PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye, So Long, Farewell

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-06, 09:27 AM
Have there been circumstances beyond your control and you must leave our lovely playground? Have you become disenchanted with these boards?

Please say goodbye to everyone from this one central place, that way we can all mourn your leaving from the comfort of a single locale.

This works the same way as the welcome and hello thread, just let us know why, and we'll say goodbye!

Ceska
2008-01-06, 09:31 AM
Didn't we have such a place before? :smallconfused: I think it was ignored, back then.
But, yes, I still like that idea.

Glaivemaster
2008-01-06, 09:32 AM
It has been tried before, multiple times. Mostly people stop leaving as soon as the thread starts up, or they ignore it, or don't realise it's there, or feel important enough to deserve their own thread for it

It might be worth a shot, but I predict this going down again

Lilly
2008-01-06, 10:45 AM
Hey, this sounds like a good idea... *comandeers thread*

I'm da Rogue!
2008-01-06, 11:06 AM
*bumps*
because I like this thread. No more melodrama, please!

Brickwall
2008-01-06, 11:09 AM
I bet $10 this thread fails to acheive its purpose (if it's stickied, no bet).

Dragonrider
2008-01-06, 11:24 AM
Sticky it! Sticky it! :smallbiggrin:

I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, so it doesn't make much difference to me anyway. :smallamused:

Ego Slayer
2008-01-06, 11:31 AM
This thing like one of those stamps you had to lick? *licks thread...*

Spiryt
2008-01-06, 11:34 AM
This thing like one of those stamps you had to lick? *licks thread...*

Looks like it worked.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-01-06, 11:44 AM
Oh wow, stickied! I still think peolpe wont notice it though :smallsigh:

Raiser Blade
2008-01-06, 12:04 PM
When I first saw this I was shocked thinking that Vorpal was leaving. :smalleek:

Anyways this is a great idea for a thread.

Raistlin1040
2008-01-06, 12:12 PM
Oh, ok. When I try it, it's a stupid idea. When the talking dust bunny tries it, it's heralded as brilliance. Life's not fair.

((Just messing with you VT. I did make a thread like this a while back, and it never worked. Good luck.))

Sneak
2008-01-06, 12:52 PM
It's just because of VT's teeth. I mean, you don't wanna mess with something that has teeth like that. :P

Anyway, this thread is a good idea, but honestly, I don't think it's gonna work too well. Everyone feels that they deserve their own thread when they're leaving.

iamkoolerthanu
2008-01-06, 04:07 PM
When I first saw this I was shocked thinking that Vorpal was leaving. :smalleek:

Yeah, so did I...I was sad. :( Now I'm happy, he's not. :)
P.S.- Vorpal, you may not know me but I am your stalker. :P

It's just because of VT's teeth. I mean, you don't wanna mess with something that has teeth like that. :P

Anyway, this thread is a good idea, but honestly, I don't think it's gonna work too well. Everyone feels that they deserve their own thread when they're leaving.

That is also what I was thinking, after I realized Vorpal was staying.

North
2008-01-06, 04:53 PM
I imagine this will work as good as the new members thread, lol. But I do agree that we seem to need a perma thread like this.

bosssmiley
2008-01-06, 06:26 PM
Everyone feels that they deserve their own thread when they're leaving.

I entirely agree. Everyone whose name is Rich Burlew or TheGiant deserves their own "I'm leaving" thread. :smallamused:

Everyone else should just PM their buddy list, let their regular PbP groups/RB/SMBG/Homebrew interlocutors know they'll be AFP(layground), and then get the hell outta Dodge with a modicum of quiet dignity.

"I'm leaving" threads: spam on a par with the interminable "<blah> vs. <blah>" threads. :smallannoyed:

Eggy - who is going nowhere until they taze his PC

Inyssius Tor
2008-01-06, 06:29 PM

Me too. Don't scare us like that, man!

Felixaar
2008-01-06, 07:03 PM
No foreign-language-goodbyes in the title? I would've expected such.

Icewalker
2008-01-06, 09:32 PM
Don't forget: this isn't a thread for people who are leaving, but a discussion about whether a thread of that sort is a good idea. :smallbiggrin:

Sneak
2008-01-06, 10:09 PM
I entirely agree. Everyone whose name is Rich Burlew or TheGiant deserves their own "I'm leaving" thread. :smallamused:

Everyone else should just PM their buddy list, let their regular PbP groups/RB/SMBG/Homebrew interlocutors know they'll be AFP(layground), and then get the hell outta Dodge with a modicum of quiet dignity.

"I'm leaving" threads: spam on a par with the interminable "<blah> vs. <blah>" threads. :smallannoyed:

I'm not saying that I feel everyone deserves their own thread, but everyone who's leaving seems to.

But anyway, it's not like discussing it will change anything. Hopefully it'll work, but it might not. That's pretty much it.

Gaelbert
2008-01-06, 10:16 PM

I know. When I saw the creator of the thread and the title, my jaw dropped down pretty low. Not that I've actually communicated with Vorpal much. It just seems like he's such an integral part of the boards.

Quincunx
2008-01-07, 10:24 AM
Ah, good, someplace I can drop a "don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya" without actually contributing to a final cry for attention. Thank you, original poster.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-07, 04:33 PM
Ah, good, someplace I can drop a "don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya" without actually contributing to a final cry for attention. Thank you, original poster.
*snickers and bows*

That above was actually more the tone of my post originally but Lilly adjusted it to make me sound more 'sympathetic'.

P.S.- Vorpal, you may not know me but I am your stalker. :P
Grr, why can't my stalkers ever be female? :smallyuk:

Lilly
2008-01-07, 11:09 PM
*snickers and bows*

That above was actually more the tone of my post originally but Lilly adjusted it to make me sound more 'sympathetic'.

Grr, why can't my stalkers ever be female? :smallyuk:

As much as I love snark, it can't be stickied. :smalltongue: Feel free to snark once people start leaving.

Charity
2008-01-08, 08:18 AM

Quincunx hits the nail on the head once again.

As much as I love snark

Aw and here I was hoping it was me... ah well.
*Starts rumour mill*
Only kidding Lil, I've only just regrown those limbs I lost last time.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-08, 08:37 AM
As much as I love snark, it can't be stickied. :smalltongue: Feel free to snark once people start leaving.
But why?

This is just the place for a Snark!" the Tribble cried,
As he posted his thread with care;
Supporting each word on the top of the tide
By a finger entwined in his fur.

"Just the place for a Snark! I have said it twice:
That alone should encourage you shrews.
Just the place for a Snark! I have said it thrice:
What I tell you three times is true.

Rawhide
2008-01-08, 08:39 AM
Because this thread needed more snark

http://www.gamedesign.net/content/half-life/entimgs/monster/snark.jpg
http://gryzor.club.fr/half-life/gfx/armes/10-xx-Snarks-2.jpg

Thes Hunter
2008-01-08, 10:33 PM
*A sound, somewhat like a squish, and somewhat like a splat, but somehow completely different from either of the two sounds is made when a large discolored box plops down, seemingly from out of nowhere*

*gingerly opens the box*

*inside a vast collect of fish heads, including some of the roly poly variety*

*looks befuddled*

Uhhhhhhh....... Thanks for all the fish.... I... uh... guess.

*goes off to the movie*

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-01-08, 11:27 PM
Uhhhhhhh....... Thanks for all the fish.... I... uh... guess.

*mutters about being beaten to the punch by Charity in a skirt.*

Tally 'o to the leavers!

Paragon Badger
2008-01-09, 12:26 AM
And here I was frightened that the Vorpal Tribble was leaving us. :smallamused:

Crispy Dave
2008-01-09, 01:06 AM
I bet $10 this thread fails to acheive its purpose (if it's stickied, no bet).

I got $20 on that theres gonna be more post from people that arn leaving then people there are

Zar Peter
2008-01-09, 02:59 AM
Bye bye playground. I'm leaving and fetch me a beer from the refrigerator.
Back in five minutes :smallbiggrin:

killingtime33
2008-01-11, 06:33 PM
wow this thread might survive just from all the people posting to say they doubt it will.:smallcool:

EmeraldRose
2008-01-12, 09:24 AM
*giggles*

I'm highly amused that so far no one has actually posted in this thread saying they are leaving the Playground.

*goes from the Playground momentarily to get some coffee*

:smallbiggrin:

Tarnag40k
2008-01-12, 03:07 PM
In case I ever do truely leave. I will make this post now. (i am usually like inactive for long periods because well I forget about these forums not trying say you are all boring but life is and can be busy).

