PDA

View Full Version : Druid/Something

shaka gl
2008-01-09, 08:45 PM
I know there is a class for Druid/Clerics or Druid/Wizards (or both), but i cannot find it/them. Where can I find it/them? And how worth it are they? For a ECL 18/19...

Gardakan
2008-01-09, 09:02 PM
The mystic theurge give you the spellcaster progression of the two... is t that...

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-09, 09:03 PM
Arcane Hierophant, maybe?

Nebo_
2008-01-09, 09:08 PM
There is no such class for a druid/cleric. Arcane Heirophant from RotW does that for a wizard/druid. At ECL 18-19, it should have gotten over the caster level loss, mostly.

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-09, 09:12 PM
Geomancer theoretically lets you advance either Cleric or Druid. But there isn't a point in being one.

Druid/Wizard would be Arcane Heirophant or Mystic Theurge.

tyckspoon
2008-01-09, 09:15 PM
Arcane Hierophant (Races of the Wild) is made for Druid/Arcane. It has the same problems as all theurging classes, namely delaying caster progression in order to be behind in multiple classes instead of as good as you could be in one class. However, for a theurge class, it's actually kind of sweet. You can ignore arcane spell failure for druid armors, you advance both your animal companion and familiar bonuses, and you can make your companion into your familiar (ever wanted an intelligent, natural-armored lion/wolf/dinosaur that you could cast Imbue Familiar With Spell Ability on?) Of course, it's only ten levels, so you have to choose what you want to focus on after you finish it. For spellcasting, you should be able to get into Mystic Theurge without trying. The character should also be able to qualify for most Druid or Wizard PrCs, most of which are pretty good. And just taking more Druid or Wizard levels is never a bad choice.

I'm not aware of a similar class for combining Druids with another Divine caster.

FinalJustice
2008-01-09, 09:50 PM
IMO, Druid/Wiz/ArcHieroph/MT = Ultimate Batman. If i'm not wrong, it means 9th level spells from BOTH classes. MADness.

Wordmiser
2008-01-09, 10:01 PM
IMO, Druid/Wiz/ArcHieroph/MT = Ultimate Batman. If i'm not wrong, it means 9th level spells from BOTH classes. MADness. Only if you start at level 20 or get a DM to allow use of Earth Spell, Improved Sigil (Krau) or Precocious Apprentice for early enterance.

Otherwise, you'll cast about as well as the party Bard for the majority of your career.

FinalJustice
2008-01-10, 11:39 AM
Certainly at lower levels your casting is kinda 'bardish' and the whole thing is a little lame. But yeah, I was counting on the Precocious Apprentice trick, and once you get in the PrC, it's fun.

What does Earth Spell do?

Stephen_E
2008-01-10, 03:23 PM
Arcane Heirophant also increases your Wildshaping.

Basically it increases all you Druid abilities AND all your Wizard abilities, which makes it the only well designed joint caster prestige class I'm aware of.

The only thing it dosn't give you is the bonus feats and one-off class abilities, but then it has its own set of one-off class abilities that aren't bad.

As for spellcasting. With all respect, even without Precocious Apprentice it still has twice the spells of a Bard but with a better spell list, and by 10th level individually both the Wizard and Druid tracks have more spells, and by 12th, higher level spells.

All this with Wildshape and an Animal Companion.

You still want precicious Apprentice, but unlike MT, even without it you don't suck in the single digit levels.

Stephen

Darrin
2008-01-10, 04:26 PM
Only if you start at level 20 or get a DM to allow use of Earth Spell, Improved Sigil (Krau) or Precocious Apprentice for early enterance.

Actually, you can get into Green Whisperer early (a 5-level PrC that advances both Bard and Druid spells, Dragon #311) around ECL 6, dip Sublime Chord at ECL 11, and get 9th level arcane and druid spells without using Earth Spell, Improved Sigil, or Precocious Apprentice. Build would look something like:

Druid 3/Bard 2/GW 2/AH 2/GW +1/Sublime Chord 1/AH +8/GW +1.

Spell progression is a little slow like most Mystic Theurge builds, but in the meantime, you've got bardic music to play with (Snowflake Wardance or Dragonfire Inspiration) and wildshape kicks in around ECL 9.

Person_Man
2008-01-10, 05:03 PM
Archivist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=3). Has full casting from all divine spell lists. Generally considered the most powerful base class in the game, or at least tied for it with the Artificer.

deathbyhokie
2008-01-10, 05:29 PM
Only if you start at level 20 or get a DM to allow use of Earth Spell, Improved Sigil (Krau) or Precocious Apprentice for early enterance.

Otherwise, you'll cast about as well as the party Bard for the majority of your career.

Couldn't you just do Wiz 3/Druid 3/MT 2/Arcane H 10/MT 2? Get your arcane hierophant goodies up front (after two MT levels to get your bab up to the requirement), and then finish off with the last two MT levels?

mostlyharmful
2008-01-10, 05:30 PM
there's a lot of different feats that expand the druid spell lists, bloodlines and initiate feats and such, that adds character and fluff without slowing down your development. If the idea is to add depth there are ways to do it without sacrificing advancement short of multiclassing. Druid is surprisingly flexible with a little thought about fluff.