PDA

View Full Version : Armed and dangerous...

slexlollar89
2008-01-04, 07:17 PM
Hello. I have been tinkering with complete scoundrel lately, and saw the new spring loaded blades that are available for use, so I decided to create a thri-keen fighter 2/rogue x (or monk). I believe Multiweapon Fighting allows this guy to dish out about 13 attacks (including bite, but not using claws or weapons), but am not sure.

elbow, sleeve, knee and boot blades are all light so the penalty would be lessened to only -2 so:

8 arm attacks (4 arms, no handheld weapons)
4 leg attacks
1 bite (at -5)

The claws cannot be used as secondary attacks, and I think I will OTWF with longswords or maybe use two spiked chains for triping and disarming in the same round!

However, I must ask the gurus of GitP, am I right about this? Does anyone have any suggestions abou improving or changing the setup (however I ask for no monk-bashing ecause I have never played one with multiple weapons, and might want to try it)?

Kizara
2008-01-04, 07:32 PM
You made me think of this:

http://www.feartheboot.com/comic/default.aspx?c=23

RagnaroksChosen
2008-01-04, 07:34 PM
Hello. I have been tinkering with complete scoundrel lately, and saw the new spring loaded blades that are available for use, so I decided to create a thri-keen fighter 2/rogue x (or monk). I believe Multiweapon Fighting allows this guy to dish out about 13 attacks (including bite, but not using claws or weapons), but am not sure.

elbow, sleeve, knee and boot blades are all light so the penalty would be lessened to only -2 so:

8 arm attacks (4 arms, no handheld weapons)
4 leg attacks
1 bite (at -5)

The claws cannot be used as secondary attacks, and I think I will OTWF with longswords or maybe use two spiked chains for triping and disarming in the same round!

However, I must ask the gurus of GitP, am I right about this? Does anyone have any suggestions abou improving or changing the setup (however I ask for no monk-bashing ecause I have never played one with multiple weapons, and might want to try it)?

I belive thri-keen have 4 attacks. and mabye a bite. you don't count legs.
so it would have 5 attacks + any extra givin to it by its BAB. Multiweapon fighting/ multi attack bring down the penalties for using a secoundery attack from a -5 to a -2.

now i don't have the Complete scoundrel infront of me so im not shure about the boots. i don't belive they add extra attacks though just allow you to use a kick attack. with lethal/higher amounts of dmg then an un armed strike.

slexlollar89
2008-01-04, 07:37 PM
Yeah, but my Thri-Keen martial arts master aptly named "grasshopper" will be a peace loving, high jumping, mustacheiod nice guy that wears a robe to conceal his blades and extra arms :smallsmile:

The legs get two attacks each for knee and boot blades.

Worira
2008-01-04, 08:11 PM
It doesn't work like that. Multiweapon fighting reduces the penalties for weapons held in the hands. Spring-loaded blades don't grant extra attacks, and they aren't held in the hands. Bites don't benefit from Multiweapon fighting either. Also, all the hidden blade attacks are at -4, half from MWF and half from an innate property of hidden blades.

Chronicled
2008-01-04, 08:17 PM
If you find a way to make this work, try adding spiked armor for yet another attack.

Tengu
2008-01-04, 08:27 PM
You made me think of this:

http://www.feartheboot.com/comic/default.aspx?c=23

That guy not only sums up 75% what's bad with DND (only that little because there's no magic involved), but also reminds me of Solid Snake for some reason.

Swiftblu
2008-01-04, 09:05 PM
That guy not only sums up 75% what's bad with DND (only that little because there's no magic involved), but also reminds me of Solid Snake for some reason.

It's the pose, really. Snake does that little 'look down dramatically' thing every time he's on his wrist-radio.

slexlollar89
2008-01-04, 09:21 PM
the blades are counted as daggers for all purposes damage wise, and are onsidered light weapons. Handheld can mean literally held in the hand, or by another apendage; after all, a raptoran can fire a bow with it's feet, so my thri-keen shall attack with his elbows, wrists, boots, and kneecaps. I do see where this could be a problem though... after all I am only using this trick through a semantics trick, but I still would love to try this. Also thank for the -4 correction, I missd that in my excitement.

Worira
2008-01-04, 10:11 PM
No, handheld means held in the hand. A boot dagger is not in any way, literally or semantically, RAI or RAW, handheld. Also, this is irrelevant: the extra blades do not grant extra attacks, and neither does MWF.

Oddly enough, the thing that annoys me most about that comic is the two bucklers. Sure, you can wear two, but the shield bonuses don't stack, and you lose the bonus if you attack anyway. All they're really doing is giving him a -1 to all his attacks.

Wooter
2008-01-04, 10:31 PM
Shield bonuses stack in D&D&D.