PDA

View Full Version : Sleep deprivation + D&D sourcebooks + creative imagination = MADNESS

Admiral Squish
2008-01-12, 05:24 AM
Hi. I'm pretty sure I'm crazy at this point. I stayed up all night reading D&D books and RPing, and now my brain HATES ME. As in, WANTS TO KILL ME. WITH A KNIFE. My eyes are rebelling, too. Prickly-burny pain, just enough to make it uncomfortable. I hate things. So many things. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and realize all the stupid crap I did while under the influence of hyperactivity and D&D.

kpenguin
2008-01-12, 05:35 AM
So basicly you were high... ON DND?!

Eita
2008-01-12, 05:50 AM
Quick! The FDA can't know man! I can't get another legal fix!

TRM
2008-01-13, 11:24 AM
*Hides thread from government agents*

Shraik
2008-01-13, 01:48 PM
Whats even worse is lack of sleep, trance music, and a rubik's cube.... I felt like I needed to turn my keyboard to make it work.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-13, 02:02 PM
Meh, how long is 'all night'?

I've spent up 6:00pm until 5:00am solidly working, and I didn't feel the ill-effects until, what, about 3:00pm next day. Admittedly, I did fall asleep standing up, but, hey, what can one do?

My brain didn't want to kill me with a knife, though.

Premsyl
2008-01-13, 04:10 PM
Who needs PCP or MDMA or THC when there's DND?

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-13, 04:12 PM
Wait till all those folks who claim games are tools of the devil get word of this...
Bad days ahead, boys!

SurlySeraph
2008-01-14, 01:35 AM
Heh, I've reached a pretty fun state of sleep deprivation. See, I needed to spend today writing my essay on the Aeneid, but I spent a lot of time on GITP when I should have been writing. God forgive me for my laziness, lack of self-control, impiety, and refusal to listen to common sense.

Currently I'm waiting for my dad to finish looking over my essay to see if it makes any sense.

I've reached this beautiful state of mind, in which I'm singing heavy metal songs about paranoid schizophrenia to myself to stay awake, and I don't care who I annoy, even if I'm annoying myself. In the morning I'll be angry that I didn't work hard enough, get the paper done early, get enough sleep, and study for my calc test on Tuesday. For now, I'm vaguely wondering when I'll have time to fix the filters on my fish tanks. Probably next weekend, since this is the last week of 1st semester and we'll have much less work 2nd semester. But then, I expect to have a lot of free time every weekend. Hehe! "Hey, hey, you're my mask, you're my cover my shelter. Hey, hey, you're my mask, you're the one who's blamed! Do, do, do my work, do my dirty work scapegoat! Do, do, do my deed, for you're the one who's shamed!"

EDIT: I almost forgot. Well, did forgot. "Madness? WHY! HAS! NO! ONE! MENTIONED! SPAAAAAAAARTA?!"

Destro_Yersul
2008-01-14, 02:14 AM
EDIT: I almost forgot. Well, did forgot. "Madness? WHY! HAS! NO! ONE! MENTIONED! SPAAAAAAAARTA?!"

I was about to, but then you did.

I'm used to being half insane due to sleep deprivation, because one of the things I do frequently is stay up till around 4AM. Sometimes 5 or 6, depending on when I get around to looking at the clock. I then have to wake up at 9AM, because I'm working that day. I did this something like four days in a row once.

It's worst around 3AM on the third day when you can't figure out why you exist. I'm sure if I had added alcohol it would be worse. Anyways, Sleep Deprivation + Existential Quandaries + Intarwebs = SPAAAAAAAAARTA.

Vella_Malachite
2008-01-14, 08:31 AM
Try sleep deprivation + chocolate pancakes + card games = :smalleek:.
Gosh, that was fun. It didn't help that the pancakes stuck to the ceiling.

Metal Head
2008-01-14, 09:47 AM
Your brain wants to kill you? Well I'm a (barely) trained surgeon, and for only $2 I can remove your brain with a sledge hammer. You'll be happy for the rest of your life!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-14, 09:55 AM
Hi. I'm pretty sure I'm crazy at this point. I stayed up all night reading D&D books and RPing, and now my brain HATES ME. As in, WANTS TO KILL ME. WITH A KNIFE. My eyes are rebelling, too. Prickly-burny pain, just enough to make it uncomfortable. I hate things. So many things. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and realize all the stupid crap I did while under the influence of hyperactivity and D&D.

Only that?

We have had much more then that...

shhh they may not know about it..they will try and take it away....shhh...

Admiral Squish
2008-01-14, 12:19 PM
There is a definitive lack of sparta here. And, so, I shall fill the space myself.

*ahem*

THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!

Gig_Complex
2008-01-14, 01:05 PM
Been in one of those states of mind before. Was working on my car trying to turn a 2000 Ford Taurus into an offroad capable automobile. Well due to a mix up in a parts order and the evils of tenecious mind when I want to get something done and a 12 pack of Redbull I spent three full days awake trying to work on my car. I don't really remember the last 12 hours or so but my friends say that while I was waiting for a delieveray I ended up reorganizing my dorm and tried to duck tape my couch to the wall,

PaladinFreak
2008-01-14, 04:11 PM
I've kind of felt like that myself, except instead of wanting to kill me with a knife, my brain wanted to slip into a full state of catatonia. That was 01/01/08.

I my friend and I stayed up way too late playing World of Warcraft.