PDA

View Full Version : I need an excuse

Eita
2008-01-10, 11:55 PM
Specifically, one to wear my snazzy new suit.

FoE
2008-01-10, 11:56 PM
You could be requested to be buried in it. :smalltongue:

Eita
2008-01-10, 11:57 PM
Sometime closer to now. :smalltongue:

Syka
2008-01-10, 11:59 PM
Got a girlfriend? Do a date night. My boyfriend and I both like dressing up and don't get near enough chances to. When I went home for winter break we decided to have a night where we would get dressed up all fancy like, go to dinner and a movie, and have fun. It was a blast (although freezing for me).

No girlfriend? Dress up and do some mundane activity. When asked why you are wearing a suit say either, "Because I can" or "Well, when you're dealing in death it helps to look professional." or something equally entertaining, although preferably less apt to get you arrested. ;)

Cheers,
Syka

Eita
2008-01-11, 12:04 AM
As for the second statement, that is eerily similar to what I answered when people questioned me about my Halloween costume. Death obviously wears a business suit.

FoE
2008-01-11, 12:06 AM
How about a job interview, ya lousy bum? :smallwink:

Or, presuming you are old enough, how about going out to a nightclub?

thubby
2008-01-11, 12:06 AM
since when do we need excuses for how we dress?
"i felt like wearing it today"
done.

Eita
2008-01-11, 12:08 AM
I suddenly have the feeling that you all have severely overestimated my age.

Hint: I legally cannot be hired by anyone in America.

FoE
2008-01-11, 12:10 AM
Well then, if you're really that young, you're basically waiting for a funeral or a wedding. Or how about suggesting to your folks you take a family portrait together?

thubby
2008-01-11, 12:12 AM

my argument still stands.

reorith
2008-01-11, 12:12 AM
just wear it and go to the library.

Em Blackleaf
2008-01-11, 12:19 AM
Krimm always wears his suit jacket to school and on walks. Wear it casually.
Or get someone to take a picture of you in it.

Either way, you could say it's because you felt like it. :smalltongue:

de-trick
2008-01-11, 12:21 AM
wear sun glasses and a ear piece and if someone asks why are you wearing a suit say "Thats on the need to know bases"

NikkTheTrick
2008-01-11, 12:22 AM
Wear it to take a picture in it.

Then, post the picture here.

Eita
2008-01-11, 12:31 AM
wear sun glasses and a ear piece and if someone asks why are you wearing a suit say "Thats on the need to know bases"

Currently I'm liking this guy's suggestion the best.

Serpentine
2008-01-11, 12:48 AM
just wear it and go to the library....The library? :smallconfused:

FoE
2008-01-11, 12:54 AM
just wear it and go to the library.

But what about all the roving gangs? I assume that your library is the same as mine and doubles as a homeless shelter. Oh, you can still check out a book, but you have to get past Steve the knife-wielding crack addict if you're hoping to get anything in the "fantasy and sci-fi" section. :smalltongue:

rubakhin
2008-01-11, 12:56 AM
What you need is more of a long-term goal. You've got to cultivate your inner bizarreness, instead of hiding it like most folks do. The sufficiently strange can get away with anything.

"Huh? Why's he wearing a suit?"

"Oh, that guy? He's just weird."

Bam. You'll never need an excuse for anything you feel like doing for the rest of your natural life.

Zeb The Troll
2008-01-11, 01:13 AM
just wear it and go to the library....like this...

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-11, 01:28 AM
Your excuse:

"Turqouise Bicycle shoe fins actualizes radish greenly." (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0068.html)

No-one will question such an act a second time.

At least, no-one I know.

Tarnag40k
2008-01-12, 01:44 PM

My school once had a formal day and you were suppossed to wear formal clothes, anyways me and 5 other friends of mine all wore black suits, with sunglasses and we hid our ipods under our jackets with one ear bud in the right ear.

Then we all walked in a delta formation. We have it down from all those trail patrol ambushes playing airsoft together.

And then posted our selves at different locations at the main lobby. yeah it was funny with peoples reactions.

killingtime33
2008-01-12, 01:49 PM
ooh! I know!! just wear it where ever and if anybody asks just tell them that the worlds about end and you wanted to look snazzy when it did!!!!!!! (beat that!)

