PDA

View Full Version : Deathtrap

boomwolf
2008-01-08, 02:01 PM
You all start the same, but separated..

You wake up in a cell, alone and powerless. after quick attempts you figure that there is nothing you can do to escape it.
You can see that all your equipment is on you, including a ring that is not yours and a blank paper.

You can hear a voice, the voice of the king, saying the following:

"The rules of this game is simple. each one to reach to the finish may leave and gain his freedom, if you first don't succeed, you die.
However, this is not that easy. only 3 can ever go out.

This maze has two part of it, at the first part you are to locate one of nine keys, once you do you must protect it while going to the gate that you also need to locate, the key allows you to go to the second level with anyone you want to take with you.
For the second part you must secure three keys and reach the exit, the three keys will allow a single person and all animal companions or such he commands to leave, but none other.

The fun begins with the paper. on this magical paper you can see the face of anyone holding each key, and whether he is a competitor or a part of the maze. the paper will only show his true face, not any mask or deception.
Whenever anything on the paper changes, he will send you a telepathic message.

The ring on the other end, it makes it so that as long you are in here, you need not eat, sleep, drink or any natural need to survive. also, each time a competitor goes to level 2, or leave the maze it will grant you full regeneration of your health, magic and natural abilities.

Also, each key is capable of unlocking some secret passages, armories, chests full of potions and other useful items.

Best of luck, you will need it to survive the other competitors and the handful of traps and machines waiting to kill you.

By the way, I gave three keys to competitors, so the real fun will begin early."

As you look at the paper you see the following appear onto it: (regulary updated.)

Red key: held by a red dragon, competitor.
Blue key: held by an elf with an arrow tatto, competitor
Yellow key: held by a golden lizardman, competitor.
Purple key: held by a shadow dragon, competitor.
Orange key: held by a creature with black skin and flaming hair, competitor.
Green key: held by an ent, maze.
Black key: held by some shadow, competitor.
White key, held by a human with blue eyes, competitor.
Rainbow key: held by nothing.

A few minutes later, a trap door opens and you fall down to a room with a single door, you hear a counting by some mechanic voice, once it reaches 84 the door opens. and you hear "LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Diarmuid
2008-01-08, 05:23 PM
Phynder

Picking himself up off the ground, he stared at the paper in bewilderment for a moment before he faded from view, thinking to himself,

Well, that's just perfect. I certainly hope I run into just about anything other than either of the dragons down here. How on earth did the king catch, and better yet, convict a dragon of a crime and get it into this gods-forsaken maze?

Activate Walk Unseen.
Activate Spider Walk.
[roll0] to the wall and up to the ceiling.
Activate See the Unseen.
Activate Entropic Warding.

Equip my shield.

Begin moving out of the cell at half speed moving silently along the ceiling.

[roll1]

He began looking for someone to become his new best friend, and the first big ugly strong thing he came across would be his first target.

First thing that looks somewhat tough, big and dumb, will be targetted by Charm from 60' away on the ceiling.

[roll2] (5% chance from shield)

DC is will 17, SR applies.

No matter what the outcome, first action directly after activating Charm will be to reactivate Walk Unseen.

[roll3] (5% chance from shield)

ForzaFiori
2008-01-08, 08:30 PM
Ulfgar picks himself up off the ground, running a hand through his beard to rid it of tangles. Picking up his axe, he looks around. "Well, not the loveliest place I've seen, but it could be worse. Now, off to find these rings.

He sets off to the left, following the outer wall. if the wall takes a turn, he turns, always staying next to the left hand wall
EX
-----------------
.........||..............
.||.
.||.............
.||-------- .

- and | are walls, with ....representing path.

If Ulfgar comes across anyone, he will attempt peaceful negotiations, with the hopes of working together. If attacked, he immediately defends himself

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-09, 12:03 AM
Cael

Cael stands and dusts himself off. "Ready for this B?" He speaks to his simian companion who nods and grins. cael picks up a pebble and makes it shine."Go guard the door while I cast a few spells." The ape moves to the door, ready to attack any intruders, while Cael starts a few incantations.

Once ready they step out of the room, and head left with Broddie leading the way.

Spells cast, in order if interrupted while casting.
-Light.
These are shared with companion (share range is 30 feet thanks to the Companion Spellbond feat).
-Greater mage Armor
-Barkskin
-Heart of Earth
Cast on Broddie:
-Enhance Familiar

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-09, 12:57 AM
Shadow Dragon

The small dragon eyes the letter left to him, nosing it curiously as he considers the pretty symbols. He looked at the images, not quite sure what they meant. Did this indicate what he was to be doing as his 'punishment'? The guards mentioned in some snide remarks he understood he was to be 'entertainment', perhaps they intended him to fight these beings? Maybe if he did, they would let him out of this exceptionally dark place?

He studies the faces for a moment before taking it in one claw and stuffing the paper into one of his gloves just before letting out a sharp shriek as he plummets down the trap door. Landing flat on the floor, the dragon regains his footing and heads to the door, making little effort to be quiet as he opens it, but taking every precaution to hide himself and his footfalls as he makes his way through the maze.

He wanders aimlessly in search of his prey, taking every single turn that comes upon him until he senses some positive direction of progress to head towards.

90% concealment automatically.
[roll0]
[roll1] Moving at 45ft/round

First thing to come across that requires a check
[roll2]
[roll3]

boomwolf
2008-01-09, 01:00 AM
sorry about the triple posting, I had really bad connection problems back then.

Anyway, waiting for the other player, or until 3 hours form now, whatever comes first.

king of griff:

In case it was not clear, you now hold the purple key, you found it on the floor.

BTW-its 1d20, not 11d20. :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2008-01-09, 02:46 AM
Ansen

Picking him self up and checking the paper, Ansen smiles to himself.

"Well, this should be funny. Now all I have to do is find one of the key holders and we'll see it from there on."

Casting Undetectable alignment, lasts for 24 hours.

[roll0]

He then wanders out of his cell and starts checking his suorrondings.

boomwolf
2008-01-09, 03:52 AM
OK. things are moving now!

I am now working on moving the maps unto computer format, so you will have records of where you visited before.

Phynder
Moving on the ceiling you quickly note a fork in the way, and someone is coming from one of them, an attempt to charm him fails and he says "not so easy mage!" looking right at you, you disappear from his sight, but he still manages to follow your moves somehow.

Ulfgar
That plan gets you out of problems for awhile, but you are targeted by some blade trap, you might want a reflex roll. DC 15 or take [roll0] points of slashing damage, the trap will fully fold itself back to hidden anyway.

Cael
You move down a strait corridor that forks once, after some walk you hear a voice from behind saying "What do we have here?" but you cant see anyone.

Shadow Dragon
You quickly figure that you are walking in circles, not good. you take some other turn and find yourself standing in front of a very large pit, and there is a purple keyhole 50 feet away in a wall on the other side of that pit.

Ansen
after a quick walk you encounter a man with a silver armor, the one holding the white key. he looks at you with a wierd look as though as he is trying to see something, the he says "another son of darkness I see before me."

ForzaFiori
2008-01-09, 06:29 AM
Ulfgar

Ulfgar walks through the blades, not bothing to dodge, knowing that he will be fine in a few seconds. He pauses, watching the gashes on his arm slowly go from new wound to month old scar in little more than 6 seconds. Every time his healing works, it still amazes him.

The damage heals fully by the start of the next round, so why bother with a save? Ulfgar continues along the wall, keeping an eye out for traps this time.

search: [roll0]

Mordokai
2008-01-09, 06:29 AM
Ansen

A little upset at his spell failing, Ansen walks around and when he encounters one of the competitors with a key, his face splits in a grin. Hearing him speak, se retorts:

"Don't worry, soon you won't be seeing anything but darkness."

If I can, I'll use a move action to move next to him, then cast quickened Slay living, using one Rebuke undead from my pool. Fortitude DC 20 or die. If he saves:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Also, using Divine spell power to enhance my spell(using one more Rebuke undead attempt):

[roll2](+1 because of 12 CHA, +2 because of five ranks in Knowledge:Religion and +3 because of feat itself)

Since I won't be seeing the result I'd ask you to do the math for me. If you deem that two free actions are too much for one round I'll just use the quicken spell ability and let go of Divine spell power.

If he survives the spell, follow by the attack with great axe, augmented with my smite ability:

[roll3]
[roll4]

If he is too far, cast Bull's strength(normal, no quickening) to get +4 to strength for 12 minutes.

[roll5]

[roll6]

Also, if that hit hits, loss of one point of CON.

boomwolf
2008-01-09, 07:48 AM
Ulfgar
this time its is not a trap, but a bunch of undead, you can see them about 60 ft. from you, and a mage is on the other side, striking them with some sort of spell.

Ansen
He takes the spell, and then smiths YOU for 32 damage with his longsword that appeared out of nowhere. (I roll at table so you cant see what he has.)
As the axe comes down on him he attempts a dodge but fails.
next round action?

Mordokai
2008-01-09, 08:02 AM
Ansen

Grunting after been hit, Ansen redoubles his attack.

After being explained how this stuff works, I'll just take 5 foot step away from him and cast Bull's strenght. And that will be it.

Diarmuid
2008-01-09, 09:22 AM
Phynder

He was not necessarily surprised when his charm failed, he was more used to using it to deal with simple townspeople and whatnot, but the man's ability to follow his moves while invisible deemed this one a threat worth dealing with now.

Drawing his mace, he pointed it at the man and unleashed a blast of acidic energy at him.

[roll0]

Move Action = Draw mace.
Standard Action = Eldritch Blast, Vitriolic Blast
Swift Action = Add additional 1d6 damage via Warlock's Scepter

[roll1] (Additional +1 if within 30')
[roll2] +1 damage if with 30' (6d6 base, +2d6 Chausible of Fell Power, +1d6 Warlock's Scepter, +1d6 attacking from above with Piercer's Cloak)
Not subject to Spell Resistance, Acid damage.
Will deal an additional 2d6 damage for the next two rounds.

As he unleashes the blast, he mutters to the man

"Now look what you've gone and made me do."

Mordokai
2008-01-09, 09:27 AM
Rolling for spell failure from last round, I forgot to do it before.

