PDA

View Full Version : Twilight?

Cade
2008-01-04, 12:50 AM
I recently received the bestselling book Twilight and it's sequel as a gift. I haven't started to read it yet, but before I do... what, if anything should I expect, from anyone who has read it?

I usually read very different books and the marketing on this wouldn't be enough for me to have bought it independently in a store.

Regardless of reviews I'll be reading the book, but it would be cool to see if I'm going into something good or bad.

Thanks!

Kaelaroth
2008-01-04, 12:39 PM
Very laborious to read (tiring). Combines romance and horror. Quite a good novel actually, a little too long, a little too much padding, and a slightly below-average intelligence main character, but manages to keep itself going steady till the end.

What should you expect?

Goth girls, hot vamps, crazy vamps, tracker vamps, big houses, cars, the countryside, urban survival, crazy vamps? 'bout it. :smallcool:

Teal Kuinshi
2008-01-05, 09:45 PM
The main character is more than a bit dippy and her boyfriend seems controlling, but if you're into the supernatural (and romance, unfortunately) it does have an interesting plot.