PDA

View Full Version : Minor nitpick

DiscipleofBob
2008-01-10, 03:09 PM
Doesn't matter too much, but the spells Tsukiko refers to as "new evocations", (Orb of Lightning, Lesser Orb of Acid), are actually conjuration spells.

Of course, Tsukiko probably just failed her Knowledge (Arcane) check. :smallbiggrin:

(Watch somebody already have pointed this out.)

FujinAkari
2008-01-10, 03:12 PM
Doesn't matter too much, but the spells Tsukiko refers to as "new evocations", (Orb of Lightning, Lesser Orb of Acid), are actually conjuration spells.

Of course, Tsukiko probably just failed her Knowledge (Arcane) check. :smallbiggrin:

You are correct that Orb of Lightning, and Lesser Orb of Acid are conjuration, but those aren't the spells Tsukiko is using.

Tsukiko is using Electric Orb and Lesser Acid Orb, which are found in Tome of Blood and are, indeed, Evocations. :P

((Tome of Blood was a 3.0 sourcebook, and a lot of streamlining of spell schools occured between 3.0 and 3.5, which is why they are not Conjurations. This is also why V "lost" Teleport when the rules were converted))

Veridian
2008-01-10, 03:13 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68621

Discussed and such, already I think :smallwink:

DiscipleofBob
2008-01-10, 03:17 PM
You are correct that Orb of Lightning, and Lesser Orb of Acid are conjuration, but those aren't the spells Tsukiko is using.

Tsukiko is using Electric Orb and Lesser Acid Orb, which are found in Tome of Blood and are, indeed, Evocations. :P

((Tome of Blood was a 3.0 sourcebook, and a lot of streamlining of spell schools occured between 3.0 and 3.5, which is why they are not Conjurations. This is also why V "lost" Teleport when the rules were converted))

Ah, my mistake. Figures the one time I would have something to contribute, I'd be mistaken. ;P