PDA

View Full Version : A question about demiliches

WrstDmEvr
2008-01-06, 04:42 PM
If somebody made a kobold demilich, what size would it be? The SRD has no mention of what Small liches become.

SurlySeraph
2008-01-06, 05:09 PM
Fine, I presume, since it's the next category down.

Inyssius Tor
2008-01-06, 05:46 PM
I'd say just Diminutive--you may have a -2 to con, but most of your bones are still larger than a mosquito.

Irreverent Fool
2008-01-06, 10:54 PM
I think Inyssius Tor hit the nail on the head, so to speak. A kobold's head size is much larger in proportion to it's body than a human's. While it may be smaller than a human's head, I don't think the difference would be significant enough to warrant a difference in size category. Even a halfling skull would probably fall into the same 'diminutive' size category.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm

About halfway down the page is a listing of the size categories and what they represent. Hope it's helpful!

Worira
2008-01-06, 11:32 PM
Well, the average human skull is a bit over 8 inches, and the border between diminutive and fine is 6 inches. A halfling's skull should be about 4, then, since halfings are pretty much proportionate to humans. Kobolds do seem to have somewhat larger heads proportionally, but keep in mind that kobolds are quite a bit smaller than halflings: they're actually right on the border of being tiny. So I would say a kobold skull would most likely be Fine.

TheOOB
2008-01-07, 12:54 AM
A fine creature is 6 inches or less, and 1/8 a pound or less, we're talking grasshoppers and goldfish here, a kobolds skull is not that small.

Worira
2008-01-07, 03:38 PM
Yes, and the weight table makes no sense. Anything 6 inches in diameter is going to be more than 1/8 of a pound. So, since the weight and height are pretty much incompatible, you're going to have to pick one.