So if I truely ever do leave, thankyou all for sveral years of giving me good and funny threads to read and stalk (half the time someone posts my thoughts exactly so I don't bother making another reply saying the same thing) and that I wish you fair well.

Not that I'm planning on leaving anytime soon.

NotAboutBalance
2008-01-13, 06:38 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I am back. Non-permanently, unfortunately, but with some more detailed information. For anyone who cares; I shall be able to post again in late February, although most probably a good bit later. However, I am proud to have passed the GitP awareness on to my penpal in Italy. Hopefully she's already on. You see an Italian girl on, she may just owe her awareness to me. Anyways, I hope I can post again soon.

-NotAboutBalance

Sneak
2008-01-13, 07:47 PM
Well, Playground, it's been a good long run. We've had a lot of good times together. Lurking around the old boards during the early OOTS strips, working up the courage to finally register, being less of an annoying jerk than I am now, posting in SMBG so long ago, posting in SMBG five minutes ago, founding the town, accidentally mucking up the 'old school' random banter (with some help), being a general jackass, making avatars, being completely unreliable at avatar-making, PbP games, being completely unreliable in PbP games, just generally being completely unreliable, Evolution games, Operation Domination, the creation of Iron Avatarist, making this post, making a lot of other posts, winning Tongue itP, typing out this very long grammatically incorrect sentence (it's a sentence fragment), running out of things to say in this sentence...so...yeah.

Whew.

I hope I didn't forgot anything. :smalleek:

So...

Goodbye!

Glad I got that out of the way.

Now if I ever actually want to leave, all I have to do is copy-paste. :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2008-01-21, 04:32 AM
Considering how the thread is going, this seems like the place to mention this.

I can honestly see myself still on this forum in 60 years. I don't see why not. Great community. Good resource. Having lots of fun here for the time I've been here so far. Easy access. Honestly, I'll bet I'm still on this site when I'm out of college (and I'm not in college yet)

KerfuffleMach2
2008-01-22, 08:15 AM
This isn't so much of a goodbye, more like a see you later.

Because of certain issues that have come up, I am not going to be able to be online much for a while. I will try to be on as much as possible, so people can write me PMs if they want.

eidreff
2008-01-22, 05:40 PM
RL has caught up with me. Also dragged me kicking and screaming away from my beloved PC. Not been close to posting for the past week or so and it may be another week before I can reliably say that I will be back.

For all those that will or have missed me *hugs*

for all others *meh*

This is not serious, just an outbreak of work. A nasty complaint and one that can only be cured with a massive dose of ill health, retirement or death. None of which I feel ready for.

The work is due to negelcting my commitments, the day job and (potentially) a romantic entanglement that threatens to make a mess of the whole thing.

any way enough excuses. For this night SMBG is my solace.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-22, 09:08 PM
Well, since everybody else appears to be doing it. . .
I present my Note of Leave for when I decided to forsake this wonderful community. :smallsmile:

Errr. . . Umm. . . I'm no good at speeches, so I'm just going to be leaving. . . NEVER!! HA! Do you hear me! I'll never leave this place! Too many good times!!

*Two men in white approach me*

"I'm sorry, [Shas'aia Toriia], but you have to say goodbye now."

*Is injected with tranquilizer and dragged away. A note is left behind*

Hey, at least I won Elf ITP, and that's all I really wanted. Just make sure you vote for me in the Conjuration polls. :smallwink:

- High Elven Angel, Elysium, 2nd layer
High Priest of the Threefold Prophecies
Supreme Commander of the Ji'et'ayara
Chief Arial Commander of HALO
Other titles that have no meaning but sound good.

Sneak
2008-01-22, 09:54 PM
Considering how the thread is going, this seems like the place to mention this.

I can honestly see myself still on this forum in 60 years. I don't see why not. Great community. Good resource. Having lots of fun here for the time I've been here so far. Easy access. Honestly, I'll bet I'm still on this site when I'm out of college (and I'm not in college yet)

Hopefully by then the server issues will be cleared up. :smalltongue:

But I don't really see myself leaving either. I kinda sorta left for a little while, but I've more or less been here for almost three years now.

That's a weird thought. I remember when I first started lurking on the forums, trying to muster up the courage to register...

Raistlin1040
2008-01-22, 10:01 PM
Well, Playground, it's been a good long run. We've had a lot of good times together. Lurking around the old boards during the early OOTS strips, working up the courage to finally register, being less of an annoying jerk than I am now, posting in SMBG so long ago, posting in SMBG five minutes ago, founding the town, accidentally mucking up the 'old school' random banter (with some help), being a general jackass, making avatars, being completely unreliable at avatar-making, PbP games, being completely unreliable in PbP games, just generally being completely unreliable, Evolution games, Operation Domination, the creation of Iron Avatarist, making this post, making a lot of other posts, winning Tongue itP, typing out this very long grammatically incorrect sentence (it's a sentence fragment), running out of things to say in this sentence...so...yeah.

Whew.

I hope I didn't forgot anything. :smalleek:

So...

Goodbye!

Glad I got that out of the way.

Now if I ever actually want to leave, all I have to do is copy-paste. :smalltongue:
True that. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2008-01-25, 11:47 PM
...that is, if you don't see me around over the next three days, as I'll be traveling down south a wee bit and won't be able to get on the computer. See y'all on Tuesday morning.

Skippy
2008-01-26, 12:44 AM
And here I am, hoping the thread had something to do with Douglas Adams and the HHGTTG...

Have a good trip, BR.

Nightwing
2008-01-26, 08:33 AM
Personally, I dont like this idea. say is shas wanted to leave so he posted it here. Now, Shas is big and popular and nice and cool and stuff and people would care if he left right? Well, what if just be for him The Vorpal Tribble said he was leaving. He has been here four years! That would be the biggest thing ever! Shas post probably wouldn't even get seen.

QueenOfMemnoch
2008-01-26, 09:15 AM
Personally, I dont like this idea. say is shas wanted to leave so he posted it here. Now, Shas is big and popular and nice and cool and stuff and people would care if he left right? Well, what if just be for him The Vorpal Tribble said he was leaving. He has been here four years! That would be the biggest thing ever! Shas post probably wouldn't even get seen.

Ah, I doubt this. Afterall, you'd think that's be the same with the depression thread, but EVERYONE get answered there.
And, most people read through all the posts in a thread.

Thes Hunter
2008-01-27, 12:25 AM
I won't be around for the next few HOURS, because my totally unfair and uncool parents Trog is making me clean my room. :smallfurious: :smalleek: :smallfrown:

He says if I don't get it done, I don't get to go hang out with my friends at work on Monday morning. So I better get started. :smallsigh:

Life is so unfair.... I might have to post in the depression thread.

I will miss you all!

Please keep me in your thoughts and don't forget about me!

*big hugs all around!*

Nibleswick
2008-01-28, 03:51 AM
Well folks, it's been fun getting to know you, but the time has come for me to say goodbye. Basically I need to focus on getting read to go on a mission for my church, and the internet is to big a distraction, I'll probably pop in a few times before I'm sent out. Well, so long folks, I'll miss the boards a great deal.

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-28, 03:58 AM
May Heaven guide ye and keep ye safe!

banjo1985
2008-01-28, 05:21 AM
So long Nibleswick, I hope life treats you well and that we see you back here one day :smallsmile:

Time for me to say something approaching a farewell. As much as I love this forum and many of the people in it, my life is progressing in ways that will seriously inhibit my posting here. I will be around far far less than I have been.

Sadly that means the end of my delayed fancomic on here (for the 100 or so people that actually read it :smallamused: ) and the OotS Smilie Hunt. I apologise to everyone playing that game, but I’m not going to be around enough to keep on top of the PM’s. However, I am going to attempt to remain active in all the games I am currently involved in, and I do still plan to run the next iteration of my WW game, with the help of a co-narrator.

So, it’s not really farewell, more of a see you around, just nowhere near as often :smallsmile:

de-trick
2008-01-30, 08:16 PM
Good idea, to have a I'm leaving group thread but a personal thread is good so people don't have to scroll through multiple pages of a group goodbye to see if a friend left or not.

Warlord
2008-01-31, 01:28 AM
Funny thing is, if someone grows tired of the site, he or she won't take the trouble to sift through the different channels and categories and will therefore not be likely to find this post.

Said person in question will simply not show up anymore.

Take me for example, I think the last time I visited GITP forums was probably almost a year ago. Just came back to take a peek (So...Hi everyone!)

The only special cases are like the last time one guy was going to be posted to Iraq, so he said his goodbyes. By the way, is he back and in good health?

Yeah. So, unlikely to be a truly functional post, this. Sad, but true.

