PDA

View Full Version : My Girlfriend Stabbed Me

TempusCCK
2008-01-07, 08:50 PM
Well... actually, my girlfriend's assassin stabbed my sorc/wiz hybrid. Basically what happened was another assassin died, one the the DM designed specifically to nullify my magic threat by including in her gear a Ring of Spell Reflection (Maximized Magic Missle, oW!).

Anyway, the assassin dies, and I go to loot her body. I don't know if my girlfriend was upset that I was trying to dishonor her friend or what, but she stabs me with some nasty poison and knocks me out. She heals me right after, but still... My character is not one to take such things lightly.

So... here's my plan for getting revenge. My character is going to Dominate her. I figure she's rogue 9/assassin 1, that's a +2 or 3 Will save mod, plus her... +1 or +2 in Wis... the DC for my Dominate will be... 20, or 22 if I cast a Fox's Cunning on myself beforehand. I figure she has anywhere between a 15 to 18% chance to make the save, rolling a 17 or 18 + on the save. Good odds for me.

So, I guess the point of all this, from being an interesting little story is... do you folks know any quick ways of ensuring the Domination will work... or... do you have another suitable option that will show her that my wizard does not appreciate being stabbed and will teach her not to do it again next time, without taking her out of the game at all/completely?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-01-07, 08:52 PM
I'd suggest getting a scroll of programmed amnesia or modify memory. Proceed to go wild.

Rachel Lorelei
2008-01-07, 08:53 PM
Dominating one's girlfriend is something for the bedroom, not for D&D (and only if she's into that).

Interparty rivalry is bad. Once the PCs start doing stuff to each other, the game disintegrates.

If you do do something, talk to her out of game about it first.

If you have to do something in character, limit it to snark, not providing buffs, etc.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-01-07, 08:54 PM
Unless you're playing a game purposefully geared to intraparty conflict, of course.

Riffington
2008-01-07, 08:55 PM
Get an item from the body you were looting. Say, a comb. Every so often, hold it up and say "damn that's a nice comb. Best purchase I ever made." Under no circumstances should you admit that it was looted from her friend's body.

Also, purchase a comfy couch.

Chronicled
2008-01-07, 08:56 PM
Dominating one's girlfriend is something for the bedroom, not for D&D.

Mind if I sig that? Or would you rather I included the parenthesis?

North
2008-01-07, 08:56 PM
Explosive Ruins!

Talya
2008-01-07, 08:57 PM
Unless you're playing a game purposefully geared to intraparty conflict, of course.

I'm running a decidedly "not good" swashbuckling campaign populated by brigands, power-mad wizards, pirates, assassins, and villains of all types. I started with the assumption that they were going to be at each others throats, and said all such things would be fine. So far, they haven't so much as stolen from each other. It's irritating...

North
2008-01-07, 08:59 PM
I'm running a decidedly "not good" swashbuckling campaign populated by brigands, power-mad wizards, pirates, assassins, and villains of all types. I started with the assumption that they were going to be at each others throats, and said all such things would be fine. So far, they haven't so much as stolen from each other. It's irritating...

Maybe put up reward money for only one of them?

TempusCCK
-I- personally could care less that she stabbed my character, since she brought him back to consciousness right away and it had little to no effect on the game. However, after some careful consideration, it would be entirely in the characters personality to be angry and seek a solution.

The idea with the dominate would be "You will not have an outburst like that again, you may proceed to act normally and even question my commands, other than you will not attack me again without my permission. I will have no more of this nonsense!"

Basically saying "I don't want to mess you up, but you're forcing my hand here by acting like a child" (which she really was)

Starsinger

Part of the fun is that it's not allowed. By allowing it you've taken away part of the fun, and where's the fun in that? :smalltongue:

Rachel Lorelei
2008-01-07, 09:05 PM
Mind if I sig that? Or would you rather I included the parenthesis?

If you're going to do it at all, include the parentheses--it's an important qualifier!

Chronicled
2008-01-07, 09:09 PM
Oh, I suppose. Even if it hurts the timing, it's still funny.

