PDA

View Full Version : American Gladiator!

ImperialGolem
2008-01-06, 10:24 PM
This show it quite amusing. It is literally guys (or gals) bashing each other up all to win $100,000. I love some of the gladiators, like HELLGA (the name just is for the win)!

It's decent. I'm going to keep on watching it.

Hawriel
2008-01-07, 02:48 AM
Huh thats aired already? Cant be much different from the one in the 90s. Exept Hulk Hogen is a commentator, thats cool.

Fuzzy_Juan
2008-01-07, 03:02 AM
We forgot to record it...so I will have to wait till tomorrow to see the next and download the premier...:smallfurious:

Hunter Noventa
2008-01-07, 07:43 AM
It was about as silly an entertaining as the original with a touch of 'reality tv' to it. I still remember watching it as a kid so I was all nostalgic.

Rare Pink Leech
2008-01-07, 09:35 AM
I'm not usually a fan of reality television, but I loved watching this show as a kid so I decided to give it a try last night. It's pretty much the exact same show, with the addition of a few new events. It's pretty entertaining stuff. I just wish they wouldn't talk so much. I can only take so many "interviews" filled with inane smack-talk before I get the urge to change the channel. Other than that, I enjoyed the premiere. I'll keep watching until this season ends, at least.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-01-07, 12:29 PM
My favorite gladiator was Wolf.

Swordguy
2008-01-07, 12:46 PM
It was a fun watch. I do wish there was less smack-talk. I don't recall that happening in the old show (I've been watching the reruns lately) - there seemed to be more respect between the gladiators and the contestants.

Felt bad for the USMC chick last night. Concussed and bloodied (badly) herself on the Eliminator and STILL almost caught up to the other chick.

QueenOfMemnoch
2008-01-07, 02:18 PM
There's a new series?
Ah, man, I remember watching it when I was, like, five.
Now that I think about that, no wonder none of the other girls wanted to come over to my house and play...
I'll have to catch the new one.

Fuzzy_Juan
2008-01-07, 05:03 PM
It was a fun watch. I do wish there was less smack-talk. I don't recall that happening in the old show (I've been watching the reruns lately) - there seemed to be more respect between the gladiators and the contestants.

Felt bad for the USMC chick last night. Concussed and bloodied (badly) herself on the Eliminator and STILL almost caught up to the other chick.

Yeah, caught the download this morning...that marine chick was tough, if she hadn't knocked herself silly in the water I bet she would have won.

And wtf was up with the injuries? man...what a messed up way to start the season.

Not sure if I am digging what they did to assault though...a slingshot? a complicated cannon? Hide and seek arrow with a very low barrier...wtf?

The eliminator...what sadistic freak put the handbike in the middle of the course?!?! it was hard enough when they had to do it fresh, now you make them climb the net, get dizzy, then try the handbike? :smalleek: no wonder they were exhausted at the treadmill...all that, and they still have the climb that huge pyramid...while soaked to the bone...man...brutal.

Too many people though probably think that it is easy, or not as hard as it looks...but even that pyramid...wet and tired, those squishy foam steps are not what you want to have to climb.

All in all, I like the new show...we haven't had a 'real' competition show like this on in a long time.

Rare Pink Leech
2008-01-07, 05:06 PM
Not sure if I am digging what they did to assault though...a slingshot? a complicated cannon? Hide and seek arrow with a very low barrier...wtf?

The eliminator...what sadistic freak put the handbike in the middle of the course?!?! it was hard enough when they had to do it fresh, now you make them climb the net, get dizzy, then try the handbike? :smalleek: no wonder they were exhausted at the treadmill...all that, and they still have the climb that huge pyramid...while soaked to the bone...man...brutal.

I might be mistaken, but I thought those two events are exactly the same as they were.

Fuzzy_Juan
2008-01-07, 05:38 PM
assault was 5 stations, then a race to the finish line if they didn't hit the bullseye. They had to dash all the way accross each time (no starting in the middle). First a crossbow (or pistol/rifle depending on the season), then the bazooka, then the cannon (which was preloaded and often prepositioned with a simple trigger), then a pistol (or crossbow depending on the season), then they had 2-3 balls to throw and then run or crawl back acros the areana and try and cross the finish line for the draw.

They didn't ever have to load any weapon, no looking for an arrow in a pit of sand...

Now the eliminator...it has varied form season to season...at some point they had the hand bike in the middle, but almost always it was right at the beginning as the 2nd obstical or 3rd. Check some old gladiator clips to see various incarnations of the eliminator...they used to have medicine balls/punching bags thrown at them while crossing a much smaller balance beam, and had to fight past a gladiator to get through the wall at the end...No matter how they mad the eliminator...it was always a sadistic test of strength and stamina...I just though that after so many problems with the handbike being in the middle in previous seasons, they wouldn't have it there for the new season...guess they wanted to be extra cruel...at least there are no gladiators in the final event...

Midnight Son
2008-01-07, 10:07 PM
I was feeling nostalgic, so I watched it. I helped me remember why I stopped watching after a couple seasons of the first AG when I was but a lad.

Too much over-acting and over-reacting. Just as with Pro-Wrestling. It might have been good...if the gladiators weren't such twits.

Give me a few rounds of UFC anyday.

Rama_Lei
2008-01-07, 11:19 PM
WolfXHelga=OTP

Fuzzy_Juan
2008-01-08, 05:39 AM
?

Please no gladiator shipping...:smalleek:

Paragon Badger
2008-01-08, 05:46 AM
I'd rather watch MXC. :smallamused:

On a plus note, there was a 3 to 2 ratio of swimsuit nipples compared to Fear Factor. :smallredface: