PDA

View Full Version : The order of the babelfish.

Zencao
2007-12-31, 11:17 PM
Here's a fun littler activity for OOTS'ers.

Take a line or whole speech said by a character in the comic, put it into babelfish, translate it into a japanese.

Now re-translate it back into english.

Here's a nice pair from todays strip:

:haley: Whoa Whoa Whoa hold on there a moment. Who the heck said anything about surrendering? I'm going out there to shove a magic flaming arrow up one of her orifices. If you have any preference for which one I'm taking suggestions.

BECOMES

:haley: There the grasp of Whoa Whoa of time Whoa. Concerning handing you called everyone's warp guide with anything? I, pushing the kind of arrow where magic with respect to one of her open part burns have gone out there. If it possesses the taste which takes 1 Tsuga my proposition.

AND

Tsukiko: Haley? I know you're around here somewhere. I'm tired of looking for you and you're probably tired of hiding, so let's cut to the chase.

I've got your paladin friend under my magical control here. If you don't come out by the count of ten, I'll command him to start playing "pattycake"

...With the wight

Becomes

Tsukiko: Haley? I have known that it is in here somewhere. I reach, becoming tired in searching, becoming tired in hiding perhaps, therefore it will be cut off in pursuit. I under my magical control have the friend of the loyal retainer of your chivalry here. If it does not come out due to the calculation of 10, I order in order to start doing "pattycake" in him... wight

I'm sure some fun can be had for long time. :D

EvilElitest
2007-12-31, 11:31 PM
??? Is bable fish trying to so that?
from
EE

Zencao
2007-12-31, 11:33 PM
??? Is bable fish trying to so that?
from
EE

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Now that that meme is out of the way, what did you originally translate? :P

monty
2007-12-31, 11:39 PM
Yay, poorly made translation algorithms!

Or, as Babelfish says it:
Yay which is made imperfectly in translation algoritms,!

Schulzy
2008-01-01, 02:16 AM
"Don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights."
Until you look at the eye of wights, never the fire.

memnarch
2008-01-01, 10:37 AM
I am a sexy shoeless god of war!!!

becomes

As for me sexy shoeless God of war! ! So it is!

Uncle Festy
2008-01-01, 10:40 AM
:nale: "Ah, Nale, you handsome beast, this will be the evil frosting on a very wicked cake. You'll wine her and dine her and then, right when she's ready to let you have her way with her, you'll kill her instead.
I'm sure it will be difficult to describe in words the exact mixture of shock and betrayal when "Elan" runs her through with a dagger on the cusp of the consummation of her wildest sexual fantasy - but maybe after this whole gate thing is resolved, I'll pop on over to my brother's jail cell and do my best to do it justice.
Whew, OK. Hopefully that got my natural urge to digress into a complete explanation of my evil plan out of my system. I don't want to go all "Bond Villan" and forget to finish the job."
Becomes (via dutch, I can't get japanese to work):

:nale: Ah, nasty, you nice animal, this it will be angry berijpend on a very bad cake. You wine will dine its and its and then, exactly when she ready has left you its manner with its has, you will kill her in place of it. I am certainly it difficult will be in words the precise mixture of bump and betrayal describe when "zest" puts her by with dagger on cusp of consummation of its wildest sexual fantasie in functioning - but perhaps after this whole poortding are solved, I on concerning to the prison cell of my brother bang and my bests doing doing justice. O.K. Whew. Hopelijk became that my natural drang to digress in a complete declaration of my kwaad plan from my system. I do not want go and even if "link forgets Villan" conclude the job.

Yendor
2008-01-01, 11:34 AM
The Japanese worked fine for me. This is what it becomes:

:nale: "At the time of the ampere, the handsome animal of Nale, this it is the badness which is clouded with the very cunning cake. When wine her, next her permitting the fact that it possesses her her method preparation doing, the meal her in order to do, just her in substituting the murder. I move her "vigor" due to the trench knife of the point of consummation of the imagination of characteristic of her wildness, but as for the time describing the strict blend of impact and the betrayal with word being difficult thing is verified, - after thing of this all gate solves, perhaps, I sound plunk in the German room of my sibling, justice exhaust all power in order to do that. The acceptance of Whew. If it went well, that obtained my natural impulse which from my system in complete explanation of my wicked plan turns aside in side. "The bad guy of all captivities" I go, would like to forget that work is finished. "

Omicroncubed
2008-01-01, 12:00 PM
:roy: Yes, Elan, that's exactly what I think. I think Lord Shojo is a robot. An angry robot with laser beam eyes and crushing titanium claws, sent from the future to punish us in the past. Now could you shut up for one moment while I try to think of what I'm going to say?

Becomes (English -> Japanese -> English)

:roy: It is, vigor is those which that I think exactly. As for me Shojo which thinks of that the main thing is the robot. The robot which uses the fact that the nail of the titanium which is sent from future the eye of the laser beam and in order to penalize in the past us is crushed and is gotten angry. That concerning those where I think that you think I probably will call while trying, now between tightening of 1 o'clock it will quite do?

Zencao
2008-01-01, 12:46 PM
The Japanese worked fine for me. This is what it becomes:

:nale: "At the time of the ampere, the handsome animal of Nale, this it is the badness which is clouded with the very cunning cake."

I just found a new sig...

ref
2008-01-01, 01:02 PM
It's really interesting how Elan and Nale were re-translated via dutch.

Malfunctioned
2008-01-01, 02:14 PM
:haley: Assassination, female dog!

:thog: The nail which now is not due to the fact that nale of the nail not-nale. of nale leaves not-nale to the jail, while nailing, nail, are not nale. and thog which do not have the nail of the help of thog of nale and not-nale. which are not not-nale tie nale which is not :smallbiggrin:

Omicroncubed
2008-01-01, 03:21 PM

:thog: The nail which now is not due to the fact that nale of the nail not-nale. of nale leaves not-nale to the jail, while nailing, nail, are not nale. and thog which do not have the nail of the help of thog of nale and not-nale. which are not not-nale tie nale which is not :smallbiggrin:

Now THAT makes less sense than what Thog was REALLY saying :smallbiggrin:

monty
2008-01-01, 03:28 PM

Ok, that's getting sigged.

Dwarkanath
2008-01-01, 04:09 PM
Mistress, I'm not wearing shoes
The housewife, I have not attached the shoes to the body

Now if I could only figure out a way to make them explode on impact
If the method I exploding those with influence grasp it is possible simply, now

Their screams of agony will actually waft up and sweeten the fruit they're carrying
The scream of agony drifts really, makes the fruit which is being carried sweet
(Not half bad, actually)

I was supposed to mention that first, wasn't I?
I was supposed in order first to express, so the shank?
(huh-wha?)

She has flowers in her hair and bluebirds singing around her head. Who did you think she was, the bringer of pestilence?
There is a flower with her hair and bluebirds which in her are sung around her head. It was, bringer of pestilence you think and are high everyone's her.

What is that smoky flavor in your blood cholesterol? Is that Gouda?
Is taste of that smoke of the cholesterol of your blood what? Is there the Gouda?

Ain't babelfish great? :D

-- Dave

Mauve Shirt
2008-01-01, 04:26 PM
:redcloak: I fired titanium elementals at them. They're just as strong and 40% lighter.
What? Hey, it's not my fault everyone else limits themselves to four elements. Some of us got passing grades in Chem.
I mean, fire shouldn't even count. It's a chemical reaction. They're not called "Reactionals," you know.

:redcloak: I made elementals of titanium start with those. Those are fair as a forcing and 40% lighter/writer.
What? Just a little, that is not my defect where everyone limits them themselves to four elements. Our some people the class which chemistry crosses was obtained. I should not count the fire, it means. That is the chemical reaction. They are not called "Reactionals," that you have known.

:roach: He besieged me with SCIENCE!

:roach: He encircled me of SCIENCE!

Omicroncubed
2008-01-01, 04:28 PM
S'more

:elan: Wanna make out?
Becomes
:elan: It makes Wanna?

:miko: I do not understand. My Smite Evil attack should have finished you off...
Becomes
:miko: I do not understand. The wicked attack of my Smite finishes... from separated it should, is

Julia: Look! Boobs! Don't you like boobs? Don't you want to pay attention to the girl with the boobs? C'mon, this always works with my teachers...
Becomes
Julia: See! Boobs! Boobs which you like? We would like to pay attention to the girl it has boobs? C'mon works remains my teacher... always

:xykon: I think I just had an evilgasm
Becomes
:xykon: I think of that I exactly possess evilgasm.

Ash Williams
2008-01-01, 05:20 PM
:roy: My greatsword seems to have been rent in twain, and being as my venture to reconstruct it has been temporarily quelled, I require a suitable proxy for my broken bequest.

becomes

As for my greatsword with like rent of トワイン my speculation which reconstructs that was calmed temporarily, as for me the letter of attorney which is suited because of bequest ones where I am broken is required.

Mauve Shirt
2008-01-01, 05:47 PM
:haley: V says Elan has been running around naked, so I'm off to see what his 18 charisma is worth "under the hood."

:haley: V vigor exposed is moving directly with the around, therefore me that 18 charisma under the hood." Although "there is a value, it means that we should see

ZFR
2008-01-01, 05:57 PM
As for my greatsword with like rent of トワイン my speculation which reconstructs that was calmed temporarily, as for me the letter of attorney which is suited because of bequest ones where I am broken is required.

So he had to write to Mr. Rodriguez?:smallbiggrin:

rankrath
2008-01-01, 06:09 PM
V's rant in comic ten goes from;

:vaarsuvius: the forces of the very cosmos are mine to command, and yet still you cannot comprehend the dark dismal end in store for you and your wiked compatriots. Nay! Your little brains can only leave you gasping in horror as I bend reality to my very will. The magic I wield is capable of rending asunder the universe-nay, the whole multi-verse, and in fact is wasted on such pitiful creatures as yourself. But I shall bring it to bear nonetheless, and you shall rue the day I chose to wreak such unimaginable havoc on your lives with the shear power of my arcane works. And lo, in the days and years to come when the children come to play in the smoking crater that once held your den of evil, they shall know nothing of your wicked... but all shall feel the echoes of the...