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-12, 02:08 PM
Why should you need a reason? Just tell people you felt like wearing it.

Balkash
2008-01-12, 02:16 PM
OK, I like a lot of the ideas so far posted. But here's my feeble attempt:

Wear the suit, put on sunglasses, put a pen in your pocket, then go outside. Find someone not scary and follow them. Whenever they stop to look at you, just stare off somewhere. Avoid their eyes. Keep following them until the turn around and ask you why you are following them. When they do, pull the pen out of your pocket. Ask them if they dropped this pen. If they say yes, give it to them and walk off (oh well you lost a pen). BUT if they say no, then say "I didn't think so" and abruptly turn and walk off. Repeat as desired.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-01-12, 02:18 PM
You could be requested to be buried in it. :smalltongue:

Sometime closer to now. :smalltongue:

What do you mean it's not close to now? Oh wait, I wasn't supposed to tell you about that *hides knife*

Crispy Dave
2008-01-12, 02:19 PM

wow your not even 14?

Syka
2008-01-12, 02:47 PM
wow your not even 14?

16 where I live without a work permit. A few places, like the grocery store, MIGHT hire you as a bagger at 15. But I'm pretty sure in my area you need a work permit before you turn 16.

Cheers,
Syka

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-12, 02:58 PM
But what about all the roving gangs? I assume that your library is the same as mine and doubles as a homeless shelter. Oh, you can still check out a book, but you have to get past Steve the knife-wielding crack addict if you're hoping to get anything in the "fantasy and sci-fi" section. :smalltongue:

That's nothing. My library is in the middle of China Town, or our equivalent of it. Or, well, it's where the China Town area end and the slums begin. Bunches of addicts, gangsters and muggers. Not that I have anything against China Town, or the slums for that matter. But our China Town happens to have some pretty shady characters.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand: just get people used to you doing whatever the hell you feel like. Or don't, and they'll still get used to it if you just wear the suit when you want to wear it. Works for me. No-one questions me when I show up at a party mid-winter wearing sandals, and then decide to go for a walk in the park at four in the morning.

Dustyme
2008-01-12, 03:04 PM
Wear it to school and when asked by girls about it use some cheesy pick up lines :smallbiggrin:

"I'm weaing it because it's a way I could break the tension and talk to you..."

"I'm dressed like this becuase I wanted your attention, and it worked..."

"I just wanted to look as good as I could standing next to someone as beautiful as you..."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-12, 03:10 PM
Cheesy pick up lines always work, if some irony is involved.

Metal Head
2008-01-12, 10:18 PM
What you need is more of a long-term goal. You've got to cultivate your inner bizarreness, instead of hiding it like most folks do. The sufficiently strange can get away with anything.

"Huh? Why's he wearing a suit?"

"Oh, that guy? He's just weird."

Bam. You'll never need an excuse for anything you feel like doing for the rest of your natural life.

OK, I like a lot of the ideas so far posted. But here's my feeble attempt:

Wear the suit, put on sunglasses, put a pen in your pocket, then go outside. Find someone not scary and follow them. Whenever they stop to look at you, just stare off somewhere. Avoid their eyes. Keep following them until the turn around and ask you why you are following them. When they do, pull the pen out of your pocket. Ask them if they dropped this pen. If they say yes, give it to them and walk off (oh well you lost a pen). BUT if they say no, then say "I didn't think so" and abruptly turn and walk off. Repeat as desired.

Either of these are good, but I like the pen one more. I would personally do something completely different with the suit.

First, you have to cut of the sleeves on the jacket. Next, tie the tie around your waist, and use a belt as a tie. Add paint stains to the pants. You might want to get some extremely expensive loafers (actually they can be cheap, but why waste cheap loafers when you can waste expensive ones?) and then saw of the part where the toes would be. Do the same thing to a pair of sneakers, and then add the toe part of the sneakers to the loafers. Now you have some spiffy shoes. Now go buy some bling. It doesn't need to be real, it just needs to look real. Get yourself a hat with a wide brim and a big feather. Use an expensive cane for extra effect. Congratulations! You are now have a completely unique look! If anyone asks you about it, just say "I'm the worlds most screwed up pimp." (if you buy a bunch of suits, loafers, canes, bling, sneakers, and hats then you can make several outfits and wear this every day.)