PDA

View Full Version : A Werewolf Book

V Junior
2008-01-12, 04:37 AM
Hi. I'm thinking of writing a story (or, if I get it long enough, a book) that's based around Classic WW (down in Structered Games), and I'm thinking of of putting real playgrounders in. To do that, I need permission to use names. So...

If you're a regular WW player, and you want to be in a book, please post here to give me permission to use you. Thank you.

onasuma
2008-01-12, 05:00 AM
*gives permisson*

Zombie pixe
2008-01-12, 09:51 AM
well, im not really a regular (yet :smallamused:), but sure, you could use my name if you want (or chris) so feel free. and good luck :smallsmile:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-01-12, 01:13 PM
Now, you know I love a good ego-stroking. And that I heartily condone the termination of any characters-named-after-me's life. In the event that any possible CNAMs survive, well, I'm not against that either.

I've been lynched (auto- or otherwise) in more WW games than you know have been played on this board! I've even occasionally survived!

Raistlin1040
2008-01-12, 01:19 PM
I give permission. However, Raistlin is probably trademarked, so you may need to refer to me as Raistlin1040 all the time, or John.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-01-12, 06:35 PM
I see one thing that might be an issue with this. The Werewolf game we play here on the boards is based on an actual game made by Loony Labs, so there might actually be some copyright stuff involved for you to deal with.

V Junior
2008-01-13, 03:34 AM
^: Oh... DARN!

Well, it's very loosely based. There's not gonna be auto-lynching, and it's more based around what these people go through during the time in which the werewolves are around. There's a bit of a mystery element. It's really about breaking and making a lliances, people not being what they seem, and there may even be room for romance :redface: !

Mordokai
2008-01-13, 03:59 AM
I guess I'm becoming a regular player in this games, so if you want you can use my name as well. If Mordokai sounds too strange, use my RL name, which is George.

V Junior
2008-01-13, 04:03 AM
Oh yes, Fullbladder's gonna be first to die... :biggrin:

Thanks everyone so far! -ego strokes Fullbladder, John, George, onasuma, and Zombie-

Zar Peter
2008-01-13, 04:17 AM
I give permission to use my name.
But I never won a Classic game so far :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-13, 04:24 AM
I give my permission to use my name, I haven't played WW games since some time.
You should try and message Shadow...

Or if you don't like Dallas-Dakota or DD or Dallas.

You can also call me William.(my first name in rl)

Mordokai
2008-01-13, 04:31 AM
Just a question. Do you intend to publish this as real book, or will you put it up on internet somewhere? Because if it the later, I want the link to it when it's finished :smallsmile:

Freshmeat
2008-01-13, 05:05 AM
This sounds interesting. You've definitely got my permission.

The Valiant Turtle
2008-01-13, 07:13 AM
You don't really have to worry about the Loony labs thing. They acknowledge on their site (http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/Werewolf/Index.html) that they didn't originally create the game. They just created nice cards to use with it. The history of the game is pretty well listed at wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28game%29)

Permission granted to use me of course.

V Junior
2008-01-13, 08:45 AM
Just a question. Do you intend to publish this as real book, or will you put it up on internet somewhere? Because if it the later, I want the link to it when it's finished :smallsmile:

Depends how long it is.

If it's too short to be a book, it'll go onto the internet (and yes, you CAN have the link, all of you can).
If it's book-length, I'll try to get it published. If it gets published, it'll probably come out in the UK first. If I can't get it published, it'll go up onto the internet.

-ego strokes ZP, Raldor, William-

Oh yes, the FIRST ROLES HAVE BEEN DECIDED!
Wolves: Raistlin1040 (John the Guitarist), Freshmeat (Meaty the Schoolkid), Mordokai (George The Photo Guy), Dallas (Mr. Dakota the Caretaker)
Villagers: ZP (Detective Inspector Zar Peter the Policeman), Zombie Pike (Dr. Pike the Doctor), Raldor (Raldor the Builder), Onasuma (Onasuma the Builder/Craft Shop Owner)

Also... Sorry, Fullbladder, but you're basically a narrator kill.

Zar Peter
2008-01-13, 01:07 PM
...ZP (Detective Inspector Zar Peter the Policeman)...

Why does Inspector Clouseau comes into my mind.... :smallbiggrin:

Tussy the Druid
2008-01-13, 01:20 PM
I played in a game or two...
But I'd preferably like to be added as "Tussy The Druid"
I was mostly known for my insanity, and attempts to sacrifice other players to save myself.

Freshmeat
2008-01-13, 01:40 PM
...Freshmeat (Meaty the Schoolkid)...

Does that mean I'm the quintessential fat kid? Score!
I'm the comic relief! :smallwink:

(nah, just kidding, VJ - you can decide for yourself how you'd like my character to be)

Raistlin1040
2008-01-13, 02:30 PM
Depends how long it is.

If it's too short to be a book, it'll go onto the internet (and yes, you CAN have the link, all of you can).
If it's book-length, I'll try to get it published. If it gets published, it'll probably come out in the UK first. If I can't get it published, it'll go up onto the internet.

-ego strokes ZP, Raldor, William-

Oh yes, the FIRST ROLES HAVE BEEN DECIDED!
Wolves: Raistlin1040 (John the Guitarist), Freshmeat (Meaty the Schoolkid), Mordokai (George The Photo Guy), Dallas (Mr. Dakota the Caretaker)
Villagers: ZP (Detective Inspector Zar Peter the Policeman), Zombie Pike (Dr. Pike the Doctor), Raldor (Raldor the Builder), Onasuma (Onasuma the Builder/Craft Shop Owner)

Also... Sorry, Fullbladder, but you're basically a narrator kill.
Do all the wolves die in the end? Because if they do, I'll be sad. :smallfrown:

V Junior
2008-01-14, 07:49 AM
Raistlin - Sorry, but they will. You can die a cool death if you want to!
Tusserte - This is like a world nearly the same as ours, but the moon is always full, and here really are mythical creatures, but no magic. So no druids. You can, if you want, be a medicine man!
Freshmeat - I meant like the schoolkid who tries to find out who the wolves are and comes out lucky occaisionally. Meaning, that, yes, you are pretty much the seer.

