PDA

View Full Version : Playgrounders in other forums.

KerfuffleMach2
2008-01-03, 09:55 PM
Well, I have been wondering recently, what other forums get used by us? I mean, most people here probably use other forums beside this one.

After I get a few responses, I'll put together a list of the different forums we use, and who goes where. Then we can talk in other forums too.

With me, the only other forum I use is Newgrounds.

Okay, here is the beginning of the list of other forums used by playgrounders. I'll try to update it at least once a week.

Airsoft Forum
Tarnag40k

Adult Gaming Enthusiasts
Rapida

Adventure Quest

Lurk
Lord Fullbladder
The_Chilli_God

Anarchotic Warlords
Exachix

Anarchy Online
Exachix

Armored Core Online
thubby

SpiderKoopa
2008-01-03, 10:25 PM
I frequent the rvb forums often, if only the d&d thread. :smallsmile:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-01-03, 11:11 PM
I used to obsessively prowl the AdventureQuest forums. For some reason it's only there now as a decoy when I'm playing some less than appropriate. Or checking the numerous questionable webcomics on The List. As well as some of the innocent ones.

There's also the Radio Game forums, which have not moved beyond the Chatterbox function at it's bottom since the damn thing went and died on us. Again. Oh well. To quote Jack Sparrow, things have a way of coming back.

Warshrike
2008-01-03, 11:20 PM
I use the Questionable Content forums on occasion, I used to use the Zenhex forums before the Merger with Myyearbook, and visit it rarely.

Only one I use often is the one in my sig, but it only has about 10 regular posters, and I'm the only one tht posts here as far as I know.

Jack Squat
2008-01-03, 11:29 PM
I used to be on the Mythbusters forums. Still have an account there, but I haven't posted in about a year.

SomethingElse
2008-01-03, 11:31 PM
RPGnet is my main gaming forum, although I'm quickly finding I like this forum better for actual gaming discussion...

13_CBS
2008-01-04, 12:34 AM
I frequent a forum for a game called Mount & Blade. The regulars there despise us, while many of us are horrified of them.

Gaelbert
2008-01-04, 01:44 AM
I'm at Brainstock and the PKer Hub, both of those are Urban Dead related forums.
And I also recently found Zelda Fan Gaming Central, not only do they have lots of fan games, but they have an area for real world debates and smart talk. Good stuff. Linky (www.zfgc.com)

PaladinFreak
2008-01-04, 01:50 AM
/lurk.

That includes the WotC forums, the WoW forums, and various other odds and ends.

reorith
2008-01-04, 01:56 AM
this is pretty much my primary forum
unlessyoucounttheoneican'ttalkabout...

RTGoodman
2008-01-04, 02:02 AM
This is my main forum, since the community is so much better than most of the others I've been around.

I used to be on Gaia for a while (if that counts), but haven't been on in a couple of years. I was also quite active on the FireFlyFans.net forums (especially after I got back from Dragon*Con 2006), but I've not been on there in a while either.

I lurk over on the WotC forums (I've posted about 12 times total), and mostly just hang around to read Caligula's "Red Hand of Doom - TOTAL RECAP" thread (since I've been reading it for like a year).

The Orange Zergling
2008-01-04, 02:47 AM
I frequent Hiveworkshop, a Warcraft III modding site, and I lurk on it's sister site, Wc3campaigns. I also post on Enupnion, but I don't RP that much any more.

Lord Herman
2008-01-04, 03:06 AM
I lurk on the WotC forums, the Iron League forums, and the RelicNews forums, but this is the only forum I post in.

The Extinguisher
2008-01-04, 03:10 AM
There's also the Radio Game forums, which have not moved beyond the Chatterbox function at it's bottom since the damn thing went and died on us. Again. Oh well. To quote Jack Sparrow, things have a way of coming back.

You know who I blame!
Myself, because I didn't update the damn thing enough ;_;
Oh well, at least we got some nice rules and Temy free chat.

Anyway, besides the Radio Game fourms, I'm a major face on the Adventure Quest forums, and I'm enjoying the Koala Wallop boards.

