PDA

View Full Version : Belkar and the Oracle

Theler
2008-01-03, 10:44 PM
I am unsure if this has been mentioned but...
The oracle predicted Belkar killing Miko, her horse, V, or the oracle in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html . Since Roy, Miko and her horse are dead, this can cause a strong implication that Belkar will cause the death of V. Although correct me if I missed Belkar killing Windstriker. Roy is also currently dead.

monty
2008-01-03, 10:54 PM
Oh Gods, not this again.

This has been discussed many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many (Did I say many? Also, isn't it funny that "many" doesn't look like a word anymore?) times before, although it usually started as "Did Belkar kill Roy?"

Theler
2008-01-03, 10:59 PM
Personally I havent seen this discussed hence why I brought it up. I guess I forgot to include Roy. It just seems that there are only two possibilities out of the five originally presented.

monty
2008-01-03, 11:04 PM
I don't remember the exact order, and don't feel like looking for the comic, but it was Roy, V, Miko, Miko's stupid horse, and you (the oracle). People have been speculating that Belkar caused Roy's death by giving him the ring, but it's still undecided.

SomethingElse
2008-01-03, 11:05 PM
Just as a note about the Roy thing, I think if Belkar ever fulfills this prophecy (which I'm sure he will), it will be brought up by someone right away in the comic. It wouldn't be something subtle like Roy's death, because that would miss opportunities for humor.

My guess is he'll kill the oracle, or V in such a way that it gets reversed right away. In fact, I'm guessing Belkar's "triumph" in this case will be anticlimactic in a funny way, and he'll really get screwed.

Schulzy
2008-01-03, 11:15 PM
My money is on him killing the Oracle. Problem is, once he leaves the valley, he'll forget.

Mando Knight
2008-01-03, 11:41 PM
The horse isn't dead... unless it's stated somewhere that a Fallen Paladin's holy mount dies...

Maybe V and Belkar will fulfill their prophecies on each other... you know, an "if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" type of thing?

SomethingElse
2008-01-03, 11:45 PM
The horse isn't dead... unless it's stated somewhere that a Fallen Paladin's holy mount dies...

Maybe V and Belkar will fulfill their prophecies on each other... you know, an "if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" type of thing?

Remind me what V's prophecy was?

David Argall
2008-01-03, 11:55 PM
I am unsure if this has been mentioned but...
The oracle predicted Belkar killing Miko, her horse, V, or the oracle in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html . Since Roy, Miko and her horse are dead, this can cause a strong implication that Belkar will cause the death of V. Although correct me if I missed Belkar killing Windstriker. Roy is also currently dead.

1-been mentioned loads of times.
2-The oracle said Belkar would "cause the death of", a wording that covers a lot more than just killing. Under some reasonable definitions it covers Belkar giving the ring of jumping to Roy and thus causing his death at the hands of Xykon. Even looser, it can be said his harassment of Miko was a cause of Miko's death, by giving her the idea the party was evil and thus natural allies of Xykon.
In any case, the oracle is in no danger of having to make a refund even if no further events happen.

monty
2008-01-04, 12:04 AM
1-been mentioned loads of times.
2-The oracle said Belkar would "cause the death of", a wording that covers a lot more than just killing. Under some reasonable definitions it covers Belkar giving the ring of jumping to Roy and thus causing his death at the hands of Xykon. Even looser, it can be said his harassment of Miko was a cause of Miko's death, by giving her the idea the party was evil and thus natural allies of Xykon.
In any case, the oracle is in no danger of having to make a refund even if no further events happen.

Now you've done it. I can almost hear the angry debaters running toward this thread. I tried my best to remain neutral.

A paladin who ceases to be lawful good, who willfully commits an evil act, or who grossly violates the code of conduct loses all paladin spells and abilities (including the service of the paladin’s mount, but not weapon, armor, and shield proficiencies).
Nothing about it dying, so I'd assume it doesn't.