The Giant
2008-01-08, 06:02 AM
New comic is up.

SuperCrzySgt
2008-01-08, 06:06 AM
Things are not looking good for Haley. :smalleek:

Soepvork
2008-01-08, 06:07 AM
Does someone who gets level drained by wigths turn into a wight? Or am I looking too much into it?

moonbiter
2008-01-08, 06:10 AM
Yes they do, Soepvork. The wight with the mask is Isamu.

Migodnar
2008-01-08, 06:10 AM
Wow, and here I tought things couldn't get worse...

kpenguin
2008-01-08, 06:11 AM
:smalleek:

Rhyeira
Things are not looking good for Haley. :smalleek:

Things are looking a lot worse for poor Isamu.:smallconfused:

Dalenthas
Oh No! Poor Isamu, we hardly new ye. Belkar saves the day?

Soepvork
2008-01-08, 06:12 AM
Yes they do, Soepvork. The wight with the mask is Isamu.

Is that the Giant's interpretation, or standard MM wight-package? I don't seem to remember that...

Bavarian itP
2008-01-08, 06:17 AM
Poor Isamu :smallfrown:
Poor thread title :smalltongue:

sun_tzu
2008-01-08, 06:18 AM
Oh crap.
Okay, self, calm down...The odds of Haley actually dying in this sequences are almost nil...

Felixaar
2008-01-08, 06:19 AM
Ooooh. Hows Haley going to get out of this one?

FujinAkari
2008-01-08, 06:20 AM
Does someone who gets level drained by wigths turn into a wight? Or am I looking too much into it?

Yes, although only if they get ALL their levels drained. Haley / Belkar are currently in no danger of wightdom unless they get drained to level 0.

Keris
2008-01-08, 06:23 AM
Man Sabine deserved that. Oh wait, are you guys talking about #519?

Paragon Badger
2008-01-08, 06:24 AM
Isamu? Is that his name?

I thought she was referencing Macross Plus for a second... Hehe.

Migodnar
2008-01-08, 06:24 AM
Oh, well...At least Niu and the slaves are all right...right?

Dentarg
2008-01-08, 06:25 AM
Well, some nice ideas here!

Nice comic as always, Giant!

- Dentarg

MBV
2008-01-08, 06:25 AM
loved the title :smallsmile:

Haley sure is in trouble, but the Belkster is still out there, he'll come in and save the day, i hope:smalleek:

Bendal
2008-01-08, 06:30 AM
Thanks to the Mark, though, Belkar can't stop either Tsukiko or Thanh, only the wights. He'd also be susceptible to Tsukiko's domination and charm spells, so he'd better keep away from her.

Looks like Haley needs to find some shadows and hide really fast!

Kay
2008-01-08, 06:31 AM
Oh jeez. How's she going to get out of THAT?

Mr Teufel
2008-01-08, 06:32 AM
Shouldn't it take longer for a drained character to become a wight?
Create Spawn (Su)
Any humanoid slain by a wight becomes a wight in 1d4 rounds. Spawn are under the command of the wight that created them and remain enslaved until its death. They do not possess any of the abilities they had in life.
I thought so too, but apparently it's pretty quick!

Daryk
2008-01-08, 06:33 AM
Well, so much for Haley having an arrow to spare for the ("a") wight...

Mugen Nightgale
2008-01-08, 06:35 AM
This constant loosing is really getting kinda of boring. I can't wait to see the good guys kicking some serious ass.

Water_Walker
2008-01-08, 06:38 AM
Man Haley is going to have problems in the future maybe:belkar: will save the day

Migodnar
2008-01-08, 06:40 AM
This constant loosing is really getting kinda of boring. I can't wait to see the good guys kicking some serious ass.
I know what you mean, I was pretty shocked when I saw Isamu like that...

SuperCrzySgt
2008-01-08, 06:42 AM
I can't wait to see the Belkster kill Isamu and possibly Haley if they both end up as wights. <-Stab :belkar:

hajo
2008-01-08, 06:44 AM
It seems, Belkar didn't finish all those wights, like it looked in #516 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0516.html).
Or did they get 'repaired' ?

dogmac
2008-01-08, 06:46 AM
Run Haley, Run!!!
And that the good Lord you aren't running in stilletto's

Belkar, time for you to be brilliant....