North
2008-01-31, 01:38 AM
Well folks, it's been fun getting to know you, but the time has come for me to say goodbye. Basically I need to focus on getting read to go on a mission for my church, and the internet is to big a distraction, I'll probably pop in a few times before I'm sent out. Well, so long folks, I'll miss the boards a great deal.

Later Nibleswick! Have a good mission.

Warlord
2008-01-31, 01:51 AM
Later Nibleswick! Have a good mission.

Hmm, funny how I missed that post.:smalltongue:

Best of luck, Nibleswick!

Still, I maintain that such tend to be uncommon. :smallsmile:

Zakama
2008-02-07, 08:19 PM
I don't like this idea either. Having a saying hello thread is fine and dandy, because if you don't see someone who joined there, you'll still see them on the boards. If someone leaves though, that's it. I think leaving deserves it's own thread to get peoples attention.

Inhuman Bot
2008-02-08, 07:34 PM
Well, goodbye everyone nice to "meet" you all. I won't see again. NOTE: I never haveseen any of you, so by that I mean I'am gone
I won't be back, for the span of 0.1 second and a year. I'll explain later.

Koga
2008-02-09, 11:07 PM
See, he does alot of rogue activity at myspace. And some tard

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=42364481

thinks that I put a virus in her and her husband's computer. (Yeah, cause i'm stupid enough to mess with viruses not knowing the extent of my own computer's defenses!)

And now she's saying it infected her husband's computer which is a state government computer. And apparently the state goonies are gonna come to my door and give me a talking too. Serious buisness!

A: If the government's computer's can't handle a low level virus then screw'em I say!

B: I don't know how to work viruses, and if I did I wouldn't be using them on nobodies like her. I'd be hacking like.. bill gates or something.. that'd be ironic!

C: It was probably someone else. There's lots of hackers and script kiddies at myspace.

I threatend to counter-sue with false accusations if they even step foot on the grass. But then there are other things they can attatch to that threat.

Pedophylia (even though im a virgin)
Verbal assault
Hate crime (I have terret typing syndrome XP)
Communist/Terrorist/Nazi/Serial Killer/V-Tech/Pretty much anybody that's evil sympathies.

So if I dissapear all of a sudden. I'm having it out with the man.

Normaly you'd be worried, but.. I don't have a life anyway. And all it'll do it get me more attention, cause i'm loud, obnoxius, and will shrill like a little girl..

That's why the government hasn't gotten on my ass in the past. Cause they don't want all that attention. That's why a few years ago when I was throwing death threats against hillary clinton they just told the mod to permanently ban me.

http://www.brendangrant.com/BlogImages/MaskedTerrorists/MaskedTerrorist3.jpg
What?! This is just my ninja-gear! I knew i shoulda wore hidden village of the sound...

Gaelbert
2008-02-10, 02:29 AM
What the...:smallconfused:
You lost me about halfway through there. Right about at the Pedophlia part.
And fare-thee-well.

DarkLightDragon
2008-02-10, 02:35 AM
Well, goodbye...

thubby
2008-02-10, 02:42 AM
*dramatic music+rower voice*
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-10, 03:04 AM
Good luck with sorting the problem out (sadly, some people are really pathetic in regards to these things).

Tom_Violence
2008-02-11, 10:57 AM
See, he does alot of rogue activity at myspace. And some tard

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=42364481

thinks that I put a virus in her and her husband's computer. (Yeah, cause i'm stupid enough to mess with viruses not knowing the extent of my own computer's defenses!)

And now she's saying it infected her husband's computer which is a state government computer. And apparently the state goonies are gonna come to my door and give me a talking too. Serious buisness!

A: If the government's computer's can't handle a low level virus then screw'em I say!

B: I don't know how to work viruses, and if I did I wouldn't be using them on nobodies like her. I'd be hacking like.. bill gates or something.. that'd be ironic!

C: It was probably someone else. There's lots of hackers and script kiddies at myspace.

I threatend to counter-sue with false accusations if they even step foot on the grass. But then there are other things they can attatch to that threat.

Pedophylia (even though im a virgin)
Verbal assault
Hate crime (I have terret typing syndrome XP)
Communist/Terrorist/Nazi/Serial Killer/V-Tech/Pretty much anybody that's evil sympathies.

So if I dissapear all of a sudden. I'm having it out with the man.

Normaly you'd be worried, but.. I don't have a life anyway. And all it'll do it get me more attention, cause i'm loud, obnoxius, and will shrill like a little girl..

That's why the government hasn't gotten on my ass in the past. Cause they don't want all that attention. That's why a few years ago when I was throwing death threats against hillary clinton they just told the mod to permanently ban me.

http://www.brendangrant.com/BlogImages/MaskedTerrorists/MaskedTerrorist3.jpg
What?! This is just my ninja-gear! I knew i shoulda wore hidden village of the sound...

Wow, that er really sounds like the sort of threat you want to take seriously. Mmhmm. Er... :smalltongue:

Sir_Norbert
2008-02-11, 04:40 PM
Goodbye. I've had some nice times here, met some nice people, no hard feelings. I never really felt like I belonged here because I'm just not a good enough person to fit in with a caring group like this one, and everything that's happened since has only confirmed that first impression. If I ever happen to run into any of you again, I hope you can forgive me.

FoE
2008-02-11, 04:48 PM
*Punch in the kidneys*

*Kick in kneecap*

*Elbow-check in face*

*Step on glasses*

Sorry, what were you saying about caring people, Sir Norbert? :smallamused:

North
2008-02-11, 05:40 PM
Bye Sir Norbert. Hope things go better for you.

banjo1985
2008-02-12, 06:15 AM
Goodbye. I've had some nice times here, met some nice people, no hard feelings. I never really felt like I belonged here because I'm just not a good enough person to fit in with a caring group like this one, and everything that's happened since has only confirmed that first impression. If I ever happen to run into any of you again, I hope you can forgive me.

Aw Norbert don't go :smallfrown:

I've read the Depression Thread, and one emotional and poorly communicated post does not a bad person make. You're plenty good enough for us lot here, and you have nothing that you need us to forgive. So come back....okay :smallsmile:

*hugs Norbert*

Gaelbert
2008-02-18, 07:43 PM
While I am not leaving, I'll probably be spending less time here. I have no idea how long this will last, but, with luck, it shouldn't be too long. And by less time, I'm thinking it'll be cut in half or so, maybe more. So, it's not all that much.

QueenOfMemnoch
2008-02-20, 10:44 AM
As of now, I will no longer be here.
Ever.
Again.
Issues have exploded that have made me realize Giant, and the world I've submersed myself in, is almost something cancerous in my life.
As I've been told by a few people, I'm "living in a fantasy world". I can no longer escape the words of my father, as they have become evidently true.
I'm sorry, you're all been great, but I need to go back to living.

<3 Love and snuggles from Queeny

Mordokai
2008-02-20, 10:50 AM
You'll come back. They all do.

While what you say is true and I observe something similar in myself I think the situation isn't critical yet. But, however you choose to do, stay well, stay safe and remember on the good times you had here.

You are still the most disturbing person I know. But at the same time, one of the more interesting and it was nice knowing you :smallsmile: Do come back sometime, will you? I'd ask you for a MSN so we can perhaps stay in touch but I feel I have no right of that.

Better stop this rambling before I start crying :smallfrown:

Inigo Montoya
2008-02-20, 10:59 AM
Same basic ideas as Mordokai. Hope to see you again sometime Queenie.

Kyrian
2008-02-20, 11:02 AM
Again, Hitomi...I'm sorry to see you leaving.

You've been one of the best little sisters to me, and I've always been thankful I've had you as one, even when we fought and argued. I hope that I'll see you online, and be able to talk to you still, even if those occurrences are even longer in between than they have been.

You know your Big Bro is always here for you, and always cares.

*huggles* Take care, lil sis.

Eksar Lindisfar
2008-02-20, 11:06 AM
see you later, it was fun while all the plots lasted, while you're out there, we all wish you success in what you do

Almighty Salmon
2008-02-20, 11:07 AM
Nooo, Queeny :smallfrown:

Aww man, I'm really gonna miss you. You're one the people I have the utmost respect for on this forum. It was really fun roleplaying with you in HALO..

Atleast I have your MSN so I can still keep in contact with you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Miraqariftsky
2008-02-20, 12:43 PM
O vows, vows accursed
Yet true ye were,
O blessed oaths

I'll still honour you, cherish you, love you, remember you. Remember... remember.... remember...

