PDA

View Full Version : Beserker Feat

Sonofaspectre
2008-01-02, 03:39 AM
I love the Berserker variant in PHBII for Barbarians, but I don't want to stick with the Barbarian class alone, I don't believe, possibly going into Sorcerer to make a Gish of some sort, don't know.

Would it be too over-powered/broken to create a feat that allowed me to continue to stack my levels of whatever other class with the Berserker cap of 5x Barbarian level in hitpoints so that he will be a little more useful?

The feat would look something like this:

Berserker's Heart
Prereqs: ???
You may stack levels with other classes and that of Berserker for determining your level to enter the Berserker's Strength.

or:

Berserker's Heart
Prereqs: ???
You may add +4 to your barbarian level for determining when your berserker's strength activates. This new level number may not exceed your ECL.

Satyr
2008-01-02, 06:08 AM
It's not more powerful than the feats that make other class levels stack to determine Sneak attack damage.

HellFencer
2008-01-02, 01:51 PM
First off, I think you need to stay away from letting other levels stack to determine when a berserker's strength kicks in, as it doesn't seem to make much sense, in my opinion.

For prerequisites, I'd consider things like:

Four levels in Barbarian
Intimidate 4 ranks
Base will save +3

Beyond this list, I would treat this feat just like Practiced Spellcaster from Complete Arcane. It would add four to your barb levels (not above HD) for calculating Berserker's Strength.

Hope some of this helps!

Nebo_
2008-01-02, 09:17 PM
Four levels in Barbarian
Intimidate 4 ranks
Base will save +3

No, bad.

Instead of a class levels prerequisite, you use something that the class gives.
Why four levels anyway? Try:

Rage class feature and ability to spontaneously cast 2nd level arcane spells.

HellFencer
2008-01-03, 09:12 AM
I was merely saying that as an example. Besides, no other base class yet gives a rage ability, as far as I've seen. I'd be happily surprised to the contrary, actually.

I was using four levels to represent having the "heart" of a berserker. You can't just get that from a level or two, in my opinion. I personally like to give prerequisites that are more than just feats; needing a base will save shows strength of a berserker's will.