PDA

View Full Version : SoD: Tsukiko For the Gate, back-up plan

Alex Warlorn
2008-01-07, 08:18 PM
Redcloak hates the human race as a unified whole (seeing it as tick for toc) and likely loaths Tsukiko even more now if he hasn't been able to humiliate and/or kill her repeatedly.

Xykon likely doesn't remember her name half the time, if at all. And her death would likely be just another kill to starve off his constant boredom.

However, Tsukiko does have one practicle purpose.

She's the back-up plan if she gets strong enough.

She knows both arcane and divine magic. That's what's needed to turn the gate into a cannon you can aim at whatever plane of reality you wish.

If the Dark One makes a deal with whatever god Tsukiko serves, (likely Rat), Tsukiko can serve as an emergency stand in for Redcloak and Xykon, and perform the rituals in their stead.

Chrismith
2008-01-07, 08:50 PM
You should probably spoiler this topic.

Redcloak hates the human race as a unified whole (seeing it as tick for toc) and likely loaths Tsukiko even more now if he hasn't been able to humiliate and/or kill her repeatedly.

Xykon likely doesn't remember her name half the time, if at all. And her death would likely be just another kill to starve off his constant boredom.

However, Tsukiko does have one practicle purpose.

She's the back-up plan if she gets strong enough.

She knows both arcane and divine magic. That's what's needed to turn the gate into a cannon you can aim at whatever plane of reality you wish.

If the Dark One makes a deal with whatever god Tsukiko serves, (likely Rat), Tsukiko can serve as an emergency stand in for Redcloak and Xykon, and perform the rituals in their stead.

While I doubt that Tsukiko could complete the ritual by herself (I think you would actually need two casters, not just one who can cast both kinds of spells), she is interesting in that she can replace either Xykon or Redcloak in The Plan. Given the interaction and level of trust we see between Xykon and Redcloak in SoD, I doubt that either of them would think twice about doing away with the other if it came down to it.

factotum
2008-01-08, 03:18 AM
She couldn't replace Redcloak:

Redcloak is the only one with the knowledge of how to cast the gate unlocking rituals, and as far as we're aware he has NOT passed this knowledge on to Xykon.

Tempest Fennac
2008-01-08, 03:56 AM
In regards to the comment about Tsukiko becoming powerful enough, is there a chance that she's powerful enough at the minute?
After the battle for Lirian's Gate, RC reveals that he can't cast heal while being able to use Flame Strike, which tells us that he was on either level 9 or 10 at the time. Tsukiko appears to have 13 character levels with (presumably) 6 of those being Cleric and Wizard levels with the rest being MT levels, which suggest she has the same level of Divine Caster levels as RC when he could have first taken over a gate.

Icewalker
2008-01-08, 10:59 PM
Seems possible.
That is an interesting angle that I never thought of before...Tsukiko replacing Xykon...hmm. Then, there is the whole thing that happens in SoD with Xykon setting that mind trap in the MitD...that is sure to come up at some point.

Lord_Drayakir
2008-01-09, 02:15 AM
Well, as far as we know, the bad guys have access to the Book of Vile Darkness.

There's a very handy spell there called Mindrape. It does exactly what it's called- it basically allows the caster to pick through the target's mind, stealing, modifying, and adding memories.

Now, :redcloak: can't cast it on :xykon: because Xykon is undead- immunity to mind spells. However, :xykon: can cast it on :redcloak: So, he can pick the plan right out of :redcloak:'s stupid head.

Of course, the only problem is, since OotS is a comedy comic, I don't think Rich Burlew will a) do something that revolting, and b) it'd be too easy.

Still, Tsukiko and Xykon sitting in a tree,
S-U-M-M-O-N-I-N-G

hanzo66
2008-01-09, 05:40 AM
Of course, the only problem is, since OotS is a comedy comic, I don't think Rich Burlew will a) do something that revolting, and b) it'd be too easy.
Actually Start of Darkness shows that nothing is below Xykon. Likely he just never thought of the idea and/or knows of such possibility but decides it is more amusing/interesting this way.

Nargrakhan
2008-01-09, 10:41 AM
Hmmm...

Heh... if RC made Tsukiko a lich, you know she'd like it. :smalltongue:

However this whole train of thought is interesting. RC does plan ahead, and he doesn't like his present employer, as in so much as he NEEDS him and he's too powerful to remove at the moment.

Tsukiko with a little more experience would be a nice alternative.

However she and RC got off to a bad start... I doubt our cute asian goth is exactly liking the goblin right now... that and her "fetish" for the undead.

Tempest Fennac
2008-01-09, 11:06 AM
That is an interesting idea. I can't see RC doing it due to the fact that he would probably want to avoid creating another Xykon (he was easy enough to control to a degree initially, but he became a problem once he became a Lich).