to this;
Just, as for power of outer space at the present place which is my ones which are ordered still not to be able understand of the store because of you the gloomy edge darkly, your compatriots wiked. Nay! The brain where you are small cannot pant leave when in fear I bend actuality very in my will, only simultaneously and. I as for the brandishing/scattering う magic outer space universe-nay, pull all the multi poems disjointedly and i am possible, really to tear, like pitiful creative ones with hatchet itself become wasteful. But as for me in order to withstand that in spite even to that it has the day when the fact that rue I whom bring that kind of unimaginable destruction of your life of shear force of my incomprehensible work is chosen. When and playing with the crater which inhales the tobacco where the child grasps your cave of one time badness it comes, it is low within day and the year when it comes, you it is cunning... you do not know at all, but as for everything echo is felt...

and
:mitd: order of the stick! Your broken corpses will taste delicious lightly seasoned with nutmeg!

becomes

Order of stick! The corpse where you are broken ニクズク is tasty, it dried you taste lightly!

Alex Warlorn
2008-01-02, 12:12 AM
Never trust babblefish with any more than two words.

Regneva
2008-01-02, 02:47 AM
This was done a lot of times before. It is running thin actually

Kimpire
2008-01-02, 03:11 AM
:xykon: When I who am not my side remain possessing power the foolish human the power of Xykon it cannot be defeated under any condition!
:mitd: Order of stick! The corpse where you are broken ニクズク is tasty, it dried you taste lightly!

:xykon: Ahem. When "being, my side which I possess remain power! "
:mitd: Order of stick! I soak with the gel of the bathroom of the lavender and your blood of good loofa!

Malfunctioned
2008-01-02, 11:46 AM
:miko: As you command, master. you are my rightful leige. I obey your wishes. For I am a paladin..... whether any of you like it or not. But mark my words: This act of defiance has sealed your fate. You will suffer a great loss for choosing evil over good. This I swear. Holy justice will be served, in due time. I only pray that the twelve gods allow it to be my hand that strikes the final blow, so that I might feel your warm sin-stained blood spill rightfully on the cold hard ground.

:miko: In order to order, my lawful leige which is acquires. I follow your request. Whether or not I either one among you of for the sake of like that, the loyal retainer of chivalry.... So it is. But acquire the sign to my word: This behavior of attitude of opposing sealed up your destiny. Excessive for badness of good selection with large loss it suffers. This which I swear. Holy justice is useful within proper time. Depending upon me in order perhaps, the crime where the hardstand I cool you are warm you are moved the spilling of the blood which is polluted by lawfully, the God 12 only it tries to being my hand where that strikes final shock you pray.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-01-02, 11:52 AM
Somebody once tried to translate the entire comic. It was hilarious.

Some of those used to be in my sig:

:roy:I do feel more intimidating.
:roy:I threaten rather than feeling.

:miko:I . . . I don't understand.
:miko:I do not understand me.

:haley: Tee hee!
CRASH!
:haley: Hee of tea! Collision!

Anything with "goblin" comes out as "small demon."

Elan becomes Vigor.

EDIT: The first post of this thread:

There is the activity which for OOTS'ers is smaller than the straw raincoat pleasantly here. If the line is taken, being inserted by that babelfish by the quality of comedy, it is said, all speech translates that in the Japanese. Now re-translate that in English. There is a group where here is splendid from the present strip: There the grasp of Whoa Whoa of time Whoa. Concerning handing you called everyone's warp guide with anything? I, pushing the kind of arrow where magic with respect to one of her open part burns have gone out there. If it possesses the taste which takes 1 Tsuga my proposition. There where it becomes the grasp of Whoa Whoa of time Whoa. Was everyone called the thing distortion guide with something in regard to transferring? I where a kind of arrow where the magic regarding one of the burning mark of the part where she opened goes out there is pushed. If it owns the taste where that takes my proposition in Tsuga 1. And Tsukiko: Haley? I have known that it is in here somewhere. I reach, becoming tired in searching, becoming tired in hiding perhaps, therefore it will be cut off in pursuit. I under my magical control have the friend of the loyal retainer of your chivalry here. If it does not come out due to the calculation of 10, I in order to start doing "pattycake" in him, order... become wight Tsukiko: Haley? I had known that it is here that somewhere. I reach, reaches the point where you can become tired with the search which reaches the point where perhaps you can become tired by the fact that it hides, therefore it can shut off with pursuit. In I under my magical control loyalty of your loyalty the friend of the holder is here. If that does not appear in for calculating 10, as for me in order to start doing that "pattycake"... wight as for me who am ordered when being pleasant, between long time can passing thing is verified. : D

