PDA

View Full Version : The best for...

Gardakan
2008-01-02, 10:30 AM
So i'm back. I have to make a character level 5... but i don't know what.

The group contain a human necromancer level 5, a elemantalist level 5 drow, a samurai level 5 human, a monk level 5 human and a rogue level 5 human.

I had these choice.

Cleric level 5
Druid level 5
Bard level 5
Ranger level 5
Fighter level 4/Cleric level 1

Or anything you want that can help that party. What choice do i need to choose to make the best choice. What's the feats i will need....

Lolzords
2008-01-02, 10:35 AM
Samurai AND a monk??

I'd advise cleric.

Jimbob
2008-01-02, 10:36 AM
Looks like you beat me to it, defo a cleric!!!

cupkeyk
2008-01-02, 10:41 AM
Does the Necromancer have a small army of undead? If yes, I suggest going Bard with the feats Song of the Heart (along with the spell inspirational boost) and the feat Requiem. You can now give all the necromancer's minions +3 to attack and damage and +6 to saves vs fear. Technically, being turned (but not destroyed) is a fear effect. Hurhur.

Song of the Heart is from Eberron Campaign Setting. Inspirational Boost is from Spell Compendium. Requiem is from Libris Mortis, it lets you affect undead with bardic music.

Put in a level of Marshal for Bard 4, Marshal 1 with Master of Tactics. PRC for full support will be Dread Pirate, after bard 8. There is also the Dirgesinger PRC, but more offensive.

Gardakan
2008-01-02, 10:44 AM
Cleric is a good choice... with the domain elven and war i can be a great archer.... thanks...

Keld Denar
2008-01-02, 10:48 AM
If I was you, I'd go Cleric 5 or Bard4/Marshal1. Both roles will help you support your party melees. You already have a high level arcanist, and plenty of melees. Going with a support role will help your party out most. Its not always the most glorious, but often highly respected.