PDA

View Full Version : Exemplars of Evil

Lord Iames Osari
2008-01-04, 10:28 PM
Just got the book today, but haven't really taken a good look at it yet.

Has anyone else bought this? What did you think?

EvilElitest
2008-01-04, 10:39 PM
Wait is this the one about the villians?
from
EE

Gralamin
2008-01-04, 10:40 PM
I like it because it does exactly what I thought it would, and that it details villain creation. It also works great with the Elder Evils book.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-01-04, 10:44 PM
I saw that one at the store, too, and I was very tempted. I would've gotten both, but, not enough cash.

EvilElitest
2008-01-04, 10:55 PM
If it is what i think it is, then it a very good book with well devolplted villians. However, i wish it was longer
from
EE

Lord Iames Osari
2008-01-04, 10:59 PM
Yes, EE, it is a book about villains. Sorry, missed your first post somehow.

EvilElitest
2008-01-04, 11:12 PM
Yes, EE, it is a book about villains. Sorry, missed your first post somehow.

Alright, in that case it is great, however most of the villians are better as lesser villians serving a greater power. The orc villian in the beggining is my favorite, while the pirates act as a great secondary villian (make sure you mention him to the PCs when they are still low level so when they fight them their are horrified) , the two evil siblings work well if the PCs can see the true depth of their insanity. I forget the rest
from
EE

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-04, 11:56 PM
I bought it and I really like it. I'm particularly enamored because several of the villains work perfectly for my setting. Likewise for Elder Evils, which I purchased last weekend.

EvilElitest
2008-01-05, 12:06 AM
How is Elder Evils by the way?
from
EE

Gralamin
2008-01-05, 12:16 AM
How is Elder Evils by the way?
from
EE

Its filled with well developed beings to destroy your campaign world with. I'm actually working on developing my own right now.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-05, 01:56 AM
Its filled with well developed beings to destroy your campaign world with. I'm actually working on developing my own right now.

Ditto.:smallamused:

Amphimir Míriel
2008-01-05, 12:23 PM
Exemplars of Evil was my first (and last) WotC supplement for 3.5 D&D

I don't really buy supplements, and with the exception of a few third party ones, I'd rather buy complete games and cannibalize what I can use from there. Exemplars of Evil was an exception since it was a christmas present.

I liked the Villians described there. A lot.

However, it really bugged me that, in order to use them (as written) I would have to buy about 10 other WotC supplements.

Really, I believe there is not a single core character inside.

Still, I am going to adapt the bugbear pirate with a monster living in its hold for my campaign.