Epic_Wizard
2008-01-07, 09:21 PM
Yeah there are loads of things that you can do to her that are funnier (this shouldn't really be harmful or capricious) and much more fun for her to RP especially if she knows about them.

For example contaminate some of her gear with Troglodyte Musk and then use a spell on her so that only SHE can't smell it. Some sort of illusion would do the trick or possibly a suggestion that the stuff is perfume and she should wear it every day. Hilarity ensues and the musk could actually create a combat advantage. XD

Try for something along this theme. The real issue seems to be the humiliation that you experienced more than the fact that she stabbed you.

If you insist on the dominate angle the don't use it on her. Use it on someone else (preferably an NPC) and use them to place her in embarrassing situations. This does require a measure of your DM's cooperation though so know your DM before you say anything in case s/he is likely to tip off your girlfriend.

One last though would be to give her a pair of interesting footwear that function as boot of dancing and then tell her you will only help remove them if she apologizes (under a Zone of Truth).

Brawls
2008-01-07, 10:18 PM
You, my friend, are on a one way road to loneliness. If you are going to retaliate, make sure it is whimsical. Dominating her character will probably be perceived as pretty extreme. Unless you are certain she will not take it personnaly, I would suggest you find something less direct. Work with your DM on something appropriate. Maybe a suggestion spell that everytime she draws the weapon she stabbed you with, she gets an rush of remorse for attacking a friend unprovoked. The fact that the spell is Divine, lends plausible deniability that you were involved.

Dominating one's girlfriend is something for the bedroom, not for D&D (and only if she's into that).
Remember your safe word!

Brawls

dyslexicfaser
2008-01-07, 11:51 PM
will teach her not to do it again next time, without taking her out of the game at all/completely?

Or else it will teach her that nxt time she stabs you, she shouldn't heal you afterwards, but finish the job.

Of course, the initial stabbing was a pretty extreme reaction to begin with.

Orzel
2008-01-08, 12:17 AM
My wizard recently magically forced my friend's fighter to rub her feet after he broke her favorite crossbow-boot.

An ex's barbarian ate my animal cohort once. I polymorph her horse into a rat and threw it at an owlbear.

No one messes with my characters anymore.

Kompera
2008-01-08, 12:28 AM
I'm running a decidedly "not good" swashbuckling campaign populated by brigands, power-mad wizards, pirates, assassins, and villains of all types. I started with the assumption that they were going to be at each others throats, and said all such things would be fine. So far, they haven't so much as stolen from each other. It's irritating...The problem should be obvious. You have pirates, but not ninjas. You've got to have both to have a decent inter-party fun-fest of double crossing and betrayal.

Twin2
2008-01-08, 12:33 AM
I think you shouldn't go out of your way to outright hurt her as it'll just cause an escalation. That doesn't mean you can't not help her when she's in trouble and you could lend a hand, after all why help someone who has a history of playing pin the knife on the party member.

Kristoss
2008-01-08, 12:45 AM
I had a similar experience once.

We had just started the campaign I was playing an evil barbarian my friend was playing a necromancer and my girlfriend was playing some sort of half-orc warrior.
The game began and characters were interacting. Anyway her character started to irritate the rest of the party. The result of said interaction was the necromancer killed her character and my character decided to eat the corpse.

She didn't talk to me for a week.:smallfrown:

TempusCCK your probably better of having your character forget about it, even if that is meta gaming to a certain degree.

FoE
2008-01-08, 12:50 AM
So for looting her friend's corpse, she stabbed you and knocked you out, but healed you right after? Sounds like you're even. Leave it alone. What, are you drunk?

Rutee
2008-01-08, 12:54 AM
The problem should be obvious. You have pirates, but not ninjas. You've got to have both to have a decent inter-party fun-fest of double crossing and betrayal.

...That doesn't work either. Betrayal requires there to have once been trust, and ninjas and pirates never trust each other.

dyslexicfaser
2008-01-08, 03:16 AM
So for looting her friend's corpse, she stabbed you and knocked you out, but healed you right after? Sounds like you're even. Leave it alone. What, are you drunk?

Seriously. Sure, she almost killed you, but you got better! Why are you holding a grudge?

