PDA

View Full Version : Help with this Character

ealan
2008-01-03, 05:51 PM
Well he isn't much of a character, he will be a Cohort for the time being. But non-the-less I need to get him ready.

Here is the deal:
1) how to give a Kobold a claw attack and a bite if possible

for now that will do, considering that is what I am pressed for...
be back with more soon.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-01-03, 10:15 PM
Psionics.

You might consider treating them as having the Draconic Template regarding claws without LA as per Races of the Dragon template page 74 which would give them Two 1D2 Claw damage attacks as small sized since they are humanoid (dragonblood reptilian subtype) and for all effects related to race a kobold is treated as being a dragon page 39 Races of the Dragon..

Sonofaspectre
2008-01-03, 10:22 PM
Feral template will get you some nice power on there, just no bite attack. It will get you two claw attacks with improved grab, pounce, rake, all sorts of other stuff added on as he levels. Mix with whatever melee class you like to make him a nasty little bugger.

MeklorIlavator
2008-01-03, 10:26 PM
Well he isn't much of a character, he will be a Cohort for the time being. But non-the-less I need to get him ready.

Here is the deal:
1) how to give a Kobold a claw attack and a bite if possible

for now that will do, considering that is what I am pressed for...
be back with more soon.

I bellive that there is an enhancement on the wizard website that makes Kobolds better in many ways, including giving them natural attacks.

AKA_Bait
2008-01-03, 10:27 PM
I would just give it the half-dragon template and ignore the fluff. Be sure to ask the DM if you can drop the breathweapon for it being a +2 LA.

Swiftblu
2008-01-03, 10:51 PM
There was a web supplement which gave variant kobolds who had natural attacks, natural armor, and slight build. Let me see if I can find it.

Right Here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a

ealan
2008-01-03, 10:53 PM
Everything is fixed.

Savage Kobold
No Craft or profession bonuses
No weapon proficiencies
Gain 2 1d3 claw attacks and a 1d3 bite

Other then that, 20 minutes later the DM banned me from having the Kobold as a cohort, which defeats the purpose because of the original party having a Kobold PC... hypocrite

Now I am just going to go get a Halfling with Improved Unarmed strike and Versatile Unarmed strike. DM likes unarming the party and throwing things with DR/blud or DR/pierce or DR/slash... preparing a poor little halfling to fight his own way out...

RTGoodman
2008-01-04, 12:17 AM
Now I am just going to go get a Halfling with Improved Unarmed strike and Versatile Unarmed strike. DM likes unarming the party and throwing things with DR/blud or DR/pierce or DR/slash... preparing a poor little halfling to fight his own way out...

If that's the new plan, you might want to check out the Halfling Monk Racial Substitution Levels from Races of the Wild (if you have it). I don't have it on hand, but I seem to remember it gets some pretty decent abilities (skirmish damage rather than the nigh-useless flurry of blows, for instance).

ealan
2008-01-04, 01:23 AM
I looked. No appeal when he is a cohort to a chaotic neutral PC...

Here is the end result of the Halfling Cohort:
Base Race Halfling
Template: Draconic +1 LA
Rogue 4 levels
Swashbuckler 3 levels

with stats the Cohort has:
Str 14
Dex 19
Con 16
Int 18
Wis 14
Cha 14

Feats:
1 Combat Expertise
3 Improved Feint
6 Daring Outlaw

for a Cohort that was initially being built to Search and Disable and open locks he is looking like a survivable character even... And DM accepted I believe. Any suggestions?

marjan
2008-01-04, 01:29 AM
Switch the Improved Feint for TWF. It's not worth it. TWF will net him more dmg. Depending on what class you are you two can easily set up flanks for those sneak attacks. Just have him max the tumble. By now he should be passing DC 15 tumble check automatically.

Are those stats from rolling or from point-buy?

ealan
2008-01-04, 08:42 AM
TWF on a natural weapon fighting halfling?
Those are Rolled. Dm witnessed stats