Jimorian
2008-01-08, 06:46 AM

You don't want Haley to shoot any more arrows? :smallconfused:

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-01-08, 06:56 AM
Intellegent, Organized, Evil. Ouch!

Time for Dumb, Disorganized and Evil to save the day for Haley!

Kesnit
2008-01-08, 07:11 AM
:haley: If I fall and break the heel of my boot, I'm going to find Wes Craven and kick his...

I almost fell out of my chair laughing

ChaosDefender24
2008-01-08, 07:15 AM
Did anyone else catch the second "Foolish girl, I am a druid?"

Also, poor :haley: :(

Groundhog
2008-01-08, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE=ChaosDefender24;3763966]Did anyone else catch the second "Foolish girl, I am a druid?"QUOTE]
Nope, where was it? And where was the first?

It would kind of kill the comic for Haley to die, because that would probably mean death for Belkar as well, so then there would be three main characters dead. So she's got to get out of this somehow. The question is how.

TK-Squared
2008-01-08, 07:28 AM
Nope, where was it? And where was the first?

I am a Druid! I have special abilities more powerful than your entire class! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0346.html)

SPoD
2008-01-08, 07:30 AM
It seems, Belkar didn't finish all those wights, like it looked in #516 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0516.html).
Or did they get 'repaired' ?

Those are the last two wights. Tsukiko teleported in with 6 wights, which split up into 2-person teams:

2 found Thanh right away. One was turned, and later became the boot-wearing wight; the other was killed by Belkar.
2 found nothing, but then went to attack Thanh as reinforcements. These were killed by Belkar.
2 went off in another direction and eventually found Isamu.

6 total.

Alfryd
2008-01-08, 07:34 AM
New comic is up.
Not bad. The punchline had a certain drollness.

Belkar, time for you to be brilliant....
You're assuming that he cares. (Which of course raises the question of how Haley managed to coerce him into service to begin with.) Hmm.

Schulzy
2008-01-08, 07:43 AM
Nooooooo, Imasu! Whay am I so distressed by this? :(

The Wes craven line made me crack up, because it's so true. Giant, stop making horror movies and give us some hope already!

Gregor_LeBlaque
2008-01-08, 07:45 AM
Before this thread gets too long, I'd like to point out for proofreading/4th-book-publishing purposes:

"just my luck, I'm the stuck in the role of the bimbo"

Not sure whether that was meant to be "I'm stuck" or "I'm the one stuck".

fractal
2008-01-08, 07:45 AM
You're assuming that he cares. (Which of course raises the question of how Haley managed to coerce him into service to begin with.) Hmm.
Hey, Belkar knows about teamwork. Your party members encounter sentient beings, then you kill those beings, simultaneously showing off, gaining experience, and, if you're lucky, harvesting kidneys.

Edit: Incidentally, I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet - in panel 3, Haley has her bow on her back and on the ground at the same time. While having a backup bow wouldn't be a bad strategy, I don't think that's what the Giant intended in this case...

Alfryd
2008-01-08, 07:57 AM
Hey, Belkar knows about teamwork. Your party members encounter sentient beings, then you kill those beings, simultaneously showing off, gaining experience, and, if you're lucky, harvesting kidneys.
Yeah, but there's gotta be safer places to do it than this. If I were Belkar, (and bore no resemblance to myself aside from having an IQ a good 40 points higher,) then I would be inclined to use my excellent stealth skills to escape the city, taking Roy's remains with me, until I could find someone willing and able to remove the mark (possibly offering an extension on ownership of their vital organs as an incentive.)

Then, I'd go off and find another Evil adventuring party, and brutally murder them in their dreamless sleep before I'd loot their corpses for magic items. Problems solved!

Hey! This is kind of fun!
Which leads me to suspect that Haley is keeping Roy's remains in either a secret location or about her person at all times, or that leaving the city is impossible due to the Cloister spell.

carebearbecky
2008-01-08, 08:02 AM
Absolutely delightful... made me smile all the way through... and not just because it brightened up my lunch hour!

:smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-01-08, 08:04 AM
Crap crap crap crap crap...

Umbra
2008-01-08, 08:09 AM
Well, since this is a discussion thread for #419, what do you think of Miko being imprisoned? :D

Anyways, great comic. But we're still waiting for the climax.

Adeptus
2008-01-08, 08:10 AM

Come on, we are in the "Empire Strikes Back" part of the story, and those are often the best parts. Here the bad guys are winning and our heroes are in the ropes. That's how it's supposed to go.

Dark Matter
2008-01-08, 08:12 AM
Or did they get 'repaired' ?He did, but there were two that were unaccounted for until now, and it looks like they just made a third. And I think it only take 1d4 rounds to rise as a wight if they take you down to zero.

luxgladius
2008-01-08, 08:14 AM
Quick, somebody call Joss Whedon! We need a genre-reversal, STAT!

Johnny Blade
2008-01-08, 08:15 AM
Aw, man...poor Isamu.

However, I wonder where Belkar is right now, since Haley is being chased by all remaining wights (plus a new one).

Sengoku
2008-01-08, 08:16 AM
It seems to me that all those perceived and spoken clichè references are 'children' of her relation with Elan :P

Pyro
2008-01-08, 08:16 AM
Poor Haley, she's really in over her head. But the real question is where is Belkar?

Oslecamo
2008-01-08, 08:24 AM
Well so much for the Azure city resistance.

How much of you think that Xykon is watching all of this happilly while holding bets for the hobgoblins and fiendish coackraces about who wins? Or that at the last moment, when Haley is at the brink of defeat, Xykon teleports in and tells Tsukiko to leave her alone, because otherwise he wouldn't have anything to entertain himself?

Blaznak
2008-01-08, 08:26 AM
Hee hee! I like that the undead are discussing culenary points of their recent victims. Funny AND creepy all at the same time! Woot!

Haley sure is smart. I like that she knows when to get out of there and run and her line about being the flanker not the flankee was great!

Nifty job~

shylocxs
2008-01-08, 08:29 AM
Go, Team Evil!

Go, Team Evil!

Go, Team Evil, GO!

Tundar
2008-01-08, 08:41 AM
Poor Wes Craven :D

Issabella
2008-01-08, 08:47 AM
hehe, some days it just goes against the players

chibibar
2008-01-08, 08:51 AM
Yikes... not sure how Haley is gonna get out of this one.....

Cliffhanger!! ;)

pendell
2008-01-08, 08:52 AM
BORING.

I confess I scanned the comic, and there was one thing ... and only one thing ... I was looking for.

X's in Haley's eyes

And they weren't there. So this resolves nothing.

I already predicted this. It's too early to kill Haley or Tsukiko (sp?). So it's an inconclusive action which Haley must escape from. The sooner it's over the better.

Even so, thanks to the Giant for putting this up. Once I'm reading them back to back in one long connected sequence, I have no doubt it'll make more sense and be more enjoyable.

Hmm .. upon careful reflection, I'm thinking Haley should have simply abandoned the Paladin to the wight to be level-drained.

It doesn't look like they'll be able to rescue him, and the effort has already cost us at least one other resistance fighter.

Although I guess if she could do that, she wouldn't be Haley. It seems obvious that our Haley has a heart of gold under that crusty exterior.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Ikialev
2008-01-08, 08:58 AM
It's turning into Diablo?

slb
2008-01-08, 09:01 AM
In panel 3, Haley still have part of her bow on her back and a whole bow on the ground.

Although I'm not a native speaker, I think in the last panel there is a wrong "the" inserted in the sentence:

... I'm the stuck in the role of the bimbo ...

... And I was hopping Isamu could tip the balance :smalleek:

Niknokitueu
2008-01-08, 09:07 AM
... And I was hopping Isamu could tip the balance :smalleek:
The trouble is, he may well do so... (!)

Nice comic. Bit of a 'filler' strip due to having to fit in after finding out how powerful Tsukiko is (or possibly how munchkined), but before Haley can escape/be helped by Belkar.

Awaiting the next comic already... (poor Rich, the demands of his audience - the hunger is insatiable...)

Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

PhallicWarrior
2008-01-08, 09:17 AM
OK, this isn't going well.