I've registered for a lot of forums, but I can't seem to keep any. I suck at lurking. :smallannoyed:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-04, 03:16 AM
I used to spend a fair deal of time on RPGChat, but thats since tapered off. I also used to frequent an invisionplus forum that supported one of my groups in UrbanDead, and I hang around on one ComicGenesis subforums in particular.

I frequent a forum for a game called Mount & Blade. The regulars there despise us, while many of us are horrified of them.

I've only ever lurked there - is there a new version out, yet? (My most recent is 0.892)

The_Chilli_God
2008-01-04, 03:18 AM
BZPower. It's Bionicle-related. It's the first forum I joined, and is also where my webcomic series (The Rise and Fall of the Toa) is held hostage -- I mean, stored.
WotC Forums. I was rather active on that place (Especially participating in the Hero Craftsman competition on What's a Player To Do), but have left because of lack of interest. Zherog's probably found me out by now!
AdventureQuest forums. I tried frequenting the place after I bought guardianship, but interest died eventually.
Enupnion.
Another forum that I'd prefer to keep secret.

Castaras
2008-01-04, 03:33 AM
Giantitp
Enupnion
Lurk on the Keeper Klan forums (Dungeon Keeper forums)
Recently, occasionally posting on the TT-forums, but mostly lurking (Transport Tycoon place)

Reinboom
2008-01-04, 03:36 AM
EmuXHaven
Victorious Press Forum
Wizards
A few random ragnarok online server forums
Magic Set Editor forums
mtgsalvation
MSE Custom Script

and a couple other forums, a few I own
uh..
some random ones too

Simius
2008-01-04, 04:55 AM
I read the XKCD forums and the forum of an NWN2 Persistant World. Can't affort much more forum-time.

Yawielas
2008-01-04, 05:03 AM
Dark and Moody Forums :) It's an rpg site.

Exachix
2008-01-04, 05:24 AM
This one.
Enupnion.
The Anarchotic Warlords (Clan forum)

I lurk in:
Anarchy Online Forums.

I help administrate:
Phoenix RPG server forums (Dying....)

Narmoth
2008-01-04, 05:52 AM
Forums I frequent in (under the nick Narmoth by the way) in order of frequency of visits:

Giant in the Playground
Heavymetal.no (norwegian metal forum in noirwegian)
Nevermore
Iron Maiden
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth

ForzaFiori
2008-01-04, 05:57 AM
i occasionally go to the Forums for XKCD, Sorcery 101, and Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

also, i'm known to browse myspaces forums occasionally.

and then there are a couple more.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-04, 06:32 AM
The only other one that I post in at all is the WotC forums, but still not nearly as often as I do here.

Kaelaroth
2008-01-04, 12:32 PM
I occasinally go into WotC, but I got rid of my account on that (I hope!), and now I remain utterly faithful to the Playground. :smallsmile:

*hurriedly steals a wedding ring*

captain_decadence
2008-01-04, 12:52 PM
I'm a regular (I guess) on the White Wolf forum. Mostly the Old World of Darkness sub-forum but a little in some of the newer ones.

Rapida
2008-01-04, 12:53 PM
I post a lot on the Adult Gaming Enthusiasts Forums (http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/forums/)

Amotis
2008-01-04, 06:39 PM
- Gitp
- Truth and Beauty Bombs
- XKCD
- Guitar Gear/Theory/Recording Forum
- The Silent Ballet
- Secret Ones

lawful_evil
2008-01-04, 06:53 PM
We do GITP in addition to Mythweavers and Coyotecode.net

Rare Pink Leech
2008-01-04, 11:07 PM
This is my only active forum - I don't have the time to use multiple forums, and this is by far the best community anyway.

I used to post frequently on the Wizards forums, almost exclusively in the Equipment and Combat section. I stopped after I realized that it was always the same 10 or so questions being asked, with the same arguments between the same people for the controversial questions. It had lost the fun - it was repetitive.

To other people who posted on the Wizards forums, what was your username? It'll be neat to see if we recognize each other. I was draconic_swine.

thubby
2008-01-04, 11:27 PM
wotc, ACO (armoredcore online), CAD, and lurk the wow forums.
(i only use thubby here and wotc)

The_Chilli_God
2008-01-05, 12:05 AM
To other people who posted on the Wizards forums, what was your username? It'll be neat to see if we recognize each other. I was draconic_swine. TheChilliGod. Admittedly, I never set foot in the equipment/combat section - General, DM and Player boards were my lair (as well as a bit of the monsters section back when Krede's Café and Gareth's Arena were still there) - so your name isn't familiar.
I definitely recognize thubby, though. You were awesome.