And twice for good measure:There is the activity which is smaller here than the raincoat of the straw pleasantly because of OOTS'ers. If the line is taken, comedy, it is that of the Japanese whom being inserted you mention earlier with the babelfish due to quality, all it makes speech translate. Now re-translate English that. Here there is an element clear forcing group from the present strip: There the grasp of Whoa Whoa of time Whoa. Was everyone called the thing distortion guide with something in regard to transferring? I where a kind of arrow where the magic regarding one of the burning mark of the part where she opened goes out there is pushed. If it owns the taste where that takes my proposition in Tsuga 1. At the point where that becomes the grasp of Whoa Whoa of time Whoa there. Everyone is called the distortion guide of some thing in regard to movement and is high. At the point where a kind of arrow where the magic regarding 1 of the signs where the part which she opened is very hot goes out there is pushed I. That my proposes owns of the acquisition Tsuga 1 the taste. And Tsukiko: Haley? I had known that it is here that somewhere. I reach, reaches the point where you can become tired with the search which reaches the point where perhaps you can become tired by the fact that it hides, therefore it can shut off with pursuit. In I under my magical control loyalty of your loyalty the friend of the holder is here. If that does not appear in for calculating 10, in order I that order... to start doing "pattycake" of wight Tsukiko which becomes,: Haley? I had known that it is here that that somewhere. As for me perhaps it hides, the investigation which reaches to the point which can reach the point where you become tired with the fact that being about it to be possible to reach the point where you become tired, the range point it reaches, therefore pursuit it is possible to go out. In I under my magical control loyalty of your loyalty as for the friend of the holder it is here. If it does not appear because that calculates 10, in regard to me "to start doing that in order, feeling is good between the can of the long time which pattycake"... transfers thing, when it is verified, in regard to me whom AM orders wight: D

CabbageTheif
2008-01-02, 12:18 PM
:elan:hey, get aound the other side of this troll, we'll flank it

:elan:Just a little, around the opposite side of this trawl, us profit do that it arranges.

dakiwiboid
2008-01-02, 08:00 PM
This was done a lot of times before. It is running thin actually

Has that stopped anyone from starting MITD or V's gender threads? This one still has some amusement value, and can't be replicated by a simple trip to the search engine, at least.

I've got one that's not really a fair test for Babel Fish, not that I really care about being fair to a computer utility. :smallbiggrin:

That it redoubles there is a side of rising as a detection system of the trap. The side the druid teaching priests is included due to the pointy stick.

Schulzy
2008-01-02, 08:10 PM
V's trademark line becomes "I now morning prepared runes of explosiveness"

Rollin
2008-01-02, 09:01 PM
:belkar: YOU KILLED THE WACKY OLD DUDE WITH THE CAT?!?!?

:belkar: The cat which you kill? ! ? ! ? With the wind change which it has the old man

monty
2008-01-02, 09:09 PM
:thog: The nail which now is not due to the fact that nale of the nail not-nale. of nale leaves not-nale to the jail, while nailing, nail, are not nale. and thog which do not have the nail of the help of thog of nale and not-nale. which are not not-nale tie nale which is not

Running that through a few more times...

Japanese:
Now because of fact the nale of not-nale of the nail the nail which is not something which has become so. The nail of not-nale of the leaf of nale to the jail while being nailed, is not thog and nale. which is not the nail of the help of thog of nale or not-nale. which are not nale of the tie of not-nale which is not

That through Chinese:
Now because nail not-nale fact nale was not something has become the like this nail. When is nailed fast, nale isn't leaf's not-nale nail to the jail the nail or not-nale nale.. The nale thog help is not not-nale tie thog or nale is not

Finally, Korean:
Now the nail not-nale fact nale intelligence this becomes silence because is not and etc. it is not. When driving the quick nail, the nale the nail or the not-nalenale. where is not the leaf not-nale nail in the prison. The nalethog help the not-nale tie thog or the nale is not intelligence

Iterations make everything more complicated.

matador
2008-01-02, 09:30 PM
Going to-and-fro a few times, using japanese, portuguese, korean, russian, greek, and both Chinese dialects, we can turn:

Whoa Whoa Whoa hold on there a moment. Who the heck said anything about surrendering? I'm going out there to shove a magic flaming arrow up one of her orifices. If you have any preference for which one I'm taking suggestions.

into:

From that time Whoa from of decrease WhoaWhoa of the place that uses the report with the skin, the chain woman of the postavky veterinarian the xyrj'zej this is simply in internal order b and this it causes, in order the person who relates inside NOP is continued, for b - nibyd6 each one, and this day of order which continue this to become and to have respected, it happens to be, thing, 4 this this it happens, it entrusts? Just the iskusstvoo point relationship inside those which are made to many of I and power in this, or team Anui of the magic of the beginning from the place is added xefloydj'zetaj to which Shi thing thing of this place connects pressure. But Tsuga or thing with antj of the edge ' the skin of the photostat of that time 1 seriousness and ayto' tin the taste of obligation and b the occurrence which is decided and the skin solid this,

And just going back and forth between english and korean a few times turns:

Tsukiko: Haley? I know you're around here somewhere. I'm tired of looking for you and you're probably tired of hiding, so let's cut to the chase.