ShadowSiege
2008-01-08, 03:25 AM

From my experience, evil parties will stay tight knit unless a character is particularly annoying. Hasn't ever gotten to the point where any one of them could say "You've outlived your usefulness," and killed them in their sleep, though there was one party where the cleric was so obnoxious we would have killed him the next session, if the campaign hadn't randomly fallen apart. Then again, it was a railroad plot so it wasn't much fun anyway. We lived only at the whim of greater beings.

FoE
2008-01-08, 03:25 AM
Seriously. Sure, she almost killed you, but you got better! Why are you holding a grudge?

The operative phrase there is "you got better." He's not dead, he didn't lose any valuable resources, and she healed him afterwards. All she did was teach him a lesson for acting like a jerk, and if he was smart, he would take the lesson to heart. You think he should lose his girlfriend for the sake of some petty vengeance?

@V: The Snark has it right. Try to be funny about it.

The_Snark
2008-01-08, 03:27 AM
I don't have specific ideas, but as more general advice, I'll echo what some people have said... If you decide to retaliate, do it in a way that is humiliating for the character, but amusing for the players. Getting her character very drunk and proceeding to make a fool of the assassin would work, if she's playing along. If she's not playing along, your character is showing that he's holding a grudge IC, which satisfies realism, and it probably means that she doesn't want her character to be humiliated or attacked, which means attempting any further revenge wouldn't be a terribly good idea.

Your Dominate idea, I think, is not terribly funny. It might have been reasonable to do it right at the time (hard to hold anything when you've just stabbed someone), but now it might come across as if you resented this out-of-character.

TempusCCK
2008-01-08, 04:14 AM
I must apologize, for the sake of saving myself some time I did leave out some very important facts. One of them being that while my girlfriend likes the assassin, I'm not all that sure that she was really on our side, this campaign was full of all kinds of double agents and the like, anyone who has played this understands that it can get kind of complex.

She stabbed my character for looting the other characters body because there was a cleric we had recently saved nearby, and my girlfriend, in her ignorance, thought that I should have had the cleric cast a resurrect on her "friend" in the middle of a battle, before the guy bolted. After I explained to her that "Resurrect" is a spell that requires 5000 Gold worth of diamonds that in all likelyhood the Priest did not have... she got very very quiet.

Honestly, I believe for all intents and purposes, the Domination in the way I intend to use it would be better than what all of you are suggesting. She can become extremely childish and self-centered during games and if she realized that I was openly playing constant pranks on her, it might become more of an issue, whereas that particular wording of the domination would only prevent her from getting upset and trying to knife me again.

That being said, however, it would be possible to arrange something with my DM that would be my revenge in a less subtle way, but even if she constantly smelled something funny, I doubt it would prevent her from getting angry at me for looking out for my characters best interest and taking a swing at me again, which is what I'm trying to prevent.

I kind of like the Suggestion of feeling bad for stabbing me everytime she draws not just the particular dagger, but any dagger.

Varnithis
2008-01-08, 04:19 AM
My advice to you is to forget the whole thing and let it slide.

I'm getting red flags all over the place on this one.

Dervag
2008-01-08, 05:30 AM
On the one hand, I can't blame your character for trying to take some security precautions to protect his life from Ms. Dolly Dagger.

On the other hand, I strongly suggest that you as a player should be trying to find solutions to in-game problems that do not lead to stupid vendettas between characters, especially characters played by people who would very much like to get along fine outside the game.

Fuzzy_Juan
2008-01-08, 05:47 AM
honestly it all depends on her and how the game is going...if characters do crap to each other and everyone is 'ok' with it, or it is good natured...things go pretty well...the instant it becomes something damaging or humiliating...things get problematic.

There were plenty of times I decided that I would not retaliate against the party for slights and injuries because it would be bad for the party...but then things usualy then got me killed...their excuse was 'my character would do it'...eventually I played an evil assasin and when they gave me a reason I murdered them all...refreshing, but of course...not good for the party...new campaign...

main rule from then on was...play nice, or the party will self wipe. Happens all the time.

