PDA

View Full Version : Weapon stats

Sundog
2008-01-08, 02:49 AM
Nonanonymous asked this question:

Given the wait-time for multiple searches on this board, as well as my 56k modem and the difficulties revolving around searches I've faced before altogether, I think it'd be a bit more efficient just to ask: How would you stat the following weapons in D&D?

* Pata
* Bich'hwa
* Bagh nakh (possibly the bich'hwa+bagh nakh combo also)
* Tekagi-shuko
* Shobo

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Re: the Pata, as it seems to be a short sword variant based on a Katar, or punch-dagger, I'd call it as a short sword with a crit of x3 on a twenty.

The bich'hwa is simply a dagger, though you might want to state they only come in masterworked form, given their intricacy.

The Bagh Nakh have been dealt with in one of the source books, but I'm not certain which one. I'll look for it and post back if no one beats me to it.

I'd treat the Tekagi-shuko as a Cestus.

I don't know the Shobo.

Nonanonymous
2008-01-08, 06:04 PM
The shobo is a small piece of wood gripped by the wielder and hung by a ring on the middle finger, the ends of which were exposed and usually sharp, the primary use of which was by ninja striking pressure points with them to paralyze or kill their foe quickly and without leaving a trace. They were easily hidden in the wielders fists and very lightweight and portable.

Sundog
2008-01-10, 12:11 PM
Found the Bagh Nakh. It's in the Arms and Equipment Guide, which is 3.0, but it looks reasonable:

1d4 x2 damage, piercing, 2 lbs.

From your description, I'd call the shobo a d2 damage x2 weapon, but gives a bonus on nerve-strike style abilities. It sounds just too small to do more.

Belkarseviltwin
2008-01-10, 01:18 PM
From your description, I'd call the shobo a d2 damage x2 weapon, but gives a bonus on nerve-strike style abilities. It sounds just too small to do more.
I'd call it an Monk weapon with the stats of a Gauntlet, that gives a +1 equipment bonus to the save DC of Quivering Palm and Stunning Fist.