PDA

View Full Version : Help building a Harbringer/Warchanter

Benejeseret
2008-01-04, 02:42 PM
I am posting this for my friend for our upcoming ECL20 game. My character is already posted here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68131)

He is thinking of going Harbringer/Warchanter.

So far he has:

Human:
Lvl1 Harbringer1 Inspire fear-1, lvl0spells (Feats: Extra Music, Undertone of Heresy)
Lvl2 H2 lvl1 spells
Lvl3 H3 Inspire Failure (Feat: Requiem)
Lvl4 H4 Lvl2 spells
Lvl5 H5
Lvl6 H6 Suggestion (Feat: Dragon Song)
Lvl7 Warchanter1 Inspire Toughness
Lvl8 W.c.2
Lvl9 W.c.3 Inspire Recklessness (Feat: Lingering Song)
Lvl10 W.c.4
Lvl11 W.c.5 Combine Songs
Lvl12 W.c.6 (Feat: Focused Performer)
Lvl13 W.c.7 Inspire Awe
Lvl14 W.c.8 Singing Shout
Lvl15 W.c.9 (Feat: Focused Performance)
Lvl16 W.c.10 Inspire Legion
Lvl17 H7 lvl3 spells
Lvl18 H8 Instill Fear-2 (Feat: Subsonics)
Lvl19 H9 Dishearten
Lvl20 H10 lvl4 spells

Using Undertone of Heresy with Dragon Song music has +4DC
With Harbringer, courage=fear and greatness=Dishearten for all effects

So with a Focused Performance, combine songs, individual performance, fear, and disheartened combined he can with DC=24+charisma, give one enemy -8 to saves fear/charm (-4 other saves), -4 attack/damage, -8 to AC for as long as he plays plus 1minute.

Next he can combine Failure/Awe to give a further -2 to all rolls and then cause up to 25HD to become frightened (-10 to save).

Since all these negatives should stack with my Hexblade/Spellthief's curses we will end up being able in one round to reduce a single opponent down to -17 on saves, -10 AC, or -9 to hit/damage for example for at least 1 minute. Then our party members (and us) can take it down.

However, he is currently unsure whether taking War Chanter past lvl7 (combine song) is worth it, or whether lvl5 bard spells plus Dirge of Binding (paralysis) is better going harbringer13.

Thought for him?

Chronicled
2008-01-04, 04:44 PM
Just thought I'd add that I've DMed for a party with a debuff bard and a Hexblade, and it worked exceedingly well. Combined with bard and cleric buffs, the level 7 group (Hexblade, Barbarian, Cleric, Spellthief, Bard) took out a level 15 Blackguard, his mount, and his cohort, without a single party death (admittedly, the Blackguard did NOT have WBL, but it was a module boss meant to be avoided). The Hexblade/bard/cleric combo turned the Blackguard first into a glass cannon, then into an ineffective cannon.

Nebo_
2008-01-04, 09:21 PM
Pointing out that it's harbinger not harb-R-inger. It annoys me to no end when people pronounce that one wrong.