PDA

View Full Version : WOW(World Of Warcraft)

wojonatior
2008-01-07, 08:22 PM
hey i recently got into world of warcraft and i decided to make a thread about it for just general discussion about it. post any stories character names experiences Etc. and if anybody cares im a troll rouge Lv. 22 on skywall and his name is cdromman(sorry if this is a repost)

Icewalker
2008-01-07, 08:34 PM
This ought to be in the gaming section. Which currently contains the World of Warcraft Thread II! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65779)(the first one got too long)

Winterwind
2008-01-07, 09:12 PM
Too long? :smallconfused:
I think the rule threads are allowed to grow only to a size of up to 50 pages applies only to the Play-By-Posts forum?

Syka
2008-01-07, 09:30 PM
I think the rule threads are allowed to grow only to a size of up to 50 pages applies only to the Play-By-Posts forum?

And to this forum. I don't know about others, but I've had to make two other incarnations of the Relationship Woes and Advice thread because of the 50 page limit.

Cheers,
Syka

Koreku
2008-01-07, 10:00 PM
I've played WoW for a year and half, had many experiences I'm too lazy to share, but the resulting effect was essentially that I quit because Lord of the Rings Online was waaaaay better.

Ego Slayer
2008-01-07, 10:01 PM
The rule applies to all forums.

v: That was pointed out already?

Metal Head
2008-01-07, 10:01 PM
*coughe*wrongpartoftheforums*cough*

EvilElitest
2008-01-07, 10:08 PM
I've played WoW for a year and half, had many experiences I'm too lazy to share, but the resulting effect was essentially that I quit because Lord of the Rings Online was waaaaay better.

Really, i recently left WOW
from
EE

Sneak
2008-01-07, 10:13 PM
The rule applies to all forums.

v: That was pointed out already?

I know this is kind of off topic and the thread doesn't really belong here or even need to exist, but I don't really know where else to say it since I don't think it warrants its own thread, so...

...if this rule applies to all forums, how can it technically be enforced? Can't people set the number of posts that they're browsers display per page? Doesn't this make it difficult to judge when a thread has reached 50 pages? For example, my settings are on default and the avatar request (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589&page=224) thread displays 224 pages for me, and it seems that there's no danger of a new thread being created. So...yeah, I was kinda just wondering about that.

I know on the old boards the 50 page rule could be accurately enforced on every thread, but I'm a little dubious as to how it works on the new ones.

wojonatior
2008-01-07, 10:14 PM
kay sorry about the wrong section thing :smallredface:

Ego Slayer
2008-01-07, 10:29 PM
I know this is kind of off topic and the thread doesn't really belong here or even need to exist, but I don't really know where else to say it since I don't think it warrants its own thread, so...

...if this rule applies to all forums, how can it technically be enforced? Can't people set the number of posts that they're browsers display per page? Doesn't this make it difficult to judge when a thread has reached 50 pages? For example, my settings are on default and the avatar request (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589&page=224) thread displays 224 pages for me, and it seems that there's no danger of a new thread being created. So...yeah, I was kinda just wondering about that.

I know on the old boards the 50 page rule could be accurately enforced on every thread, but I'm a little dubious as to how it works on the new ones.
I think it matters more what the Mods' settings are, which would be default... like most of us, I'd assume... so long as they know when a thread is up, it doesn't matter how many posts per page we see...?

I don't know why they let the request thread go, but I'd say that by now, it was intentional. :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2008-01-08, 03:50 AM
It was stated somewhere around the time of the forum software change that the 50 page limit was kind of a holdover from the old software and not really necessary any longer, but they were intending to try to continue the practice. For the purposes of "what is 50 pages?" the answer is 1500 posts.

Alarra
2008-01-08, 06:11 AM
As pointed out, there's already a WoW thread, and in the right section, whether it needs restarting for page count or no I don't know, but this thread isn't needed here in any case.