PDA

View Full Version : Someone want to teach me to draw stick figures?

SomethingElse
2008-01-04, 01:13 AM
Obviously I'll never be as good as The Giant or anything, but I'd like to learn how to draw stick figures in the OotS style of being vaguely realistic to the point at which we can tell them apart, but they're not da Vinci. If anyone uses Inkscape I'd especially like advice for that platform, but I'll take advice for anything from MSPaint to The GIMP...

BRC
2008-01-04, 01:23 AM
Obviously I'll never be as good as The Giant or anything, but I'd like to learn how to draw stick figures in the OotS style of being vaguely realistic to the point at which we can tell them apart, but they're not da Vinci. If anyone uses Inkscape I'd especially like advice for that platform, but I'll take advice for anything from MSPaint to The GIMP...

There are many guides out there, but the best way is just to practice, Practice, Practice. The basics are easy, once you have those down its all about developing your own style. To practice the basics a good way is to download one of the pre-made avatars, then try to copy it as best as you can.

Yeril
2008-01-04, 10:01 AM
As Brc said, a great way to practice is drawing characters already been done, because it gives you a very firm definition between "yeah it looks right" and "yeah it IS right".

I for example, whenever I attempted to try somthing new, or change how I did things I always practiced by drawing good old Miko Miyazaki :smallsmile:

Bayar
2008-01-04, 10:50 AM
Trazoi's guide to Inkscape OOTS avatars (http://trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots/)...teaches you all the basics...and if you doodle in it, and use all the tools, you can make some cool effects...

Sneak
2008-01-04, 12:13 PM
I would definitely recommend checking out Trazoi's guide (Bayar linked to it), but if you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

I don't use Inkscape, but I figure Illustrator should be close enough to answer some general questions.