PDA

View Full Version : Undead Dining

NobleSavage
2008-01-04, 12:33 AM
I'm looking for an Undead/Undead Template that has a relatively low LA and has a dietary dependency, preferably for flesh, but something like a vampire's need for blood would work, too. Looked over the Ghoul/Ghast and that is ok, but I'd rather something that looks a little less undead. Vampires are also out, but mostly for the coffin reason, makes adventuring difficult. Looking to play it as a sort of Hannibal, preparing its meals delicately, possibly inviting (live) human guests to dinner.

marjan
2008-01-04, 12:37 AM
Isn't there somewhere Half-Vampire (Libris Mortis?) that has fewer restrictions than real vampire and lower LA. Also might wanna check out Vampire Spawns. I'm not sure, but I think if the vampire that created them dies they are free to do whatever they want.

SomethingElse
2008-01-04, 12:46 AM
Isn't there somewhere Half-Vampire (Libris Mortis?) that has fewer restrictions than real vampire and lower LA. Also might wanna check out Vampire Spawns. I'm not sure, but I think if the vampire that created them dies they are free to do whatever they want.

I really want to see a "vampire" race... vampires should be playable, in my opinion, not just powerful antagonists.

[red][/red]
2008-01-04, 12:47 AM
Check out Frank Trollman's Tome of Necromancy.

Just do a google search.

marjan
2008-01-04, 12:54 AM
[/red];3744949']Check out Frank Trollman's Tome of Necromancy.

Just do a google search.

Also here (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=632562). And if I remember correctly this was supposed to parody on D&D necromancy.

[red][/red]
2008-01-04, 12:57 AM
Also here (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=632562). And if I remember correctly this was supposed to parody on D&D necromancy.

No, it wasn't. It was meant to be a fix for DnD necromancy.

And it has some +0 LA undead races.

marjan
2008-01-04, 01:00 AM
[/red];3744992']No, it wasn't. It was meant to be a fix for DnD necromancy.

And it has some +0 LA undead races.

Thanks for information. I read some of the similar stuff like Dungeonomicon (written by the same guy) which was parody of a sort and they mentioned Tome Of Necromancy in it so I assumed that it was pretty much the same.

[red][/red]
2008-01-04, 01:09 AM
Thanks for information. I read some of the similar stuff like Dungeonomicon (written by the same guy) which was parody of a sort and they mentioned Tome Of Necromancy in it so I assumed that it was pretty much the same.

OK. Frank and K wrote 4 (5?) free supplements that were intended to be part of a series that would "patch" some of the problems in 3.5 ed DnD.

These are:

Tome of Necromancy
Tome of Fiends
Dungeonomicon
Races of War

The first three are awesome, and Races of War is partially unusable.

I think that i saw the Book of Gears (the next one) somewhere once, but now I can't find it

SomethingElse
2008-01-04, 01:14 AM
[/red];3745019']The first three are awesome, and Races of War is partially unusable.
Out of curiosity, what's wrong with it?

[red][/red]
2008-01-04, 01:22 AM
Out of curiosity, what's wrong with it?

It introduces an entire new system of scaling feats, but only gives the combat ones since they wanted to have the others in later installments (I don't even know what you do about non-core stuff, or their earlier works). This is totally useless, because the effect of these scaling feats on the game as a whole doesn't work if only some of the feats actually exist.

They introduce a great new armor system that also scales, but it seems to have random holes in it. Like, sentences and stuff that are just cut off, and large sections that are empty. It would be totally awesome...if it was complete (this one isn't to bad, you can houserule some of the stuff in).

There are a few other things, but on the whole, the quality of the Tome of Necromancy makes it seem like Frank and K were drunk when they wrote RoW. It's kinda sad.

NobleSavage
2008-01-04, 01:35 AM
Who are Frank and K, anyway?

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-04, 02:04 AM
Isn't there somewhere Half-Vampire (Libris Mortis?) that has fewer restrictions than real vampire and lower LA.

Half-vampires are not undeads, that's the main problem. :smallfrown:

Cuddly
2008-01-04, 02:43 AM
Why not just take the necropolitan template (LA +0) and roleplay eating people?

Mewtarthio
2008-01-04, 02:50 AM
Or a Necropolitan Half-Vampire.

Jack Zander
2008-01-04, 03:07 AM
I would use the ghoul/ghast stats but reflavor them. Reflavoring solves about 80% of DM's problems.

Maerok
2008-01-04, 06:17 AM
Cerebral ghast, an undead creature which must maintain its sentience by consuming the brains of living creatures. By eating 'polite'/'refined' brains for long enough, it's developed similar mannerisms.

Ashes
2008-01-04, 06:38 AM
I really want to see a "vampire" race... vampires should be playable, in my opinion, not just powerful antagonists.

Why wouldn't you just play Dark Ages Vampire instead?