Farewell, wherever you fare
O Queen so fair,
With fire in thy golden hair
Adieu, adieu, adieu
I pray that ye have naught to rue

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-20, 05:40 PM
What?!? You're leaving?
Oooh, suffice it to say, that sucks. :smallfrown:

The Bushranger
2008-02-20, 11:13 PM
*hugs Queeny tightly*

banjo1985
2008-02-21, 03:32 AM
Yeah, see you QoM, hope your life improves and that this is a positive step that helps you along. Whatever life brings you, I hop ethere's a little happiness there.

onasuma
2008-02-23, 05:28 AM
I've decided that Ive been spending way to much time here. Example: On my way to post this i checked two more topics spending about 20 min, where I should be doing homework. I know i dont spend as much time as other people here, but i still think its to much. Fear not, I will be back, but i need to prove to myself i can go a week without pressing that little button in my favourites.
See you all in a week

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-23, 06:57 AM
I've decided that Ive been spending way to much time here. Example: On my way to post this i checked two more topics spending about 20 min, where I should be doing homework. I know i dont spend as much time as other people here, but i still think its to much. Fear not, I will be back, but i need to prove to myself i can go a week without pressing that little button in my favourites.
See you all in a week

*casts control person*
*urges Onasuma to go back and post*

onasuma
2008-02-25, 02:18 PM
See you all in a week

Turns out i am too weak. Ah well.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-02-26, 11:20 AM
*casts control person*
*urges Onasuma to go back and post*

Turns out i am too weak. Ah well.

I guess it worked! O___o

seventhsamurai
2008-02-28, 01:22 AM
I'm going through some stuff right now, and I haven't really read comics lately anyway. I might come back, but I just don't know.

PlatinumJester
2008-02-29, 01:33 PM
Unofrtunately to due to problems at college and me not doing enough work to the extent where I am under review, I have decided to stop spending anymore time here until I feel my grades are satisfactory again (hopefully 6 months at the most). Anyway, in they year since I first came here, it's been great fun and I'm bailing with a bunch of good memories. I'm going to log on again at about 7.00pm tomorrow so if you need/want anything off of me for any reason then do so now.

See ya in August hopefully.

TheThan
2008-02-29, 01:55 PM
Hate to see you go, but I hope you can get back on soon enough.

Real life happens, as the saying goes. well good luck with school.

Mr. Moon
2008-02-29, 08:02 PM
Well, I'm not leaving. In fact, quite opposite - I'm back from my latest fued with mom. This just seems like the best place for this post. That's right - I've crawled out of my hole, streached, yawned, looked around, failed to see my shadow, then gave a little jump when mom spoke those blessed words "I've removed you're password, Moon Called."

Raistlin1040
2008-02-29, 08:03 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Hugs Moon Called*

The Bushranger
2008-02-29, 11:01 PM
*cheers*

*MUCH glompage*

Welcome back, imouto!!!

Gaelbert
2008-03-01, 12:15 AM
Moon Called is back! Yay!
Even though I never really talked to you all that much, I have nothing but the deepest respect for you and I cracked a grin when I saw your name under the last poster thingie.

Mr. Moon
2008-03-01, 04:09 PM
Aw, thanks everyone. Glad to be back. *returns hugs*

sktarq
2008-03-01, 04:13 PM
I'm back from my latest fued with mom

Goodie. :smallcool: :roach:

Quincunx
2008-03-04, 09:00 AM
Well, curse me for a believer--this thread has found both a purpose and a reason to be sticky. Welcome back to the temporary absences who have returned, see you soon for the temporary absences which have announced themselves. It's unexpectedly courteous to announce those.

Miraqariftsky
2008-03-25, 01:47 AM
It's been great knowing y'all. I'll be gone for four or five days. Finals. After then... I just hope and pray the results'll be well enough not to warrant an oath of no-return...

RabbitHoleLost
2008-03-25, 09:19 AM
I wish you all the luck and good-will in this biiiig earth, Nexus.
Please, come back to us...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-03-25, 09:43 AM
It's been great knowing y'all. I'll be gone for four or five days. Finals. After then... I just hope and pray the results'll be well enough not to warrant an oath of no-return...
Noooooo...

As some of you may have noticed. I sometimes lack posting in certain threads and sections. Including in those are the A&C forums, if I am not able to post there anymore completely, please remember me, becouse I wil try to stalk you to read your comics.(Like anti-heroes, failling saves?? Banjo's new Paper hero's and so on)
Also I have been lacking my support in the depression thread. But I am about to make a long, long post there.
Also I have not been as much on the SMBG forums as you may have noticed. Though I tried to increase my activity on the Structered Games forum.

A day may come when internet fails.
When all connection are broken.
When all friendships dissapear.

But it is not this day!
An hour of broken PC's and lag.
When the age of internet will come crashing down.
But it is not this day!

This day we have fun!
By all that you hold dear on this earth,
I bid you internet, forumners of the playground!!!

(I hope that day will not comed soon! Nor the age.
Though it may come...(for me also))

wadledo
2008-03-28, 10:53 AM
My uncle just died (read depression thread for more info), so I'm going to take a month long break from the forums.
I'll still post in my games, and I'm planing on starting a new one (in memory of my uncle [:smallbiggrin: Yay!]), so y'all have a fun month with out me in the SMBG's and Friendly Banter.

Skippy
2008-03-28, 11:00 AM
My uncle just died (read depression thread for more info), so I'm going to take a month long break from the forums.
I'll still post in my games, and I'm planing on starting a new one (in memory of my uncle [:smallbiggrin: Yay!]), so y'all have a fun month with out me in the SMBG's and Friendly Banter.

Take your time, Wadledo. My best wishes to you and all your family.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-28, 01:04 PM

*hugs*

...be well, man.

Miraqariftsky
2008-03-29, 07:38 AM

The story stops but never ends
So true as shadow, unfailing as dust
Everliving in dreams, eternal in memories
Day shall come again
Your kinsblood shall sing
And heavens resound with the
Sacred smile of your father's brother

--------------

And on other news...
I.
Am.
Back.
Thanks for the wellwishes, yo!
Results are sometime in April.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-02, 09:09 AM
My grades are crap.
Bye guys.

Kaelaroth
2008-04-02, 09:10 AM
My grades are crap.
Bye guys.

Nooo! *hugs hard* :smallfrown:

I'll miss you Mauvey. *promotes in honour*

Inigo Montoya
2008-04-02, 09:13 AM
Bye, Mauve Shirt...:frown:

Miraqariftsky
2008-04-02, 09:14 AM
My grades are crap.
Bye guys.

Fare ye well
Never fall to harrowed Hell
To thy oaths keep true
That thy transcript may have naught to rue
Heaven bless thee
And from drudgery set ye free

RabbitHoleLost
2008-04-02, 09:16 AM
Mauvey...
Who will I be awesome with? ;-;

The Bushranger
2008-04-02, 09:23 AM
awwwww
*hugs*
Come back as soon as you can!
*promotes*

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-02, 10:32 AM
My grades are crap.
Bye guys.

*hugs*

...hope to see you again sometime, and good luck with your grades!

im4eversmart
2008-04-02, 05:43 PM
Is it a sign of music addiction if I saw this thread and immediately thought I was seeing a discussion sticky about Modest Mouse's song "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine"?

Okay, back to seriousness. I'm sad to see that so many of our number have left us, but respect their decision to leave. In fact, I will attempt to remain solemn for the rest of the post without leaving another irritating wisecrack.
... There, I've done it. Farewell you guys.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-04-02, 07:14 PM
It really pains me to write this, seeing as how the forums have been a substantial part of my life on the internets for the past year or so, but I'm leaving.

Not because of grades, nor strict parents, or even because of the crippling lag the forum seems to have every time I log on. It's just because I don't have a reason to come any more.

AMEN, the last reason I would come here, has descended from a truly funny organization to another Random Banter. Ring V is on hiatus for the foreseeable future. But most of all, the people I've come to know here never seem to be on anymore.

And that's why I'm packing my bags and leaving for greener pastures. If any of you all want to chat, you know where to find me. I'm not going to be online any less, just not here.

"But Vespe," you may say, "you haven't been on in weeks. Why do you suddenly feel the urge to tell us this?"

>.>
<.<

Look over there! *grabs bags and flees*

Happy trails,

Vespe Ratavo.

P.S.
Some special goodbyes. Feel free to read them, they're nothing special.

Lord Magtok
If AMEN ever comes back, you call me. Also, tell me when you get Brawl online.

Exachix
I'm sorry I always called you a rug. You're more than a rug. You're a very nice pillow as well. :smalltongue:

Raistlin1040
Rock on! And stuff.

Castaras (and probably Exachix again too)
*insert comprehensive list of in-jokes here*

Haruki-kun
http://www.randomkitty.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/wizard-turned-you-mudkip.png
((I dunno, just wanted to post that. Byes :smallfrown: ))

And everyone else
You crazy kids get off my lawn! I'm trying to sleep here. Sheesh.

