PDA

View Full Version : crafting magic things

Jimbob
2008-01-02, 10:13 AM
greetings all to you playground goers, hope you all had a festive christmas and new year, my first post of 2008 :smallsmile:

Any way my question.
My wizard has the augment summon feat and the rapid summoning from UA, and my question is, if I create a want of summon monster X, would it have the bonus of the augment summon and the rapid summoning???
(for any one who does not know the rapid summoning variant from UA turns it from a full round action to a standard action, and all you have to give up is you fluffy little side kick)

Oh and I need to pick a 2nd level spell, my wizard is a conjour and I can not have EVO and ENCH spells these are prohibated, need any more info just let me know,

thanks to you all!!!!!!:smallcool:

Tallis
2008-01-02, 10:20 AM
You'd have to pay more to put the feat into the wand. Activating a magic item is a standard action anyway, so the rapid summoning wouldn't matter anyway.
As far as second level spells web and glitterdust are 2 of my favorites.

Jimbob
2008-01-02, 10:25 AM
Whats the price for doing such a thing?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-01-02, 10:25 AM
Activating a magic item is a standard action anyway, so the rapid summoning wouldn't matter anyway.

Activating a spell from a wand with a casting time longer than a standard action takes as long as it would normally take to cast the spell; in this case 1 round.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-01-02, 10:38 AM
Whats the price for doing such a thing?

There is no general rule. You would have to adjudicate it on a case by case basis.

Keld Denar
2008-01-02, 11:06 AM
Being at work, and having the relevant FAQ documents blocked by corporate firewalls, I can't provide citation.

HOWEVER, one of the more recent FAQs states that you actually do apply relevant feats when activating spell trigger items such as wands. The exact example given in the FAQ entry is the case of a Summon Monster spell recieving the benefits of the Augemented Summoning feat. By extension of this logic, one probably could activate a wand of Summon Monster as a standard action if the activator had the Rapid Summoning feat.

Can someone a little less restricted nab this FAQ entry for me? You could probably just ctr+f the document for the word "augmented".

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-01-02, 11:22 AM
Does Augment Summoning (PH 89) apply to creatures I summon with a magic item, such as a wand?

Yes, as long as the magic item is specifically using a
summon spell.

Rapid Summoning requires that you "cast" the spell, so it would not work with magic items.