I've got your paladin friend under my magical control here. If you don't come out by the count of ten, I'll command him to start playing "pattycake"

...With the wight

into:

Tsukiko: Haley? Only it searched in order to become fatigued inside the Iss.Me immense questionable matter lower part which it does here order inside doing that at it spreaded outside which to it is possible outside on inside I and lower part under importance in the lower part of of the convenience where on the city internal which forms the market the U will be under it becoming fatigued on order internal it connects inside lower part of inside order of 1 thing, in order description below, outside and it the lower part which it writes without in the hiding wife who respects them who outside this of it it will make a reduction by the wife spread out at the outside inside the inside side inside it cut outside inside that it becomes. Lower part, here or as the target target hits the target and the i which equips your dignity which it wins, it article friend it it is a magic control which is important from that place. Will be inaccurate spreads out, "... In order to mean the investigation "the thing and by the connection thing outside motion glow n starting pattycake and order at the outside, it of 10 it does not come out to this due to outside and the internal human being the inside it it means the fact that it spreads out.

Good stuff -- babelfish never gets tired.

Regneva
2008-01-03, 02:14 AM
Has that stopped anyone from starting MITD or V's gender threads? This one still has some amusement value, and can't be replicated by a simple trip to the search engine, at least.

Remembering the stupid V and Miko threads, I think I must agree with you.

The Duskblade
2008-01-03, 06:06 AM
:elan: :When... those do not kill us, and enliven the corpse where we die in order to fight because of those. Then I those suppose our lives and that our freedom is taken.

Fight of fight of fight....

Raziel398
2008-01-03, 06:23 AM
Tsukiko: If you don't come out by the count of ten, I'll command him to start playing "Pattycake"

becomes

Tsukiko: If it does not come out due to the calculation of 10, I order in order to start doing "Pattycake" in him,

Resistance Guy:Damn her! Thanh won't make it to the end of the second line before he's a lifeless husk!

becomes

Resistance Guy: Severely criticize her! Thanh before being the shell he there is no vigor in the edge of the 2nd line does not make that!
:smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2008-01-03, 06:34 AM
Surprisingly, "Nooooo!" in Chinese and back comes out to "Nooooo!" and not "Do Not Want!"

Another urban legend debunked or a sign that Babelfish truly doesn't work?

tanonx
2008-01-04, 11:39 AM
Babelfish is one up from Chinese bootleggers subtitling translated English movies in English.

Also, Babelfish refused to translate Nos with more than one O. So...

Elan says... Hey, did someone in here just drop to their knees and scream "Noooooo"? I got a feeling...

Babelfish says... Just a little, here someone of fair decrease in the knee "Calling obtaining" in order to shout? I... obtained feeling

maxon
2008-01-04, 06:53 PM
Cunning cake eh?

Reading this reminds me strongly of the essays I get from some of my overseas students. I think I see a pattern ...

Arkatsson
2008-01-04, 09:29 PM
Lol, I'll never trust babel fish again!

greecetrap
2008-01-04, 09:50 PM
:elan: Behold! Banjo the Clown - god of puppets!

See, I named him Banjo because he has a little -

:roy: Yeah, I get it.

Becomes:

See! Banjo buffoonery teacher - God of puppet! Because a little is in him, me look at him who is shown as the banjo - to be able to obtain, I obtain that

And:

:haley: Oh no, sister, I've been down that fashion road before. Sure, the black clothes look sexy, but eventually you turn, like, seventeen and realize that all your dark, middle-classed angst isn't really that meaningful in a world where literal flesh-and-blood demons eat people from time to time.

Becomes:

No of Ohio state, the sisters, I directly am before that methodological road. Truly, as for black clothing you see sexily, but after all, the way, 17 it turns, your darkness everything, center that it had meaning in the world where the meat of the insecure letter which is classified and the ogre of the blood occasionally eat the people without being really it is understood.

This is my new hobby. :D

Arkenputtyknife
2008-01-05, 02:38 AM
Lol, I'll never trust babel fish again!
I've never trusted it at all — at least not for Japanese — because I know just enough of the language to see how many ways it could get things wrong. And if I had trusted it, I would have stopped the day we used it to translate a Japanese web page about a forthcoming anime.

It took much longer to figure out what the Babelfish translation meant than it did to translate the entire page by hand. It didn't help that the Fish tried to translate all the names.

There may never be a good Japanese-English auto-translator; Japanese is far too dependent on context, and has too many possible and inexact mappings in both directions for any given term, for a machine (which lacks the context) to make sense of it.

Incidentally, reading the Fish's Japanese versions of some of these things, it's a bit odd that it didn't transliterate “Tsukiko” into Kana (ツキコ or つきこ) or even into Kanji (a little tricky since there are at least 6 ways it could be written; the most likely would be 月子 “moon-child”), but left it in Romaji.

But that's the way of the Fish.

Oh, and the above quote came back as, “Lol, I do not rely on babelfish under any condition for the second time!” Could have been worse.

Umbra
2008-01-05, 05:35 AM
:belkar:: Rise and shine, honey! You don't want to be late for your first day as an imprisoned criminal!

becomes

EDIT: Honey of rise and shine and coming! Between your first day we would like to be late as the offender who is imprisoned!

Zenos
2008-01-05, 06:35 AM
No, mistress, it's "eight," not "aaargh".

becomes

Calling you obtain, the housewife, "8 o'clock," are not "aaargh" is.

???

Ikialev
2008-01-05, 10:05 AM
Wtf is Babelfish?

Wiem, że to ma coś wspólnego z Autostopem przez Galaktykę. Po prostu wiem.

