PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With An Elder Evil

Leliel
2008-01-04, 04:42 PM
Well, I just got the book "Elder Evils", and I must say, I like it! This is perfect for my creation of Abeos, who you can read about in this "new villain" thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66516) (Scroll to the "Goals" part of the aforementioned villain). The trouble is, I have not given shape to the creator of lycanthropes beyond the "Thematic Idea & Backstory" part. I still need an idea of him beyond that part, such as his specific version of the "Twisting Life" sign. So I need a little bit of help from other, better DMs. So my questions are...

1) Besides the Moonlords and Caelum, what forces should be attempting to revive Abeos? An idea of mine is that, like Pandroyrm, the inevitable believe that Abeos was betrayed unlawfully, and as such, have devoted a line of kolyaruts to reviving him. They know perfectly well that this is an ultimately unachievable task, given that he will return to his slumber after conquering each world to which he is summoned, but being robots, they don't really care.

2) What variety of the "Twisting Life" sign should this guy use? I don't want Ragnorra's "aberration" version of it, but one more corresponding to to the natural world rebelling. I also want people spontaneously mutating into lycanthropes. He is their creator after all.

3) What should his lair be like? Although I'm pretty sure that an extradimensional palace is the way to go, I'm not sure how to cast the theme of the palace of an extremely powerful being with lunar connentations.

Behold, the age of the Postings come! (Hopefully....)

Leliel
2008-01-05, 12:49 PM
Hey, humor me for a little bit.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-05, 12:56 PM
This is definitely better suited to the Homebrew forum

Ekeralos
2008-01-05, 04:24 PM
Well, for his lair you would probably want invisible floors, walls or cieling, portraying stars, the moon, or other astroligical events. His throne (if he has such an object) could be crafted to resemble a full moon (and possible cause lycasnthropes to turn into animal form in it's presence).

Leliel
2008-01-06, 04:11 PM
Yes...Good point.

Keep those ideas coming.