Kami2awa
2008-01-08, 06:01 AM
My wizard recently magically forced my friend's fighter to rub her feet after he broke her favorite crossbow-boot.

An ex's barbarian ate my animal cohort once. I polymorph her horse into a rat and threw it at an owlbear.

No one messes with my characters anymore.

I once had a griffon character who ate all the party's mounts.

Also; what's a crossbow-boot?

Tormsskull
2008-01-08, 07:31 AM
I'm getting the feeling that you and your girlfriend (probably the whole group) are younger. As such, I wouldn't recommend doing much of anything that's going to peeve her off, unless you're ready to jump back into the dating market. Things can turn from bad to worse very quickly in a situation like this.

As a side note, I don't think dominate works the way you're thinking. When you dominate someone, they become your puppet. There was another thread on this recently, so you might want to check that out, but from the wording of the spell it doesn't look like you can give auto-pilot type orders (do everything you'd normally do except...).

Telok
2008-01-08, 07:45 AM
Lesser Geas: "Don't attack me."

If your party is mature enough to handle the fallout you could use Tasha's Hideous Laughter. But from your description I can't tell if that's a good idea here.

Best thing about the geas is that if something happens and you get dominated or possesed, she can still KO you before you gank the whole party.

SoD
2008-01-08, 11:04 AM

One time I woke the parties Necromancer...he killed me over it. In front of the paladin and the CG barbarian. In one shot. With a greatsword.

#Raptor
2008-01-08, 11:56 AM
Sounds like a good use for Sleep, in combination with a Mark of Justice from the cleric. I hear it works rather well for stabby-happy daggerwielding psychopaths... :smallbiggrin:

If necessary (if your level is lower than 10), extend the sleep spell. If you don't have the extend feat it's time to get that rope out.
In case she has lots of ranks in escape artist its time to get the rope out and hope you can do enough nonlethal damage to knock her out before she gets out of the ropes. Or just recast sleep.

Epic_Wizard
2008-01-08, 12:05 PM
It is sounding more and more like you guys should just let this one slide.

One thing I would like cleared up real quick... was the killed assassin a PC or an NPC and if it was a PC is she a RL friend of your girlfriend's or just in character?

sikyon
2008-01-08, 12:09 PM
I suggest using geas, scroll it if you have to, but there's no HD limit and no saving throw. Do it while she's asleep. Order her to give the stuff you tried to loot to you, and never reclaim it. Since these are things she can complete through her own actions (or rather inaction) it shouldn't be a problem, and basically last forever. Party cleric probably won't be able to remove it for 2 levels too, unless she pays for a scroll. Depends on level.

Triaxx
2008-01-08, 08:49 PM
Wait until she's standing waiting for something. Then use a silent, stilled transmute earth to sand. Then back after she's sunk in. :smallbiggrin:

Makes it very hard for her to chip her way out and come after you. Entertaining if your party has just finished a meal, and you leave her with the bill.

Or give her a contingency. I don't recall the exact trick, but it's something like: Create a ring of Contingency, except it has two spells. One normal contingency, recharged by, or at a wizard/sorceror, and a second, one off contingency. Set the second to surrounded by X, and target disintegrate on her shirt. Embarrassing in the right circumstances. Upon entering church is a good one as well.

TempusCCK
2008-01-08, 09:11 PM
I'm getting the feeling that you and your girlfriend (probably the whole group) are younger. As such, I wouldn't recommend doing much of anything that's going to peeve her off, unless you're ready to jump back into the dating market. Things can turn from bad to worse very quickly in a situation like this.

As a side note, I don't think dominate works the way you're thinking. When you dominate someone, they become your puppet. There was another thread on this recently, so you might want to check that out, but from the wording of the spell it doesn't look like you can give auto-pilot type orders (do everything you'd normally do except...).

I'm 19 and she's 18. She's particularly immature about alot of things and can be a huge illogical headache in many situations, not just gaming. I'm sure people out there have had spouses/significant others with the same problem at some point.

Eh, the way my DM plays Dominate would make that a viable tactic, it's more like a very powerful suggestion, a bit of DM Fiat that I forgot to mention, my bad. It should also be mentioned that we are the only members of the party.

