PDA

View Full Version : Help filling in a build

bugsysservant
2008-01-02, 05:15 PM
Well, with 4ed approaching, my group has decided to run a rapid advancement, high power, gestalt game. I finally decided to play the famous VoP Druid//Monk, but still need some help with the build. Actual build will be Druid 15//Monk 5/MoMF 10

Ability Scores (5d6, drop 2): 18, 17, 16, 15, 13, 10 Probably go Wis, Con, Int, Cha, Dex, Str though thats flexible

All variants are in, so I'm starting play with two flaws. Now I'm faced with the problem of what to do with my massive number of feats. If I play a human, I get at least 23 feats, 11 of which must be exalted. Naturally there are some obvious ones (natural spell, exalted wildshape for starters) Any ideas?

I'm considering going Dwarf for the Con. boost, since feats really aren't a problem but have no idea about subraces (prefer no LA). Any recommendations?

Also, I need something for the top five levels. Nothing beats wading into melee and crackin' skulls, but I really would like to keep my caster progression

Thanks

CASTLEMIKE
2008-01-02, 07:41 PM
Consider travelling to Eberron and pick up Planar Shepherd.

Consider taking a +2 LA Template if LA buydown is available (Half Fey, Phrenic or Saint)

A few less Monk levels maybe and some Factotum and Marshal for Motivate Aura since you won't have magic items you could do some amazing things with lots of Font of Inspiration Feats. A ToB dip could be nice for augmenting the head smashing since you could pick up a few higher level manuevers 16/2 = 8 + 1 for the ToB Martial Adept class so a single level dip into ToB could be nice at level 17 for picking up a few higher level manuevers (Possibly as high as 5th) to taste.

Godsight from Lost Empires of Faerun. Spellfire Wielder from Magic of Faerun.

A single level dip in Cloistered Cleric would net you some Domain benefits and skill points.

The NarDemonbinder PRC could give you some limited spontaneous arcane spellcasting (If not going the good route).

bugsysservant
2008-01-02, 07:59 PM
As for Planar Shepherd... I'm not that desperate. But I was considering Factotum. With Able Learner the vast number of available skills would make up for the +2 Con of a dwarf, though I have wanted to play a Dream Dwarf for a while. Any maneuver suggestions?

CASTLEMIKE
2008-01-02, 08:04 PM
What alignment will the PC probably have?

What weapon do you want the PC to favor?

bugsysservant
2008-01-02, 08:21 PM
Well, being a druid with Exalted feats, he's pretty much stuck with neutral good. Also any weapon would probably stem from his wildshaped form.

goken04
2008-01-02, 08:55 PM
For the last five levels on the monk/MoMF side, I'd strongly suggest Warshaper (Complete Warrior), if not earlier. Great PrC, esp. for Druidzilla.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-01-03, 12:34 AM
Well, being a druid with Exalted feats, he's pretty much stuck with neutral good. Also any weapon would probably stem from his wildshaped form.

NG seemed like a strong probability but I try not to make assumptions regarding the game. Basically unarmed combat so I'd consider going in with one or two single level dips in martial adept classes probably Swordsage and Warblade and focusing on Setting Sun, Shadow Hand, Stone Dragon or Tiger Claw maneuvers depending on what you favor.

Wordmiser
2008-01-03, 02:25 AM
Perhaps you should replace your Monk levels with Swordsage or Ninja levels, if only to legally advance as a Druid, Monk and Exalted character simultaneously at low levels.

If you start at level 20 (I'm not certain whether or not that is being implied), Druid 20//Swordsage 5/[MoMF 2/SS 1] 5 or Druid 20//Ninja 5/MoMF 10/Warshaper 5 would probably be your best bets.

Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple are all appealing options for a melee Druid.

Natural Spell/Quicken Spell are the casting feats that should catch your eye.

If you have feats to spare, Summon Elemental is a handy utility ability and Combat Focus/Stability/Vigor are all-around useful.

Exalted Feats: The good ones are pretty obvious, just be sure to avoid Exalted Companion (bolded for maximum emphatical effect).