PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Remake Advice Needeed

Brom
2008-01-10, 08:27 PM
This is not actually a post of the Cleric remake. I'll brief you guys, though; I am remaking the Cleric and need filler abilities. Basically, I'm going over all the classes and removing as many dead levels as I reasonably can. For Cleric, I need abilities for 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, and 20th levels. That's 10 dead levels I want to fill. I'm drawing blanks idea wise at the moment, so help very much wanted.

Also, if someone had advice for filling the Rogues 14th and 20th dead levels, that'd be great.

Baron Corm
2008-01-10, 08:50 PM
Cleric: At level 2 and increasing every even level, you get a +1 bonus on Diplomacy rolls with members of the same church, Knowledge (religion) rolls relating to your deity or his profiles, or some other religion related skill check

Rogue: Two more special abilities, enabling them to pick up all six (if memory serves)

Curious what you put on the cleric's odd levels. Knowing would help fill the evens, too.

Brom
2008-01-11, 12:12 AM
Clerics gain nothing on the odd levels for the simply reason that they do get something on the odd levels. That doesn't make sense. Simple explanation: Clerics gain an additional level of casting at odd levels, thus, they gain new abilities, thus making special abilities at those levels overkill.

arkanis
2008-01-11, 02:41 PM
Well you could look to existing classes which have abilities clerics may share.

A monk's Still Mind for example is something due to meditation.

A paladin's Divine Grace and Divine Health and even Smite and Detect abilities are very oriented towards a strong conviction of faith.

Maybe even abilities related to turning may be helpful.

Perhaps improved turning abilities just like a rogue gets special abilities?

Divine Turning: Turning deals 1d6 holy damage per 4 cleric levels in addition to normal effects.

Extra Turning: Gains the ability to use turning 4 extra times per day (just as the feat).

Radial Turning: Turning Improves to a 60-ft. radius emanation around the caster rather than a cone.

Planar Turning: Turning improves to affect outsiders with subtypes of opposed alignments.

Just a few suggestions.