[roll0]

boomwolf
2008-01-09, 10:27 AM
Ansen
The man smiles, takes a step backwords and puts his hand on his heart, the hand glows with blue for a moment and his wounds disappear.

Phynder
The man looks at you and laugh and he take the ray saying "is this the best you can do?" as his body changes, revealing a werewolf hybrid, then he says "surrender and I might let you live, magescum." as he claws you, dealing 21 damage (yes, he manages to reach you.)

Mordokai
2008-01-09, 11:42 AM
Ansen

A little annoyed with his opponent, Ansen smiles back.

"Laught at this, buddy."

Five feet back, casting Flame strike, Reflex DC 20 for half a damage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-09, 01:42 PM
Cael

Cael and his companion stop, trying to pinpoint the voice's source. "Ready yourself friend" he speaks to the ape in a language only they can understand. "Show yourself!" he screams at the darkness, while he begins to cast a spell. Broddie stands next to him, gripping his axe firmly.

Cael:
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Broddie:
Listen: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]

Using speak with master.
Casting see invisibility shared with Broddie.

Diarmuid
2008-01-09, 02:35 PM
Phynder

With a raise of his eyebrow at the change in his opponent, he spares a glance down at the wound the thing's claw has opened up. With a dismissive shrug, he once again points his mace at the creature and unleashes a blast of acidic energy.

Standard action = Eldritch Blast, Vitriolic Blast again using scepter to add an additional +1d6 damage.

[roll0] (+1 within 30')
[roll1] (+1 within 30') (Acid Damage, no SR)

As his second blast heads towards his foe, the initial blast continues to eat away at the thing's flesh and bones.

[roll2] (Round 1 of continuous damage)

"If you run away now, I might let you leave with your life."

[roll3]

For reference purposes, how high us the ceiling here?

ForzaFiori
2008-01-09, 07:44 PM
Ulfgar

"Oh yes! I've been longing for a fight! Ulfgar says, moving into the undead, swinging his axe.

initiative:

run up to the closest undead(full round action)

next round, when i can do something:
full attack.
attack 1: [roll1]
damage 1: [roll2]+[roll3]

attack 2: [roll4]
damage 1: [roll5]+[roll2d6+7

boomwolf
2008-01-10, 07:11 AM
rolled damage 2 for you as you screwed it.

Cael
Even WITH the see invisibility spell you can see nothing. are you sure you are using the right spell here?

Ansen
The man dodges the blast with little room for error, but he gets out of it unharmed. then he strikes you with his blade for 12 damage saying "get off my way mongrel!".

Phynder
The creature dodges your ray, but suffers some pain from the next. he attempts to strike you down, but misses all attacks. then he says "Well, this might take awhile."

Ulfgar
The undead ignore you almost fully, but one strikes you for 5 damage, you feel something is wrong when you get hurt but you are not sure what.
At the next round you brake that undead apart.

For reference purposes, the ceiling is about 15 ft. at all places you are in right now.

Mordokai
2008-01-10, 08:55 AM
Ansen

Unharmed, as in, no damage at all? Jesus, what are you throwing at me here? Paladin12/rogue5, or some similar monstrosity? :smalltongue:

Anyway, once again, five feet back nad cast Summon Monster V, choosing to summon medium earth elemental on the other side of the guy so both of us get flanking.

[roll0]

Provided that I managed to cast the spell and that the elemental can attack in the same round

[roll1]
[roll2]

boomwolf
2008-01-10, 12:05 PM
Ansen
He is using the same build as a well-known character from a well-known webcomic.

In any way, he takes a hit from the elemental, but on his turn he destroy it with a few good slashes.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-10, 12:10 PM
Cael

"Well that didn't work, do you see anything?" he asks his companion who shakes his head. "Damn, well I think I can do better." Cael once again begins to cast a spell while the ape stands guard.

Cast listening lorecall shared with Broddie.
Cale gains +4 to listen, blindsense (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#blindsightAndBlindsense) out to 30 ft. and blindsight (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#blindsightAndBlindsense) out to 15 ft.

Mordokai
2008-01-10, 02:37 PM
Ansen

Taking five foot step towards him, full attack with power attack for two points.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Diarmuid
2008-01-10, 02:52 PM
Phynder

Dodging out of the way was tricky from the ceiling, but he had managed it. Raising his mace again he did not immediately attack, instead offering an alternative course of action.

"Well, rather than sit here beating on one another and whichever one of us prevails being easy prey for whatever we face next...we could strike an arrangement and work together."

Having said his piece he holds ready to attack should the creature prove unwilling to negotiate.

While he waits, he notes the acid seems to have mostly stopped burning the creature.

Round 2 of continued Acid damage from original attack: [roll0]

Not sure whether Bluff or Diplomacy would be better used here, as he would consider working with the creature, but likely would break any accord when it became convenient and would expect the same from this thing.

Bluff mod = +13, Diplomacy mod = +5.

Readying the action to attack, if the creature attacks.

Eldritch Blast, Vitriolic Blast, 1 charge from Warlock's Scepter.

[roll1] (Point Blank bonus accounted for)
[roll2] (Acid, no SR, Point Blank bonus included)

boomwolf
2008-01-10, 02:56 PM
Cael
you sense him 15 ft. to your right, but you see a wall right next to you.

Ansen
You manage to hit him only with the second strike, then he says "You are no match to me in combat", but horribly misses a chain of slashes.

Phynder
The creature asks you "What do you have in mind mage? Why should I trust you?". and he seems jest as prepared to continue the fight as you are.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-10, 03:07 PM
Cael

"Well this is odd, I sense whatever it might be behind this wall." He approaches the wall and tries to interact with it. If it is solid he will look for a way around the wall. If none if found he will cast yet another spell.

If the wall is real, and there is no way around Cael will cast detect magic, and study the area.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-10, 03:12 PM
Shadow Dragon

Not requiring a very long period of thought to put his key and the door together, the Shadow Dragon merely flies across, unlocks and opens the door and walks through. It would make sense that if this were the way out, others would soon head this way. One thought did trouble him about his though.

If this place is to hold its occupants, why do I have the key?

Once past the door, the dragon takes little effort to conceal his movements, but stays wary. He carefully continues exploring, taking every single turn he can and getting as good a sense of the area as possible. He shall need it if he is to make any plans.

[roll0]
[roll1]

boomwolf
2008-01-10, 04:02 PM
Hehe, I actually hoped that would happen.

Cael
The moment you touch the wall, your hand goes right into it, like its not there. at the same moment the voice says "damn. it was a good spell." then you notice that an attack is coming at you from below, some glowing purely-magical arms are going out of the earth and attempts to grab you.
The voice says "My trademark spell, I invented this one."
42 damage. Ref 15 for half.

Shadow Dragon
the moment you open the door a bridge comes up to replace the hole. on the other side you see a very insane-looking human with a really big hammer. saying "Hello, my name is maxwell, I kill stuff."

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-10, 04:40 PM
Shadow Dragon

The dragon jumps back a step, hissing and showing off his sharp teeth in surprise to see someone on the other side of the door addressing him. Not knowing what was said, he merely says "Good-bye." and begins to quickly sink into the stone and disappear.

Now somewhat safe, the dragon panics. Someone had been anticipated his movements, and now he was stuck in a stone. His next move will need to be thought upon, but at least he had the time to do so. This hammer-man will not have the ability to destroy the whole floor in which he resided.

Activating Ring of Meld into Stone and waiting.
For reference, the dragon can only speak and understand Draconic.

Mordokai
2008-01-10, 04:41 PM
Ansen

Repeat the action from before.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Also, I hope you took two points of CON damage into account.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-10, 04:49 PM
Cael

Cael is not surprised as his hand goes through the wall, he was almost expecting it too. The magical hands on the other hand are a complete surprise. "Ohh what in...". Cael tries shakes off the attack. "Over here!"He yells at Broddie then takes the form of a brown bear, casts a spell, and moves and roar next to the caster. Broddies follows his master swinging his axe in anger.

save: [roll0]
Is the attacker now visible?
Swift action: shift thanks to mantle of the beast.

Standard action: Casting bite of the werewolf shared with Broddie:
- +2 str, +4 dex, +4 con, +4 nat armor ( which doesnt matter because of barkskin), gain a bite attack, and the blind fight feat.

Move action: Moves next to the enemy.

Broddies charge attack: [roll1] (+2 charge, +2 enhance familiar)
Damage: [roll2] (+2 enhance familiar)
if the target if invisible, miss chance(1-50 = miss)
[roll3]
blind fight reroll: [roll4]

Stats:
Cael: AC: 26, HP: 127.
Broddie: AC: 35, HP: 154

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-10, 05:04 PM
((Sorry for the doable post)

Crit confirm on axe: [roll]1d20 +19[roll]
Damage should be 3d6 not 1d12 so ill roll 3 items here, the first roll will be the damage if it's not a crit. (x3 multiplier :smallbiggrin: :
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-10, 05:11 PM
((Triple post because I'm dumb, do we have an OOC thread by the way?))

Crit confirm [roll0]

ForzaFiori
2008-01-10, 06:14 PM
Ulfgar

Ulfgar shrugs off the damage, knowing that the wounds will be gone soon. He continues to fight through the undead, swinging his axe in powerful strokes left and right.

If an undead is next to me, I attack it and move farther into the undead (trying to make it so that they're pretty much all around, less moving around on my part then.)
attack 1: [roll0]
damage 1:[roll1]+[roll2]

If there is no undead, then i move to the closest one and then attack.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-10, 06:16 PM
edit, got my damage wrong there.

damage: [roll0]+[roll1]

Diarmuid
2008-01-10, 11:09 PM
Phynder

Relaxing only slightly, he offers a quick scenario he hopes the lycan will find acceptable.

"Well, we're both criminals so trust is going to come with difficulty, but you seem hard to kill, I'm hard to kill...and there's three people that will make it out of here eventually. No reason two of those people cant be us. Let's find some people on the papers we have and take their keys. Or...we could both just turn around and take our chances with whatever else we run into."

Brandishing his mace a bit, he offers a scenario he hopes the lycan will find less appealing,

"Or...you can keep trying to shred me, and I can keep throwing acid at you."

His voice indicates this last option is not his favorite.