Phase
2008-04-02, 07:42 PM
So long Vespe, I'm sorry I could not get to know you better...

Mr_Saturn
2008-04-02, 08:39 PM
Is Vespe's leaving, I guess I'll take my leave too.

RingV's dead, especially with Vespe leaving. I never really did anything around the forums anyways.

The reason why I usually stayed on the forums was to check if someone would request an avatar, which was all I could do anyways. I never participated in most of the activities outside the Arts&Crafts section. Even there I stopped participating in IA or the RaOSA thread.

If you still want to request an avatar, I'll still be on AIM (SaturnITP). But I already have an idea of the few people that would ask for one and still technically have requests on hold. <__<

And the playground has one less sodipodi-ist...

Gaelbert
2008-04-02, 10:23 PM
Ahh... Vespe, I'm sorry I helped bring about your departure. :smallfrown:

banjo1985
2008-04-03, 05:46 AM
Vespe, Mauvey, Mr Saturn...nooooo!!!

Sorry to see you guys go :smallfrown:

Dr. Bath
2008-04-03, 09:00 AM
Aww. You guys were cool.

Bye bye Mr. Saturn, may your rings shine until they are innevitably consumed by the sun. Your avatar stylings will be missed. *salutes*

Telonius
2008-04-03, 02:46 PM
I'll be taking a temporary break from the forums as I'm on a business trip next week. I'll be back next Friday.

- Tel

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-03, 02:49 PM
I'll be taking a temporary break from the forums as I'm on a business trip next week. I'll be back next Friday.

- Tel

*hugs*...enjoy your trip! See you when you get back!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-03, 03:34 PM
Grah! First Mauve, then Vespe, now Mr. Saturn too?

*almost cries, but then leaves so nobody sees*

DraPrime
2008-04-03, 03:41 PM
Bye Vespe. I vaguely knew you, but I will miss you.

Bayar
2008-04-03, 03:55 PM
Bye Vespe, Bye Saturn.

Damn, why are you guys leaving? This sucks on soo many levels.

Castaras
2008-04-03, 04:09 PM
Vespe and Saturn? :smallfrown:

Awww...G'luck to you guys. Have fun.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-03, 05:01 PM
I'm echoing the sentiments of everyone here.
Bye Saturn. Bye Vespe. Bye Mauve.
:smallsigh:

wadledo
2008-04-04, 08:01 AM
We're all dooooooooommmmmeeeeeedddddd!

*The giant eye is more sad than he was before now*

Askaris
2008-04-04, 09:23 AM
Onasuma asked me to post here, so here goes:

O's net is down, due to some roadworks down his street cutting his internet cables. He says that he might be back in a week, but it depends upon how fast the cabling gets fixed. He also asks if it would be possible for him not to be auto-lynched in any of the forum games. :smalltongue:

onasuma
2008-04-04, 10:13 AM
Yes he posted less than an hour ago. Well, the net is back for the moment, not sure if it'll stick for long.
Edit: Also, saturn, sorry to see you go. I shall forever imortalise you in my sig. Vespe, again, sorry that your off. Ill miss you both, and ring V

Skippy
2008-04-04, 10:55 AM
*Takes a deep breath*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY, MR SATURN?? WHY???

Now I will have to haunt you via AIM...

Dr. Bath
2008-04-05, 03:14 PM
M'kay.

As much as it pains me to say so, I think that after a year on this great bastion of silliness and fun I must take my leave for the foreseeable future. You're a cool bunch, and have amused me no end. I'd hope that some of you might consider me a friend, as I certainly consider you.

I apologise to those whom I failed to complete avatars for, made shoddy avatars for, took too long to complete requests for. Sorry.

It's been fun, but due to unforeseen long known about circumstances coming to a head I gotta go. Don't think too ill of me, eh?

So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.

exeunt

Gaelbert
2008-04-05, 03:18 PM
Dr. Bath? :smallfrown:
Good bye. We'll miss you.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-05, 03:23 PM
Aww...Dr. Bath? *hugs* v.v

...see you...it's been fun. Come back around sometime, hmm? *hugs*

Inigo Montoya
2008-04-05, 03:28 PM
NOOO! First Vespe, now Dr. Bath...:frown:

Kaelaroth
2008-04-05, 03:31 PM
Bath, I shall miss you. :smallfrown:

SpiderMew
2008-04-05, 04:03 PM
M'kay.

As much as it pains me to say so, I think that after a year on this great bastion of silliness and fun I must take my leave for the foreseeable future. You're a cool bunch, and have amused me no end. I'd hope that some of you might consider me a friend, as I certainly consider you.

I apologise to those whom I failed to complete avatars for, made shoddy avatars for, took too long to complete requests for. Sorry.

It's been fun, but due to unforeseen long known about circumstances coming to a head I gotta go. Don't think too ill of me, eh?

exeunt

NOOOOOOO!!!!
The playground will not be the same without you, and SMBG will be less intresting. Please come back someday!

Zar Peter
2008-04-05, 04:03 PM
I'm sorry to see you go, Bath, it makes me sad :smallfrown: .

Hope you will visit this page every now and then if you have the time, thank you very much for my Empress Catherine Avatar.

ufo
2008-04-05, 04:09 PM
Aww...
So long, Bathy. Hope to see you again sometime. M'kay?

banjo1985
2008-04-05, 04:54 PM
Dr Bath! :smallfrown:

Why are all the cool people leaving?

I'll definitely miss you, my favourite bathroom appliance.

This is the saddest I've ever been at a playgrounder leaving...I don't really know what to say. :smallfrown:

*cries uncontrollably*

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-05, 05:12 PM
Although I hardly knew you doctor, I always admired your artwork. Farewell wherever you fare!

Zombie pixe
2008-04-05, 05:15 PM
But... But... You were instrumental in a plot to overthrow *********.

Stop being selfish

sorry

yes, you bloody should be, now say goodbye to Dr. Bath like a Good Pixe...

Bye Bye Dr. Bath, i shall miss you Greatly. :smallfrown:

Mr. Moon
2008-04-05, 06:10 PM
What?! But... But...! No! Now where will I get my avatars? :smalleek: :smallfrown:

FoE
2008-04-05, 10:19 PM
Wow. I guess I never will have a Bathatar.

Nice knowing you, Doc.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-05, 10:24 PM
Goodbye, good Doctor. I hardly knew ye!

Thanks for the sigatar!

Skippy
2008-04-06, 12:09 AM
Bath, too?

What's happening to this place?

You will be missed, Doctor.

onasuma
2008-04-06, 05:04 AM
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! now with bath and saturn out of my way, my path to becoming best avatarist shall be greatly easier. And lined with corpses.

On a serious note though, sorry to see you go. Dont go blocking all us itpers on msn mind. I might still need advice about gimp

Ethrael
2008-04-06, 05:06 AM
*realises is holding on too tight for him to breathe*

Will miss you :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown:

CurlyKitGirl
2008-04-06, 09:27 AM
. . .

*sigh*
And now I'm pushed to leaving as well. This place is becoming less and less fun and so many friends are leaving.
I swear, if one more person on my indispensible list leaves, I'm gone.

Farewell to ye all whom I've known and cherished as friends. Come back soon or else.

The Bushranger
2008-04-06, 09:34 AM
Doc...who's gonna run me over with a pirate ship now?

*hugs Curly tightly*

Serpentine
2008-04-06, 09:44 AM
Uh... guys? I was kidding. It was all a joke.
You can come back now.
Guys?

:smallfrown:

Saurous
2008-04-06, 09:58 AM
Well, to be frank, this sucks. Why must people have lives that keep them away from the forums?

Jibar
2008-04-06, 10:12 AM
Probably for the best. You spend too much time here you'll end up like me or Charity.
*twitching occurs*
It's not really a reversible thingamadoo.

Run Bath! Run all of you! Fly you fools! Flee from this flatulant fountain of fostered fossils.

Yeah, see? This is what happens to you.

banjo1985
2008-04-06, 10:18 AM
. . .
*sigh*
And now I'm pushed to leaving as well. This place is becoming less and less fun and so many friends are leaving.

Farewell to ye all whom I've known and cherished as friends. Come back soon or else.

*targets with industrial strength holding ray*

If both of you go who would I bounce some good old British humour off?! :smallfrown:

This is a run of people I really thought and hoped I would never see leave. It looks more and more like I'll have to retreat back to Arts n Crafts and Structured Games, soon its going to be all that's left for me!

