and coat in hand
she leapt into the brine!

Off she swam,
My fair maid no more.
I saw her dive
and not break the surf
She'll rest again
on Loreund's shore.

Loreund's Boat exists in myth and legend. It's location is unknown. Some say it has no fixed spot but that the island floats free of any point in the sea bed and sails wherever it's inhabitants, the Loreunds, take it. Loreunds themselves are equally enigmatic. What they are exactly varies from tale to tale but two things are constant: they are humanoids and they are beautiful.

The island itself is quite small, just a mile in diameter. A tall sea green and black tower sits in the center of the island, it's base surrounded by fruit trees which spill out in every direction until they reach the rocky shores where many seals lie sunning themselves. The scene is calming and lovley and sailors boast of having set foot upon it's shores, catching sight of a Loreund, or even bedding one. Although many who make their lives on the sea tell of mermaids, only the most traveled sailors tell of Loreunds.

AKA_Bait
2008-01-04, 02:13 PM
RESERVED

A description of some secret of the island (with stats, if appropriate).

AKA_Bait
2008-01-04, 02:15 PM
RESERVED

Inhabitants:

The inhabitats of Loreund's Boar are in fact not all they seem to be.

A description of some interesting inhabitant (or inhabitants) native to that island (with stats, if appropriate).

Selkie, 1st Level Warrior
Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Aquatic)
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), swim 50 ft. (when in seal form)
Armor Class: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 leather), touch 11, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
Attack: Longsword +2 melee (1d8+1) or heavy crossbow +2 ranged (1d10/19-20)
Full Attack: Longsword +2 melee (1d8+1) or heavy crossbow +2 ranged (1d10/19-20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Alternate Form, Captivating Gaze
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +1, Will -1
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 14
Skills: Listen +3, Spot +3, Swim +9
Feats: Alertness
Environment: Any shallow aquatic
Organization: Company (2-4), patrol (11-20 plus 2 3rd-level lieutenants and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level), or band (30-60 plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, 3 7th-level captains, and 10 porpoises)
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1

Alternate Form: All Selkie are born with a coat, which always fits and grows with them. When wearing this coat any Selkie may change their form into a Seal as a standard action. This ability functions like a Druid's wildshape ability except that there is no limitation on number of uses per day. A Selkie's coat functions only for the selkie who was born with it and no other creature may use the alternate form ability granted by it. If the coat is ever lost or stolen the Selkie cannot use this ability until it regains posession of the coat.

Captivating Gaze: Once per day, as a move action, a Selkie may attempt to captivate a nearby humaniod creature by meeting it's gaze. Any creature effected by it's gaze behaves toward the Selkie as if under the influence of a Charm Person spell for the next 24 hours. A sucessful will saving throw (DC 14) negates this effect.

Selkie as Characters

A Selkie's favored class is Beguiler.

AKA_Bait
2008-01-04, 02:21 PM
A description of some valuable treasure on the island (with stats, if appropriate).