BELKAR! WHERE ARE YOU!?

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-08, 09:18 AM
Well, I sure hope Tahn or whatever his name is goes back to normal. I like the guy, and he doesn't seem by far as cool on the bad side.

Tsukiko can die for all I care. Not a very nice villain anyways.

Nargrakhan
2008-01-08, 09:32 AM
T-S-U-K-I-K-O!!!

Win! Win! Win!

Give Roy some company Tsukiko! Do it for Team Evil!

Yeeeeeaaaaa!!! :smallredface:

DLoFunk
2008-01-08, 09:35 AM
Ya know, I just KNEW Rich would do that!
Ha Ha, Tsukiko blasted Haley "INTO NEXT TUESDAY"!

Johnny Blade
2008-01-08, 09:36 AM
T-S-U-K-I-K-O!!!

Win! Win! Win!

Give Roy some company Tsukiko! Do it for Team Evil!

Yeeeeeaaaaa!!! :smallredface:

You know what, dude? I am not sure if your displayed ... fondness of Tsukiko cracks me up or creeps me out.:smallwink:

factotum
2008-01-08, 09:37 AM
I would assume Belkar is bound to do something to help out here...maybe related to whatever it was he saw in the granary? After all, when all's said and done, he actually LIKES Haley, and probably wouldn't want to see her Wight-ified.

Ascension
2008-01-08, 09:45 AM
I finally joined the forum... for one purpose...

There is no joy in Mudville. Mighty Dextrous Haley has struck out.

OverWilliam
2008-01-08, 09:58 AM
I would assume Belkar is bound to do something to help out here...maybe related to whatever it was he saw in the granary? After all, when all's said and done, he actually LIKES Haley, and probably wouldn't want to see her Wight-ified.

Well, BELKAR's version of 'like'. :smallamused:

HOLEkevin
2008-01-08, 09:58 AM
I wonder if this fight is over?

dish
2008-01-08, 10:07 AM
OK, this isn't going well.

BELKAR! WHERE ARE YOU!?

Presumably he's still going after whatever he saw in the granary.

Indeed, things are going badly, but I'm sure Haley will manage to survive.
(Well, I'm reasonably sure. :smalleek: )

SilentNight
2008-01-08, 10:09 AM
Things are not looking good:smalleek: . I hope that Belkar's spot check either found a scroll of remove curse or some super-weapon that ill obliterate the wights.

Kaerou
2008-01-08, 10:14 AM
This is the first time I have ever rooted for Belkar but.. here goes.

Come on Belkar, save Haley! We know you can do it!

Kami2awa
2008-01-08, 10:16 AM
Things are not looking good:smalleek: . I hope that Belkar's spot check either found a scroll of remove curse or some super-weapon that ill obliterate the wights.

In a granary?

Because wights have DR 5/bread?

nephtis
2008-01-08, 10:27 AM
Any humanoid slain by a wight becomes a wight in 1d4 rounds. Spawn are under the command of the wight that created them and remain enslaved until its death. They do not possess any of the abilities they had in life.

Although there was a nifty prestige class (in Savage species maybe?) that allowed to continue as a player *if* the creature that had created the undead was destroyed.
Not sure if there was a will save involved once the creator was destroyed (that might have been 2ndn edition)...
I think each level allowed the character to remember some of the past like name and cause, alignment, abilities, skills, feat, magic, whatever...
How an undead might be able to gain enough XP to earn the first level that allowed to recall identity and further advance in this class when in the beginning s/he's just the avarage unpleasant creature of the night beats me.

Would be neat to see some of Tsukiko's darling undead switch sides, however.
Those wights have more personality than might be good for thee cause ;-)

Costantinov
2008-01-08, 10:35 AM
Good job Tsukiko! She won the day (at least until now)

Belkar can't help so much, because he has that seal thing, and can't kill living. So, he kills the undead, and loses from Tsukiko, because he can't touch her. So, it doesn't really worth it coming out. After all, Belkar is evil, and wouldn't just risk his life for some else (withought profit, at least).

