PDA

View Full Version : Comic Comments (proposition!)

rizen
2008-01-12, 02:44 PM
I read the comic before last in OOTS(belkar releasing the cat) and busted my gut laughing, and I really just wanted to make a funny comment about it, that others might share the laughter from my perspective. It made me really really want comments for each comic page. So the laughs can continue and everyone will know just what Wouldn't that be AMAZING?

I am web design inclined and offer my help to get this done. I could code something up in an hour or two, and would do it completely gratis. But I would have to talk to mr webmaster about how to approach it. Can anyone help draw his attention to this thread?

Its a really common thing on the web these days. Content with comments. Thats just how the internet rolls these days. Consider this a natural 20. :D

Anyone interested in seeing this happen?

I am about to leave, or I would continue the research and try to find a contact form or something. Can anyone help make my life easier? Mr Webmaster perhaps?

Raistlin1040
2008-01-12, 02:52 PM
I don't suppose you know of the comment threads in the OotS forum? Rich puts a new one up every comic.

Sneak
2008-01-12, 02:53 PM
I don't really see the need for this, as this is what the stickied comic threads in the Order of the Stick section of the boards are for.

EDIT: Grrr. Rais-mued.

rizen
2008-01-13, 08:15 PM
oh shizzle, no I didn't know that, I only signed up to post about it.

I should have looked first. Either way, it should be built in under the comic. or at least a link to its specific thread.

Oh well. :P

Raistlin1040
2008-01-13, 08:21 PM
Doesn't matter that much either way. There's more important stuff to do then have the link under the comic, especially since it's stickied in the OotS forum.

Whatever. Enjoy the forums. :smallsmile:

Animefunkmaster
2008-01-14, 03:36 AM
I don't think it is needed for the following reasons:

There is a thread stickied for each new strip.
There is a mass quantity of users who post about OOTS and it's hilarity.
- so much so that repeat threads are a normal occurance
- to lump all comments on a single page (with the assumption it displays the last 20 comments) would cycle quickly (not 4chan fast but fast), too quickly for the comment to be worthwhile (and if you try to post last no one will read it).
-this isn't YouTube, there is only one author.
-if you like a strip just tell lyour friends, becuase we are all looking at the strip to see the hilarity and there is no need for explination.