Serpentine
2008-04-06, 10:19 AM
Flatulant? Speak for yourself :smallyuk:

The Bushranger
2008-04-06, 10:20 AM
Well, to be frank, this sucks. Why must people have lives that keep them away from the forums?
*sigh*
Tell me about it.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-06, 11:20 AM
*twitches*
Curly, don't even think about leaving. The last thing this forum needs is for another of the really cool people tm to leave.
Please don't. The forums won't be the same without you.
Hell, the forums won't be the same without Bath, Vespe, and Saturn, but they'll be even more not the same without you!
Don't leave us!

Copacetic
2008-04-06, 11:28 AM
*twitches*
Curly, don't even think about leaving. The last thing this forum needs is for another of the really cool people tm to leave.
Please don't. The forums won't be the same without you.
Hell, the forums won't be the same without Bath, Vespe, and Saturn, but they'll be even more not the same without you!
Don't leave us!

Ditto. Your one of the Nice, kind playgrounders I look up to. Please don't leave.

Haruki-kun
2008-04-06, 11:35 AM
Bath is leaving?

A part of me was hoping to hear him say "April Fool" or something. =( Bye, Bath. We'll miss you a lot.

*hugs Curly really tight* Don't! Don't go, please!

Miraqariftsky
2008-04-06, 12:06 PM
M'kay.

exeunt

All hail the Doctor of Bath!
Hail to the weaver of wonders,
the doctor of dream and doom!
None cannot avoid his mighty trodden path,
ALL HAIL BATH!

Never we'll forget, his glorious legacy
But here my wager stands
---of laughter and smiles
That the Bath
Shall
Return.

Fare ye well wherever ye fare

. . .

*sigh*

If ever I am forced by the situation to take another GITPF hiatus, I sincerely hope that I am not on your "indispensible list". Why? Because if you're serious with that ultimatum, then I'm pitchin' in by not leaving to make sure that you, a paragon of the Playground would not desert its sacred sands in its hour of direst need...

Sneak
2008-04-06, 12:48 PM
Bye everyone!

Some of you I didn't know so well...but that's to be expected, I've basically been lurking off and on for the past year or so.

But you were all playgrounders, and well-respected, creative, praiseworthy ones at that. So I feel sad.

On the plus side, more avatarist competition is gone! :P Just kidding.

Honestly.

What?

Anyway, may you feel many cool breezes on terribly hot and humid days.

Mr. Moon
2008-04-06, 01:06 PM
*hugs Curly* Don't leave me! If you go, who will inspire me to write little snipits for when I lose the Game? Please don't raise the toll!

@Sneak: Aww... I'll miss ya. You made my first avatar. *hugs*

Sneak
2008-04-06, 01:09 PM
Oh, man. :P

Hehe. I didn't mean that I was leaving. I was saying bye to everyone else who is leaving.

Sorry if that was unclear.

I really should leave, though. I could have a nice clean break for once. :P

Mr. Moon
2008-04-06, 01:18 PM

Oh. I knew that.

Don't scare me like that! >.<

Phase
2008-04-06, 01:21 PM
The bath has left?

N-No-Noo!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why do the cool die young?
I mean leave, leave young.

Makes me wish tht I had joined sooner during the hayday of the forums...

I'm da Rogue!
2008-04-06, 04:45 PM
Bathy? :smalleek: :smallfrown:

This sucks. I didn't even say thanx for the last avatar.

Curly, if you leave, I leave too.:smallfrown:

Reinboom
2008-04-06, 04:49 PM
Tata to everyone that I barely knew.

Bathy? :smalleek: :smallfrown:

This sucks. I didn't even say thanx for the last avatar.

Curly, if you leave, I leave too.:smallfrown:

It is not very nice to others to perpetuate the situation.

FireFox
2008-04-06, 05:02 PM
...Now I'm sad because you all are leaving before I had the chance to get to know you...

Sneak
2008-04-06, 05:02 PM
...Now I'm sad because you all are leaving before I had the chance to get to know you...

Bye. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2008-04-06, 05:04 PM
How many people declared they were leaving in this last fortnight?

banjo1985
2008-04-06, 05:07 PM
I believe it's 4 now, and another two threatening to do so.

What is happening to this place? :smallfrown:

Sneak
2008-04-06, 05:08 PM

...spring cleaning? :smalltongue:

Okay, okay, that was in bad taste. I apologize.

I really will miss all of you.

Skippy
2008-04-06, 08:51 PM
. . .

*sigh*

DON'T. SAY. THAT.

This forum is great. I've met some of my most awesome friends here. The forum wouldn't be the same without you, Curly. Rogue, the same goes to you too. Don't leave!!!

*Hugs Curly and Rogue*

Serpentine
2008-04-06, 09:08 PM
Curly, if you leave, I leave too.:smallfrown:D= :eek: :frown:

Szilard
2008-04-06, 09:15 PM
And another one bites the dust!:smallfrown:

zeratul
2008-04-06, 09:36 PM
Some have been leaving recently but many have come back. We thought dragonprime and cobra would be gone for a long time too, but they came back. Hopefully you folks will come home too once you can. Til then, it's been nice knowing you bath, and all other leaving.

Mordokai
2008-04-07, 01:25 AM
You will be missed Bath, really, you will. Not just because of all the avatars you made, but because of the silliness and fun you produced. I hardly knew you, but I will miss you. I just hope you'll get back, sooner or later. Rather sooner :smallsmile:

Quincunx
2008-04-07, 02:30 AM

Exam results. Most of you are on the same schedule of life, y'know, this isn't an epidemic of unplanned & teen pregnancy. I'm starting the betting pool at evens for "by the end of the month" for the first two to leave, "end of May" for the third, and "between three months and six" for Dr. Bath, who had an extended absence previously.

Castaras
2008-04-07, 02:44 AM
Exam results. Most of you are on the same schedule of life, y'know, this isn't an epidemic of unplanned & teen pregnancy. I'm starting the betting pool at evens for "by the end of the month" for the first two to leave, "end of May" for the third, and "between three months and six" for Dr. Bath, who had an extended absence previously.

Very true.

This would be another of the reasons why I've been fading from these forums. Semi-lurking is quite fun, actually. =)

Another reason is in my signature, but yeah. I'll stay quiet about that particular addiction. <.< >.>

G'luck Vespe. I *will* poke you repeatedly on Xfire. Be warned.

Saturn, best wishes. Didn't know you that well, but what little I saw of you was awesome.

Bath, g'luck. You may find your dukedom in UG has been taken over when you come back. Hell, UG might have actually finished by then. Which would be pretty amazing. :smallwink:

And to anyone else who has left and I didn't really know that well: Sorry I didn't get to know you. G'luck in the world of that beast named Real Life.

Curly (+ Roguey): You would be missed by many many people. If you leave, I will hunt you down and drag you kicking and screaming back to these forums. Be warned...:smallamused:

*cough*

*restarts the lurkmobile*

*...*

*kicks the lurkmobile*

Psst...can anyone help me jumpstart this thing?

phoenixineohp
2008-04-07, 11:49 PM
D= :eek: :frown:

I second that!

Good bye to those leaving. May you come back and come back soon.

To those staying, if you attempt to go, violent force will be applied. To you. :smallannoyed:

B-Man
2008-04-11, 10:08 PM
This isn't so much "So long", as it is more or less a temporary leave of absence. As some of you are aware, RL has rendered me internetless for a while as I'm looking for a place to live close to my new job. My hours do not allow me to use the public library computers as I am working the graveyard shifts for my first three months.

It's incredibly frustrating that I don't have an internet connection secured for the next little while, but what can I say.

Here's to not dying of boredom on the otherside and hoping the leave isn't long.

*raises a mug of coffee and downs it*

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-11, 10:11 PM
*hugs B*

...you will be missed. *snuggles*

Nychta
2008-04-12, 05:28 AM
Curly and Roguey:

Look, I've just come to these forums, and I'm constantly struck by how witty and kind you are. Of course, I'm sorry for everyone else who's leaving, but if we have a chance to persuade you to stay, I'm taking it. There were a few people who really stood out in this forum when I first started, and you were two of them. You're just... iconic? I'm not sure whether that's the right word. Just don't deprive us of your presence. Please.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-04-12, 05:18 PM
ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE LEAVING!

Now who will we all aspire to pretend to be like? Bath, Vespe, Saturn, possibly Curly, the other people who are far too cool! Gah!

..... G'bye, guys. See ya 'round, sometime, eh? You bring the drinks.

Oh well. Things have a way of coming back again.

Mr. Moon
2008-04-12, 05:30 PM
Awww... By B-Man. Good luck finding a home!