Askaris
2008-01-08, 10:49 AM
Good job Tsukiko! She won the day (at least until now)

Belkar can't help so much, because he has that seal thing, and can't kill living. So, he kills the undead, and loses from Tsukiko, because he can't touch her. So, it doesn't really worth it coming out. After all, Belkar is evil, and wouldn't just risk his life for some else (withought profit, at least).

Technically not true. Belkar is only forbidden from using lethal force, not non-lethal. Given the twisted intelligence he showed during his fight with Miko, I'd judge him perfectly capable of dealing with Tsukiko without doing serious damage, given time.

Whether or not he bothers is another matter. :smalltongue:

Green and Red
2008-01-08, 10:51 AM
Nice comic.

Oh and, it was said before, but in one panel is haleys bow on her back and and on the ground. and the panel were we see thanh walking into the picture he has a boot which he should not have

TheKnifeofTrust
2008-01-08, 11:09 AM
"This does not look good for Homestarrunner." :smalleek:

I'm really starting to miss the oots being together as a party. :smallfrown:

TheKnifeofTrust
2008-01-08, 11:10 AM
"This does not look good for Homestarrunner." :smalleek:

I'm really starting to miss the oots being together as a party. :smallfrown:

shakes019
2008-01-08, 11:27 AM
Good strip, with lots of 4th wall breaking.

It seems that Tsukiko is working on the Batman spellcaster system.

I also liked "more spell slots than you have hit points".

Clever.

Ridureyu
2008-01-08, 11:41 AM
I think I remember saying something about Haley not being remotely able to win this, and loads of people disagreeing that she'll breeze through.

Told ya.

the_tick_rules
2008-01-08, 11:45 AM
guess we'll never know who will have won 1 on 1 now will we?

Fabio_MP
2008-01-08, 11:59 AM
New comic is up.

great comic... poor Haley

Opeth_Freak
2008-01-08, 12:02 PM
YES! So far, so good...

Too bad, that i'm sure fo 99% that the next strip, will be won by Haley :smallmad: It always end's like that (Except from Roy's Death :P) That Evil is winning for 1,2 strips, and then its beaten.

I don't really care about Haley... for me it's most boring OotS character (which doesn't means, she is boring, actually) and Tsukiko is just great :smallbiggrin:

So GO TEAM EVIL! (now with another wight :smallsmile: )

factotum
2008-01-08, 12:07 PM
Technically not true. Belkar is only forbidden from using lethal force, not non-lethal.

Non-lethal damage has a very specific meaning in D&D--it doesn't mean "damage them until they're nearly dead and stop", it means "take a to hit penalty for deliberately striking in a non-lethal way". I doubt Belkar would last long while attempting to deal subdual damage to Tsukiko.

Cerrakoth
2008-01-08, 12:14 PM
I don't know if any ones said this but maybe all could die save one and they get saved by Elan or someone just as unexpected? Perhaps Xykon treats redcloak to bad and he resurrects all of them? Just my two cents=]

Darkhands
2008-01-08, 12:19 PM
Presumably he's still going after whatever he saw in the granary.

Aren't Haley and Tsukiko in the granary?

Zurpl
2008-01-08, 12:24 PM
Did no one else notice that this thread is misnamed? (posted before reading comic.)

EDIT: Umm... nevermind. But, thought I'm sure this question has been answered many times before, what's the deal with those orbs?

vegetalss4
2008-01-08, 12:30 PM
whos Wes Craven :smallconfused:?

Cerrakoth
2008-01-08, 12:36 PM
whos Wes Craven :smallconfused:?

The guy who did night mare on elm street at a guess, as this is a mic take of that movie. Well in name anyway.

FoE
2008-01-08, 02:02 PM
Boy, that fight went south quickly. Poor Haley. Anyone else find this pretty horrifying? It is kind of like a horror movie, with the hordes of undead and brainwashed paladin and the floating goth chick.

Wes Craven wrote and directed "Nightmare on Elm Street," by the way.

