PDA

View Full Version : Artificer PrC

icthius
2008-01-02, 08:31 AM
I'm looking for a good artificer PrC, and I can't seem to find any at all. Is it too new a class to have them or am I not looking in the right spot?

Stabby
2008-01-02, 08:47 AM
Actually, Artificer is made of so much win, that you don't really want to PrC out of it. Honsetly though, there are one or two I can think of, Renegade Mastermaker and Alchemest (sp) Savant, neither is that amazing. Alchemest (sp) is alright, but since Artificer bonus crafting feats are nice and since other PrCs don't refill your craft reserve, Artificer is one of those classes that it is almost always better to NOT PrC out of.

All that is just in my opinion, others may have a totally different spin on things.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-02, 08:55 AM
If you focus on using wands, then Cannith Wand Adept from Sharn supplement is a must.

icthius
2008-01-02, 09:32 AM
Actually, Artificer is made of so much win, that you don't really want to PrC out of it. Honsetly though, there are one or two I can think of, Renegade Mastermaker and Alchemest (sp) Savant, neither is that amazing. Alchemest (sp) is alright, but since Artificer bonus crafting feats are nice and since other PrCs don't refill your craft reserve, Artificer is one of those classes that it is almost always better to NOT PrC out of.

All that is just in my opinion, others may have a totally different spin on things.

Renegade mastermaker is exactly what I want. It fits so perfectly with the flavor of this character and prefrences of the player, it looks like it was written specifically for her. Thanks!

Telonius
2008-01-02, 10:00 AM
My DM and I homebrewed up an Artificer/Cleric Theurge PrC, the "Deus ex Machina." The link's here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40330) (old thread, so mind the threadomancy).