Continuing to keep an attack the ready.

boomwolf
2008-01-11, 06:39 AM
Shadow Dragon

The human starts bashing the wall, getting closed to you.
Then you hear a voice in draconic "That human scared you off too?"

Ansen

The man falls to the ground, saying "I admit my defeat here. while I can keep fighting I will eventually lose." as he casts another heal spell on himself.

Cael

Well, that was a waste, you hit yet another illusion.
You can hear the voice taunting you saying "Never fought an illusion master before did you?" as another set of arms rises to strike you from the ground. dealing another 15 damage.

Ulfgar

You hit another undead jest to hear him say "damn this was a stupid disguise." and he draws a dagger.

Phynder

The hybrid thinks about your speech, then he meditates for a few seconds and you can see his body going through some minor transformation. then he says "I hope you also got a way to heal yourself, I know where to find that red dragon."

ForzaFiori
2008-01-11, 08:50 AM
Ulfgar turns and concentrates on the other undead, leaving the talking one for last. If thats a disguise, he'd like to know what he originally looked like, and that means he needs to be alive.

once more, i will get close to an undead other than the talking one and attack.
Full Attack (if i'm next to one already)
attack 1:[roll0]

attack 2: [roll3]
damage 2:[roll4]+[roll5]

if i have to move to get to one, only use attack one.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-11, 09:12 AM
Shadow Dragon

"Yesss...", he states, drawing out into a hiss of displeasure and annoyance. He does a double take (as best as one can when merged with a few tons of stone) and ask, "Wait, who is speaking?"

Diarmuid
2008-01-11, 10:18 AM
Phynder

Pleased to have at least survived his first encounter, he was not so sure he was going to survive the second.

He thought to himself as he replaced the mace in its loop on his belt and grabbed the two wands tied together from behind his belt. Spinning it a bit so the proper one was facing him, he hissed the command word and let the magical energies seep into him. He replaces the wand in his belt, hoping that it's magics will be enough to see him through this endeavor.

Take 10 on Use Magic Deive to use 1 Charge from my Wand of Lesser Vigor, healing 9 points over the next 9 rounds

"I have my ways of doing most things. As a token of good faith, thought it seems somewhat unnecessary in your case, I will refrain from using my powers of invisibility while we travel together. Praytell, do lead on. I would hazard my spells will likely be shrugged off by a dragon, but I have yet to find anything that can easily shrug off my acid blasts...that is when I can hit them."

He nods with respect at the creature who was able to do just that,

"But I would wager a dragon is not likely to be as dextrous in avoiding such attacks, normally relying on its tough hide to turn away attacks. I do not need to pierce its hide though."

After 9 rounds, another charge off the wand

Mordokai
2008-01-11, 01:45 PM
Ansen

Raising his axe for another swing, Ansen is more than little surprised when his opponent surrenders. At other times he wouldnt hesitate to chop his head off, while having such a clean advantage. However, he is smart enought to know that killing everything in his path won't lead far in this maze.

"Very well paladin. For now, I'll accept your defeat. However, give me one good reason why not to kill you right now? Besides your key, that is. And don't try to be a hero, I'm keeping my eyes and axe trained on you."

Ready action to coup de grace him if he tries anything funny, like reaching for his weapon, casting a spell, or similar. I'm guessing that he is in a pose for me to perform coup de grace. If not, just a regular attack. Also

[roll0]

to see if I know what he just casted. Repeat the roll if he tries to cast anything again.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-11, 02:44 PM
Cael

Broddie roars in angers as his perfect atttack just cuts through an illusion. Cael joins in and screams "You better keep hiding, when I find you I will tear you apart!" which sadly given his current form sounds more like "Roar ROAR roar ROar." Cael will keep using his blindsense/sight to spot the caster, if he spots him or another illusion both will charge it.

Broddie:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
In case of crit:

Confirm: [roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]

Cael:
Claw:
Damage: [roll]1d6+ 10
Improved grad starting a grapple if claw hits:
Grapple check: (+9 str, +4 size)
In case of crit:

Confirm: [roll7]
Damage: [roll]1d6+ 10

Stats:
Cael: AC: 24, HP: 117.
Broddie: AC: 33, HP: 154

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-11, 02:56 PM
((more rolling mistakes :smallfurious: ))

Damage: [roll0]

boomwolf
2008-01-11, 06:45 PM
Ulfgar
While you take down another undead, the second strike misses.
They seem to be limitless, they keep coming. but both you, that wizard, and the idiot that attempted to look undead are all fighting them pretty well, and the undead seem to miss quite alot.

Shadow Dragon
You hear the voice answering in draconic "My name is tiktik, a kobold cleric." then another bash on the wall and he says "we cant stay here for long."

Phynder
"Finally someone that does not die from a little scratch." says the werewolf with pleasure. "Mind telling me what kind of mage are you anyway?" he asks, then he goes down on four and start moving as he sniffs the ground.

Ansen
He has casted cure light wounds.
"Well. its simple." he says "Even if you do kill me you will be too wounded to go on." he says with a smug face. "You cannot afford to kill me."

OOC: he never left his sword, it is still in his hand.

Cael

Both you and the ape sense him, but each sense him in another place.
You each charge at the one you sense, while the ape is still mad on hitting illusions you struck a real figure this time.
The figure curses, then cast some sort of ray at you. 73 damage unless you make a DC 18 will save, then its only 13 damage.
As the ray strikes he says "Your mind makes it real you little creep."

Diarmuid
2008-01-11, 06:57 PM
Phynder

After activating his wand, he moves to follow the lycan from his ceiling vantage point. While moving, he activates his Detect Magic ability to see if this thing might have anything of use should it perish for some reason.

Keeping his voice quiet, he offers a vague reply,

"I am not exactly a wizard, but I command many fell powers."

I have accounted for the 18 rounds (1 min, 48 seconds) of healing from the 2 charges of my wand on my sheet, if it doesnt get that far, just tell me how many rounds of healing I was able to get through.

boomwolf
2008-01-11, 07:46 PM
Phynder
2 minutes is not that long, the maze is not tiny ya know.
In any way the hybrid replies "Then what are you if not a wizard? I never encountered such an attack." he says with a curios voice.

You can see very little magic on him. glove-claws, vest, and two rings is all you can see.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-11, 10:11 PM
Shadow Dragon

"Agreed." he hisses back to the kobold... Whatever that was. "If I come out and move to the right side of the human, will you come out and move to his left so we may flank him, Tiktik? We could do so on a three-count."

If Tiktik agrees to the plan, the dragon shall count to three and emerge from the stone towards the humans right side (closer to the door), and Tiktik towards the left side (farther from the door), so it would be like this

|.|
|D|
|H|W
|T|
|.|
D- Open Door/Dragon
H- Human
W- Wall hiding spot
T- Tiktik

Upon exiting, he will make a full attack.
1d20 19=39, 1d8 7=15,
1d20 17=33, 1d4 3=4,
1d20 17=27, 1d4 3=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1459307/)

Confirm Critical on bite, Extra damage
1d20 19=37, 1d8 7=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1459308/)

Diarmuid
2008-01-12, 12:04 AM
Phynder

I didnt figure 2 mins was all that long, but I just wanted to make sure.

Not quite ready to divulge too much information, the warlock simply replies,

"I am a conduit for fell energies that I have learned to shape in many different ways. Are we almost there?"

He tries to keep his voice to but a whisper, so as to not give their positions away.

Just FYI, still active:

See the Unseen (See Invisibility)
Entropic Warding (Ranged attacks 20% miss chance, cannot be tracked by scent)
Spider Walk (Spider Climb)

Does it appear that the damage that was caused by the acid has begun to heal on the lycan?

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-12, 12:41 AM
Cael

Cael tries to withstand the ray, roaring to get Broddie's attention. Broddie tries o join into the melee. He will keep wailing on the creature, still trying to grapple.

Save: [roll0]

Broddie:
Attack: [roll1], extra +2 if charge is possible.
Damage: [roll2]
In case of crit:

Confirm: [roll3]
Damage:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Cael:
Claw 1: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Claw 1: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]
Bite: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]
Improved grad starting a grapple if a claw hits:
Grapple check: [roll12] (+9 str, +4 size)
In case of crit:

Confirm: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]
Confirm: [roll15]
Damage: [roll16]

Stats:
Cael: AC: 24, HP: 99.
Broddie: AC: 35 (-2 of charging), HP: 154

Mordokai
2008-01-12, 03:00 AM
Ansen

Smirk crossing his face, Ansen tells his opponent:

"So you're offering me your help with healing? And then what? Would we go on together? I really doubt any of would like the other as ally. And while at that, don't worry about me, I have healing of my own. I'm not going to use is however, until you present a danger to me.

However, allies are a commodity that can't be thrown away in times like this. If you can withstand my company without trying to kill me every time I turn my back on you than I'm willing to put our, shall we say, ideological, differences aside for the moment. So, make my mind easy, and we can tackle this maze together."

Keeping an action at the ready, should he try anything funy.

boomwolf
2008-01-12, 06:43 AM
Shadow Dragon
"Like I have a choice." says the kobold as you both get out of the stone, you strike the human as he attempts to cast a spell on him, but fails.

Phynder
As you reach to a door of some sort you can see him stopping, then he says "He is after this door. are you ready?"

Cael
as you attack him he suddenly disappear, and reappear some distance away, trying to catch his breath he says "Good thing I learned this blink spell."

Ansen
he looks at you. then he says "I offered nothing, I jest hoped jasrid will help." then you feel a strike coming from behind, dealing you 32 damage.

Mordokai
2008-01-12, 10:06 AM
Ansen

Howling in pain, Ansen immediately gets to work to correct his mistake.

Coup de grace the bastard, with full power attack.

[roll1]
[roll2]

If he is still in pose for me to perform that. If not, just a normal full attack, and since I believe he is prone that give me +4 to attack.

[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

If he tries to get up, AoO:

[roll7]
[roll8]

EDIT: confirming the crit on second attack

[roll=Confirm crit]1d20+14
1d12+10

Also, every damage is at +10, since the axe is +1, so add that damage for me, since I can't fix rolles without messing them.

"Where did we get if you can't trust even a paladin to be honest."

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-12, 11:30 AM
Shadow Dragon

The dragon roars and hisses at it swings its bite for the humans thighs, then props himself onto his back legs and rakes his claws down upon his target.

