PDA

View Full Version : A Gamer's Manifesto. What do you think

EvilElitest
2008-01-06, 02:49 PM
Found this, do you agree, disagree or what? Warning cursing
http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/manifesto.html

My option

1. Oh gods yes please
2. Thinking out side the box? Oh it will destroy the gaming world (really Assiasn's creed could have been even better i think.)
3. Hehehe
4. Meh, blood and nudity are already a little annoying, but i want to play a evil character. Not a run around killing random people evil, i want to play a corrupt dictator's second in command, a corrupt business man, a despotic enforcer, a real evil necromancer, a realistic facist or something
5. Heresy. Gamers need giant boobs to keep our willingness to play going
6. Thank you
7. I read Animal farm while waiting through Fable's loading times bit by bit
8. Realistic NPCs? No such thing
9. At least let us paint on the invisible walls
10. This one is improving
11. Voice actors could sell games, but we never get any good ones
12. Really dudes, the maps, stealth levels, and end levels just are no longer even fun
13. WFT? In resident evil four they send a super agent with a single pistol into a deserted and dangerous zombie filled area to rescue the president's daughter?
14. Has anyone ever seen a crate break in one hit? Anyone no?
15. That would be amazing
16. Can't say
17. To be fair on this one, they should have show the sales of Xbox 360 vs. PS3, vs. Wii
18. Not option
19. Nothing is more out of place than really weird jumping in a shooting game
20. Don't care

What do you think?
from
EE

Leper_Kahn
2008-01-06, 03:23 PM
This was hilarious... That is all.

Triaxx
2008-01-06, 04:23 PM
What do I think? That it hasn't changed since before they came out. Do I disagree? No.

Yes, most crates go down in one hit with rockets.

EvilElitest
2008-01-07, 08:54 PM
What do I think? That it hasn't changed since before they came out. Do I disagree? No.

Yes, most crates go down in one hit with rockets.

wait what?
from
EE

Zukhramm
2008-01-09, 11:26 AM
I definitly desagree with him on point 6. I'd say point 7 is the most important. I think anything above something like 3 seconds is too long.

Not a Paladin
2008-01-10, 01:44 AM
All right, here's my opinions:

1. This must come to pass. Full stop.
2. You know, I think that'd be a great idea. Good thing the Wii is geared for those types of games.
3. If anyone in any game company's marketing staff is reading this, then take note: This is important.
4. I couldn't care less.
5. Sadly, there is a million to one chance of this catching on. No, I mean an actual million to one chance.
6. All video games should do this. There is no reason not to. Heck, there was almost no reason not to do this in the first place. Bold text really captures your attention.
7. If the loading screen could be done away with completely, it would be a very good thing. Sadly, as there is no way to do this with discs, we'll just have to settle for disguised loading screens at best. Loading areas and the like during cutscenes or during actual gameplay would be nice too.
8. I dunno about this one.
9. Agreed. They should at least make an effort to make things look unreachable or something.
10. Very yes. If I can't get through a barrier with what my characters have then I at least want a good excuse. "This door is locked" doesn't count.
11. Another one I agree with completely. Especially the part about camera angles.
12. See above. Except replace "camera angles" with "arbitrary triggers".
13. Yes. This must happen. I don't want any governments in any games expecting you to save the world or anything with say, a butterknife and a pot lid to your name.
14. What? Crates are a vital part of gaming as it is today! Seriously, though, crates aren't so bad, so long as they're put in logical places.
15. If only it were so...
16. Yes. If developers are releasing games, they should at least finish them instead of trying to cheat us with a buggy "product" that's full of glitches that you need online support for. And if you do, at least make sure that reprints of the game come with all patches released prior. I'm looking at you, World of Warcraft.
17. It's not gonna work.
18. This isn't too much of an issue yet. Maybe I'll have an opinion later.
19. Just...make sure the jumping is well-implemented. That's one of the reasons why I like the Metroid Prime games. Those games are an example of how to do jumping puzzles in a first-person game without causing gamers to pull their hair out.
20. Whatever.

Dumbledore lives
2008-01-10, 02:45 AM
I agree with most of what was said, I doubt some of it can be changed or even matters that much. In the pictures at the bottom it looks like the Wii and the PS3 switched colors. I suppose this was made a while ago.

nooblade
2008-01-11, 01:29 PM
Shame that any change will occur slowly if at all. People go on buying these stupid games regardless of how disappointing they are.

Grimgnar
2008-01-12, 11:29 AM
16. Yes. If developers are releasing games, they should at least finish them instead of trying to cheat us with a buggy "product" that's full of glitches that you need online support for. And if you do, at least make sure that reprints of the game come with all patches released prior. I'm looking at you, World of Warcraft.

WoW having a **** ton of patches, thats no big deal. Its an online game where they reccomend high speed internet anyway. But not having the patches in reprints is ridiculous.

EvilElitest
2008-01-12, 11:39 AM
Shame that any change will occur slowly if at all. People go on buying these stupid games regardless of how disappointing they are.

says something about the consumers doesn't it?
from
EE

JessSoccer
2008-01-12, 12:16 PM
What actually caught my eye above everything else, is in #20 the Wii is Black. I WANT A BLACK Wii!!!!

EvilElitest
2008-01-12, 11:53 PM
What actually caught my eye above everything else, is in #20 the Wii is Black. I WANT A BLACK Wii!!!!

I want a purple one

What

really i think a green one would be cool
from
EE