To Epic Wizard- The assassin was killed by another assassin, who's an NPC and the current BBEG. We entered the situation right at the end of the fight to save a high ranking Cleric and seeing us, the BBEG took off, as we could cream in him in a straight up fight with none of his allies around.

Lol, the Geas is a great idea too. "Don't stab me." No hassle, no complications, just bad things happening if she does it again. Actually, that's much much better than the dominate because it just leaves her open to not doing that one particular thing rather than, say, having to follow my every little command. Any other ideas for this.

BloodyAngel
2008-01-08, 09:20 PM
You're not thinking right.... Your plan for revenge, involves "guy" thinking. I shall defeat her with my amazing knowledge of the game and/or rules, and strip all control from her character! That will just breed anger.

Instead, how about the following. You have dominate. Use it. Dominate a random NPC or two in every town. Dominate them all to approach her out of the blue and do something odd, disturbing or embarassing to her character. Have random dwarves hit on her in bars. Make halfling rogues think she's the perfect pick-pocket target. Or better yet... have random innocent people walk up to her, lean secretively, and say, "Don't worry sir, your secret is safe with me". Have people loudly inquire to her in public places that they heard she is an assassin and would like to hire her.

Do it right and it will be both vengeful AND hilarious... Not something that will cause a grudge. Forge her name on a bunch of embarassing papers about town... anything to create an ammusing situation that messes with her, but doesn't strip her of her free will. Trust me... a girl will take offense to that.

Collin152
2008-01-08, 09:48 PM
Just cast invisibility on her clothes.
The cause of, and solution to, all of my problems.

TimeWizard
2008-01-09, 01:47 AM
From my experience, evil parties will stay tight knit unless a character is particularly annoying. Hasn't ever gotten to the point where any one of them could say "You've outlived your usefulness," and killed them in their sleep, though there was one party where the cleric was so obnoxious we would have killed him the next session, if the campaign hadn't randomly fallen apart. Then again, it was a railroad plot so it wasn't much fun anyway. We lived only at the whim of greater beings.

Y'know, this is mostly true, with the exception that sometimes annoying good-aligned PCs can get seriously hurt for just attitude or player incompetence. Like the druid of my first campaign. I beleive the dialogue follows as
Druid: I have only one hp.
Samurai: Really?
Druid: Yeah.
Samurai: *confirms attack roll* 4 damage, non leathal. Unconcious and out of our god-damn way.
(sad part is, I was the samurai)
((sadder part is I was more effective then the druid))

She's particularly immature about alot of things and can be a huge illogical headache in many situations,

Welcome to dating. You must be new here.

The_Snark
2008-01-09, 02:01 AM
It doesn't sound like she will appreciate any form of magical domination; the Geas is less offensive, but still a bit antagonistic. Especially given that the initial incident was (it sounds to me) caused by her misunderstanding a part of the rules, which isn't a big deal.

Bloody Angel is right. If this isn't amusing to her, it probably won't be fun for you... and at that point, nobody is having fun, so why are you bothering to play? Whatever you do, make sure it stays fun for both of you.

dyslexicfaser
2008-01-09, 02:18 AM
Instead, how about the following. You have dominate. Use it. Dominate a random NPC or two in every town. Dominate them all to approach her out of the blue and do something odd, disturbing or embarassing to her character. Have random dwarves hit on her in bars. Make halfling rogues think she's the perfect pick-pocket target. Or better yet... have random innocent people walk up to her, lean secretively, and say, "Don't worry sir, your secret is safe with me". Have people loudly inquire to her in public places that they heard she is an assassin and would like to hire her.

Now there's a good idea. Entertaining and just a little bit vengeful.

horseboy
2008-01-09, 03:03 AM
Ultimately, if you go with revenge, make sure it can't be traced back to you. Oh, say have another sneaky person drop a roofie in her ale. She wakes up in the morning with a splitting hang over, naked in the ram corral. Bonus points if the shepherds "happen" there as she's waking up. Make a comment about how strong the ale was at that inn. Sure she may blame the DM, but not you. Of course, he's going to have to be in on it too. But it shouldn't be too much of a problem. ;)

DeadMech
2008-01-09, 03:04 AM
I suggest talking to her about it out of character. Say something of the lines of I think it would be fun if my character tried to get revenge for such and such. Maybe then your character could try to one up mine again. Continuing on until the two get tired of it and make up.

