PDA

View Full Version : Gandalf vs Goku

Jinura
2008-01-06, 03:17 PM
Who would win?

Zordrath
2008-01-06, 03:26 PM
Goku would be killed by Gandalf, then Gohan kills Gandalf. In the afterlife, Goku trains for the moment Gandalf returns as Gandalf the White, then return for one day, fusing with Vegeta to utterly destroy Gandalf.

Or something.

Mr. Scaly
2008-01-06, 03:26 PM
At what point in the series is Goku at for this fight?

Haruki-kun
2008-01-06, 03:29 PM
I think Goku wins. I mean, come on......... Gandalf is slow. Goku kills him before Gandalf even realizes he's fighting.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-06, 03:33 PM
We still haven't got a fix on Gandalf's power level, yet; for all we know it could be over nine-thousaaaaaaaand!

What?! Nine thousand!?

Sorry, but that joke must, by law, be brought up whenever anyone mentions anything even remotely DBZ/power level related.

XiaoTie
2008-01-06, 03:37 PM
Goku would be killed by Gandalf, then Gohan kills Gandalf. In the afterlife, Goku trains for the moment Gandalf returns as Gandalf the White, then return for one day, fusing with Vegeta to utterly destroy Gandalf.

Or something.

I think this thread should be over after this, and the OVER NINE THOUSAND jokes.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-06, 03:57 PM
There are other ones, Xiao. Just watch me.

It doesn't make a bit of difference guys; Saruman's staff is inert.

I hope Gandalf's body can take it!

See, I can shoehorn generic words into catch-phrases with the best of 'em.

SurlySeraph
2008-01-06, 04:59 PM
Goku. Going by demonstrated abilities alone, Gandalf cannot blow up planets by punching them. Goku can.

Of course, the most probable outcome is that Gandalf uses Goku's incredible gullibility and trust to manipulate him into working for him, but in a straight-up fight Gandalf would get vaporized.

GoC
2008-01-06, 05:34 PM
Are you joking?:smallconfused:

XiaoTie
2008-01-06, 05:40 PM
There are other ones, Xiao. Just watch me.

See, I can shoehorn generic words into catch-phrases with the best of 'em.

But can he take it OVER NINE THOUSAND of them ?

I know, that one sucked. Hard.

Dorizzit
2008-01-06, 09:42 PM
Gandalf. Why? Goku is a lackluster, shallow moron without depth or character. Gandalf could defeat Goku merely by offering him food, and then annihilating him when his back was turned.

Mr. Scaly
2008-01-06, 09:52 PM
Gandalf. Why? Goku is an lackluster, shallow moron without depth or character. Gandalf could defeat Goku merely by offering him food, and then annihilating him when his back was turned.

Setting aside the lackluster and shallow part, that's a good point. But does Gandalf really have the power to kill him if given the chance? What does the Silmarilian say about Gandalf's power?

thubby
2008-01-07, 02:08 AM
Gandalf. Why? Goku is an lackluster, shallow moron without depth or character. Gandalf could defeat Goku merely by offering him food, and then annihilating him when his back was turned.

goku can take hits that would destroy mountain ranges unscathed (and thats not the worst thats happened), what can gandalf hit him with that even compares to that?

North
2008-01-07, 02:10 AM
Gandalf and Goku fuse into GankU.

All rogues spontaneously die.

Eita
2008-01-07, 02:16 AM
I would watch it.

Icewalker
2008-01-07, 02:37 AM
The power levels of the two worlds are on different scales. Goku wipes the floor with Gandalf.

This is of course in a direct fight. Usually is it preferred that the OP says something more about the situation. Not just 'who would win' but the circumstances and the like. Gandalf could easily trick Goku into joining him and then getting himself killed if he wanted to, but in an actual fight? No contest.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-07, 07:08 AM
Remember, Goku would have to spend a few years powering up. I'm sure Gandalf could think of something during that time.

Jinura
2008-01-07, 08:13 AM
Goku is about when he battled Nappa.

Mr. Scaly
2008-01-07, 08:24 AM
So his power level is over 9000 then... (resist urge to make jokes) My money is still on Goku then. By that time he could deliver and block attacks that would tear up whole cities in an instant.

Xefas
2008-01-07, 08:32 AM
So his power level is over 9000 then... (resist urge to make jokes) My money is still on Goku then. By that time he could deliver and block attacks that would tear up whole cities in an instant.

Yeah, considering Raditz, who had a power level of closer to 900 could move faster than the speed of light (at least, that's what they say in the show, I believe), I think Goku has this one.

Not to mention that, after beating Nappa, he goes on to prove he's more powerful than Vegeta, who could already effortless destroy planets with a single blast at that point in time, and demonstrates as such in a prior episode.

So, the fight starts, and Goku destroys Middle Earth. In a few seconds. The End.

The Extinguisher
2008-01-07, 08:35 AM
Goku.
He powers up to Super Sayain 3. That not strong enough? Then Super Sayain 4. Still too weak? Five. Six. Ad. Infinitum.

Or, conversely, Gandalf walks over while Goku is in the middle of powering up and blasts his head off.

Xefas
2008-01-07, 08:41 AM
Goku.
He powers up to Super Sayain 3. That not strong enough? Then Super Sayain 4. Still too weak? Five. Six. Ad. Infinitum.