Gem Flower
2008-04-12, 06:24 PM
*sniff sniff* WHY ARE ALL THE AWESOME PEOPLE LEAVING?????? :smallfurious::smallmad::smallfrown::frown:

Phase
2008-04-13, 09:04 PM
Now who will we all aspire to pretend to be like? Bath, Vespe, Saturn, possibly Curly, the other people who are far too cool! Gah!

You could all aspire to be like me!
<.<
>.>

But seriously, to all above, farewell...

Pyro
2008-04-13, 09:53 PM
ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE LEAVING!

I'm cool...aren't... I? *cries* :smalltongue:

Wow a lot of people are leaving and that makes me sad. Goodbye Bath, Curly, Rogue (maybe), and everyone else.

On a related note, since this thread sprang up, a lot more people have left. A connection? I think so!

Volug
2008-04-15, 09:51 PM
Sorry to break the trend:smalltongue:

But it's time one of those minor forum go-er's decides to take a leave of absence, eh?

So, my continued posting here will pretty much reflect that, yep, leaving, bye.

Don't know why, but I just feel like I should, not like I'll be missed or anything anyways:smallbiggrin:

P.S. I WILL still be on, but I won't be posting hardly at all, only on HALO threads when something is happening. Otherwise, cya later:smallwink:

Madmal
2008-04-15, 10:00 PM
Bah. What's with all the people leaving?

some of us just keep a low profile now.

Zakama
2008-04-15, 10:01 PM
NO!
NONONONONONONONO MAS DON'T LEAVE! :furious:

Nychta
2008-04-16, 02:33 AM
NO!
NONONONONONONONO MAS DON'T LEAVE! :furious:

Seconded. This thread should come with a supply of duct tape, so we can tape unsuspecting leavers down.

banjo1985
2008-04-16, 03:14 AM
Gah Masato, you're not a minor forum goer!

*gives xNadia a roll of duct tape and advances on the red mage with his own*

Seriously though, it's good to know you're not completely disappearing. See you around.

The Bushranger
2008-04-16, 07:34 PM
No, I'm not leaving or anything, BUT I thought that y'all should know that due to work issues, De (DivaDe21) isn't going to be online nearly as much for the next two weeks.

:smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown:

Mr. Moon
2008-04-16, 08:23 PM
But... Masato... Who will lead HALO in their daring and cunning plots against AME...

See yas! ^_^ :smalltongue:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-16, 08:33 PM
Sorry to break the trend:smalltongue:

But it's time one of those minor forum go-er's decides to take a leave of absence, eh?

So, my continued posting here will pretty much reflect that, yep, leaving, bye.

Don't know why, but I just feel like I should, not like I'll be missed or anything anyways:smallbiggrin:

P.S. I WILL still be on, but I won't be posting hardly at all, only on HALO threads when something is happening. Otherwise, cya later:smallwink:

What? Gah! But I liked you!

*goes away to sulk*

Now how am I supposed to get everybody to break out the brain-acid? :smallfrown: :smallannoyed:

Gaelbert
2008-04-17, 10:08 PM
So, due to some RL events, it looks like I'm not going to be on this forum as much as I normally am. I'm going to finish up the games I'm in, finish judging the poetry competition, then probably either take a break for a litle bit, or just restrict my forum time to a little bit of SMBG lurking. I have no idea how long this will last, or if it will even happen at all, but I just wanted to get it off of my chest and out into the open.
And even though I will be coming back, I'd just like to say that I've met some amazing people on this forum. Keep on rocking, everyone!:smallcool:

Nychta
2008-04-20, 05:19 PM
So, due to some RL events, it looks like I'm not going to be on this forum as much as I normally am. I'm going to finish up the games I'm in, finish judging the poetry competition, then probably either take a break for a litle bit, or just restrict my forum time to a little bit of SMBG lurking. I have no idea how long this will last, or if it will even happen at all, but I just wanted to get it off of my chest and out into the open.
And even though I will be coming back, I'd just like to say that I've met some amazing people on this forum. Keep on rocking, everyone!:smallcool:

*twitchy-eye*

Almighty Salmon
2008-04-23, 01:28 PM
Huh, never thought i'd be posting in this thread. Well, not to say i'm leaving anyway.

Recently i've become bored of the playground. I feel that i've got nothing to do here anymore, it's all become stale, especially since people like Bath and Curly have left. Plus I have important exams coming up, yadda yadda yadda. I've met a lot of awesome people here and hopefully i'll keep in contact with you guys over msn.

Take care!

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-23, 01:30 PM
Huh, never thought i'd be posting in this thread. Well, not to say i'm leaving anyway.

Recently i've become bored of the playground. I feel that i've got nothing to do here anymore, it's all become stale, especially since people like Bath and Curly have left. Plus I have important exams coming up, yadda yadda yadda. I've met a lot of awesome people here and hopefully i'll keep in contact with you guys over msn.

Take care!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That is all.

FoE
2008-04-23, 01:30 PM
Aw, too bad. Well, nice knowing you, Salmon. :smallsmile:

Mordokai
2008-04-23, 01:32 PM
You'll be back Fishy. They all come back, you will too :smallsmile:

In the mean time, have a nice life.

Haruki-kun
2008-04-23, 02:08 PM

Well, I can't say I didn't see it coming.......

Good-bye, my fishy brother.

DraPrime
2008-04-23, 02:24 PM
Goodbye people. For real this time.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-23, 02:29 PM
Damn it, stop leaving, people!

*hugs*

...you will be missed.

zeratul
2008-04-23, 02:37 PM
Goodbye salmon. Check back here some time, and if you regain interest you should start posting again. Also Dragon, If you're leaving, I wish you well, and your metal knowledge, and good posts will be missed. *huggles for those leaving*

CurlyKitGirl
2008-04-23, 02:52 PM
FIshy, you leave and Roguey'll come to your house and thief away your stuff until you come back.
And I'm coming with her.

Seriously; don't leave. I'm still here. I was blackmailed into staying. Guess it'll work on you too.

But I will allow you a leave of absence until . . . 25th of June I believe. For exams.

Speaking of which: I may or may not disappear for a week starting Monday and a few weeks starting 14th May.
Depeding on whether or not I feel like I need to drop this for exams. Doubt it though.

BRC
2008-04-23, 02:55 PM

Take care!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*Puts in fishbowl*
I'd like to see you leave NOW!

Ranna
2008-04-23, 02:55 PM
I hope your exams go well curly, keep popping on when you need a revision break.

DO IT!!!

North
2008-04-23, 03:40 PM

Take care!

Take a break from the site, lurk a while then come back. I didnt post much the last month because of real life drama, but the site sucks you back in. :smallwink: I dont think Ill ever be able to post a permanent good bye, I know after a while Ill keep coming back here.

FoE
2008-04-23, 03:43 PM
Well, I myself have been spending a little less time here, if only because I was so hooked on it at the start. But I doubt I'll ever leave permanently. Too many friends here, too much still to do.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-23, 05:39 PM
Well, I myself have been spending a little less time here, if only because I was so hooked on it at the start. But I doubt I'll ever leave permanently. Too many friends here, too much still to do.

Quoted for truth. That descdribes me to a T.

Dihan
2008-04-23, 05:57 PM
This wouldn't happen if everyone just lurked a bit more.

Raiser Blade
2008-04-23, 06:20 PM
I think at the least I will always lurk here. I could never leave for good.

Mordokai
2008-04-24, 01:51 AM
Yeah, this place does seem to have that kind of effect on people :smallsmile:

Charity
2008-04-24, 02:40 AM
*lurk lurk*

banjo1985
2008-04-24, 03:40 AM
*sniffs*

Bye Fishy, hope things go well for you, you'll storm those exams I'm sure! Sorry to see you go, you've been very popular here since I joined and I for one will genuinely miss you.

Bye too Dragonprime....again :smalltongue:

I too don't think I'll ever leave here properly, even if I just turn up once a week to annoy some old friends...you know who you are :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2008-04-24, 06:40 AM
First of all, I'm not leaving. A friend of mine figured out my password and thought it would be funny to say that I'm leaving. This prime cut of dragon is here to stay.

Phase
2008-04-24, 07:58 PM
First of all, I'm not leaving. A friend of mine figured out my password and thought it would be funny to say that I'm leaving. This prime cut of dragon is here to stay.

Good to hear, I hope you changed your password...

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-25, 09:58 AM
Yeah, considering it hasn't really been to much fun here recently, goodbye. Or, at any rate, I'm still here, just lurking.
I'd like to direct you all to my farewell speech on the second page.

See ya'.

DraPrime
2008-04-26, 08:41 AM
Bye Shas'aia!

Chunklets
2008-04-28, 10:58 PM
Well, it's archaeology time again, so I'll be away for a couple of months! Have fun, everyone, and I'll "see" you in July.