Revanmal
2008-01-05, 10:27 AM
Wtf is Babelfish?

It's a translation program on the internet that really doesn't work very well with some languages. You can find games like this one all over the net on forums because it's fun to pick on computers that can't say anything back.

monty
2008-01-05, 11:04 AM
Wtf is Babelfish?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Translates stuff into different languages.

Emperor Demonking
2008-01-05, 11:46 AM
Introducing the finest adventurers in the land, the order of the stick.

Order of introduction and the stick of the speculator where the land is best.

Arkenputtyknife
2008-01-05, 05:40 PM
It's a translation program on the internet that really doesn't work very well with some languages. You can find games like this one all over the net on forums because it's fun to pick on computers that can't say anything back.

There are many online translators, and none of them work well with Japanese. Of the ones I know, only Excite (which is a Japanese site, so good luck trying to use it if you don't know some basic Kanji) has ever produced even reasonably meaningful results. Examples:

Original: Tramp?!? Pfft, you're just jealous of my dark mysterious beauty.

Babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/): Wandering person? ! ? My to be dark mysterious beauty of Pfft it is jealous exactly.

Google (http://www.google.com/language_tools): Tramp! ? Stoned, you are my dark mysterious beauty just jealous.

Excite (http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/): Wanderer?Pfft and you nothing but envy my mysterious dark beauty.

Zencao
2008-01-07, 10:06 AM
Excite (http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/): Wanderer?Pfft and you nothing but envy my mysterious dark beauty.

That's quite an accurate translation for a website...

Shraik
2008-01-07, 06:16 PM
Seems like they just randomly insery commas then translate from there.

Alex Warlorn
2008-01-07, 08:36 PM
:xykon: When I who am not my side remain possessing power the foolish human the power of Xykon it cannot be defeated under any condition!
:mitd: Order of stick! The corpse where you are broken ???? is tasty, it dried you taste lightly!

:xykon: Ahem. When "being, my side which I possess remain power! "
:mitd: Order of stick! I soak with the gel of the bathroom of the lavender and your blood of good loofa!

Ironically.... I find that MiTD makes as much sense regardless of translation.

Kanibeos
2008-01-07, 09:30 PM
Rich: The whole party... is controlled by giant... space cats. And Xykon is really from modern earth... And let's break the 4th wall again.

a few times back and forth between english and japanese...

Rich: The enormous party everything...... is controlled by the space cat. And today really... because of that, perhaps remain from the earth, that time when it is broken by the existence of Xykon of the eye 4th there to be two of the walls.

Now THAT'S how you sound if you are sick enough to miss a comic ;-)

---

Elan: Ahhh! The pain! The stabbing blinding pain of being stabbed! Have mercy!

becomes:

Elan: Ahhh! Pain! The stick of the pain which agrees to the blind man is attached! Have the mercy!

---

Roy: Grr. Roy smash puny kobolds.

becomes:

Roy: That is good, is possible to be either one, or the possible pulling of 1 person wee kobolds Grr. Roy, a certain healthy pulling of opposite side to the place is owned (<-- I like that one!)

---

And apparently dwarven sex relates somehow to the state of Ohio:

Durkon & Hilgya: Squish! Aah! Gaaah! Mmmm! Oooh Durkon! Nngh! That's.. that's good... oh yeah...

becomes:

Durkon & Hilgya: Sound? Clear gauze? Clear gauze! Aah! Gaaah! Mmmm! Oooh Durkon! Nngh! Possibility is it is good... nation... it is in regard to the nation of nation of nation of Ohio state being to be in order to obtain.

greecetrap
2008-01-15, 07:49 PM
Well, apperantly 'Oh' translates to Ohio state, such as in my,

"No of Ohio State, Sister!"

earlier.

xD

yoshi927
2008-01-15, 08:07 PM
:xykon: : I just inscribed a Symbol of Insanity on one of those super-bouncy bouncy balls and flung it into the middle of your troops back there.

To;

:xykon: : I exactly recorded the sign of of one insanity of the sphere which is the elasticity which is those extreme elasticities in center of your troop threw there.

Further;

Eugene: What exactly don't you want to hear, oh firstborn child of mine? That your cunning plan of jumping onto the back of a moving dragon and hitting Xykon with a shiny metal stick not only failed to destroy our family's sworn foe, but also directly lead to you falling 300 feet to your demise?

to;

Eugene: You hear what exactly, the firstborn child of Ohio state of my ones want? In the back section of the portable dragon jump and simply our families you swore in Xykon of the stick of the metal which has gloss, your cunning planned thing of the thing which but in order to destroy the enemy, in addition directly by your 300 feet which have fallen to your death is not led the て hits?

I also got Ohio state. :smallbiggrin: IIRC, the remaining japanese is the katakana for "a"... but that doesn't mean anything by itself.

yoshi927
2008-01-15, 08:20 PM
I just took my Eugene thing through a few translations. English->Japanese, Japanese-> English, English->Russian, Russian->English, English->French, French->German, German->French, French->Greek, Greek->English. And at the end, we come to;

Eugene: You you precisely hear firstborn the child of determination of place ogay ogaya meinss that partial it wants? In in the Hinterdivision portable, gallop the Drachens and simply our families you have been put under oath his thing in the metal that has a varnish, in in the button cunningly the planning of Xykon of thing that, nevertheless for the enemy that is destroyed, apart from immediately from their 300 legs that his death are satisfait, it doesn't lead? Consequences?

