PDA

View Full Version : What should I do???

Gardakan
2008-01-05, 01:37 PM
So it's me again. I had think to do a druid but now i'm not sure. So i need your help.

The group that i want to join is composed of 5 members. A necromancer level 9 human, a monk human level 5, a samourai level 5 human, a elementalist umbragen level 5 and a rogue human level 5...

I have think about a cleric who shoot arrows... but you can give me a best choice... and wich feats do i need to take.. i want to do a human.

My stats going like that... 18,17,15,15,13,9...

UserClone
2008-01-05, 01:44 PM
An archery-cleric sounds pretty badass to me, and a group of that size could use his ability to spontaneously cast/use wands of healing spells.

Gardakan
2008-01-05, 01:46 PM
An archery-cleric sounds pretty badass to me, and a group of that size could use his ability to spontaneously cast/use wands of healing spells.

What's mean Badass(sorry i'm a french speaker of quebec... but i don't know what's that word mean...)

RandomFellow
2008-01-05, 01:50 PM
What's mean Badass(sorry i'm a french speaker of quebec... but i don't know what's that word mean...)

'Excellent' is a close enough approximation. =)

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-05, 01:51 PM
In short, it means "very very cool"

nerulean
2008-01-05, 01:57 PM
Cleric archer is very good.

Maybe Warlock 1 (Complete Adventurer)/Cleric4/Eldritch Disciple (Complete Mage) to get healing at range as well, if you're feeling adventurous.

For simple feat choices, pretend you are playing a ranger.

Gardakan
2008-01-05, 02:09 PM
May I have a link to the class of the eldritch Disciple... i don't have the complete mage... i also think to do a mystic theurge... is i going to be powerful and i can be a good archer...

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-01-05, 02:23 PM
Mystic Theurge is a bad idea. Classes that advance 2 casting styles are either under- or over- powered, and MT is under-powered.

Kizara
2008-01-05, 02:28 PM
Take a look at the Monster Manual 3. Look up "Fleshraker dinosaur"
This is also known as "cheese-in-a-can".

Take Companion Spell (PHB2), Skill Focus (handle animal), Power Attack, and Natural Spell (in that order).

Take 1 level of Beastmaster (complete adventurer) at level 6, otherwise just go straight Druid. Use this to get a second Fleshraker.

As for a cleric (which is also an amazing choice), take a look at Divine Metamagic (Complete Divine) and well good, its not as good as the fleshraker cheesasaur. Feats for the cleric: Quicken Spell, Divine Metamagic (Quicken Spell), Power Attack, Extra Turning.

You will find a great deal of fun in this character as you will be assloads better then the rest of the party. Heck, you already are better at manipulating, creating and hording the undead as the necro, in a few levels (2 to be precise) you will be kicking so much ass in melee you will seriously not care about much else.

Be sure to take note of the spells in the PHB2, specifically the Crowns and Blade of Blood.

Dragonmuncher
2008-01-05, 03:40 PM
If you go for an archer-cleric, be sure to pick up Zen Archery from Complete Warrior. It lets you use your wisdom bonus instead of dexterity when making ranged attack rolls.

Gardakan
2008-01-05, 03:52 PM
Sure that i will took Zen Archery. I have 20 in Wisdom so a i make my roll like +10 and with Rapid Shot it's +8/+8...

PlatinumJester
2008-01-05, 04:21 PM
The Silver Flame religion from Eberron focuses on archery alot.