PDA

View Full Version : d20 modern + World of Darkness..?

Altair_the_Vexed
2008-01-05, 02:52 PM
I just picked up the d20 WoD book. Skimming over it, I thought it might be cool to run a d20 modern game, adding the WoD features after the game has started, once the characters get to say 4th level or so. Sort of a Buffy-meets-X-Files campaign.

I've never run d20 modern, but I'm familiar with D&D and d20 Star Wars, and I've run plenty of Vampire: the Masquerade and Cyberpunk 2020 games in my time.

Has anyone tried this, or similar? What pitfalls will I find? How compatible are the two games?

Any help would be really great!

VerdugoExplode
2008-01-06, 01:49 AM
Well the obvious difference would be the general atmosphere which differs greatly between the two games. You're winning if you're having fun but fun in d20 usually involves killing gratuitous amounts of creatures using the biggest weapons available while fun in CoC tends to involve "The game is over and my character is not insane, blind, suicidal, an evil spawn etc."

Just do your best to keep them from believing that weapons will solve anything, because if I tossed an elder evil against my group I know the first thing they would say would be something along the lines of "Roll initiative" or maybe "Elder evil or not he's not living through a salvo of LAWs."