PDA

View Full Version : Adventure idea

Zenos
2008-01-04, 04:34 PM
So, I have this concept idea about an adventure where essentialy one of the adventurers gets called home for important bussiness.
What is the important bussiness? Well, they've found someone they want you to marry, and if you resist you will lose your inheritance and not be able to inherit that infinity +1 sword from your retired epic level wizard uncle.

Now, I am not sure how to make such an event into a good D&D adventure, so I look to the Playground for help now.

Swiftblu
2008-01-04, 09:17 PM
Well, it needs specifics. Exactly who do they want the player to marry? Why?

If this is an Epic Wizard we're talking about here, he might just be old and eager for some decent family members to carry on his legacy. Or, this might be part of his political maneuvering to cause some campaign-world shattering event. As for who, it may be the child of a friend of his, some random aristocrat who's daddy owns an infinity +2 sword, or an aspiring Wizard who's connections could help the family out better than little ol' PC's adventuring ever could.

Actually, this seems like it might be an interesting way to introduce a new player. Wouldn't fly in some groups, but if you can get it past them the players would love it.