PDA

View Full Version : Randall Flagg vs. Darth Vader

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-01-03, 01:08 AM
Who would win!? This can be pure popularity, evilness, or power. Just say who you think would win. I'm gonna go with Randall Flagg.:smallamused:

By the way, for those who don't know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Flagg

Hawriel
2008-01-03, 01:35 AM
Who is Randall Flagg? Admeral Flagg from GI Joe?

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-01-03, 01:47 AM
Randall Flagg from Stephen King's The Stand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Flagg

Semidi
2008-01-03, 01:50 AM
He's also

(Dark Tower Spoiler)
the same guy as Walter/The Man in Black from The Dark Tower series. He comes under all different kinds of names on all different kinds of worlds

SurlySeraph
2008-01-03, 02:33 AM
Flagg. Definitely Flagg.

Choking someone with your mind is impressive. Killing birds by smiling is more so.

Shooting lightning from your fingers with a massive effort is impressive. Calling down lightning from a lightbulb socket by making a simple hand sign is more so.

Shoving someone with the Force is impressive. Shoving someone into a ravine from hundreds of miles away is more so.

Surviving lightsaber wounds and near-immersion in lava, with no long-term effects except needing to wear an environment suit, is impressive. Surviving a nuclear explosion with no long-term effects but taking on a new body and temporary amnesia is more so.

Not to mention the real kicker: can Vader stop someone's heart by making an unholy symbol with his hands? Can Vader give someone cancer with his touch? Did having sex with Vader disturb Amidala to the point that she went catatonic? Hell, can Vader even shapeshift? Didn't think so.

Mikeavelli
2008-01-03, 03:24 AM
Randall Flagg is indeed more powerful, but suffers from a fatal flaw.

God hates Randall Flagg, and has been known to come down and personally bitch-slap him.

Darth Vader suffers no such weakness.

Porthos
2008-01-03, 03:27 AM
Randall Flagg is indeed more powerful, but suffers from a fatal flaw.

God hates Randall Flagg, and has been known to come down and personally bitch-slap him.
Darth Vader suffers no such weakness.

But Darth crumples like a 5 year old when his son looks at him with puppy dog eyes.

So I think that balances it out a tad.:smalltongue:

FoE
2008-01-03, 03:31 AM
Did having sex with Vader disturb Amidala to the point that she went catatonic?

Well, in fairness, the prequels didn't really delve into what happened after they had sex for the first time. Conceivably, some form of mental trauma might have occured. I know I'm vaguely disturbed by the thought of it. :smalltongue:

factotum
2008-01-03, 03:58 AM
Well, Flagg is essentially the Devil, isn't he? As such, it's a no contest, Flagg will win any time...although, of course, he's probably more likely to recruit Vader as a minion. :smallbiggrin:

Porthos
2008-01-03, 04:26 AM
Flagg. Definitely Flagg.

Choking someone with your mind is impressive. Killing birds by smiling is more so.

Don't forget that RF can kill Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with just a thought, from the other side of the continent.

That's pretty darn impressive if you ask me. :smalltongue:

Also, Darth Vader had a bunch of imperial weenies who couldn't shoot straight as his followers.

Randal Flagg had Trashcan Man.

RF wins that battle as well. :smallbiggrin:

Well, Flagg is essentially the Devil, isn't he? As such, it's a no contest, Flagg will win any time...although, of course, he's probably more likely to recruit Vader as a minion. :smallbiggrin:

Well, in The Stand it sure looks like he is either The Devil, or very high up the food chain, as it were. However, as I understand it, Randal Flagg is established as being "just" a Very Very Very Powerful person in Steven Kings other novels. But I am not that familiar with King's work (having only really read The Stand, The Shining and The Eyes of the Dragon), so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Atheist_Cleric
2008-01-03, 04:30 AM
Vader cant use force lightning, so he's basically got the force choke, the force push and the lightsaber. Whereas Flagg has a freaking heap of abilities. Plus Vader isnt really EVIL, he had enough good to repent at the end. Flagg is evil to the core, he'd kill Vader while the dark lord of the sith was still monologuing. Finally, while after death Vader gets to be a ghost, after death Flagg gets a whole new body and comes back again and again to ruin you.

Darkfalle
2008-01-03, 05:10 AM
Randall Flagg, hands down.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-01-03, 10:03 PM

Flagg wasn't the Devil, he was only second. The Crimson King takes that title.

Rare Pink Leech
2008-01-03, 10:49 PM
From the sounds of it, Flagg is going to kick Vader's ass, hands down.

Until it comes to the popularity contest. In which case it's clearly a one-man race for Vader.

Premsyl
2008-01-04, 03:32 PM
Randall Flag any day. About time I saw him in one of these threads.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-01-07, 12:09 PM
That's half the reason I made this thread. I was hoping to get another undefeatable on this board so that Sauron could fight someone. I got another thread up... R.F. vs. Sauron