PDA

View Full Version : D&D tounament

weenie
2008-01-03, 07:19 AM
I've got nothing to do today, so I came up wit this idea:

Would anybody be interested in a d&d tournament? The rules are that in order to participate you must submit a party of X lvl Y characters to the DM. Each of the characters has a set number of starting wealth, that they can't share. Only the DM gets to see the character sheets, until the tournament is over, so there'd be no exploiting of weak points through metagaming. There can be only X mambers in the party at the beggining of combat, so cohorts are out. Any attempt at diplomacy will be treated as surrender. The teams will compete in an elimination system, so there'll be one winner and less matches(else things might get a bit lenghty with a high number of players).

That's what I've got so far, I haven't decided on which books to allow, but I don't see any problem to let all WoTC material to be legal. Oh, and I have no idea at wich X and Y(members in party and party level) this might be the most fun either.

Bryn
2008-01-03, 08:04 AM
Once you've finished developing the concept, it would probably be best to post this in the Finding Players (Out of Character) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51) forum as a recruiting thread. Unfortunately, I lack the time it would take to join in, but good luck!

By the way, I'd suggest a fairly low level for this, below level 10 at least. This is due to the fact that it takes a long time to create even a single character at high levels, so to make it possible for people to create several characters to join in I'd reccomend playing at a lower level. Even then, it's a lot of work.

Gardakan
2008-01-03, 08:49 AM
Me i would like to participate. Contact my by private message when the time is it...