Another full attack
1d20 19=33, 1d8 7=9,
1d20 17=21, 1d4 3=4,
1d20 17=31, 1d4 3=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1459769/)

Diarmuid
2008-01-12, 11:34 AM
Phynder

Holding up a hand with one finger extended as if to say "One second", his other hands moves towards his belt for his wands again, but not too fast to cause alarm.

With deliberate motions, he points the wand at himself and utters a word of arcane power. Then, he flips the wands around so the other faces himself and speaks the same word he had spoken when invoking the healing powers of the wand.

Cast Mirror Image,
3 minute duration
[roll0]

then

Cast Lesser Vigor
11 round duration

Replacing the wand at his belt, he offers a nod to the lycan and draws his mace.

boomwolf
2008-01-12, 01:54 PM
A mental announcement rings in your head *Orange key changes hands*

Ansen
His attempts to stop your attack are futile. and he screams in pain as he attempts to heal himself. on the other hand, more attacks are coming from behind. this time a few shurikens strike you, dealing 16 damage total, but another one hits the paladin, killing him.

Shadow Dragon
The human takes the hits, then delivers a quick set of bashed to your head, dealing you 32 damage. then he gets struck by some spell the kobold casted, falling to the ground, dead.

Phynder
Nice roll on the images, but its rather pointless VS dragons. you know, AOE.

The lycan opens the door, and you can see a young red dragon facing the other way, not much bigger then yourself. clearly he is intrested more on something at the other side.

Mordokai
2008-01-12, 02:48 PM
Ansen

Panting heavily from the damage taken, Ansen quickly looks around to make sure that nobody would disrupt him while healing himself.

Check if anybody is in the vicinity. If it's close enought to threaten him with AoO, Ansen will take five foot step away. If nobody is near, he will move with back towards nearest wall and cast Heal on himself, healing 120 points of damage, returning him to full hit points. All the time he will try to spot any danger nearby.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Diarmuid
2008-01-12, 02:55 PM
Phynder

Is the area past the door just another hallway, or a room? While they wont help from getting caught in a breath weapon, neither will the be destroyed by it either. Consider it a precaution against my lycan friend as well as the dragon.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-12, 03:22 PM
Cael

"Ohh don't run now, the fun is just beginning." Cael thinks about shifting to cast a spell, but in the end he just want to eat this thing. Both animals once again go after their target.

Broddie:
Attack: [roll0], extra +2 if charge is possible.
In case of crit:

Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]

Cael:
Claw: [roll5], extra +2 if charge is possible.
Damage: [roll6]
Grapple check: [roll7] (+9 str, +4 size)
In case of crit:

Confirm: [roll8]

Stats:
Cael: AC: 26 (-2 of charging), HP: 99.
Broddie: AC: 35 (-2 of charging), HP: 154

ForzaFiori
2008-01-12, 09:32 PM
Ulgar, realizing the undead aren't stopping, proposes an idea to his fellow fighters. Hey, how about we get out of here? There's no end to them! We can fall back, and the head off and get away.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-12, 10:42 PM
Shadow Dragon

The Dragon takes a short look at the human on the ground, then dismisses the body from his mind. Climbing over the corpse, he gets a closer look at the kobold. "Thank you for the help.", he says, rubbing at the lumps at his head, under which might possibly be a concussion. He eyes up the short, scaley creature, perhaps in the same way he would one of the smaller sewer rats that wouldn't hiss at him before being eaten swiftly.

Fortunately, the ring he was given made sure he was not very hungry...

Hmm... Cute. "I am not quite sure what is going on. Perhaps you could tell me?", he asks while pulling the scroll out of his gloves, "I could not read this at all."

boomwolf
2008-01-13, 07:46 AM
Ansen
With a good spot roll you can spot the attacker, well hidden in the shadows.

Phynder
you cannot see from your current position, the dragon blocks your view.

Cael
The figure laughs as your charge on him, then a wall of hands rises between you two, grabbing you and stopping your movement.

Ulgar
"nonesense" says the one with the dagger "The damn vampire has got to run out of them at some point, then he points at one of the undead.

Shadow Dragon
"Looks what I found out" he says in draconic, then says "Change" to the paper, and it all turns into draconic.
"You jest need to command it in your language and it will change itself. it works for anything that is part of the maze.
"In total, grab as many keys as possible and run for you life. 1 key will get you and all your friends to level two, 3 keys will get you out alone."

ForzaFiori
2008-01-13, 01:06 PM
Vampire? You wanna give me a quick explanation of whats going on here? Ulfgar asks, swinging his axe yet again.

damage 1: [roll1]+[roll2]

damage 2: [roll4]+[roll5]

Mordokai
2008-01-13, 01:46 PM
Ansen

Spoting his nemesis, Ansen yells at him:

"I see you! Come out and fight like a man!"

Charge and attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If charge not possible, cast Shield of faith, granting him +4 deflection bonus to AC, lasting 12 minutes, and move as close as possible.

[roll2]

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-13, 03:22 PM
Shadow Dragon

The dragon looks curiously over the paper once more, and takes stock of the pictures of the key holders. He looks back up at Tiktik, "There are nine keys, but you do not have any of them. If you accompany me, we may set an ambush for the key holders that make it to the second part of the maze, and collect five keys so we may both leave. If the others in this maze are as easily dispatched as this human, it should be a very simple hunt, yes?"

Diarmuid
2008-01-13, 08:23 PM
Phynder

With a shrug to his strange partner, he points to the dragon's back and then holds up three fingers as if to signal timing for them to coordinate their attacks. If the lycan seems to understand, Phynder will count down with his fingers,

and then he will draw his mace and unleash a blast of energy at the dragon's back if (and only if) he sees the lycan moving in for an attack also.

If the lycan makes no move towards the dragon, Phynder once again shrugs at him, his face saying,

"So, what now?"

If an attack is triggered:

Eldritch blast, Vitrolic blast essence

[roll0] (additional +1 if within 30')
[roll1] (additional +1 if within 30', not using charge from Warlock's Scepter. Acid damage, no SR)
[roll2] (additional damage if I am considerd attacking from higher ground)

If the attack misses, and I am within 30' use a swift action to use Ranged Recall to make another attack at -5.

[roll3] (additional +1 if within 30')
[roll4] (additional +1 if within 30', not using charge from Warlock's Scepter. Acid damage, no SR)
[roll5] (additional damage if I am considerd attacking from higher ground)

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-13, 08:44 PM
Cael

Cael tries to break free with Broddie's help.

How exactly should I break free?

boomwolf
2008-01-14, 08:22 AM
Ulfgar
"One of the bunch is a vampire that raises zombies that look jest like him" say the man with an incredible speed as both of you drop yet another undead, the caster is getting into trouble.

Ansen
"Why should I? I am no man." says a voice, as you get a few daggers stuck in you while you charge, dealing you 22 damage, while hitting target you see she is actually a girl, and cant be over fifteen.

Shadow Dragon
"I wish." says the kobold "Very few here are as dumb or as weak as this human. but its worth a shot."

Phynder
You can see the lycan changing gloves, then he runs with no sound to the dragon, striking him down with weird magical glow, at the same time your magic hits the lizard, but he jest turns to you and STARE at you. you can see blood dripping from his jaws, as his scales quickly turn gray.

Fort save please.

Cael
Its auto-brake. it only stops your charge, nothing more. very low power spell.

Mordokai
2008-01-14, 11:45 AM
Ansen

"What's a kid like you doing here? You should be home, holding your mother's skirt."

Full attack, with two points of power attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Diarmuid
2008-01-14, 12:34 PM
Phynder

[roll0]

For bookkeeping purposes, did the first attack hit and apparently had no effect? Or was the first a miss, and the Ranged Recall attack hit and apparently had no effect? Only asking as Ranged Recall can only be used 3/day.

Also, did the lycan's attack seem to harm the dragon/lizard-thing at all?

[roll1] (To possibly determine the effect from the lycan's gloves)

Will post with next actions depending on the results of the Fort save.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-14, 12:36 PM
Shadow Dragon

"Then let's go." commands the dragon as he turns around and walks over the humans corpses and through his door. He does not slow down his pace at first for the slower kobold, but stops occasionally to let him catch up. He does not mind taking a slower, more leasurely pace, secure in the thought he and his companion are the first to explore the area behind the doors.

"What has brought you down here, my friend?", he asks of Tiktik. "I know I was captured, caged, then sent here. I believe they had some statement as to 'why', but I could not understand what they said. Did they treat you any differently? Do you know why they do this?"

Exploring the second area in semi-random fashion, unless the kobold has some suggestion as to the final door out.
[roll0]
[roll1]

boomwolf
2008-01-14, 01:59 PM
Ansen
The kid takes the hits, but don't show any emotion. moves quickly back, far faster hen you can. then throws two dagger at you, one hits for 15 damage, and the other goes right next to your ear.

Phynder
I never said they have no effect. but only the recoil hit.

In any way, your failed throw led to some unpleasnt side-effect, like taking 11 damage and being knocked backwords. (20 ft, you are now prone.)

The gloves are some anti-dragon magic effect, you can be sure what it does, but the dragon's blood lits it up.

Shadow Dragon
The kobold says "Well, I killed a few of their people, they didn't seem to like that. humans hate things that hurt humans, or anything that human own."
He looks to the sides and says in a whisper "I figured out how to know the final doors, but I'll have to see them first."

Mordokai
2008-01-14, 02:17 PM
Ansen

AoO, if possible when she leaves the threatened square.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I'm guessing she is now out of reach for standard move-attack combo, so once again charge and attack. If she can be reached in a single move action, you roll full atack for me. Once again, two points of power attack, in any case.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Also, after the attack is finished, Ansen will try to appraise the condition she is in. Is she looking very hurt, any signs of heavy breathing, the likes. I'm guessing Heal check would be most appropriate for this, if any, so I'll roll on Heal.

[roll4]

If she is looking very hurt, Ansen will try to make her surrender and tell her he will let her go with her life, IF she gives him all the potions she has on her person. If she has no potions, half of her daggers that are left to her instead. Diplomacy, since he means it.

