PDA

View Full Version : Half-Fiends Multiple Attacks

afrosamurai
2008-01-02, 12:17 PM
Hello guys!

I'm currently trying to create a half-fiend using the generic template available
in the Monster Manual.

However I'm a little lost when it comes to the multiple attacks half-fiends get.

If the half-fiend does a full attack, he gets two or three attacks depending if
he's equipped with a weapon and the type of the weapon.

What I'd like to know is when an half-fiend does a full attack, do these attacks
suffer penalties?

Witch
2008-01-02, 12:22 PM
Hello guys!

I'm currently trying to create a half-fiend using the generic template available
in the Monster Manual.

However I'm a little lost when it comes to the multiple attacks half-fiends get.

What I'd like to know is when an half-fiend does a full attack, do these attacks
suffer penalties?
Natural Weapons are a bit complicated in that.

Standard, you have a set of primary natural weapons and secondary natural weapons. You use primary natural weapons at your full base attack bonus, while you use secondary natural weapons at your base attack bonus - 5. You can change this to -2 by taking the Multiattack feat. None of these get iterative attacks.

If you use a weapon, in the case of the Half-Fiend, you will lose one or both of your claws. Using a weapon makes any normally primary natural weapon a secondary natural weapon (I think - not entirely positive on this.) Hence, you will use your full base attack bonus for the weapon, and use normal secondary natural weapon rules for your natural weapons. You can get iterative attacks with your weapon as normal and maintain your natural attacks.

Talya
2008-01-02, 12:29 PM
Hello guys!

in the Monster Manual.

suffer penalties?

Mixing weapon attacks and natural attacks is confusing.

If you use ONLY the half-fiends natural weapons, on a full attack the two claw attacks are made at her full BAB + bonuses. The secondary bite attack suffers a -5 penalty.

If you use a weapon, the bite attack, as well as any free hand (if any, no 2h weapons + claws) can making a claw attack, and as well, are all secondary attacks at -5.

marjan
2008-01-02, 12:29 PM
If you attack with just natural weapons you will get two claw attacks at your full base attack and bite attack with -5 penalty (note that you do not get aditional attack due to high base attack with your natural weapon). If you attack with weapon (sword for example) you will get your full number of attacks with said weapon, secondary bite attack with -5 penalty and if your other hand is free claw attack with -5 penalty.
For example if your to hit is +10 it will look like this:
Without weapons - 2 claws +10 and bite +5
With 2H sword - sword +10 and bite +5
With 1H sword - sword +10 and bite +5 and 1 claw +5

afrosamurai
2008-01-02, 01:48 PM
Ahh, I see now!

So essentially there are two sets of attacks: primary and secondary
(my bad, miss read that part in the description)

Primary attacks suffer no penalty.

Any attacks that falls in the secondary category suffer a -5 penalty

Primary Natural Attack: 2 Claws
Secondary Natural Attack: 1 Bite (-5 penalty)

Now, in the event where the HF uses two weapons like a short sword and a dagger for example, it would break down like this:

Primary: Short Sword
Secondary: Dagger, Bite (-5 penalty)

Also, since the HF primary natural attack are his two claws, this would mean if he decides to attack and move, the attack would be both claws followed by the move.

Please correct me if I messed up :)

Thanks!

Talya
2008-01-02, 01:51 PM
Now, in the event where the HF uses two weapons like a short sword and a dagger for example, it would break down like this:

Primary: Short Sword
Secondary: Dagger, Bite (-5 penalty)

No.

If your HF uses two weapons, he'd suffer standard two weapon fighting penalties to all attacks in the round (-2 if he has TWF as a feat), but he'd attack with both the short sword and his dagger at his full BAB -2, then his bite at -7 (-5 secondary, -2 because you're TWF in the round.)