PDA

View Full Version : Bard - with a martial twist!

Akennedy
2008-01-05, 10:10 AM
*Opens Complete Warrior to page 121*
Okay, I've recently wanted to play a bard because they look like a lot of fun to play (and I've heard a tonne of stories on these boards and elsewhere about how exciting they can be). But my question is, what if a Bard were allowed to use Perform (Weapon Drill) for their bardic abilities? Before we go any further, we are going to assume the last paragraph in "Perform (weapon drill)" doesn't exist. A few things would need to change in the bard for them to be more mechanically and more fluff-ally sound. For instance, as they are concentrating (when using PWD) they may also perform other offensive or defensive actions, to represent their ability to be flashy with a weapon, but also be effect while doing so. My whole reasoning behind this is to give "Blade Magic" a whole different meaning.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything? Any and all feedback welcomed! Thank you for your time for reading this!

Riffington
2008-01-05, 10:27 AM
Do you want to keep all those bonuses to the skill as listed? (Such as half your BAB, and some feats). If you can drop those, it'll make the class a lot easier to balance. You probably want the blademaster to be equally impressive as the harper in terms of "who would throw the better performance"...

Akennedy
2008-01-05, 11:43 AM
Well, yea, you're right, You wouldn't want the bard's perform skill to be through the roof. But yes, you are correct.