[roll5]

If she has, however, wihdrawnwhich I doubt, since she attacked in the same turn, but just to be sure I cowered all the possibilities), cast Shield of faith, +4 to AC, 12 minutes, move as close as possible.

[roll6]

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-14, 02:19 PM
Cael

Cael continues his march towards the figure. "ROAR", Broddie seems to a agree with the sentiment.

Broddie:
In case of crit:

Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]

Cael:
Claw: [roll5], extra +2 if charge is possible.
Damage: [roll6]
Grapple check: [roll7] (+9 str, +4 size)
In case of crit:

Confirm: [roll8]

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-14, 02:52 PM
Shadow Dragon

"Then let's finish exploring so we may exit quickly when we're ready.", the dragon says, stopping beside the kobold. "Perhaps you should ride me so we can search at a faster pace?"

Will begin moving at 90ft movement speed when/if the kobold hops on and continue as before. He'll stop if he see's any kind of door, of if the kobold urges him to stop.

Hopefully, he's making spot checks too.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Diarmuid
2008-01-14, 03:08 PM
Phynder

Ok, the way you said "he just turns and stares", I thought it had no effect. Having been knocked down, did I fall from the ceiling?

Not bothering to get up, 5 images of the warlock point his mace at the dragon and unleash a slightly more powerful blast of energy at the dragon.

Vitriolic Blast, Swift Action to use 1 charge from Warlock's Scepter
[roll0] (point blank bonus included)
[roll1] (no SR)

[roll2] (continuous damage from last round)

If attack misses, use Ranged Recall to make another attack at -5
[roll3] (point blank bonus included)
[roll4] (no SR)

As his energy flies at the beast, he gets to his feet and asks the lycan, somewhat annoyedly,

"That certainly doesnt look like a red dragon to me. I didnt think they came in grey..."

ForzaFiori
2008-01-14, 05:59 PM
Ulfgar heads towards the caster, taking out a zombie that is attacking him.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

boomwolf
2008-01-15, 05:24 AM
Ansen
the AoO missed, but the charge hit.
Unfortunatly she is still fine to fight, and keeps fighting like crazy, tossing a mass of shurikens at you dealing a total of 32 damage.

Cael
The wizard falls down from the mass of attacks, dying or dead. but not before he manages to strike you down with a spell.

Will save please. you take 23 damage and you are slowed unless you make a DC 25 will save, then you will take only 11 damage, ant no slow

Shadow Dragon
With him on your back you move alot quicker.
After a while he screams you to look out.
Take 22 damage. reflex 20 for half.

Phynder
"You don't say?" he says in a sadistic voice as the dragon's scales turn yellow, he shoots you both with some sort of lightning bolt.
Reflex save please.

((ooc: don't you LOVE the weird monsters I dig up for you?))

Ulfgar
And another zombie is down, seems a little too easy.
Then you get struck at your back, taking 13 damage. nasty zombies.
The caster fireballs the area. you might want a reflex save. 84 damage. DC 18 for half.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-15, 05:55 AM
(dont forget, the spell have a chance to fail effecting me due to magical Shunt.)

Ref: [roll0]

if i dont make it, then i use Magical Shunt's other effect. a DC 20+immortal level (28) concentration check to delay the effects. its a full round action, so i'll take only a 5 foot step toward the wizard this turn.

Concentration check: [roll1]

dang. well, there went my luck with the rollers.

boomwolf
2008-01-15, 06:46 AM
Why did you do that? maybe you misunderstood it?
The concentration check is to remove the shunt's effect for a rorund.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-15, 07:14 AM
Cael

Cael gives the mage a few more thwacks to make sure it's dead, and keeps using his blindsense to make sure no one else is near. He will then go back to his regular human form, pull out a wand and use it on himself twice, before putting it away. Once healed and assured no one is nearby he will order Broddie to stand guard while he searches the corpse. Once that is finished he will check out the passage where the caster was hiding behind the illusory wall, if it seems to be a dead end he will continues the way he was heading originally.

Will save: [roll0]
used to charges of wand of lesser vigor, healing 30 hp, takes about 3 minutes.

Diarmuid
2008-01-15, 09:16 AM
Phynder

[roll0]

Waiting to see how this "round" falls out before deciding actions for next time.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-15, 10:17 AM
Shadow Dragon

The dragon puts his claws out and slides across the floor on them as he attempts to stop. He cringes as he is hit by something, and makes a few steps forward afterwards to make sure he isn't standing at the same spot. He looks over to his bleeding shoulder and licks the wound while it closes.

Once it closes, he presses on at the same pace, keeping an additional eye out for any more traps.

Reflex Save (1d20 11=27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1461974/)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Mordokai
2008-01-15, 11:40 AM
Ansen

"You fight well. Who taught you that?"

Once again, full attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

In case any of them is a critical:

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

Once again I'll ask you what have I gotten myself into? She is still looking fine after all that mauling? Jesus, 'tis not normal! Also, I hope you haven't forgotten the CON damage. If any of the above hits hits her she has lost six points of constitution, which is a major drop.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-15, 04:31 PM
Why did you do that? maybe you misunderstood it?
The concentration check is to remove the shunt's effect for a rorund.

my mistake, i read the ability wrong.

boomwolf
2008-01-16, 08:02 AM
ALL: I am sorry, but posting will be slowed for awhile as my computer got wasted.

Cale:
Other then his robe and spellbook he has nothing. please wait for game continue for others to chatch up.

Phynder:
A ball of lightning strikes you, dealing 24 damage. next round?

Ansen
((OOC: who says she is effected by that?))
In any way, this time you miss both. but she does not attack at all, standing defence.

mf11-take action.

shadow dragon-please stand by.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-16, 04:31 PM
Ulfgar backs up to the caster, standing to his right, and attacks any zombie that trys to attack the caster or himself.

Diarmuid
2008-01-18, 10:57 AM
Phynder

Grimacing with the pain of the electricity, the warlock tries to gauge the effectiveness of his and the lycan's attacks.

Does the rainbow dragon appear to be hurt by the lycan's claws? Is it reacting to the acid on it? Was the lycan caught in the electricity blast? Is the dragon attacking the lycan with it's claws and whatnot?

boomwolf
2008-01-19, 02:43 AM
COMPUTER OFFICIALLY FIXED!

Phynder:
As said, you were BOTH struck by lightning, but the dragon appears to be effected by the lycan's claws.

Ulfgar:
another hit, but the time there is no kill, the zombie reacts in an unusual matter and makes a wierd face at you, attempting a strike yet misses.

Ansen, action?
I got some very exotic opponents to fight you, so dont think that con damage will get you by everything.

shadow dragon and cale-jest one more round by phynder, ulfgar and ansen.

Mordokai
2008-01-19, 03:16 AM
Ansen

Wasn't really expecting that, but was still hoping for it :smallwink:

Seeing his opponent stand guard, Ansen also stands his guard and asks the girl:

"Why have you stoped? You were doing more than well. What's stoping you now?"

Total defense, wait for her reaction. I think this is mostly useless, but I'll try both knowledge checks to see if she is anything other than human.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Also, spot check to spot anything unusual on her.

[roll2]

Diarmuid
2008-01-19, 03:17 AM
Phynder

Not having any other decent options for dealing with a dragon, the warlock again turns to his Eldritch Blast and considers having the blast follow through and strike the lycan as well, but decides against that course of action for now. His scepter raises, and he draws from its power once again, uneasy with using so much so soon, but better alive and drained than full of energy and dead...

2nd round of 1st blast's continuation damage [roll0]
1st round of 2nd blast's continuation damage [roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3] (+1 from Point Blank)

Again, if the attack misses I will use Ranged Recall. I'm assuming the initial blast hit the second time with no need for using the Ranged Recall ability again.

[roll4]
[roll5]

Currently at 71/99 HP assuming this is now the third round. Lesser Vigor still active healing 2 points thus far, and energy resistance accounted for 5 of the 25 electricity damage.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-20, 11:03 AM
Seeing the odd reaction, Uflgar calls out to the others "I've found someone who isn't undead!" before slicing into him again.

damage 1: [roll1]+[roll2]

boomwolf
2008-01-22, 07:22 AM
I am sorry for the delay, let the bloodsports continue!

Cael
Unfortunately you only have a minute before you run into another. this time some sort of fire-ortinated creature. having a humanoid shape yet coal black skin and hair of flame he is something you have never seen before. he didn't seem to notice you yet. (range-55 ft.)

Shadow Dragon
Some wandering around leads you to a simple thought-you are going in circles, and there is not a turn or a path you have yet to take. you are missing something in here.

Uflgar
"Nice job!" calls the dagger user, as he takes yet another zombie down. and the mage replies by fireballing the entire area.
damage 62, DC 22 for half.
You own attacks proves useless, and the mage is slain by some ray casted by that (not?) undead.

Phynder
At yet another change of colors he goes to red,using his breath of fire to strike you both for 37 damage. a DC 20 ref save can make it 18.
On the other hand you manage to strike yet again (original shot), and your lycan ally seems to be more interested in keeping alive then striking the dragon, his attacks are highly defensive.

Ansen
Sorry, but these checks will provide nothing. you could get info from bardic knowledge, but you don't have it.
However you mange to notice a simple fact, many wounds but no blood.
In any way she responds "I rather fight on the defensive side." as she prepares her weapons into another storm of blades that might be thrown on you. but you cant figure where are all these daggers and shurikens are coming from, only that this time she holds at each hand a dagger and 4 shurikens.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-22, 09:15 AM
Cael

Shhh Cael motions to Broddie as he casts a spell, and suddenly they both vanish. As soon as he vanishes Cael begins to cast a second spell, Broddie just waits near his master.

Cast Greater Invisibility Shared with Broddie.On his next turn Cael will begins to cast Summon monster 5, using a 4th level slot thanks to ring of the beast. He will summon [roll0] Brown Bears if there is space, or 1 single polar bear if not.

Broddie is redying a standard action to use Cometary Collision if the monster attempts to charge either himself or his master.

Broddie Attack if necessary: [roll1] (+2 from charge, +2 from invisible, opponent gets no dex to AC). Damage: [roll2] (+4 from collision).

