PDA

View Full Version : Complete Scoundrel Confusion

Valairn
2008-01-02, 01:49 PM
I have a couple of questions related to the multi-class feats in the complete scoundrel.

Take a Fighter 4/Rogue 3/Swashbuckler 3

Who has taken BOTH the Daring Warrior and Daring Outlaw feats. Am I to assume that for bonus feats and sneak attack damage he is receiving bonus feats as if he was a level 7 fighter and for sneak attack damage as if he was a level 6 rogue? And how is the swashbuckler bonuses decided? Do I use the highest number of stack levels or the lowest number or do I combine all of them for the swashbuckler side?

Didn't ask this in the Raw section, because I think the question might be too complicated for a short answer.

marjan
2008-01-02, 02:00 PM
Your "effective" levels would be:
Fighter 7
Rogue 6
Swashbuckler 10

Ryuuk
2008-01-02, 02:01 PM
I would assume you combine them for the Swashbuckler bonuses. However, IIRC, Daring Warrior doesn't give you bonus feats, it just lets you stack Swash levels and Fighter levels for the purpose of qualifying for Fighter only feats.

Valairn
2008-01-02, 02:04 PM
I would assume you combine them for the Swashbuckler bonuses. However, IIRC, Daring Warrior doesn't give you bonus feats, it just lets you stack Swash levels and Fighter levels for the purpose of qualifying for Fighter only feats.

I must have misread the feat. I'll look into it again when I have my book on hand. Thanks.

cupkeyk
2008-01-02, 02:09 PM
Your "effective" levels would be:
Fighter 7
Rogue 6
Swashbuckler 10

Swash 10 for Dodge bonus and grace. Fighter 7 for qualifying for feats, Rogue 6 for SA.

Draz74
2008-01-02, 03:56 PM

Tragic but true. This small distinction means it is a really lame feat instead of a really awesome (overpowered?) feat.

Arbitrarity
2008-01-02, 04:01 PM
And a reason why I must smite someone in my group. *readies hammer*

Actually, it wasn't for in-game, but for "duels", a bit of an optimization challenge, but still :smallannoyed:

Valairn
2008-01-02, 05:22 PM
Tragic but true. This small distinction means it is a really lame feat instead of a really awesome (overpowered?) feat.

Actually it pretty much makes the feat completely worthless in my opinion. Fighter only feats are for the most part pretty weak sauce, excluding a few exceptions.

cupkeyk
2008-01-02, 05:29 PM
Is Weapon Supremacy worth it for a swash14, ftr4?