I think my point is try to make a game out of it. Perhaps you two could try to entertain the DM with the antics.

Orzel
2008-01-09, 04:39 AM

Also; what's a crossbow-boot?

My dragon PC did the same

The crossbow-boot was custom item. One NPC was a crazy shoemaker. Her boot shot crossbow bolts, mine started fires.

Trust me, don't retaliate. If you need to, just bop her one and hand over a potion.

Epic_Wizard
2008-01-09, 10:22 AM
You're not thinking right.... Your plan for revenge, involves "guy" thinking. I shall defeat her with my amazing knowledge of the game and/or rules, and strip all control from her character! That will just breed anger.

Do it right and it will be both vengeful AND hilarious... Not something that will cause a grudge. Forge her name on a bunch of embarassing papers about town... anything to create an ammusing situation that messes with her, but doesn't strip her of her free will. Trust me... a girl will take offense to that.

I already suggested this and I'm a guy. :smallamused:

Yeah there are loads of things that you can do to her that are funnier (this shouldn't really be harmful or capricious) and much more fun for her to RP especially if she knows about them.

For example contaminate some of her gear with Troglodyte Musk and then use a spell on her so that only SHE can't smell it. Some sort of illusion would do the trick or possibly a suggestion that the stuff is perfume and she should wear it every day. Hilarity ensues and the musk could actually create a combat advantage. XD

Try for something along this theme. The real issue seems to be the humiliation that you experienced more than the fact that she stabbed you.

If you insist on the dominate angle the don't use it on her. Use it on someone else (preferably an NPC) and use them to place her in embarrassing situations. This does require a measure of your DM's cooperation though so know your DM before you say anything in case s/he is likely to tip off your girlfriend.

One last though would be to give her a pair of interesting footwear that function as boot of dancing and then tell her you will only help remove them if she apologizes (under a Zone of Truth).

Irreverent Fool
2008-01-09, 12:54 PM
You're a wizard and she angered you. Turn her into a toad! Baleful Polymorph

Stick with the classics.

Severus
2008-01-09, 07:46 PM
Interparty rivalry is bad. Once the PCs start doing stuff to each other, the game disintegrates.

If you do do something, talk to her out of game about it first.

If you have to do something in character, limit it to snark, not providing buffs, etc.

This is REALLY GOOD advice. Once a party starts attacking itself, the whole game sort of falls apart. I'd talk out of game about it. If I didn't like the answer, I'd walk from the game before I'd start attacking back. It really isn't worth it.

Yes, sometimes with really good players who talk about it, intraparty conflict can be great roleplaying, but in the many times I've seen it, it almost always is a game disaster.

Collin152
2008-01-09, 08:21 PM
You're a wizard and she angered you. Turn her into a toad! Baleful Polymorph

Stick with the classics.

Ignorant fool! Toads are too powerful. Try something without stats, like a newt.

Chronicled
2008-01-09, 08:29 PM
Ignorant fool! Toads are too powerful. Try something without stats, like a newt.

Oh! That's a good one! Normally I suggest tortoises, since they're slow and harmless. A toad/kitten can run away, and a sheep can ram you. A newt or tortoise (unlike a turtle, they can't even swim) is the ultimate helpless form.

Collin152
2008-01-09, 08:49 PM
I'll turn him into a flea! A harmless little flea! And then I'll put that flea in a box. Then I'll put that box in another box. Then I'll mail that box to myself. And when it arrives... I'll smash it with a hammer!

Chronicled
2008-01-09, 09:14 PM
I'll turn him into a flea! A harmless little flea! And then I'll put that flea in a box. Then I'll put that box in another box. Then I'll mail that box to myself. And when it arrives... I'll smash it with a hammer!

Is that a quote from somewhere?

Because if it isn't, it ought to be. Starting with my sig.