In case of crit:

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Cometary Collision: You can ready a standard action to use this feat when an opponent charges you or any other target. At any point during your opponent’s charge, you can charge him. In place of the normal charge benefits, you gain +2 on your attack roll and +4 on your damage roll. Your foe loses the benefits of charging (but not the penalties) but can still attack you. If the target charged someone else, he can choose to instead attack you. You take the standard –2 penalty to AC for charging.

If you cannot move at least 10 feet or cannot charge due to terrain or other factors, you do not gain this feat’s benefit. In either case, you

Cael: Greater Invisible, AC: 25, HP: 110
Broddie: Greater Invisible, AC: 33 (-2 if he charges), HP: 154

Diarmuid
2008-01-22, 04:42 PM
Phynder

[roll0]
Energy Resistance negates 5 Fire damage.

Is the dragon attacking the lycan in melee and shooting breath weapons every round?

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-22, 07:15 PM
Shadow Dragon

Growling softly, the dragon once more slows down his pace, this time to take a more thorough look at what he was wondering by. He bucks the riding kobold, signaling him to dismount. "We appear to have missed something; Help me search so we may continue."

Having the Kobold Aid Another; Subtract 2 if he rolls less then 10
[roll0]

ForzaFiori
2008-01-22, 07:22 PM
noticing his attacks failing to do anything, Ulfgar addresses the dagger weilder. What were you planning on doing now that we've found this vampire huh? it doesn't seem like were hurting it that badly!" he asks, before slashing at it once again.

reflex save: [roll0]

attack 1: [roll1]
damage 1: [roll2]+[roll3]

attack 2: [roll4]
damage 2: [roll5]+[roll6]

can i get a brief description of where everyone is in relation to each other? I was under the impression that i was next to the spellcaster, putting me out of the area of his fireballs. Also, knowing where the dagger weilder and vamp are would help to set up flanking and such. thanks.

Mordokai
2008-01-23, 03:18 AM
Ansen

Keeping up the Full defense, while talking to her.

"He wasn't very diplomatic. Would you perhaps care more for an allie?" With that, he gestures at dead paladin. "I still have some healing magic, we can share it beetwen us. And beetwen your fighting abilities and my magic we would get much further together, rather than alone. What say you?"

[roll0]

boomwolf
2008-01-23, 05:00 PM
Cale
Before you manage to reach him he says "I know you are there. I can feel your heat.
keep charging?

Phynder
No, he uses breath on you both, as stated before.
In any way the dragon now shifts to black. action?

Shadow Dragon
A reasonable check reveals that in many places the floor is brakeable, each is marked with a small, yet different carving.

Ulfgar

You are the center or the area.
Dagger dude is 10 ft. west
Vampire next to you east.
Mage 50 ft. north.
You came from south.

In any way, the dagger dude says "simple." as the tosses some bag at the vampire. a golden dust burst out, and the vampire react badly, and unable to stop your blows, even as they do nearly nothing.

Ansen
"What can you do for me?" she asks, clearly thinking about your offer, yet not too keen to agree, she maintains her full combat preparation. "Your healing is little to nothing for me, I am unliving, not living, not dead, not undead."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-23, 05:40 PM
Cael
Cael finishes his invisibility spell, but doesn't begins his new one, instead speaking to the creature. "And I can just see you the old fashioned way. I believe you are also keyless, or are you just part of this maze?" Broddie remains ready to charge in case of aggression.

Neither Cale or Broddie were attempting to charge. Broddie has a readied action in case the creature charges to charge back, thanks to his feat, but wasn't going to charge in any other situation.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-23, 06:03 PM
"So he can't do anything, but that doesn't mean we can. Unless you have an ace or two up your sleeve then I suggest we get out of here.

boomwolf
2008-01-24, 02:41 PM
Ulfgar
"Well, we can kill it, jest need to make sure it wont kill us first, and that dust should do the trick." says the dagger dude, then he takes out another bag "And this dust will remove his defenses." he adds as he tosses it as well.

Cael
"Keyless indeed. but that can be fixed once I meet someone who has one." says the creature "Besides, the maze is quite weird, I didn't figure it all out yet but this area we are in cannot be much bigger then a 300 square ft."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-24, 03:53 PM
Cael

"I haven't had much time to inspect the maze, had a bit of an illusionist problem." Cael laughs as does Broddie. " Sadly he was also keyless. You on the other hand seem a lot more...civil. 300 ft? hmm, how big do you imagine this whole maze to be?"

Cael has now relaxed his guard, but Broddie is still ready to use Cometary collision.

Mordokai
2008-01-24, 04:40 PM
Ansen

"You are an interesting creature indeed, that much I saw. Perhaps we can talk about that when we get out of this maze. I think you will agree with me that together we stand better chances then separated. You have already proven your worth as a fighter to me, and I hope I have done the same. Apart from that, I have magic left that could benefit both of us, together or only one of us at a time. I hope that makes a erason good enought for you. Healing is not the only thing I can do."

Another diplomacy, if needed, thou I think that previous check was bound to be good enought to say something. Also, keeping the Full defense up the whole time.

[roll0]

ForzaFiori
2008-01-24, 05:43 PM
Ulfgar smiles as the dust hits the vampire. Well now, if thats the case, then lets put this bloodsucker back in the ground. Though I hope you have a stake or something, cause i left all mine at home unfortunately.

Ulfgar unleashes a full attack on the vampire.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-25, 01:02 PM
Shadow Dragon

After short hesitation, the dragon begins bashing at the breakable floors until creating a space great enough for his head. He takes a quick look down, and if nothing of interest is spotted, moves on to the next floor and does the same.

Attack is +19, Damage is 1d8+7, and strength is +7 for all floor-breaking actions. Spot is +15

boomwolf
2008-01-26, 02:32 PM
Cael
"At least twenty times that size." says the creature, suddenly a hole opens in the roof, and you can see a purple draconic face looking at you. "This explains some things" adds the firey creature you are talking to.

Ansen
"While you seem to be no use to me..." says the girl "You can do no harm as an ally, and fighting you is a useless waste of resources. I'll work with you, for now." then she puts half of her weapons away.

Ulfgar
This set of attacks seems to be more effective then the last. however the vampire does manage to raise acounterattack, dealing you 52(!!) damage with his hand, enchanted by some unholy power.
A swift cut from the dagger dude and a ray from the caster takes down the creature of darkness. and the dagger dude asks "Now what?" aiming his dagger at you.

Shadow Dragon
After a few attempt you encounter an intresting event. a coal-black humanoid with hair of flame is standing there, talking to another human and some big ape is standing next to him. they seem to notice you.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-26, 06:17 PM
Shadow Dragon

The shadow dragon pulls his head away from the hole he had made, seeing no match between the humans there and the few on the paper. He turns to Tiktik, "There are three humans down there, and one of them is very big and covered in hair. I do not think any of them have keys, but they may know I have one. We should head forward some and prepare."

The small dragon takes a quick leap over the small hole, indicating for the kobold to follow. He heads down the passage for one hundred feet before turning around to Tiktik. "I will hide here in the stone, how shall you hide?"

Shall use Ring of Meld into Stone to hide provided the kobold has some means to hide as well.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-26, 06:26 PM
Cael

Cael stares back at the head as long as it doesn't move, and notifies Broddie of its presence, while taking a defensive stance. He then speaks to the fiery creature: "Do...do yo u see this?" he will add "though the roof." if it seems the fiery creature doesn't. If the head, and the body surely to follow, moves trough the hole Cael will warn it to stand back, hes never been particularly brave around dragons, even if this one might have a key.

Mordokai
2008-01-27, 01:17 PM
Ansen

"Well, I guess I'll just have to prove my worth to you as we go. Mind telling me your name so I know with who I got the pleasure to work with? I'm Ansen. And I'm interested what you did to get yourself here. In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to get the key from that corpse."

Ansen will take 20(total result 21) on Search check to examine the corpse of the paladin. If he doesn't find anything he'll ask the girl to do the same. He will then heal himself.

[roll0]
[roll1]

boomwolf
2008-01-27, 03:13 PM
King_of_GRiffins I did not quite understand what you were doing.

anyway, update tomorrow, waiting for the other 2 for a little time.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-27, 06:00 PM
The dragon is heading down the hall 100 feet, and hiding in the wall as long as Tiktik also has a means to hide. If Tiktik does not, he'll take a moment longer to think, and then give TikTik an order before changing or resuming his own action.

boomwolf
2008-01-28, 09:02 AM
King_of_GRiffins:
so you do NOT go down there right? you stay at your level?

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-28, 11:09 AM
King_of_GRiffins:
so you do NOT go down there right? you stay at your level?

Yes, that is correct. He does not go down.

boomwolf
2008-01-28, 12:57 PM
Well, waiting fair enough.

*white key changes hands* echoes the message in your heads. quickly followed by several others *Black key changes hands* *Yellow key changes hands* *Blue key changes hands*
You hear the voice of the king "Now with over half the keys in the hands of competitors the contest will really improve.

Shadow Dragon
After your quick movement the kobold notes "I can't cast that spell again brother. but I got my tricks." then he casts a spell that turns him invisible.

Cael
The creature notes "This was certainly a dragon, not sure what kind.", as the head goes away

Ansen
"My name?" she asks "I have no need for such."

While looting the body you find the white key and claim it to yourself. except that he has an amulet, his sword and his incredibly heavy armor. nothing else is visible.
The girl does not seem to find anything as well.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-28, 06:53 PM
Ulfgar sits leans on his axe. Well, I see three things that can happen. 1, we can all go our seperate ways. Not sure what you killed the vampire for, but i just happened to stumble on the fight and really have no claim in the spoils. This would be neither a big advantage or disadvantage for you. We could go ahead and duke it out here, which would drain us all of resources, and be a very large disadvantage for us. Or we could join up and look for these damn keys together. Three people make it out of here, and we just happen to have three people here. That seems like the best course of action to me.

((Boomwolf, i'm assuming everytime i post and u respond is 1 round? or if there is more (or less) time between each post, could you let me know so i can heal accordingly? its hard to keep up with my fast healing during downtime like this, as its not measured in rounds. Thanks))

boomwolf
2008-01-30, 09:10 AM
((A post is normally 1 round, I will notify otherwise.))

PLAYERS! wake up! actions please!