Or, conversely, Gandalf walks over while Goku is in the middle of powering up and blasts his head off.

Actually, the original poster specified a point in time before he became a Super Saiyan at all.

Also, what exactly would Gandalf blast his head off with? Goku takes hits to the face with the power to destroy planets on a regular basis and doesn't so much as have a broken nose. Goku could be asleep, and being hit over the head with the entirety of Middle Earth used as a bludgeoning weapon, and not be effected in the least.

This comparison is on the scale of "Who would win, the Imperium of Man, or a drunken kitten with no legs whose already on fire?"

GoC
2008-01-07, 09:59 AM
Agreed.
Goku could probably even beat Sauron if ki blasts affect ethereal creatures.

Jinura
2008-01-07, 10:34 AM
Forgot to add: Goku is a good-hearted moron like always

WarriorTribble
2008-01-07, 11:23 AM
Out of curiousity, does Gandalf have the ability to mentally dominate somebody? Cause that's the only way I see him winning.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-01-07, 12:10 PM
You know, originally it was over eight thousand. Think about THAT.

obvious pun
2008-01-07, 02:25 PM
This comparison is on the scale of "Who would win, the Imperium of Man, or a drunken kitten with no legs whose already on fire?"

drunk-fire kitten ftw.

But as for goku vs. gandalf, goku wins. After 7 episodes of powering up. It's like the old saying goes "How many dbz characters does it take to screw in a light bulb? One, but it takes six episodes."

There's a reason it's called drag-on ball.

dehro
2008-01-07, 04:11 PM
why not a pogo stick Vs a teapot in an algebra contest?
these topics are getting out of hand. they should be putting foes against each other that have at least a little bit of common ground, similar powers and or nature..
this contest makes no sense whatsoever.

Darken Rahl
2008-01-07, 04:35 PM
The vs. threads which include DBZ characters always remind my why I hate DBZ so much.

SurlySeraph
2008-01-07, 09:13 PM

*clears throat*
Though they don't specifically say so in canon, it's strongly implied that the kitten-flames are a stable and unbounded portal to the Warp. Therefore the kitten can start spewing daemons from its whiskers. The kitten definitely wins as soon as the Chaos Gods start to push his way out, since now the Emperor is too weak to fight them.

See how easy it is to argue for even the most ridiculous of positions? You just have to pretend that characters can control things from each other's universes.

Ozymandias
2008-01-08, 12:24 AM
Goku would win, because he's a top-tier character.

Wait, this is Final Destination, no items, right?

In all seriousness it depends on the scope of Gandalf's incorporeal magical effects (didn't he rely on his sword a lot? If so, he's toast) or who gets the first hit (if it's Goku). Goku's 'simple' nature could be exploited, though.

Eita
2008-01-08, 01:19 AM
He relies on his sword because he cannot use his true power (hint: It's over 9000) in Middle-Earth.

Twin2
2008-01-08, 01:29 AM
Wait, this is Final Destination, no items, right?

No it's pokefloats with homerun bats, and bumpers.

obvious pun
2008-01-10, 06:47 PM
why not a pogo stick Vs a teapot in an algebra contest?

Pogo stick ftw. Also, since it's so good at algebra, it has been rechristened "algebraic pogo stick". But now that brings up the question "who would win, drunk-fire kitten, or algebraic pogo stick?"

Hmmm... it appears that in my rambling I actually made a point at how ridiculous vs. threads are/can be. Anyway, I have rethought my opinion on the fight.

Gandalf and Goku appear out of nowhere next to each other. Having no reason to fight each other, they quietly leave without battling, saving the lives of many a catgirl. They then return to their own realities, and start posting their opinions on the drunk-fire kitten vs. algebraic pogo stick thread. Don't ask how Gandalf got on the internet, the catgirls will thank you.

By the way, my money is on algebraic pogo stick :smallwink:

hylian chozo
2008-01-10, 07:54 PM
I really don't understand why these threads like to pit characters against each other that both fight for the side of good. This is almost worse than Link teaming up with Sepheroth, I mean come on. Gandalf and Goku find that they have no conceivable reason to fight except for a sparring match in which Goku would most likely kill Gandolf accidentally anyway.

Mr. Scaly
2008-01-10, 09:52 PM
I really don't understand why these threads like to pit characters against each other that both fight for the side of good. This is almost worse than Link teaming up with Sepheroth, I mean come on. Gandalf and Goku find that they have no conceivable reason to fight except for a sparring match in which Goku would most likely kill Gandolf accidentally anyway.

Because we're all trying to irritate you. :smallbiggrin: Or, because it just happens sometimes.

Squidmaster
2008-01-11, 12:44 AM
Gandalf would trick Goku into killing himself, or just trick him into doing Gandalf bidding until he dies

(This is what happens when you pit a relatively weaker, smarter person against an invincible god slaying tank who was tragically born without a brain, even if brainless boy does have a power level of OVER 9000)

Rowanomicon
2008-01-11, 05:38 PM
I've finally decided what would happen.

They appear next to each other in a hollywood studio (so that the battle may be filmed for our enjoyment, plus it's neutral ground...ish).

Goku says something, anything, doesn't matter.

Gandalf grabs him by the ear and drags him over to the filming of an All-Bran commercial (with William Shatner) because Gandalf cares for all beings and wishes to help Golu cure his terrible contipation.

William Shatner screams "KHAAAN!"