PDA

View Full Version : Very Early age rocket

Kiren
2008-01-06, 01:03 PM
For one of my characters im looking for a early form of a rocket. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Enlong
2008-01-06, 04:37 PM
I hear salami makes good fuel.

I kid, I kid. I don't know where you can get rules for rockets, but maybe there's something in D20 modern, or you could just homebrew it.

Kiren
2008-01-06, 11:36 PM
I hear salami makes good fuel.

I kid, I kid. I don't know where you can get rules for rockets, but maybe there's something in D20 modern, or you could just homebrew it.

Alright thanks

SilentNight
2008-01-06, 11:40 PM
If you're in FR you could use blast powder for fuel. And if you get really desperate then you could try nailed to the sky from the Epic level handbook. But in my opinion that's just stupid.

Maldraugedhen
2008-01-07, 12:00 AM
Hey, Nailed to the Sky is awesome (maybe not specifically for this, but in general). Especially when combined with traps.

So, for the homebrew end of things, do you want tech-based rocket, or magic-based? I would assume tech-based, otherwise, a spell would be really really easy to slap together. Probably would be pretty low-level, too, for a basic rocket.

SilentNight
2008-01-07, 09:37 AM
Hey, Nailed to the Sky is awesome (maybe not specifically for this, but in general). Especially when combined with traps.

No, no, no, you misunderstand. I love nailed to the sky but to willingly cast on it yourself to get into space is just stupid.

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-07, 09:56 AM
You need the following to build a magi-tech rocket:

An item that casts Teleport at CL 20 as a move action. A bottle of air. A metal cylinder. An item of perpetual Heat Metal attached to the metal cylinder. Endure Elements cast on all 'astronauts'.

Step 1: Cast Endure Elements on astronauts.
Step 2: Use Teleport to reach space.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit?

Necromas
2008-01-07, 11:25 AM
I'd suggest finding a magic item to emulate.

Find a spell you like that simulates a rocket, figure out what a wand/scroll/magic item that can cast it would cost, but make it a rocket/rocket launcher/whatever and substitute use magic device for a craft/knowledge/profession check.

Hazkali
2008-01-07, 11:50 AM
Is this for one of your own characters, or for one of your players' characters? If the latter, then feel free to make up whatever crazy device you feel would work. Pull together some simple rules (maybe ripped from d20 modern) and see where that leads. Of course, unless it's integral to the plot and benefits all players equally, the controlling player(s) should have to pay for it out of his/their character wealth.

If it's for your own campaign, ask the DM to do the above.

Who says homebrew needs to be complicated?