Zar Peter
2008-04-29, 05:28 AM
Have fun digging. Hope you find something interesting.

Jae
2008-04-29, 07:42 PM
So, I was thinkin, Im pretty controversial and not like many people on this forum (exception of CSK, 'course) and I should probably errr remove myself or something like that.

Actually idk. ill probably still lurk, or maybe Im lying and Ill post something tommorow because sometimes I do that. but in this exact moment I feel like leaving and if I do go through with it Im the kind of person who will leave and not say a word. so here are some words, if im sticking to them or not. guess we'll find out, right?

just idk. i dont know if i have the time. Im so damn exhausted anymore, probably not even related to time but im shifting the blame.

sorry. or, not sorry i suppose, if you dont like me. Ciao either way.

zeratul
2008-04-29, 08:05 PM
Goodbye if you're leaving Jae. T'was fun having you around.

Jae
2008-04-30, 06:49 PM
Changed my mind.
what else is new

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-30, 06:54 PM
Changed my mind.
what else is new

I'm glad. I'd have missed you. *hugs*

Zakama
2008-04-30, 11:23 PM
*Sits down, takes a drink of water*

This place is falling apart. Never leave me Cobra... *snuggle* :smallfrown:

FoE
2008-04-30, 11:24 PM
Hey Zakama, Ikari ...

GET A ROOM! :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2008-05-01, 06:09 AM
Hey Zakama, Ikari ...

GET A ROOM! :smalltongue:

Which you no doubt will by spying on.

Zakama
2008-05-01, 04:01 PM
:smallyuk: Sickos.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-01, 04:03 PM
...you guys are so mean!

That's it, I'm leaving! :smallmad: No, not really. :P

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-01, 05:28 PM
Pfft. I've decided to come back and lurk. Yay!

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-02, 01:51 AM
...you guys are so mean!

That's it, I'm leaving! :smallmad: No, not really. :P

::whimpers::
Nooooooooo~

You aren't really leaving, right? :smalltongue:

Edit: Woah. I totally missed the white text.

DraPrime
2008-05-02, 06:48 AM
Pfft. I've decided to come back and lurk. Yay!

Yay! The person that I vaguely knew is back!

Anglabbey
2008-05-02, 05:15 PM
Yay! Time for celebrations for the return of Jae and Shas'aia!

aberon1
2008-05-04, 02:50 AM
Hey all,

Originally, I stumbled upon this site looking for information on an RPG game. I looked around the site for more info and came across the SMBG area.

Well, that was a month ago, and since then I've had a great run of fun and silliness with you guys. But it's about that time. Yes, go buh-bye time. I've got some real life stuff to take care of which includes loss of internet for a while. So I may come back.

Thank you to everyone in GitP SMBG for being such good sports and tolerant of my tweaked sense of humour. I hope that I made some of you smile and even more laugh with/at me. If I insulted anyone or made anyone feel uncomfortable... too bad. :smalltongue: It was all in good fun, c'mon, nothing personal. I know that I'm a Ghost and only post on the SMBG area here, but I've lurked in some other parts of the forum. I still don't get most of the in-jokes or GitP gaming references, but after reading posts in other areas of the forums, it's nice to see that most people here are people with really real good hearts. But that doesn't change the fact that you're all nuts.

TPBM has no idea who aberon1 is but would like to wish him well... sorry, force of habit.

Thanks again for the tomfoolery and the surreal moments. Bye Exy.

aberon1 out.

Edit: Wouldja lookit that? I got a promotion. I have achieved my first and last official post count! First time out of the SMBG and I get a Pixie Badge. Eww.:smallamused:

Zar Peter
2008-05-04, 05:45 AM
Sorry to hear that, it was a pleasure to have you in the SMBG.
Hope you get your real live sorted out soon, the SMBG is waiting for people with a tweaked sense of humour. :smallbiggrin:

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-06, 10:40 AM
See ya' 'round Aberon.
I'll miss you. :smallfrown:

BanjoTheClown
2008-05-07, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone. I pretty much left about 2 months ago but now im finally back.
So whats new in the Playground?

Volug
2008-05-09, 09:29 PM
You were gone, Banjo..?
Wait... Wrong Banjo >_< Sorry!
Good to see you back anyways:smalltongue:

*slight notice*
With summer aproaching, which means end of the school year (YAY!). My posting will be... Alot...
Not exactly sure why I'm announcing this, but probably because I don't want to be called a lier because of my last post >_>

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-10, 10:04 AM
Yay! Masato returns! :smallbiggrin:

Zakama
2008-05-13, 10:09 PM
YES! Mas is back! :biggrin:

Vaynor
2008-05-14, 10:23 PM
I'll be gone for four days starting early tomorrow morning (until Sunday night). My grandmother died this morning and my family is flying out to Louisiana for the funeral, and there will be no internet (maybe for a short amount of time but I highly doubt it).

Gaelbert
2008-05-17, 12:49 AM
When the Iron Poet competition is over, I'm leaving. Probably for good. If for some reason you ever feel like talking to the failure that is me, PM me for my AIM or some sort of contact info. I'll be on and checking my PM box for a while before I go.

EvilElitest
2008-05-17, 12:56 AM
When the Iron Poet competition is over, I'm leaving. Probably for good.

good bye, sad to see you go
from
EE

Castaras
2008-05-17, 01:30 AM
When the Iron Poet competition is over, I'm leaving. Probably for good.

Aww... Another person I recognise and know leaving... :smallfrown:

Fair enough. G'luck mate.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-17, 09:43 PM
Cobra is moving into his new apartment tomorrow and will not have any internets until some time next week. I know, not really leaving, but I'm here like clockwork, so, I figured I'd let you know you'd have a few less hugs around for the next few days.

*snugglesnuggle*

...and since I love you all and I'm hella addicted to you guys, feel free to give me a call if I know your number. *looks at a select few people meaningfully* :smallamused:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-17, 10:22 PM
...and since I love you all and I'm hella addicted to you guys, feel free to give me a call if I know your number. *looks at a select few people meaningfully* :smallamused:
<<
>>

Oh. Is this directed at me?
Well, damn, I guess I'll have to call you :smalltongue:

Also, I'm leaving Tuesday morning to go to my Aunt's in Florida for the summer, and I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have..

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-18, 02:19 AM
I may not get the chance to say this on IM, but if I don't, have a nice Sumer (I hope you enjoy your trip as well).

A Rainy Knight
2008-05-18, 03:50 PM
Well, I really haven't posted on this forum for quite some time, and I've had many more things to do in that place they call "the real world." I suppose that now's the time to declare an end, hopefully temporary, to my posting. :smallfrown:

Everyone here is great, and I'm glad to have met so many of you. Who knows, maybe I'll be back eventually, maybe I'll be able to get back to posting regularly here. I'll try to post on here occasionally, but it's no guarantee. For now, I have to say goodbye to all of you. *reluctantly waves*

The Bushranger
2008-05-18, 04:59 PM
*hugs*
Hope to see you around, my friend.

The Orange Zergling
2008-05-18, 06:00 PM
Starting Tuesday morning, I'll be gone until the 27th of May, due to going to San Fransisco. :smallsmile: The last you'll hear of me would probably be tomorrow night, as I'll have little time in the morning. So, cya then.

Neon Knight
2008-05-27, 07:59 AM
Well, I'm headed off to basic training at scenic Fort Benning, Georgia. For a little under/over 4months, I'm not going to be able to post or read.

I'm gonna miss you guys. This community is one of the best I've found on the web, and several of the members never fail to impress me with their thoughts and ideas.

So farewell, Playground. You guys have taught me alot, some useful, some not. But I wouldn't take back the time I've spent here for nearly anything.

skywalker
2008-05-28, 01:02 PM
Well, I'm headed off to basic training at scenic Fort Benning, Georgia. For a little under/over 4months, I'm not going to be able to post or read.

I'm gonna miss you guys. This community is one of the best I've found on the web, and several of the members never fail to impress me with their thoughts and ideas.

So farewell, Playground. You guys have taught me alot, some useful, some not. But I wouldn't take back the time I've spent here for nearly anything.Stay sharp, stay safe, and be sure to come back and tell us how it went. You'll be missed by me, at the very least.

LBO
2008-06-12, 06:13 AM
Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

See you all in three months.

Zakama
2008-06-15, 11:10 PM
Well, I'll be gone for a week, coming back next Sunday. After that, I'm not sure if I'll come back right away. I may take a little break from GitP, as I've become a little disenchanted with these boards. We'll see how things are when I get back. You're all (well, most of you) awesome people, so it's not you, it's me. :smallwink:

Later!