PDA

View Full Version : Reducing MM costs

DLoFunk
2008-01-05, 04:52 PM
Ok, so here's the thing, I wanna get Persistant Spell for free (or +1 at most). Cheese? Absolutely! So what I want to know is how to do it. In my upcoming game I'm allowed any book, even unofficial supplements like the "slayer's guide" series. No Incantrix, tho. DM just won't allow it.

So far I have:
Easy Metamagic
Arcane Thesis
Slow Spell (unofficial i think, can't remember off hand what book)

Can anyone come up with other ways to reduce the level increase cost?
Please no items with charges, I'm going for consistancy.

Nebo_
2008-01-05, 05:29 PM
Anima Mage (ToM) and Divine Metamagic (CD)

Chronicled
2008-01-05, 05:40 PM
It's quite easy if you're a cleric or find another way to get turn undead (to fuel Divine Metamagic). It sounds like you want an arcane caster, though, which makes it a little more difficult.

Kizara
2008-01-05, 05:52 PM
Planning (extend spell) and Undeath (extra turning) domains. Both in Spell Compendium I believe.

Be human, first level feats: Persistant Spell and Divine Metamagic (persistant spell).

With a 20 charisma (lesser assimar?), you can persist two spells a day.

Add in more extra turnings and Nightsticks (libris motris) to complete the cheese.

Draz74
2008-01-05, 06:14 PM
Planning (extend spell) and Undeath (extra turning) domains. Both in Spell Compendium I believe.

Fixed for you.

RandomFellow
2008-01-05, 06:21 PM
Practical Metamagic, Residual Metamagic, Incantrix, its a long list.

Kizara
2008-01-05, 06:28 PM
Fixed for you.

BAH! Posting in a rush ftl. My thanks.

shaggz076
2008-01-06, 10:23 AM
Play an Ultimate magus as well. You use spell slots from your one class to fuel MM for the other class spells.

Irreverent Fool
2008-01-06, 11:10 AM
Since you mentioned 'unoffical' books being allowed, I would direct your attention to Mongoose Publishing's "Ultimate Prestige Classes". A PrC in this book called the "Arcane Avatar" has -- among other very useful abilities -- an ability that allows you to chose two of your metamagic feats and lower the required spell level adjustment by one on each. Before this, you get detect magic constantly, and SR 15+charisma modifier.

Naturally it has full spell progression, too.