A SMALL REQUEST
Will someone pull a female player over here?! I want to put romance in there somewhere, and the only way I can do it is if I've got boys and girls! Some girl must want an ego rub, or I'll have to put Junior in, and then some NPCs!!!

InaVegt
2008-01-14, 07:54 AM
I'm female, and I've played quite a few games.

Freshmeat
2008-01-14, 08:00 AM
Freshmeat - I meant like the schoolkid who tries to find out who the wolves are and comes out lucky occaisionally. Meaning, that, yes, you are pretty much the seer.

As in, wolf seer (devil), or villager seer? Actually, it doesn't really matter, as I'm happy with either of them. :smallamused:

A SMALL REQUEST
Will someone pull a female player over here?! I want to put romance in there somewhere, and the only way I can do it is if I've got boys and girls! Some girl must want an ego rub, or I'll have to put Junior in, and then some NPCs!!!

Other than Gezina, the following female werewolf players also come to mind immediately: Allara, Curlykitgirl and Cult of the Raven. I'm probably forgetting a few people here.
In any event, I assume you're going to include more than than one woman anyway, to avoid 'Smurfette syndrome'. :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-14, 08:09 AM
And the one who one the Black and Dragon awards. Argh I can't remember her name! I vaguely remember her being on some game, but that might be just me.

Caretaker huh, does this mean I can stalk people?

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-01-14, 09:37 AM
Cool. I get opening scene death. That means I get bragging rights.

Castaras
2008-01-14, 11:23 AM
Eh, go on then.

Just to say though...I'm normally a kitten in these. :smalltongue:

Or a Zombie kitten...or a Fluffy Vorpal Bunny Rabbit...or a variation on the cute, cuddly white fluffy animal.

Kitten would be best though. :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2008-01-14, 11:41 AM
You can use Haruki. But I've never played the actual WW Classic, just the other games. Does that count?

V Junior
2008-01-14, 03:14 PM
Haruki: WW other than WW Classic counts, since they're all just a spin on WW Classic.
Castaras: Mmm... how about a human stuck in the body of a kitten who can still talk? Since it's a world half-way between DnD and RL, it could fit.
Freshmeat: Good seer, who has a tendency to get killed early.
Fullbladder: !!! I thought I only gave an ego massage to Shadow!
Gezina: Hooray! A girl! That makes me, you, and the NPCs!
Dallas: M'kay. You can stalk people. Maybe you're the fool or summat 'cause the caretakers in my setting tend to all be hard of hearing...

-ego rubs Gezina, Haruki and Cassie-
-SUPER EGO MASSAGE RUB for Shadow!!!! He accepted so I can employ the most fundamental rule; The Rule Of Shadow!-

Raistlin1040
2008-01-14, 07:08 PM
Just had an idea. Since my character is named John, I thought when he dies, he could reveal how he became a WW. The Answer? Bitten by a rabid Yoko Ono.

V Junior
2008-01-15, 02:04 AM
^: Great idea... but you're not exactly a wolf. I can reveal that, instead of boring old wolves, Shadow is the Alpha and Raistalin1040 is the devil!

WEREWOLF - THE CAST LIST
The wolves are: Mordokai (George), Shadow (alpha), Raistlin (John/devil), Dallas-Dakota (Mr. Dakota), Castaras (Cassie the Kitten), Haruki-kun
The villagers are: Zar Peter (DI Zar Peter), Zombie Pike (Dr. Pike), Raldor (fool), Onasuma, Gezina, Freashmeat (Meaty/seer), Tusserte (Tussy/baner)

And I have a question... Was Shadow ever found out as a wolf by the seer, but then tricked the villager into lynching the seer, not him?

Shadow
2008-01-16, 12:52 PM
^: Great idea... but you're not exactly a wolf. I can reveal that, instead of boring old wolves, Shadow is the Alpha and Raistalin1040 is the devil!

WEREWOLF - THE CAST LIST
The wolves are: Mordokai (George), Shadow (alpha), Raistlin (John/devil), Dallas-Dakota (Mr. Dakota), Castaras (Cassie the Kitten), Haruki-kun
The villagers are: Zar Peter (DI Zar Peter), Zombie Pike (Dr. Pike), Raldor (fool), Onasuma, Gezina, Freashmeat (Meaty/seer), Tusserte (Tussy/baner)

And I have a question... Was Shadow ever found out as a wolf by the seer, but then tricked the villager into lynching the seer, not him?

Thank you for the double ego stroke.
Rule of Shadow and the Alpha.
*bows*

And to answer your question: Yes. That happened in Werewolf Classic IV.
Post 431 of this page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42787&page=15&highlight=werewolf) is where that fun begins. :smallwink:

Oh yes, Fullbladder's gonna be first to die... :biggrin:

You should make that Gnome Barbarian. For tradition's sake.

Haruki-kun
2008-01-16, 03:04 PM

WEREWOLF - THE CAST LIST

I see some people have already selected some sort of Character to play.

Should I do that too? Or did you already pick one for me too?

V Junior
2008-01-20, 01:51 PM
I see some people have already selected some sort of Character to play.

Should I do that too? Or did you already pick one for me too?

I made you a WW 'cause it's ironic (you're an ANGEL but you're a baddie)...

Be whatever you wanna be. Maybe you could be the not-so-innocent innocent?