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-30, 09:12 AM
Shadow Dragon

The Shadow Dragon stays dead still within the stone, however unnecessary it was to do so. He watches, and waits to see if either of the humanoids he spotted decide to follow after him.

Mordokai
2008-01-30, 11:48 AM
Ansen

More than little surprised, Ansen looks at his new ally and asks her:

"You have no name? Then, how do you know when you're being reffered to? More importantly, how am I supposed to call you?"

Pick up amulet and sword, trying to appraise them.

[roll0]
[roll1]

"Any particular direction where we should go now? I haven't had a chance to explore much before I was attacked by you two."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-30, 11:58 AM
Cael

"Well that was odd. Seemed like on of the key holders to me." As the keys begin to change hand. "Ha!, it seems combat is taking place all over right now." He stays quiet thinking for a moment. "..well I see no reason for hostilities between us. I'll be off to hunt one of the key holders. if you wish to join I'm sure finding 2 keys as a team could be easier than one by yourself, If not well good luck hunting." Cael keeps moving forward, still wary of the creature. This time his will actively try and track whoever went through this passage last.

Track: [roll0]

boomwolf
2008-01-30, 01:46 PM
Ulfgar
The three of you quickly come into conclusion you best team-up, and jest in time, some sort of humanoid machine brakes out of one of the walls, quickly followed by another one.

Shadow Dragon
In the shadows you lurk, but the humans do not seem to follow.

Ansen
"Call me girl, call me wind, I care little" says the girl, her tune makes her statement sound very real.
The only thing you understand about the items is that they look expensive, and both are charged with positive energy, and lots of it. (I rolled the needed dice for you.)

Cael
The creature does not answer, but he seem to start following you with a calm (wrote clam by mistake :P) pace.
While your track was very good the creature's own prints seem to make quite a disturbance by ashing the entire area, you can tell that at least 5 creatures went through the area, but the paths split and rejoin quite often, as mazes do.
The creature notes "Ya know? this maze is not stable. I am pretty sure the walls don't stay still in here."

Diarmuid
2008-01-30, 04:21 PM
Phynder

Noting the dragon's shift to black, and the lycan's lack of attempts to actually harm the dargon, Phyndar decides on a new strategy. He once again relies on his Eldritch Blast, but this time he causes the Blast to jump from the Dragon to the Lycan.

Attack 1 on Dragon

[roll0]
[roll1]

If attack missed, use Ranged Recall to attack again.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Eldritch Chain, second attack on Lycan

[roll4]
[roll5]

If attack missed, use Ranged Recall to attack again.

[roll6]
[roll7]

Yelling out in mock surprise, Phynder pleads with the Lycan

"Black dragon's have some affinity for acid, it is doing something to my attacks, kill it quickly!"

[roll8]

Edit - If initial attank missed the dragon, there is no chain to the secondary target, and he would not have made the claim about the attack or tried the bluff check.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-30, 07:30 PM
Ulfgar moves to stand next to the caster (so as to be out of the area of effect of any fireballs or other AoE spells) and readies an action to attack any of the machines that gets into one of his threated squares.

if an attack is triggered:

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-30, 11:56 PM
Cael

"Arghh, just how in the hells am I supposed to find anyone in this place, if the maze keeps changing!" he tries to calm down. "Well we at least know about 5 have been through here, given the amount of time that has elapsed since this thin began they can't be very far." He turns to the fiery creature. "Do you have any means of finding others? Seemed to find me easily enough while invisible."

Unless something peculiar happens Cael will try to follow any specific set of tracks for as long as he can.

Mordokai
2008-01-31, 08:11 AM
Ansen

"Very well. I don't wish to start the fight again. If you prefer thusly, I can oblige. Wind indeed sounds like a good choice. Matches your speed. Now... this items look like they are expensive, but they radiate the aura that I'm not too fond of. You want any of them, they're yours. As for now, my other question still stands? Do you know where could we go from here? This maze is unknown to me, but perhaps you already familiarized yourself with it."

If Wind picks any of the items Ansen won't try to stop her. If she however doesn't, he will put them in backpack and tow them along, in case any traps could be triggered with them. He will let Wind lead the way, but will be vary of her. Roll Sense motive at +5 every so often.

boomwolf
2008-01-31, 09:03 AM
Phynder
"You bastard!" screams the lycan as he stabs the dragon's eye off. then he backs away from him, clearly unsure who to attack.
The dragon on the other hand seems to be focused on the lycan, but the new claws of his now golden form misses.

Ulfgar
"Well, this sucks." the mage mutters as he draws out a shortsword "These badgers are immune to magic."
Nobody seem to make the first move.

Cael
"Heatvision" mutters the creature as you look around. "In any case I think we jest need to walk around and we will eventually reach somewhere.
As that is said you hear some weird metalic voice coming from the floor.

Ansen
"Actually I think I got the hang of it" she says, the focuses for a moment and you see the maze around you change "Its all in our heads. the path changes according to what will be most entertaining for the crowd, and what you most rather avoid. but If you don't know it it wont change when you are looking."

Diarmuid
2008-01-31, 11:42 AM
Phynder

Can I get an idea on whether either or both of my attacks hit? And maybe how injured each of the combatants looks?

boomwolf
2008-01-31, 12:27 PM
Silly me.
The dragon has dodged both strikes, but the lycan took the first.

Your lycan "ally" is in bad shape, the dragon, hard to tell as he keep changing shapes.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-31, 01:39 PM
Cael

"Seems like walking around won't be necessary." Cael and Broddie take defensive positions, and try to move out of the way of the incoming voice.

Just waiting until the source of the voice gets closer.

Mordokai
2008-02-01, 06:16 AM
Ansen

"Most interestig indeed. So you're saying that we can change this maze according to our wishes? Or does this only work for the king and the crowd, making our lives harder?"

At that, he tries concentrating and chaning the walls according to his wishes.

I want to find a way to second level. Show me a way to second level.

ForzaFiori
2008-02-01, 06:49 AM
"Immune to magic? great. So what exactly are they anyway?" Ulfgar asks, switching his axe for his bow.

boomwolf
2008-02-01, 07:52 AM
Cael
The noise comes closer any second, and you start hearing it from the walls too. by you assumption it will reach you in a few seconds.

Ansen
"Actually, it does anything we hope that will not happen" says wind, "So you might want to keep these thought off your head."
You can see a wall moving, revealing some sort of machine that loots like a large troll. wind responds by "damn, messed up that one."

Ulfgar
"Beats me" says the mage "I only see an anti-magic aura surrounding their body."
The dagger dude is also depressed, saying "You don't think these two breath by any chance do you? my powders will have no effect."
The machines remain still, examining you.

Diarmuid
2008-02-01, 09:56 AM
Phynder

As I mentioned in my post, if the attacks completely missed the dragon, then there is no chain attack to the lycan.

Mordokai
2008-02-02, 07:19 AM
Ansen

"Remind me to let you operate this thing from now on. What now, attack this thing?"

Waiting for Wind to take action, ready action to charge if she moves to engage the machine in combat. Pehaps K.(arcana) check to see if I know anything about it?

1d20+6

EDIT: I'm not sure what's the problem with roll. If it was even useful, roll it instead of me.

boomwolf
2008-02-02, 07:41 AM
Phynder
Correction-it SHOULD not happen. but it did. or in other words, the dragon really did something to your blast. he got some interesting class levels.

Ansen
The machine appears to be some sort of golem, the entire mechanic part is there jest for show. (huzza for nat. 20.)

Winds says "I have no clue what IS that thing anyway. what do you think?" The machine does not move an inch.

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-02, 11:53 AM
Cael

Cael turns to Broddie and the fire creature. "I assume you all heard that, but it seems something big and metallic is about to run into us." Unsure about what exactly is coming towards them, Cael simply waits, Broddie grips his axe ready fro battle.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-02-02, 08:14 PM
Shadow Dragon

Patiently waiting to spring his trap, the dragon sits within the stone. Having only one direction of sense in the downward direction was slightly frustrating, and half a minute of no activity in his small field was enough to drive him crazy.

Perhaps this ring is not the ultimate boon I had thought it was. Better save it for more dire situations... Or quicker traps.

"Is there any activity?"

"None that I can tell."

With that answer, the dragon pops out from the stone and begins padding back over to the hole he say the humans from and looks about. It seems they left... They may not have recognized me."

Turning away, he heads back down the hallway and begins breaking more of the floors, waiting again to see something interesting.

ForzaFiori
2008-02-02, 08:59 PM
Ulfgar nocks an arrow, drawing his bow back, before addressing the odd creatures. "What and who are you, and why are you here?" He readies to release the arrow at any sign of hostility.

Mordokai
2008-02-03, 03:09 AM
Ansen

"It appears to be some sort of golem. I don't know how much you know of them, but they are not excatly the easiest opponet to beat. Pehaps we should look for another way around?"

How big does this golem look? Medium, large?

boomwolf
2008-02-05, 10:41 AM
Sorry I'm late, I'm kina sick.

Cael
"Tnx, forgot to mention I'm deaf." says the creature following you, as a mechanical snake burst out of the floor, its big, really big. it's head is at the same hight as yours yet his body goes deeper then the hole he made.
The mechanical beast attempts to spit acid at you, but misses.

Shadow Dragon
Quite quickly you see a room that appears to have no doors, yet there is plenty of things tossed on the floor.

Ulfgar
"We are the guardians" they answer, this time weapons start to unfold in them, these guys are heavily armed.

Ansen
"I don't think we can, this maze will follow us around" answers wind.
That "troll" is a large creature, as stated before.

ForzaFiori
2008-02-05, 06:42 PM
"you said they were immune to magic. Does that include the magic of my weapons, or just the magic that you summon?" Ulfgar whispers to the wizard at his side. He turns back to these "guardians" "Guardians of what, if I may ask? You may be getting ready to attack us because your guarding something we have no interest in, and that would be quite unfortunate for both sides." Ulfgar keeps his bow nocked and aimed at the one who has been speaking, still ready to loose an arrow if provoked.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-02-05, 07:29 PM
Shadow Dragon

Curious about the messy room, the dragon shortly considers jumping down. There was one key nobody had, and a room like this just might have it. Breaking open the floor a bit more, he beckons the kobold onto his back and glides down into the room to give it a thorough search.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-05, 11:43 PM
Cael

"Destroy this thing!" orders Cael at Broddie, as he begins to cast a spell. Both Broddie and Cael grow stronger and tougher, and their faces become boar like. Broddie then swings away at the metallic creature.

