PDA

View Full Version : Demon Cult Adventure suggestions

HiddenDM
2008-01-06, 06:06 PM
My players will soon be entering a new city. In an attempt to add some intrigue to my game, I want them to uncover and destroy a demon cult. The cult will be made up of a handful of wealthy individuals in the city. The PCs have never been here and don't know anyone.

The problem is, I don't know how to go from the PCs being new arrivals, to seeing something that perks their interest enough to investigate, leading to foiling the cult and uncovering the plot info I have for them. I would idealy like for this adventure to take between a session and a session and a half. I'm looking for any suggestions about how to structure the adventure.

XiaoTie
2008-01-06, 06:44 PM
It may be a bit cliché, but how about the PCs arriving during the night, just in time to have a glimpse of:

A weird ritual: which ends as soon as the cult-folk see them

A kidnapping: with perhaps the PCs foiling the act and thus discovering the cult through the victim that explains to them what was happening, maybe ending up killed by the assailants while they escape, which could pin the victim death on the PCs

Hope that helped a bit :smallbiggrin:

Tren
2008-01-06, 08:42 PM
A lesser demon summoned by the cult could break free and run amok, until it's put down by the PC's who then decide to investigate where it came from.

Xuincherguixe
2008-01-06, 08:47 PM
How about the Demon Cult isn't actually evil.

I know you said destroy, but they might still be able to do that anyways :P

The really evil ones are the rest of the city. They just hide that really well to the outsiders.

Doresain
2008-01-07, 02:15 AM
or the demon cult already has a stranglehold on the city...they succeeded in summoning something really big and bad, and managed to take a good chunk of the city in one fell swoop...