The Chilli God is my universal internet alias. So there.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-05, 12:14 AM
My main forum is the Spacebattles.com forum, and I go to the Pollama forum alot, its a forum for WC3 games and clans, and my WC3 clan has a spot there (Clan KLA), but i havent been going there as much recently, I should probably start frequenting it more :smallannoyed:

Dispozition
2008-01-05, 12:16 AM
I am a loyal member of the following forums;

2chan, 3chan, 4chan, 5chan, 6chan, 7chan, 8chan, 9chan, 10chan, 11chan, 12chan, Megatokyo, Facepunch Studios and GitP.

EDIT: I am, of course, joking...I sometimes browse 2chan, but I only post on the MT, FP and GitP forums :P

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-05, 12:19 AM
4chan? 4CHAN? RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIVEZ!! :smalleek: :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Shraik
2008-01-05, 12:22 AM
For any Star Wars fans, ever been to the RancorPit?

Catch
2008-01-05, 12:23 AM
/b/tards? In my Playground? It's more likely than you think.

Other than my alma mater, 4chan, I'm part of a small free form RP forum called Ninja Soup with a handful of friends.

reorith
2008-01-05, 01:59 AM
/b/tards? In my Playground? It's more likely than you think.

there are at least 12 that i know of
althoughthatnumbermaybeclosertooverninethousand!

Renegade Paladin
2008-01-05, 02:13 AM
Monte Cook's message board, where I got my start as a forumite.

The stardestroyer.net BBS, my primary board these days.

Librium Arcana, a smaller forum run by friends of mine

And the 3e Upgrade Project, my own board.

There are many, many others, but those are the only ones I post on frequently.

Haruki-kun
2008-01-05, 02:16 AM
I just frequent this one, and sometimes Enupnion. But honestly, mostly this one.

I can't even remember how many other forums I've signed up for.......

Fanboys Online webcomic, Megatokyo, AMV Hell, gamefaqs...... a lot of them.

DarkLightDragon
2008-01-05, 11:26 AM
The other forums I frequent are:

Yugiohfans (http://z13.invisionfree.com/YGOfans/index.php?act=idx) (Yes, I like yugioh)

Tobari Region (http://z7.invisionfree.com/Tobari_Region/index.php?act=idx) (It's a Pokemon RPG. Yes, I like Pokemon, too. It's a small site at the moment, but we're slowly growing. I'm also an admin on there)

I don't really have a favourite out of these three forums.

wxdruid
2008-01-05, 11:52 AM
Only here and Enupnion

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-05, 11:58 AM
-Were I used to post
-koc forums
- TKOH forums(an old legend around now)
- TC forums (forgotten&abandoned)
- TCBH forums ( to many users so I left, I couldnt keep up, though apparently it has shrank down ALLOT these days)

- forums were I lurk(ed)
-WoW forums
- Ardalambion forums
-COE forums(Council of Elrond)

- Forums were I actually post.
- Arwen Undomiel forums(great great site, just as great community as GitP, only bad ..side is they just do media discussions and all things about LotR)
-Sometimes post on Enupnion... dont lurk there though...
- GitP(what can I say, I love this place...)

greecetrap
2008-01-05, 12:09 PM
Project Legilimensia. (http://lumos.mugglenet.com)

Harry Potter MUD/chatting.

:D Any questions?

Pink
2008-01-05, 12:14 PM
I visit here, Lurk in the RPGClassics forum, and visit (and actually have somehow been promoted to admin of) A small forum called The Hideout That was more or less started by a group of free-rping enthusiasts, though now it's mostly a online hang-out and we dabble in IRC DnD and other roleplaying systems.