Admiral Squish
2008-01-09, 09:32 PM
Your girlfriend stabbed you? Isn't that your job? :smallamused:

Tokiko Mima
2008-01-09, 09:57 PM
Personally, I think in your situation a more appropriate response would be to lay down a Geas as she sleeps that would compel her to bow and abjectly apologize to every arcane caster she meets for the rest of her life. Humiliating, yes. Life-threatening and plot destructive, no.

Is that a quote from somewhere?

Because if it isn't, it ought to be. Starting with my sig.

That would be Yzma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yzma) from Disney's "The Emperor's New Groove." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSHOPkcVv8) A brilliantly scripted movie, indeed. :smallsmile:

TempusCCK
2008-01-09, 11:43 PM
Personally, I think in your situation a more appropriate response would be to lay down a Geas as she sleeps that would compel her to bow and abjectly apologize to every arcane caster she meets for the rest of her life. Humiliating, yes. Life-threatening and plot destructive, no.

Actually, I can see that as life threatening in our campaign....

Lol, I like the Baleful Polymorph idea too, this stuff is gold guys.

Collin152
2008-01-09, 11:50 PM
Bestow curse (or greater curse, if nesecary) preventing her from knowingly striking any spellcaster with (insert aspects of own physique, such as mustace or a really stupid hat). Promise to lift the curse after she (insert act here). The twist is, that isn't really what the curse does, and you left it on.

daggaz
2008-01-09, 11:50 PM
Explosive Ruins!

You see a large, ruined castle on top of the hill. It looks to be quite old, and as your party enters what once was the main courtyard, you see a small sign:

Welcome, you have just entered EXPLOSIVE RUINS!!

*KaaaaaBOOOOOM!*

Rocks explode, everybody dies.

Archangel Yuki
2008-01-09, 11:52 PM

Wait, what about the postage cost? :D

Also, I believe that you should let it slide until an opportune moment. Like she needs buffs. Things like that. Wait until it will hurt her.

daggaz
2008-01-09, 11:53 PM
-I- personally could care less that she stabbed my character, since she brought him back to consciousness right away and it had little to no effect on the game. However, after some careful consideration, it would be entirely in the characters personality to be angry and seek a solution.

The idea with the dominate would be "You will not have an outburst like that again, you may proceed to act normally and even question my commands, other than you will not attack me again without my permission. I will have no more of this nonsense!"

Basically saying "I don't want to mess you up, but you're forcing my hand here by acting like a child" (which she really was)

Dominate Person doesnt work anything like that.. You excert full mental control over the person, they are basically a living puppet that you control. Which means you pretty much have to control all of their actions (hence the really easy DC for spotting a dommed person), and when the spell ends, they go back to normal, with all of their memories intact.

You need geas or something like that for what you want.

seedjar
2008-01-09, 11:59 PM
A toad/kitten can run away, and a sheep can ram you.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9421/frogkitten5fa.th.jpg

I've got to agree with Rachel Lorelei, though. This is not something you should spring on her out-of-the-blue; certainly not if you feel she's lacking maturity in other parts of the game. I haven't had any girlfriends involved in D&D games, but one of my exes from highschool would get CRAZY when it came down to videogames and the like. Most of the time it was fun, but anyone can be a sore loser if you push the wrong button.

And once, this girl that lived across the street from me stabbed me in the eyebrow with a toy air pump.

~Joe

Chronicled
2008-01-10, 12:07 AM
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/EE/images/uploads/FrogKitten.jpg

I think you win the thread with that.

Epic_Wizard
2008-01-10, 10:02 AM
Wait, what about the postage cost? :D

Also, I believe that you should let it slide until an opportune moment. Like she needs buffs. Things like that. Wait until it will hurt her.

And in response the FULL quote (from wiki quotes with the important new bit bolded by me)

I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea. And I'll put that flea in a box. And then I'll put that box in another box. Then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives, [laughs maniacally] I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say! [Knocks over the potion, which makes a plant explode] Or, to save on postage, I'll just poison him with this!

On that note maybe you should turn her into a lama for a few hours? Okay it with your DM and arrange so that nothing attacks you for that time. By the way watch out they spit.