PDA

View Full Version : Briney Buccaneers [Spell]

Ponce
2008-01-05, 03:49 AM
Hey everyone. This is a spell a wizard of mine is researching. I know there is a similar spell in SpellCompendium, but we decided it didn't quite fit the bill for what was needed. Let me know if you see anything wrong with it, or can think of a way it can be improved. :)

Emilio's Briney Buccaneers
Conjuration (Calling)
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
Components: V, S, M, XP
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: Touch
Target: One sea-faring vessel
Effect: Numerous invisible, mindless, shapeless servants
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell enchants the targeted ship, causing a mass of no more than 50 invisible shipmates to appear on the deck. The caster may select how many appear, but this choice is permanent. The crew mates are similar to Unseen Servants, except as noted. The crew mates are capable of succeeding on any Profession (Sailor) checks whose DC is no higher than 15. They cannot earn money through these checks as a normal sailor might, but they are fully capable of running a tight ship like a normal crew. They are capable of repairing, maintaining, and maneuvering the ship under the command of another being. The crew mates will follow the command of the caster and any other individual the caster designates. Should a crew mate be destroyed or leave the ship, they dissipate, reforming on the ship's deck 1 hour later. Should the ship be destroyed, the crew is likewise destroyed.

XP Cost: 50xp per crew mate summoned.
Material Component: A naval captain's hat (to be worn while casting).

Stycotl
2008-01-05, 02:33 PM
which spell in the s.c. is this patterned after?

Ponce
2008-01-06, 02:17 AM
which spell in the s.c. is this patterned after?

Servant Horde, p182.

brian c
2008-01-06, 02:24 AM
Seems fine. The word is "buccaneers" though, unless you have a reason to spell it otherwise.

Ponce
2008-01-06, 02:38 AM
Seems fine. The word is "buccaneers" though, unless you have a reason to spell it otherwise.

Would you believe... "drugs?"