Chronos
2008-01-15, 08:51 PM
:haley: (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0309.html) "Yrhw, N'u nw rdjy mnck vdg. Lduzrycyrv nw rdjy.
Rdjy, rdjy, rdjy, rdjy!"

becomes

"Vdg of rdjy mnck of N'u nw of Yrhw. Rdjy Lduzrycyrv nw rdjy. Rdjy and rdjy rdjy!"

This is fun!

Arkenputtyknife
2008-01-16, 01:15 AM
I also got Ohio state. :smallbiggrin: IIRC, the remaining japanese is the katakana for "a"... but that doesn't mean anything by itself.
It's four Katakana characters, オハイオ o-ha-i-o, pronounced "Ohio".

Animefunkmaster
2008-01-16, 02:02 AM
:nale: "The bad guy of all captivities" I go, would like to forget that work is finished. "

This is my favorite.

BURNhollywoodBURN
2008-02-13, 10:04 PM
Ooh. This will be a huge one. Read this only if you have the time.
This is: Mr. Jones's and Celia's arguments! The English ones are snipped, I don't have enough time to type them all up. Like our good friend Belkar once said: Nobody has that kind of time. Sorry.
Anyhoo:
Mr Jones:
There is one fact which is necessary to be considered with this test and passes: The human who is known as vigor destroys the gate of Dorukan, so doing there is no that ally him deliberate or to help, it is high. Answering is simple. To be, he to do, be, as for those.

As for defense concerning bravery and that kind of ones simple characteristic of this answering of many stories is tried, the obfuscate way but this the court, is the bardic poem which is not. The advantage oh high how that, as for law is clear finally: The fact that cloth of the outer space due to 1 basis of destruction of the gate is weakened is crime of the eye of the God which gives their holy powers to supervision of the sapphire.

The death where that replaces in God law, carries problem to itself hand it is not the place for being escaping. When in supervision of the sapphire we do not want accompanying these criminals in justice, exceeding those which probably will not cancel the God power to which understanding you or me can do thing perhaps, is permitted in the public official of obstruction intelligence and it grasps in God, it is?

We can interpret their will easily so with the observation of the thing which does not look at conformity yet in order to do. Because defense does not decide the demand for doubt, if the gate of Dorukan so it is not possible to do, when it is necessary God itself to be destroyed, at this point in time?

You spoke God with their silence: As for supervision of the sapphire there is a right, there is no order of the stick. The God where you are useful justice, is good due to their just definitions; Never justice and it is good with anything in case of both, there is no will. Decide in guidance, and continue, the defendant as guilt.

Everything which we ask is that a certain law is executed. Crime, those which it tries to do time did those. Thank you.
I'll stop there for now, I'll continue it later.

Athaniar
2008-02-14, 09:58 AM
YES, the resurrection/rebirth/reincarnation/reanimation of my favorite thread! I can't stop laughing at translations like these.

BURNhollywoodBURN
2008-02-14, 10:14 PM
I'm continuing with Celia's argument. Remember, look at the comic if you want to know the original English, 'cause there's no way I'm typing that.
Celia:
My customer makes Rune of the gate of oneself activate and self-Destruct Dorukan is high. It is. As for we discussing and without being in spite even in those which never execution receives believing this fact. But when there is no circumstance which guarantees use is there Rune of the gate of the self self-Destruct beginning? When vigor destroys the gate, he or that furthermore that from development having known how had done right in at his abnormal play gripping time which is not with henchmen of the small demon of Xykon's.

We and have lived of black in the world of morality white; Everything has known this our what, is. But I black always by mistake the white which is always am correct, to ask that you called? The cord/code where our straight lines being line are not hard because the legitimate straight line is not made equal, do not bend, is. Those are purpose because of us ourselves. Standard we desire the fact that we can achieve in our centers. Those failing, in order for we to live among the limits in that straight line, it does not make the selection which it made in order to try invalid; When that we being the greatly balance following, the fairness which has the necessity to try average.

This courthouse operates clearly under the point of view which is possible to be legitimate, but blindly requiring that disordered behavior of my customer is classified as a crime it does not mean that. It possesses the present time of the opportunity and the right which correct the mistake which you can do with fullness of my customer.

Strict adhesion is not meant in uniform meaningless law with legitimate good safety as a sacrifice. That recognizes the possibility of bad law. The authority which is possible to be legitimate like this courthouse always law is larger, whether or not it is good it supports, it is necessary to appraise. It is struck from record, or should correct.

Therefore I safety and welfare of the inhabitant of outer space is larger with any prohibition for the destruction of the gate it is subordinate to be good, you propose. But as for that when being transferred, law the fact that to be less than approving the fact that everything of possibility was not inserted in intention consideration justice it is good and makes is not done. Your straight line does not try to have immunity in the mistake the straight line is not changed and, the mistake is made with.