Ascension
2008-01-08, 08:55 PM
I don't really care about Haley... for me it's most boring OotS character (which doesn't means, she is boring, actually) and Tsukiko is just great :smallbiggrin:

So GO TEAM EVIL! (now with another wight :smallsmile: )

BLASPHEMY! Haley is what makes this comic worth reading! I almost quit reading during the whole inability-to-speak saga! Haley is what convinced me to return to D&D after being brutally killed by a sadistic DM during my first foray into traditional roleplaying! (Booby-trapping a treasure chest with a werewolf... that was just weird. Siccing said werewolf one-on-one against a first level character and giving it a surprise round... that's sadistic.) Haley is the entire reason I'm playing a ranged rogue at the moment! Haley is love!

Actually, I changed my mind. Go ahead. Disdain her if you will. That just means more Haley for me. And with Elan safely out of the way as well... soon my evil plans will be complete! Hah! Hah! Muahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~! :biggrin: :haley: :biggrin:

David Argall
2008-01-08, 09:08 PM
So much for all our bright ideas about how to get Haley being blown out of the comic into the book edition.
Maybe it will be a blank page, or some filler.

Looks like we were off line for several hours. It was close to 7 hours between posts.

Non-lethal damage has a very specific meaning in D&D--it doesn't mean "damage them until they're nearly dead and stop", it means "take a to hit penalty for deliberately striking in a non-lethal way". I doubt Belkar would last long while attempting to deal subdual damage to Tsukiko.
If Belkar does not use a weapon, it is normally non-lethal damage, at no penalty to hit. Despite the size disadvantage, Belkar might be able to out-wrestle Tsukiko. He would not suffer from the curse that way.

Leewei
2008-01-08, 09:08 PM
Prediction:

Belkar saves Haley and kills the flying ponytailed howitzer, triggering his mark of justice.

Ozzymindous
2008-01-08, 09:31 PM
I think its time for the belkar to use PINEAPPLES again.

Knock her outa the sky belkar!

Mechsae
2008-01-08, 09:39 PM
So Haley's on the run, Belkar is in a granary, and the 3rd NPC character of the resistance (Niu) is unaccounted for (pressumable leading the freed slaves to the tunnels).

Options are:
Belkar saves the day
Niu to the rescue
Belkar and Niu save Haley
Haley makes good her own escape

FujinAkari
2008-01-08, 09:45 PM
Options are:
Belkar saves the day
Niu to the rescue
Belkar and Niu save Haley
Haley makes good her own escape
Haley gets killed
Haley killed Tsukiko et all

Fixed it for you :P

Flying Platypus
2008-01-08, 10:02 PM
Come on, we are in the "Empire Strikes Back" part of the story, and those are often the best parts. Here the bad guys are winning and our heroes are in the ropes. That's how it's supposed to go.

The diferance between this and Star Wars is that the good people don't die in Star Wars (and they also can't get reserected)
Note my sig :smile:

SteveDJ
2008-01-08, 10:02 PM
Shouldn't the left edge of panel 1 also had a broken edge to it? Seeing as Haley was knocked through it and landed back in a panel... :smallsmile:

Meanwhile, my prediction:

Belkar found something (or several) to give him invisibility. He is probably now running alongside the battle ready to invoke same to give Haley invisibility, too; then they can all escape to do battle again another day (or, later in the 'book')

stickygoo
2008-01-08, 10:20 PM
The diferance between this and Star Wars is that the good people don't die in Star Wars

except, you know, Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Qui Gin Jinn, Owen and Beru, Padme...

Tim
2008-01-08, 10:36 PM
Hey, why is Haley entangled? Orb of electricity should only entangle those wearing metal armor...

Zak3056
2008-01-08, 10:38 PM
except, you know, Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Qui Gin Jinn, Owen and Beru, Padme...

Not to mention all the infantry and every rebel starfighter pilot whose name is not "wedge" or "luke."

3Power
2008-01-08, 10:43 PM
Not to mention all the infantry and every rebel starfighter pilot whose name is not "wedge" or "luke."

Poor, poor, Porkins. :smallfrown:

DrivinAllNight
2008-01-08, 10:53 PM
I only wonder just how good of a thing Belkar had to have spotted to make saving Haley so worthwhile

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-01-08, 11:18 PM
:smallsigh: So much for the resistance. I had such high hopes for them. I was hoping they would stick around for a while. :smallfrown:

Anyway, I hope Belkar can come to the rescue. I hope whatever it is he saw can help them escape. Maybe it's something that will help them flee the city and join up with Elan or something.