Cast Bite of the wereboar, sharing it with Broddie. (+4 Str, +6 Con, +8 nat armor (replacing the +5 from barksin), a bite attack, and blindfight.

Broddie charges is possible, if not normal attack:
In case of crit:

Confirm: [roll2], extra +2 if charge is possible.
Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]

Stats:
Cael: AC: 28, HP: 110+36 temp from +6 con.
Broddie: AC: 36 (-2 of charging), HP: 154 +30 temp from +6 con.

Mordokai
2008-02-06, 02:53 AM
Ansen

"Perhaps we could just sneak by it then. I'm really not in the mood for fighting it. You know anything about traps? Perhaps there is something that springs him into life, like a block of floor when walked on. If you could find it we could perhaps just sneak by it."

Diarmuid
2008-02-06, 06:54 PM
Phynder

Riiiiight, a color changing dragon with class levels that can deflect/redirect eldritch blasts that miss their intended target. /eyeroll

Perturbed at the current turn of events, the warlock offers a friendly wave to the Lycan,

"You're on your own with this one pal, I signed on for a Red dragon"

Moving back the direction they came through, he moves through the door and closes it behind him.

First action will be to use Walk Unseen, then get back up to the cieling and get far away from that ruckus, then I will begin applying my wand of Lesser Vigor judiciously until healed, or disturbed.

boomwolf
2008-02-08, 07:49 AM
Seems like my post from yesterday did not show up.
wierd.

Anyway.

Ulfgar:
"No clue actually." says the mage, "I jest know my spells are useless."
The guardians don't speek any more, but begins to humm, not sure why or how.

Shadow Dragon
you quickly find that under the piles of junk you can see the rainbow key, but some sort of cage is around it, you could open it with ease.
There is some inscription of that cage.

Besides that you find 2 magic scrolls, a sword and some arrows, everything else is clearly junk.

Ansen
"I assume we could." says wind, but the moment you turn away it starts moving after you. still taking no hostile action.

Phynder
Actually, this beast is mostly made of WOTC class levels. only edited 2 class abilities for him and everything else is books, and the edited abilities are also minor edits. I can tell you his info after game end.

The lycan responds before you get out "Damn you! help me here!"
I will assume you don't care right?

In that case you hear the fight going on, and after awhile the lycan gets to where you are, but seem to fail to detect you this time, but he is looking.

ForzaFiori
2008-02-08, 07:42 PM
Well thats great. Hmm...think we could either run or stall a bit more? my wounds are healing, but not quite fast enough Ulfgar says, glacing down at his still scraped up body. Give me about a minute and a half though, and i'll be good as new and we can kill these things.

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-08, 11:28 PM
((Cael was skipped :smalltongue: ))

boomwolf
2008-02-09, 02:40 PM
((Cael was skipped :smalltongue: ))

((whoopsiee!))

Broddie charges, only to be blocked by another snake that shoots himself off the wall, stopping him at his place, and forcing in 22 damage.

As a third snake comes up from a wall behind you the firey creature gives it some well-aimed kicks. saying "Clockwork hydra. haven't seen one for eons. wonder where he found it?"

King_of_GRiffins
2008-02-09, 07:31 PM
Shadow Dragon

Not seeing much value in anything else but the key, he leaves it up to Tiktik to see if the items are worth dragging along. He eyes the rainbow key's cage suspiciously, once more thwarted by his lack of reading skills. He waves a paw and calls the kobold over, pointing to the inscription, "What do you make of this friend?"

Mordokai
2008-02-10, 03:13 AM
Ansen

After casting a spell, Ansen tries to move slowly past the construct.

Cast Shield of faith, +4 to AC, 12 minutes.

[roll0]

Then try to move past the golem, taking a bend as wide as possible

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-10, 08:11 PM
Cael

A metallic hydra? I'm sure Borddie has never broken one of those. Chop that head up Broddie! Cael begins to cast a spell, while Broddie begins to hack away at the head in front of him.

Cael Starts casting Summon Natures Ally 5 spontaneously, using up Freedom of Movement, thanks to ring of the beast. It should finish at the beginning of my next turn. Summoning [roll0] Brown Bears.

Broddie power attacking for 3:
Attack 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll3]
In case of crit:

Confirm 1: [roll5]
Damage:
[roll6]
[roll7]
Confirm 2: [roll8]
Damage:
[roll9]
[roll10]

Stats:
Cael: AC: 28, HP: 110+36 temp from +6 con.
Broddie: AC: 36, HP: 154 +8 temp from +6 con.

boomwolf
2008-02-11, 02:39 PM
Shadow Dragon
"I thought you learned how to change the language by now" says to kobold as he turns it into draconic "jest focus on what language you want, and any text will be that." he reads the inscription and says "Well, don't brake the cage, get someone else to brake it for you. its trapped."

Ansen
As you try to move past the golem it moves along to stop you, blocking your way with his body.

Cael
Broodie's strikes hit with ease, destroying one of the heads, but the other two are alive and well, one takes a bite out of you dealing 32 damage, the other makes a near-miss of your fiery friend as he sends a bunch of well-aimed kicks at it.
You see the third head (busted one) beginning to rebuild itself and your fiery friend cries out "Damn, thats new."

ForzaFiori
2008-02-11, 07:07 PM
((Ulfgar was skipped))

King_of_GRiffins
2008-02-11, 10:44 PM
Shadow Dragon

The dragon gives a sharp gaze to Tiktik, as if to say "Well why don't you open it." He turns and looks about quickly, spotting the sword and picking it up in his mouth. He drops it before Tiktik, "Would this be long enough for you to open from a distance?"

boomwolf
2008-02-12, 01:40 PM
Ulfgar was not skipped, he was put into hold as he is standing and nothing happens.

Waiting for Phynder, unless he won't be here tomorrow.

Mordokai
2008-02-12, 02:42 PM
Ansen

When the golem blocks his way, Ansen frowns and looks up to the beast. He then turns to Wind.

"Would you like to try it on the other side? Maybe you'll have more luck. If not than I guess we'll just have to fight our way past the beast and that is something I'd really prefer to avoid."

How does the enviroment look? How much space around the golem, how wide is this corridor?

ForzaFiori
2008-02-12, 07:02 PM
ah. in that case, could you please let me know how much time passes as i'm standing in the standoff? I'd like to keep up with my healing.

Diarmuid
2008-02-13, 10:23 AM
Phynder

So, does the lycan come back out through the door within 2 rounds? If not, my action involved moving far away from that area starting in the third round after closing the door to a spot of relative quiet to begin applying my healing wand.

Or are you saying the Lycan ended up exactly where I did after fleeing the scene? If so, how long has it been and how wounded does the Lycan look?

boomwolf
2008-02-13, 12:55 PM
Phynder
He went in 2 round after you, seems like he jest followed you or something. and he seems pretty damn scratched up.

Ulfgar-currently 1 round of waiting. not more, not less.

All-well, time for next round, ulfgar is still waiting (right?) shadow-dragon responded, Ansen responded.
Cael and Phynder need to post what they do this round. (we all got synced up and I don't want to screw it if possible.)

Mordokai
Rather narrow passage, 10 ft. across. the golem takes up about 6 ft. of it at any moment, blocking it rather well.

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-17, 12:34 AM
Cael

((Sorry for the delay, had the post written up, but forgot to post it.))

Cale finishes his spell and 3 ferocious bears appear, positioned as b est as possible so they are able to attack to their fullest. "Keep it up Broddie!" he turns to fire creature. "Maybe fire stops their growth like normal hydras?" Cael then begins to cast a new spell, once finished the 3 bears grow in size and begin attacking the hydras.

Casting animal growth (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/animalGrowth.htm) defensively. Concentration DC 20: [roll0]

Broddie power attacking for 3, on the now growing head if possible:
Attack 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll3]
In case of crit:

Confirm 1: [roll5]
Damage:
[roll6]
[roll7]
Confirm 2: [roll8]
Damage:
[roll9]
[roll10]

Bears Full attacking if possible, if not just claw. (I'm assuming I didn't roll a 1 on the concentration check):

Bear1:
Claw1: [roll11] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll12] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Claw2: [roll13] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll14] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Bite: [roll15] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll16] (+2 from str, 2d6 ->3d6 from size)
in case of crit:

Claw1: [roll17] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll18] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Claw2: [roll19] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll20] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Bite: [roll21] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll22] (+2 from str, 2d6 ->3d6 from size)

Bear2:
Claw1: [roll23] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll24] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Claw2: [roll25] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll26] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Bite: [roll27] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll28] (+2 from str, 2d6 ->3d6 from size)
in case of crit:

Claw1: [roll29] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll30] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Claw2: [roll31] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll32] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Bite: [roll33] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll34] (+2 from str, 2d6 ->3d6 from size)

Bear3:
Claw1: [roll35] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll36] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Claw2: [roll37] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll38] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Bite: [roll39] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll40] (+2 from str, 2d6 ->3d6 from size)
in case of crit:

Claw1: [roll41] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll42] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Claw2: [roll43] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll44] (+4 from str, 1d8 ->2d6 from size)
Bite: [roll45] (+4 from growth str, -1 from growth size)
Damage: [roll46] (+2 from str, 2d6 ->3d6 from size)

Stats:
Cael: AC: 28, HP: 110+4 temp from +6 con.
Broddie: AC: 36, HP: 154 +8 temp from +6 con.
Bears: AC: 15 (+2 nat from growth. -2 size/dex from growth) HP: 63, 63, 63 (+12 from growth). DR 10/magic and +4 to all saves also from growth.

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-17, 12:37 AM
((Forgot))

making knowledge (arcana?) check on the clockwork hydra: [roll0]

ForzaFiori
2008-02-17, 09:23 AM
Ulfgar continues to wait, though he glances around the area they are in, looking for ways out if needed.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-02-23, 11:36 PM
Shadow Dragon

A tad impatient at waiting for a response to gather up another third of his escape, the dragon snarls. "I'll say again; Go open up that cage, now."

Bump!