PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem DS

Sequinox
2008-01-12, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Wikipedia:
Fire Emblem DS (tentative title) is the 11th installment of the Fire Emblem series and the first to feature online play. Announced in October 2007,[1] the game is for the Nintendo DS and is a remake of the first Fire Emblem game, Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi.[2] The game offers a graphical enhancement from Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi as well as utilising the dual screen on the Nintendo DS and its online capabilities. The game features Marth as the main character of the game. The story centres on Marth as he embarks on a quest to win back the Kingdom of Altea and rescue his kidnapped sister, Ellis. Characters that were not present in the original version, such as Freyr, have been introduced in this version.[3]

:smallcool: Yes! Maybe this'll mean more translations to us American FE players! But then that could be bad for Japanese gamers who don't want to repeat playing the same thing... Anyway, new opinions?

obvious pun
2008-01-12, 10:58 PM
Hooray! Now I want have to buy an outdated game system and learn a second language to play FE1! Oh, I can see the FAQ section of some random gaming site now...

Q: Is Marth in this game?
A: Gaaaahhh!!! Why is it that every time a new FE comes out, someone asks that? Whyyy... Oh, wait, yes... yes he is.

Geno9999
2008-01-20, 08:06 PM
Hooray! Now I want have to buy an outdated game system and learn a second language to play FE1! Oh, I can see the FAQ section of some random gaming site now...

Q: Is Marth in this game?
A: Gaaaahhh!!! Why is it that every time a new FE comes out, someone asks that? Whyyy... Oh, wait, yes... yes he is.

LOLZ!:smallbiggrin: Please let this not be a big joke on us English types (RUN AWAY!). So yeah, I want it because then I can show everyone why he is called TROGDOR! err, I mean MARTH!

Mando Knight
2008-01-20, 10:51 PM
Trogdor was a man...:smallbiggrin:

I've heard about the DS remake of the original Fire Emblem, and believe me, as soon as the thing comes out, BAM! I'm buying it!:smallbiggrin:

Although if that gets scrapped for NTSC (and I doubt it will), I could always find me a Famicom and learn Japanese... (want to learn that language anyway...):smallwink:

Closet_Skeleton
2008-01-21, 03:36 AM
everyone why he is called TROGDOR! err, I mean MARTH!

Sadly, Marth is no burninator, he is in fact the third crappest character in the original SNES version, barring only the useless dragon guy (there's a far more powerful dragon girl though) and the original Marcus like character.

Remaking the original Fire Emblem is odd since Fire Emblem 6 was practically a more modernist remake anyway (despite no computer game coming out until way after post modernism).

Raroy
2008-01-21, 09:46 AM
I remember playing some of Fire emblem one. WHY WERE THE BRIGANDS KILLING ME LORD! He was the third weakest character? That would explain some things.......

It's Fire emblem 11? Is it 11 in japan too? I guess they are going to add new character's and levels in too.

The Trogdor reference made me laugh way to hard. Which is bad since the sun isn't even up yet.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-01-21, 12:28 PM
:smallcool: Yes! Maybe this'll mean more translations to us American FE players! But then that could be bad for Japanese gamers who don't want to repeat playing the same thing... Anyway, new opinions?

Ahhh great, I really enjoyed both the GBA games of Fire Emblem, but the GC game completely ruined it in my opinion. Glad to hear this is gonna be a re-make, not a continuation from the Gamecude one.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-01-21, 01:12 PM
Ahhh great, I really enjoyed both the GBA games of Fire Emblem, but the GC game completely ruined it in my opinion. Glad to hear this is gonna be a re-make, not a continuation from the Gamecude one.

There's a Wii one is a continuation of the gamecube version, but the DS one may be more like the gamecube version. The gamecube version added back in a lot of the things that had been in Super Famicom (I'm confused as to whether saying SNES is appropriate for Japan only games) Fire Emblem games had but the GBA ones had taken out.

Sequinox
2008-01-26, 09:05 AM

call me a n00b, but who's Trogdor?

Unless you mean Trog (from the tavern)

Geno9999
2008-01-26, 10:07 AM
YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE BURNINATOR????:smallfurious:
Go here; http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html
Back to subject, Marth was weak?? funny, in melee he seemed like a demon!

Closet_Skeleton
2008-01-26, 10:32 AM
Back to subject, Marth was weak?? funny, in melee he seemed like a demon!

Yes, Roy is pretty crap as well until he gets the Sword of Seals (which he has in Super Smash Brothers, hence his fireball attack). If Roy and Marth can do well in that, an actually powerful Fire Emblem character like Oswin should be able to slaughter all of them. Eliwood is the weakest of the three Lords in Fire Emblem 7, and he's stronger than Marth and Roy. Then again, Super Smash Brothers Melee was the game where Pikachu was better overall than Mewto so stats from other games don't really correlate.

They'll probably make Marth better for the remake, seeing as how the recent trend has been to make super powerful Lords like Ephraim, Hector and Ike.

Sequinox
2008-01-27, 03:59 PM

Oh.

I thought you ment some FE character... That was a really weird video, too.

Geno9999
2008-01-27, 08:35 PM
You do not want my older brothers to get his hands on Marth/Roy, They'll DESTROY you!
So yeah, a better Marth for a better FE.

Mando Knight
2008-01-27, 10:43 PM
You do not want my older brothers to get his hands on Marth/Roy, They'll DESTROY you!

Hey, Geno... Boku wa makeru wake-ni wa ikanainda!:smallwink:

I wonder if Pegasus Knight will upgrade to Dragon Knight, like it does in the original?

Geno9999
2008-01-28, 05:26 PM
Hey, Geno... Boku wa makeru wake-ni wa ikanainda!:smallwink:
Did you just... insult me in Japanese? Umm... I know you are?:smallconfused:

Mando Knight
2008-01-28, 06:39 PM
In a way... it's one of Marth's ending screen phrases, meaning roughly "I can't lose."

Sequinox
2008-01-28, 08:49 PM
So... has anyone hear played the original in Japanese? And if so, was it good?

... Well I guess it had to be good or they wouldn't have come out with another... what, nine games?

yoshi927
2008-01-28, 09:09 PM
I'm definitely getting that. Probably pre-ordering too.

As far as I know, there are some big mechanics differences between this game and the ones we know. I wonder if they'll be changing that in the remake?

Raroy
2008-01-28, 09:28 PM
So... has anyone hear played the original in Japanese? And if so, was it good?

... Well I guess it had to be good or they wouldn't have come out with another... what, nine games?

I'm sure it was good for its time but I don't think its possible for it to age well since it was from the nes days.

Geno9999
2008-01-29, 07:50 AM
Since I have FE Dawn, I'm sure that they won't have the P. kuh-nig-it turn into a Dragon Kuh-nig-it, it turns into a Falcon Knight!

Mando Knight
2008-01-29, 08:25 AM
Since I have FE Dawn, I'm sure that they won't have the P. kuh-nig-it turn into a Dragon Kuh-nig-it, it turns into a Falcon Knight!

In the original Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light (Nintendo's translation of the title...), Pegasus Knight did indeed upgrade to Dragon Knight.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-01-29, 08:32 AM
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light (Nintendo's translation of the title...)

Hopefully a localiser will spot how stupid that looks and change it to "Dragon of Darkness, Sword of Light" or something else slightly cooler.