The next few comics will be very interesting.

Warlord JK
2008-01-08, 11:36 PM
I never did really enjoy horror movies.

Traker
2008-01-08, 11:44 PM
nether do i.But i think wut ever it is prabubly emportunt

SteveMB
2008-01-09, 12:01 AM
I never did really enjoy horror movies.

I'd enjoy seeing Haley kick Wes Craven's ass.

Wonton
2008-01-09, 12:20 AM
I'm scared for Haley. I like it when the good guys win...

#Raptor
2008-01-09, 12:25 AM
Well so much for the Azure city resistance.

How much of you think that Xykon is watching all of this happilly while holding bets for the hobgoblins and fiendish coackraces about who wins? Or that at the last moment, when Haley is at the brink of defeat, Xykon teleports in and tells Tsukiko to leave her alone, because otherwise he wouldn't have anything to entertain himself?

Ah, but to scry on Haley our favorite mad sorcerer would have to bother with her name. :smalltongue:

Doctor Zuber
2008-01-09, 12:51 AM
Lol, my oh my...

I find some amusement in how Tsukiko is neatly manipulating Thanh by sending him to go attack "that thief" (not haley by name). Which actually makes a lot of sense for Thanh since he was a pretty stuffy paladin. Not as bad as Miko, but still quite stuffy. My take is kind of that Thanh has pretty much wanted to take out Belkar and Haley the whole time, but circumstances left that as not really an option.

And I did mention that this was one of those win it immediatelly or run type of encounters. If you think this is bad now consider what would happen if Xycon or Redcloak show up, which is entirely possible. Haley needs to get the crap outta there, NOW!

The one thing in Haleys favor is Belkar. Can you imagine the fallout from that dramatic rescue? To be saved by Belkar? Oh nos! Oh the embaressment for Haley. =P

Lex-Kat
2008-01-09, 01:31 AM
Lol, my oh my...

The one thing in Haleys favor is Belkar. Can you imagine the fallout from that dramatic rescue? To be saved by Belkar? Oh nos! Oh the embaressment for Haley. =P

I agree. Here's hoping that Haley saves her own bacon, and her behind as well.

Exalted_Hater
2008-01-09, 02:16 AM
YES!!! It is time for Wes Craven to be a$$ kicked! You go Haley!!!

Jimorian
2008-01-09, 02:35 AM
Prediction:

Belkar saves Haley and kills the flying ponytailed howitzer, triggering his mark of justice.

I think you're spot on here. Before we made the switch to Haley/Belkar, I was saying that storywise, with everybody else forgetting/dismissing him, Belkar would probably do something epic that would make Haley completely support him if any of the other OOTS members gave him guff when they finally get back together. I think this is going to be that moment.

David Argall
2008-01-09, 03:46 AM
Hmm .. upon careful reflection, I'm thinking Haley should have simply abandoned the Paladin to the wight to be level-drained.

Story heros don't do sensible things like that.

Bluecloak
2008-01-09, 04:28 AM
What, Isamu got killed?! But he was a named NPC:smalleek:

Of course, he can still walk and talk... Maybe having a name does not actually protect NPC:s from being killed, but rather ensures they will remain in the story in some form.

Nerd_Paladin
2008-01-09, 04:57 AM
Of course, this is a Rich Burlew comic, so naturally everything is the Paladin's fault.

Megalomaniac2
2008-01-09, 10:24 AM
"I'm a mystic theurge, I have more spells than you have hit points!"

Lol, nice callback to Leeky there. Other than that, this one had a very weak punchline. It would have been much funnier with the first half just cut out; as it is it was much too wordy to be punchy.

Talya
2008-01-09, 10:29 AM

And many Bothans.

And Baal Organa along with the entire population of Alderaan.

And Mace Windu, along with the entire Jedi Order...

Mechsae
2008-01-09, 12:23 PM
Hey, why is Haley entangled? Orb of electricity should only entangle those wearing metal armor...

I'm going to side with something involving "static electricity" or "residual charge" for the "after shock"

Also, FujinAkari, that assumes I believe that either Tsukino or Haley is going to bite the big one during this conflict.