PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With A Ranger Build

Samakar
2008-01-05, 02:30 PM
So there's this punk at my old high school, I'm graduated btw, who's been talkin' mad smack behind my back about my D&D skills. You see, he's a complete noob, my sister watches him work, he can't even make a character sheet correctly. So anyways, he wants to run a campaign, so I told him I'd play and decided that I would make a campaign killer build. So, I saw whip and longsword and just decided to go with a dual wielding Ranger build that's pretty illegal if you ask me, but legit.

So far, I've had some good ideas, but I want some help in making this character really, really cheesey. I mean so far, this character technically has 5 attacks per round if you include the trip attack, and his opponents will always be prone. Any suggestions on feats, items, placements of anything? I haven't even finished him yet, hoping to be finished by this Monday.

http://www.digitalelysium.com/profiler/view.php?id=845

Kizara
2008-01-05, 02:32 PM
So there's this punk at my old high school, I'm graduated btw, who's been talkin' mad smack behind my back about my D&D skills. You see, he's a complete noob, my sister watches him work, he can't even make a character sheet correctly. So anyways, he wants to run a campaign, so I told him I'd play and decided that I would make a campaign killer build. So, I saw whip and longsword and just decided to go with a dual wielding Ranger build that's pretty illegal if you ask me, but legit.

So far, I've had some good ideas, but I want some help in making this character really, really cheesey. I mean so far, this character technically has 5 attacks per round if you include the trip attack, and his opponents will always be prone. Any suggestions on feats, items, placements of anything? I haven't even finished him yet, hoping to be finished by this Monday.

http://www.digitalelysium.com/profiler/view.php?id=845

You sure it has to be a dual-wielding ranger? I can do so much more cheese for you.

What books you got available?

Samakar
2008-01-05, 02:35 PM
Well let's see, if I don't have it, I can torrent it, how does that sound? :)

Kizara
2008-01-05, 02:36 PM
Well let's see, if I don't have it, I can torrent it, how does that sound? :)

Sure, but you didn't answer my first question: Does it have to be ranger with that weapon style?

Samakar
2008-01-05, 02:38 PM
Well, yea it kinda does, it's the idea that I'm doing tons of fast damage that just freaks out my DM at the last moment that he doesn't realize what he just let me make.

Although, if you have a better idea for a different class combo, please do tell me. I'm up for new ideas at this point if you have them.

AlterForm
2008-01-05, 02:46 PM
Barbarian + Power Attack + Complete Champion sub level + Leap Attack + Shock Trooper

Any full caster

Especially a Cleric

Or a Druid

Or a Cleric + DMM + Nightsticks

Lolzords
2008-01-05, 02:52 PM
How bout Barbarian/Frenzied Berzerker who runs blindly into groups of enemies at a time and spins about with his great (insert weapon name).

Or, if you want to be a dual-weilder, a Fighter probably works better than a ranger.

Samakar
2008-01-05, 02:53 PM
Holy crap, I should have gone with Fighter, that's 11 feats, wow. I didn't even think about that, thanks!

Kizara
2008-01-05, 03:01 PM
Barbarian + Power Attack + Complete Champion sub level + Leap Attack + Shock Trooper

Any full caster

Especially a Cleric

Or a Druid

Or a Cleric + DMM + Nightsticks

To be more elaborate:

Bar 1/paladin of freedom 3/fighter 2/frenzied beserker 10

Feats (cheese): Power attack, intimidating rage, destructive rage, cleave, improved bull rush, shock trooper, leap attack.

Switch out improved bull rush and shock trooper for Extra Rage and Great Cleave if you are so inclined.

Good races for this are human or Goliath (races of stone)

Druid + Fleshraker cheesazaur (MM3) + companion spell, natural spell and w/e. Fleshraker is win-in-a-can.

Cleric + quicken spell + extra turning + DMM (quicken spell) + Power attack. Be a cleric of kord with War and Strength domains. :)

BATMAN!!!! See below.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18500&highlight=batman

EDIT: If you are dead-set on dual wielding, look at Dervish (CAdv) and get two scimitars. Be a drow for extra lameness.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-01-05, 03:15 PM
Isn't Dervish in CWar?

Worira
2008-01-05, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't really see the point in helping you. This guy wasn't talking smack about this board's mad DnD skills, was he?

Samakar
2008-01-05, 03:22 PM
I believe he said something about the people on GiTP being not as good as gleemax. Oh, wait, my sister just nodded at me.

Chronicled
2008-01-05, 03:29 PM
I believe he said something about the people on GiTP being not as good as gleemax. Oh, wait, my sister just nodded at me.

I believe I hear my BS detector going off. Oh, wait...

AlterForm
2008-01-05, 04:05 PM
Holy crap, I should have gone with Fighter, that's 11 feats, wow. I didn't even think about that, thanks!

Huh. Hang on.

*Sips some coffee*

**PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT**

WHAT? DON'T YOU DARE. DO NOT TAKE FIGHTER 20. Unless you decide to go for lockdown or Jack B Quick