PDA

View Full Version : A land like any other.....[Homebrew world]

wadledo
2008-01-01, 07:58 PM
I've been wanting to DM a homebrew game for a while now, and I need y'alls help with some specifics:

I'd like to make a LA 0 or 1 Adu男a(plant race from Dragon mag, can be found in Crystal Keep), and I honestly don't see why it's +2.

No half-orcs, and I was thinking of making Raptorians as the "new" Half-orcs, so I need some ability score ideas.

While reading The Sandman Series I had this crazy idea for a bunch of immortal (outsiders?) creatures that live inside and are trapped in the dreams of mortals.
More fluff to follow, but I mainly need ideas and LA for this template:
Half-Dream
+4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Dex, -2 Wis
[some name like Ever Resting?]:You must sleep at least 8 hours a day, and this automatically happens the same time every day. This can be put off for as long as 30 minutes per day with a DC 15 Will save. You may sleep longer than 8 hours if you wish.
I.e. You fell asleep at 8:00 yesterday, today you want to stay up later, you make your save, you can now stay awake between 8:00 and 8:30, tomorrow you can either go to sleep at 8:30, or make another will save and go to sleep at 9:00.
Dream reading: In your sleep you may visit the dreams of others, looking into their minds and finding what lies beneath their lives.
Identical to Read thoughts (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/readThoughts.htm) except it only affects sleepers, has a range of 1000 feet, has no max duration(though you must still look into the subjects mind for at least a minute), and can detect only powerful memories.
Immune to Phantasm's (stuff like Nightmare)
Naturally Psionic
More stuff definitely

No Gnomes, but there's still Halflings.

Now for some true fluffyness:
Dwarves in the Western mountains, Elves and Adu男a (need better name) in the Eastern forests, Raptorians in the Southern tundra (cold tundra), humans and halflings everywhere, North.....?, at center of it all is a giant bottomless lake (no seas as far as I can see).
There are mountain raptorians(possibly taking a nod from Goliaths), forest raptorians(more likely just smarter), different "species" of Adu男a (which will most likely be vaguely oriental), and something small to replace the Gnomes coming from the north(which is now a possible tropical swamp).

More, more, always more to come.