I also tend to read some of the threads in the Fear the Boot's Chainmail bikini section, though I lack an account.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-01-05, 01:28 PM
I go to the "Steam Users Forums" as often as I do GitP

Tarnag40k
2008-01-05, 02:15 PM
NICOCLUB.COM (nissan related)
AIRSOFTFORUM.COM (selfexplanitory)
TSOALR.COM(lurker)
and if you search good aldermans tavern on google you'll find the Orphens of kukai forums, the guildwars guild I'm in.(mostly lurker unless my characters are involved RP wise.)

actually I'm a lurker on all forums....yes you all have a stalker on the interwebs, I know what websites you visit....:smallbiggrin:

Am i the only one who finds this smiley's :smallbiggrin: name an oxymoron? small big grin?

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-05, 02:27 PM
Fanboys Online webcomic, Megatokyo, AMV Hell, gamefaqs...... a lot of them.

Creepy, same here. :smalleek:

Lolzords
2008-01-05, 03:42 PM
Aside from Newgrounds forums, none.:smallsmile:

Lorn
2008-01-05, 03:48 PM
I lurk on a fair few, including but not limited to the TSOALR forum (though I also post occasionally) and the CAD forum which for some reason won't let me register.

Also a very long standing member of Rouseindahouse (www.rouseindahouse.com) to the point that I'm modding on it.

North
2008-01-05, 03:57 PM
Used to post a lot on the Comicbookresource forums some years back.

Now just this one with occasional lurking on Gleemax dnds forums.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-05, 04:13 PM
::Quiet nod to Reorith, Dispoz., Snatch and the rest of the great legion.::

Ser/i/ously, you guys, it's Ebaum's, remember? :smallwink:

Anyway -

-The Conclave - Inquisitor Forum. Formerly deserted, but I checked back in a week or so again, and it has received the breath of life.

-One that I've alluded to above - and the various things that it entails.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-01-05, 04:21 PM
This is the only forum I actually post on, but I have accounts on and occasionally post on:

*The 2K Games Forum (Bioshock)
*Enupinion
*The Relic Forum (Dawn of War)
*And probably a bunch more I forgot

99% of the time, I sign up as Shrapnelwolf. This forum is perhaps the one exception (I decided to go with something more fantasy-ish).

KerfuffleMach2
2008-01-06, 01:05 AM
Aside from Newgrounds forums, none.:smallsmile:

What's your name on Newgrounds?

SDF
2008-01-06, 01:18 AM
Raven Heaven

GameFAQs
-Specifically LUE

Axl_Rose
2008-01-16, 11:39 PM
If anyone plays Dota Allstars I used to moderate in Random Chat of the official forum (+ 1 million users I think).

I retired this summer to focus on university.

I was / am velocity.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2008-01-16, 11:51 PM
I post a great deal on Gaia, under my spooky alternate identity; I also lurk The Forge forums, RPGnet, and Wizards forums.

And lately people beat me into joining Enupnion.

Venox
2008-01-17, 12:05 AM
I'm a lurker over at the Relic community forums (Dawn of War and Homeworld 2), and I post quite frequently at Xenolegacy.net (Xenosaga related).

HealytheHealslime
2008-01-18, 12:38 AM
-The Return of Talking Time: In association with Gamespite and Sir Toasted Frog, these are pretty much my main forums nowadays. Although recently it's in serious competition with...
-Truth and Beauty Bombs: The forums for Dinosaur Comics, A Softer World, and other associated webcomics, I joined up because I was interested in some of the artsy-fartsy stuff being done there by the community.

Edit: Aaand I just realized, if nobody else is linking to these places, then I don't have to link to them either! Blaarg.

SpiderMew
2008-01-18, 01:20 AM
I tend to hang out at
The Sonic X mugen fourms (http://mugenjf.myfastforum.org/)
I also hang out at
Infinity Mugen Team Fourms (http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345)
And i spend some time at
pbc productions (http://www.pbc-productions.com/messageboard/index.php)
Now ive been to allot of forums over the years, and if youve seen spidermew there its most likely me, unless its that bastard from finland who stole spidermew on youtube, forceing me to have to add TheReal to my name on there... (grumble rant rant grumble)

T'ze'hai
2008-01-19, 03:15 PM
I post here, and the forum I visit the most (and post the most) is http://www.phorum.surrealm.net/.
This was a The Gathering, Trail of Tears and Pale Forest forum, with other threads for other music, photos, movies and just random banter, but as The Gathering now has its own forum elsewere and the other band sections are likewise not frequently visited, we now stick to writing, writers, movies, music, fun stuff and banter.