Distinction between intention and behavior is the foundation of law. You thought the standard for punishment, but it is not what kind of the thing and behavior take. And vigor when he destroys that gate, in spite even in having capacity absolutely understands the fact the hero, did not take the behavior which is needed desperately. It was, he weakened the cloth of outer space. And as for us perhaps him, now you speak all small demons. Or it is worse, perhaps outer space it comes being the whole in the edge.

As for the straight line first stage and are people who insist that it is restriction; Those restrict possible personality, originally bring unsolvable opposition. Prove those by mistake. When object it reaches to the system well and wickedness, there is a quiet room for the nuance and exception prove. If the right proves because of the reason which everything where the legitimate can by mistake is because of the reason occasionally on the all right, is occasionally the disordered can you make a mistake. The rectilinear system works, prove, when there is a crime, find my customer.

Thank you.

Oberon
2008-02-16, 05:55 AM
From comic 212:

:haley: News flash Roy: every quest we've done has been all about YOU. "I want to beat Xykon, I want the starmetal, I want to bump uglies with the paladin."

in japanese
News bulletin Roy: There were all searches which we do completely concerning you. "I think that we would like to throw uglies where the loyal retainer of metal of star and my chivalry which you think that me we would like to strike Xykon, we want has been attached.

Elanorea
2008-02-16, 07:55 AM
:roy:: Not so bad... easy for her to say, she's not the one who's this close, and still so far away

:roy:: Because of her it is bad so, there is no thing this which is said...
as for easy her soon to be, still for the present it is not everyone's
1 year old.

---

:roy:: Damn it, she can't see me either! So much for the bonds of love. Or the bonds of mutual lust, at least.

:roy:: It meets to her me, it is not possible it is serious! So for uniting
the love. Or unity of mutual yearning, at least.

---

Roy's Archon: It's opportunities like this that really make me miss having feet.

Roy's Archon: What the failure which really has the feet in me is done the
opportunity way this is.

I'd do more, but with my crappy internet connection I have to refresh every page about 15 times before I get it to load, so I'll stop before I get carpal tunnel syndrome.

BURNhollywoodBURN
2008-02-17, 10:13 PM
Now for: Elan's inn song! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0238.html)
Now I'll post the English.
Elan:
Won't you come leave the inn with me?
There's really neat things you should see
Out there on the emerald fields untilled.
It has nothing to do with you getting killed.
Babelfish:
Amn't I who come left to in? You should see in untilled emerald field there, really there is an edge correct thing. As for that being killed, you who have been able completely there is no relationship.

Elan:
You should follow me out onto the grass'n
It's not so you can avoid the assassins
That sure aren't running loose in the place
And might stab you seven times in the face.
Babelfish:
With that to I should be followed in grass'n, not to be and therefore the assassin is avoided truly at the place, not to be running loosely, 7 times perhaps it is possible, the surface sticks.

Elan:
There's no reason at all for us to herd
You out of here fast, I give you my word.
Let's all just leave this inn that's wooden.
If you do, we'll... uh, give you free pudding!
Babelfish:
Because the reason which is gathered here because of us is at all fast, me there is no my word which is given. As for everything this in which is the fair permission wood. In order, our will... to give uh and the free pudding,!

Elan:
Now each one of you is safe and sound
Outside the inn and on the ground
Where we know you won't be bugged
By two mean guys who just need to be hugged!
Babelfish:
Now your each one outside in is safe, it is not troubled by the person of the center fair necessity 2 it is embraced with the land where we have known!

Wow. The last sentence is... kind of sad. Also, note the word "Amn't" and the comma followed by the exclamation point.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-18, 12:48 AM
That is one of the greatest songs ever.

V Junior
2008-03-21, 12:45 PM
All going English-French-Italian-English

Haley's 100 line: 'HEAD BUTT SNEAK ATTACK!'
Becomes: 'MAIN ATTACK OF MOUCHARD OF AIM!'
----
Tsukiko's 541 line: 'Hah! Dead man, definately completely!'
Becomes: 'Hah! Dead man, definately completely!'
----
Heh.

Ikialev
2008-03-21, 03:19 PM
I just inscribed a Symbol of Insanity on one of those super-bouncy bouncy balls and flung it into the middle of your troops back there.

Becomes:

There bouncy of the estupendo-superones and finished of arrojolo in the center inscribed a symbol of madness in one of these balls them its bandos behind.

AND!:
Elan's inn song:

Come you will not leave of inn with me? There are things that really purifies you only for outside in the fields must see emerald untilled. Has nothing with toi do not do that killed starts. You must me follow for outside in grass n that it is not as soon as toi can the assassins whom correctly softly in the place do not work and stab the seven times in the face avoid. There not absolutely no reason in everything so that they realign us of rapid, has I him gives my word. Our exactly each license leaves these inn that it is in wood. If you, we uh of the will release..., for delui pudding! Maintaining each of toi is certainly and healthy except inn and in the ground where we know you the not desinsetado will be by two guys average that need equitable being étreint!

Zencao
2008-03-25, 08:05 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels...

Capt'n Ironbrow
2008-03-26, 07:36 AM
why does babelfish re-translates all things related to family to "Ohio State"?
How does that become inserted?

Could it be the Mormons?